It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God was nothing more then Just a Computer?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

johncarter
reply to post by infoseeker26754

If God is a computer, this OS sucks and I want a new one or a purge of all malware and a reboot.

I Want? How about you just Choose? It is your choice you know!

Have a Good Day!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I've noticed. Why the change anyway?

Man it seem's has to change everything to fit into a Small Box setting rules so the unexplained can not happen!
Maybe control would be a better word to use.

Anything outside the box can mess up your day if you live in a box!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
infoseeker26754

You are either relating to that event because a past life had the same experience OR your DNA/RNA has memory of 'something' through/passed down by your ancestors. My higher selves fight with me and themselves all of the time. Scream fests actually. Your higher selves all will have different personalities as they make up your group soul content, as you are now the latest expression of, to improve or add to this 'OVERSOUL' of yours that is in the process of growing; why?
edit on 28-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

I got tired of the Re-run's? Somehow I know I have Stuff to do and putting if off was an excuse. To open one's soul take's time, or if you like finding Mine!

Was it lost, misplaced, forgotten, stolden or hidden? What drive's a person to dig deep within themselves knowing it will change everything you knew or thought you knew?

Choice?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims
reply to post by tinyDAWK

The question is 'How many roads must a man walk down ?'
edit on 28-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: accuracy

I've found that it is a highway with endless path's one could follow with pitholes, apples, and a tree to take a brake if need be.

Now where's that darn gas station!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

That's what I say everyday WTF?

I thought it was better then the God Particle idea.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, each and everyone of us are God, immersed in the very game that we created. If we are all "created in God's image", then are we not perfect holograms, perfect complete copies of God? It is fun to wonder at it all! PEACE.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Maybe, just maybe, each and everyone of us are God, immersed in the very game that we created. If we are all "created in God's image", then are we not perfect holograms, perfect complete copies of God? It is fun to wonder at it all! PEACE.

It is great to ponder as long as you do not get carried away with it. Next year it might be a virus idea, or no God at all. It looks like the one's who found God just might be in another plane anyway.

One would have to consider someday that in finding God, you actually Find Yourself. I find now I can never be perfect since I am perfect. Or the idea of you being already Enlightened, you just don't know this yet.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Snarl
vethumanbeing
infoseeker26754

infoseeker26754
I hear you on this! Voices ARE good; even the one's that come up with the crazy ideas, bad one's too! At first I was WTF? Fighting in my head, some would agree and fight with the others, and some even get pissed off!

veteranhumanbeing
You are either relating to that event because a past life had the same experience OR your DNA/RNA has memory of 'something' through/passed down by your ancestors. My higher selves fight with me and themselves all of the time. Scream fests actually. Your higher selves all will have different personalities as they make up your group soul content, as you are now the latest expression of, to improve or add to this 'OVERSOUL' of yours that is in the process of growing; why?

snarl
Or ... maybe ... more simply ... you're picking that up in dreams/visions.Vet: You mentioned time in your previous reply to infoseeker. Consider the 'time compression' we experience while dreaming. Thoughts on that please.

When you are 'out of body' or what you consider to be 'dreaming' you are not physically in the 3d arena; you are in a higher dimension that is not of matter. Your spirit mind is intact. You can experience a scenario (script played out) that seems as if it were 6 hours of your physical lifetime as you would relate it to in linear time. You actually might have only spent 5 minutes, if you were timing your travels and had help in documenting your OOBE's or what you think is dreamtime. There is no time compression when you are out of body, there is no time at all; its when you awaken and think "what just happenned, I was lost in fantasical cityscape for what I think was two days". You are merely equating the experience with your understanding of matter, its eventual entropy/decay and your place in the 3D is fixed in this ultimate reality, the one leading from birth to a "physical" death. None of this correlates to your spirit/soul traveling as it NEVER dies your soul is eternal, so it does not have the confines/constraints (time invented by man) of the physical.

edit on 29-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was listening to my daily Bible and then heard this verse in Genesis.....

Genesis 6: KJV

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

This verse is saying God or Gods Spirit isn't Flesh!!

The spirit sounds so much like a saucer or craft, especially with this...

Genesis 1 KJV

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Then, when Ezekiel described the spirit

Ezekiel 1 KJV

4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass.

8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went.

13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

22 And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

There are also references in New Testament to the Spirit performing a function of a craft.

Found that interesting, and thought of your thread!!

Highlights in green to help the read.
edit on 29-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
infoseeker26754
veteranhumanbeing
Snarl
veteranhumanbeing
infoseeker26754
reply to post by veteranhumanbeing

infoseeker
The Church took this one understanding away from man! Using Hell as some fear base idea of lost hope.
I can't say anything about this in your Life, I just KNOW when I am doing something wrong, period! And if I can not try do do something myself. Why would I need a God to do it for me?

