It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever feel like you don't fit in your body?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hi guys!
I am going to try to describe this the best way I can. Ever since I as younger, I always felt like I was separate from my body, that I didn't fit in my body. I feel like I'm foreign to this physical body. It isn't how I look, my personality....etc it is simply that I feel separate. I don't belong in this physical state so to speak, or maybe even so that I'm not comfortable in a physical body. I have probably lost you by now

I have always been very serious and much more mature for my age. I have always felt like there was something different about myself. For example, I don't get into popular culture, much like those who surround me. I find myself being more receptive and wise beyond my years. When I talk with and look at others, it all seems so superficial to me. I can't explain it that well. It is just a feeling of detachment from those around me as well as myself (physical being). I have had a medium tell me I am a very old soul and that always intrigued me though I'm not sure what that means, but maybe it is pertinent.
Has anyone experienced this or can anyone relate? It is very depressing to feel so out of place all the time and for as long as I have. I don't feel comfortable no matter where I am, how I look, what I do....etc It just doesn't feel right or natural. I'm just a separate entity. Perhaps, I'm just a weirdo ( I will admit that is possible LOL) but I would love if I could get some insight from others.
edit on 27-9-2013 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2013 by cappy85 because: Grammar

edit on 9/28/2013 by kosmicjack because: title fix

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Sometimes when im walking sitting or anything I'll feel like im suddenly way above myself or to the side, things along those lines.

I later was told this is a sign of a type of stress

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hknudzkknexnt

That is somewhat I mean. I have had an OBE once but this is a constant feeling of separation. I don't feel all that stresed but maybe I should try more relaxtion or meditation?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I can relate, although I do feel like i fit my body just fine...

What you have described is my philosophy of life. I see myself as two
entities; the animal that I am wearing which comes complete with instinct
and desires, and the spiritual being that inhabits the animal.

That's the way I approach life...this body is just a vehicle destined for the junkyard

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

I think you may right, I suppose I should just get used to having to drag this body around!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Strangely enough, that can be one of the ways that Body Dysmorphic Disorder manifests itself.

As far as your psychic telling you that youre an old soul and all of that... there are true psychics out there, however people and their insatiable need to feel "special" have made "psychic counseling" a big business. I wanted to believe that we could tap into a psychic for needed info yrs ago, so we ran a little series of tests within a parapsychology special interest group out of Ol Miss. I am no longer a believer that everyone is born with that innate ability and I do believe that the majority of psychics are cranks. Even recently in the midwest where I am now... 6 psychics taken to a residential home to give their psychic impressions concerning the events at the house. Not one hit it. These werent backpage psychics... they were relatively well known and claimed various percentages of accuracy. Considering the historic home in the experiment is MINE.. it was difficult for them to explain the inaccuracies away.

We all like to feel special OP... its ingrained in us from birth. Its when you realize you are nothing special and stop seeking validation for your need to feel special... that you can really move in the world and see how truly amazing WE are. Go macro rather than micro

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Nope! I actually feel very comfortable in my body. I've always been naturally physically talented and very confident in my movements. It's the world at large that I don't feel like I fit in with. I sometimes have fantasies about thrusting my forearm into the dirt and watching as the cracks around it spread and begin to glow until it spreads around the globe and the Earth explodes like the death star... sorry I digress.

I have never felt like I've had any extremely meaningful connections with even the people I care about most.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

That is funny that you mentioned because I have been diagnosed with BDD. That is very interesting information regarding psychics indeed. Luckily, I didn't pay for her service, she was invited into our class during my undergraduate years! And I know what you mean by wanting to feel special but this feeling isn't so much that, it's more of a negative "I don't belong here kind of attitude. " If that makes any sense

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by corvuscorrax

I feel very detached from others too, but I do have the whole issue with myself. Perhaps this isn't philosophical at all, maybe I have a form of PTSD. As I mentioned early I had an OBE and it's pretty much since that time I have had this feeling. Maybe I am just mental, though it seems much more than that! Thanks for the insight.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

When having the OBE you saw very clearly that you are not really in a body - how can you ever lie to yourself now you have seen the truth?

The body is just an appearance and you are the seer of all that is appearing.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

All the time.

I feel I am holding myself back from my optimal potential.

I found out I love to run, but my feets tell me otherwise. To me, that is the biggest 'don't fit this body' experience that a lucid person can face.

I still dream of running distances that I will not be able to do now. It saddens me greatly each and every dream.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You are so right. And while I was viewing myself, I was being hurt and my physical body couldn't stop anything. Perhaps, I no longer feel a connection because I feel resentful towards my weak body too? Instead of my soul being fine and comfortable, I have seen the separtion and I was not pleased with what I saw? Would this make sense to you?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

ChuckNasty
I still dream of running distances that I will not be able to do now. It saddens me greatly each and every dream.

Why not feel blessed that you got to do it - even if you dreamt it you still had the experience.
When I get to see my mother in a dream I am so happy the next day because I saw her - she is no longer in this waking dream.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Absolutely! The restrictions our physical body puts on our innermost beings desires can cause quite the conflict.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
First of all is that a recent picture of you in your avatar?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

cappy85
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You are so right. And while I was viewing myself, I was being hurt and my physical body couldn't stop anything. Perhaps, I no longer feel a connection because I feel resentful towards my weak body too? Instead of my soul being fine and comfortable, I have seen the separtion and I was not pleased with what I saw? Would this make sense to you?

The body did what it had to do. The body will always just do what it does.
You can just watch it move and it will work better if you do not think you are in it - just witness all that is happening.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Ok so the old soul is correct, but we are all old souls at this point, where you may differ slightly is that you have been on the path towards enlightenment for many lives, in your last you died just short of it. You were killed while in a deep state of meditation, you were not in your body at the time of your murder. Many past karma's were cleared instantaneously, however you still have a past life hangover from the experience.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hum, did not read anything but your Op when I last posted, interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We are all very old souls. We existed in an age before this age, had no needs or wants, and there was a war. Rather than most perishing for our errors, this age was created and we are learning to walk the true path of unconditional love. We don't remember that age, we meet people (I believe) that we knew before and have that instant connection, and we know we were meant to meet. Sometimes it is for a short season and other times a lifetime. We are all special and I do mean that. When we move into the next age we will understand a LOT more, but until then this is an age to struggle, learn, and most of all forgive ourselves and each other.

Much love,

Serenity

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join