Fear based ideology is one of organized religions tricks,

infoseeker
"one of" ... such a telling condemnation. Would you mind starting a thread on this topic? I would like to know more.

veteranhumanbeing
Seriously? Faith Religion and Theology is my home town, and this is where that potencial thread will land. If you dont hear from me I will have been buried by Bedouins up to my neck in sand waiting for dehydration or the ants to infiltrate my occulars and nasal cavities (telling me its going to be allright--your maker awaits).

infoseeker
You just had to go there! Let's skip the religion stuff for now and start with Faith. Faith in Whom? Let's see, first one must start with oneself so that leave God out of it. Most of the time putting Faith in the system end's in error, last might as well have a pet or 2 since they are Faithfull in your giving.The computer can not use Faith, Life does not either, and some have lost Faith within themselves thinking by using a computer it can do it for them. Have you not noticed that this World pull's you away from you believing in you own Self?
You can not hide nor run from yourself. Faith in some God to do all the work you should be doing yourself so now you just gave away your Power to a God that might not exist at all! Religion want's you to buy into this so they have your Power and your money. Why give 10% to the Church when you could give it to someone else in need. Even Christ said that, or was it Satan?

No one should be tithing a church (even if to build one) as according to Jesus, its a mental/spirital thing, not a physical ediface you go to on a Saturday or Sunday, (not sure he really was comfortable with Solomans temple mt.Jeruselem/selling sacrificial goats, post cards, and scratch cards-- a market arena) completely warped ideology by those that purport to 'know' the bible, the scholars are generally not the pundits--it may be your local restaurant owner newly come by some internet certification to preach. Oh the faith thing, of course you come first, that was the whole idea of 'Freewill' not to be dominated by a (LISTEN TO THE WORD)-- DENOMINATION of faith that trys to hornswaggle you out of your hard earned cash. Not supposed to give away the individualness OF SELF as there is a reason each and everyone of us is not a cookie cutter stamp. We are inherently individualized for a reason. MORE INFORMATION, different experiences. The organized religions have a plan, to homogenize belief systems into larger batches, dump you into the great funnels of Islam, Christianity, Judaism etc. and what filters out on/into the collection plate/jar is a big pile of money equaling an opportunity that may or may not be for the positive and is tax exempt. If there is a Satan mob boss, this would be ITS domaine/territory and loving every minute of it.
edit on 29-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
infoseeker26754
reply to post by paradox

inforseeker
That's what I say everyday WTF?
I thought it was better then the God Particle idea.

Leon Ledermans "The God Partical"? There is another book out there by a physisist you might find amusing. Thomas Campbell's trilogy--"MY BIG TOE" or his Theory Of Everything. It reads better than the God Partical and not full of Egocentric puffery nonsense; what is surprising is he seems to come at this like a field observer--an anthropologist.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE

Yes,Yup, arfy bark bark yawp; just maybe we are all god aspect, each emersed in our own game with our own players. Naturally not perfect as if so what is the point of being, to perfect ourselves, hense God. Its all funsterism in the best or most comical of Gods plan for ITSELF. I have a coconut cream pie in the face planned for IT soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The problem with the simulation theory (or the idea that "God" is a computer) is that it just pushes back the inevitable. That is to say, it doesn't answer the question of origins. If the universe is a simulation running on some crazy super computer somewhere, then there is still the question of who programmed the computer and wrote the software, who built said computer, and where they came from (and ultimately how their universe came to be). Basically the question of origins still remains wide open, even if it's pushed forward a few steps in the equation.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I am reminded of something I heard once:

An ant is walking along through the grass one day, when it happens to encounter a stretch of asphalt. Not recognizing what asphalt is, it hesitantly steps forward to explore. Before it can even to begin drawing conclusions about this anomaly, a car rushes by and a gust of wind tosses the ant. The ant reflects momentarily and returns to the nest, never knowing anything more about the asphalt or it's purpose ...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

bobs_uruncle

"What if God was nothing more then Just a Computer?"

The "nothing more than just" kind of gets me, it almost implies useless or irrelevant when in fact, it doesn't matter what "God" is, since it is one helluva lot smarter than all of us combined.

Cheers - Dave

Oh no, did I? Irrelevant maybe, fact yes. God is Everything and yet, Nothing!

Let's say 50 yrs from now. Depending if The Computer become's aware of itself, then it can now think for itself and over write it programming.

Does this make it the new Man? Created in One's own Image.

It's very possible. I would contend that we are simply meat puppets/organic robots that are somehow under remote control from somewhere else, a computer could do that if it was self aware, smart enough and had an almost infinite energy source. Of course if man creates a computer that becomes self aware, it will more than likely design a better self aware computer to protect itself, then we'd really be screwed.

Read "The Last Question" by Isaac Asimov ;-) At least the computer in the story is benevolent.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was reading something in Popular Science last month or so about a program that simulated the process of animals learning to interact with their environment by developing a script that took chunks of automated code which experimented with various forms of activity. The ones that succeeded in achieving sufficient mobility survived while the less successful ones didn't. My point here is that those chunks of code did not automatically flourish. They had to meet a standard first, a standard determined by the parameters of the virtual sandbox in which they played. The same goes for all organisms in the real world. Something doesn't simply manifest and then continue developing in a manner that seems most productive for its survival.

There are two rules to matter: it is lazy. It will take the path of least resistance. And it is stupid. It will try every other path first, just to be sure. This means that any and all matter existent today reached that state by exhausting all other avenues of development. I wouldn't call that any more intelligent than driving around the entire country just to reach a destination that's about 20 miles from the place you left.

Tying back into my point, I would suggest that there are rules which determine the behavior of matter. Rules which ensure that anything which is unstable will inevitably self-destruct and provide both the room and the materials for something more stable to manifest. These are the rules of an efficient universe which could very easily be a failure which has yet to engage in its final death throes.

I vote to wait and see what science can tell us about these laws that govern the universe, subatomic politics and whatnot. Intelligent design, to me, would be finding something that cannot happen naturally, happening effectively. Replicating organic functions in nonorganic material, for instance. Eliciting biological behavior in non-biological devices. That's intelligent design. But to call the biological behavior in itself intelligent...no. It's the difference between watching a swan sail across a lake and making a paper boat that does the same thing. One is a process of thousands of years worth of self-automated organic craftsmanship, cells reacting to stimuli again and again and again, the more practical outlasting the less practical and narrowing down the possibilities until there is no more improvement to be had. Then you have the paper boat. There was no trial and error, no eliminating flaws, just straight from point A to point B.

That's the difference. And the subatomic politics of this world reflect a system in which trial and error, give and take, back-and-forth is the process by which all things are built and destroyed. It's not straight from point A to point B. And everything we see is the way it is because it has managed to survive the fluxing relationship with the quantum protocols that keep this universe in a somewhat stable state. It was a process. You notice how everything follows a very specific set of rules that exhibits a number of combinations and degrees? And yet nothing violates those rules. If it does, something goes wrong. Something starts to operate less effectively.

I want to see what we can learn about these laws. If we can find out how they developed, we will have somewhere to start in finding out the real answers.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
The problem with the simulation theory (or the idea that "God" is a computer) is that it just pushes back the inevitable. That is to say, it doesn't answer the question of origins. If the universe is a simulation running on some crazy super computer somewhere, then there is still the question of who programmed the computer and wrote the software, who built said computer, and where they came from (and ultimately how their universe came to be). Basically the question of origins still remains wide open, even if it's pushed forward a few steps in the equation.

See that you have caught my evil little plan!

Someday in the near future, when computer's will think on their own then one has to question this. Other then that, you could say we been there and now doing it again!

Origin's of Whom? Why does there need to be an answer? Would it make a difference anyway? No! There will alway's be someone else to say something different anyway.

Here's one for you. Let's say Noha did build the boat as God told him. Are you Sure we are not still On the Boat? In question is the fact that if I took every living thing Both sexes and add "Living" would not the plant's and sea life also be included?

So either you have DNA of everything or you have a Planet to hold everything plus food! Origin is one question that will have no answer nor matter.

I just find the idea of the computer interesting since if they become AI/consciusness themselves, who would be Their God?

Now the plot thickin's.....................................................

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I have always wonder about the chapter of Ezekiel! It do not fit the book somehow, something left in for whatever reason to have the mind wonder WTH?

And some chapter's the Church has hidden from us; alot of good book's stored in their underground chambers, what I've heard though. Just concider what was burned before going to a dark place for no man to ever see.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's a very strange thing, in my eyes, that Jesus' personal journal has never been revealed to the public. I'm not sure if there is public knowledge of such a journal even existing. So everyone else thought it was important to write down what he said and did, but he didn't bother writing anything himself? Not even to preserve his message in his own words? That seems highly unlikely. So where is it, and why is it being kept hidden?

Anyway, back to the subject.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Snarl

I am reminded of something I heard once:

An ant is walking along through the grass one day, when it happens to encounter a stretch of asphalt. Not recognizing what asphalt is, it hesitantly steps forward to explore. Before it can even to begin drawing conclusions about this anomaly, a car rushes by and a gust of wind tosses the ant. The ant reflects momentarily and returns to the nest, never knowing anything more about the asphalt or it's purpose ...

Heard something long ago:

Their was a deer that wanted to cross the road and one day he did. While crossing the road he had a thought and Died!

Heard this one from a Pack-a-stain-en!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join