It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God was nothing more then Just a Computer?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Actually if Satan existed, that would shed some light on this

I look at it this way. Man blame's everything on Him so in a way He should win in Default!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

infoseeker26754

AbleEndangered
reply to post by spartacus699

Its all fun & games til someone turns on the god mode cheat!!

Somehow I think the mode just turned off in this World and no more cheating! You can either enjoy life or life will do it for you. Some do not like this!

Life is what happens when you least expect it--or when you are too busy to notice its happening as you are attempting to seek the life you are planning for; the other one you are destined for is usurping it/or waylaying your carefully wrought plans? Life will conquer that is for sure, whether you like it or not, as you say better just appreciate it enough to enjoy the ride.

I have tried the being happy when I an sad, sad while I'm happy and come to find out it does not matter anyway.

I've come to like the back seat of my boat flowing down the river of life. Hit a rock or 2, I find that the rock was only bringing something to my attention!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
infoseeker26754

infoseeker
The Church took this one understanding away from man! Using Hell as some fear base idea of lost hope.
I can't say anything about this in your Life, I just KNOW when I am doing something wrong, period! And if I can not try do do something myself. Why would I need a God to do it for me?

Fear based ideology is one of organized religions tricks, and it worked for those uneducated minions of lore and history. No more. You do not need a 'god aspect' to tell you your moral duty or responsibility to Formost-- self, nieghbors, or loved ones. This is what I find interesting. If one were to agree that we are god aspect each of us enabled to define who or what it encompasses, out of 6 billion different souls living on this planet you would think IT would/could get some idea of itself that would satisfy its curiousity. NOPE, its still hungry for some kind of answer regarding itself, a greedy meglomaniac? I suppose, maybe just an insufferable "bite me" type of god.
edit on 27-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Without choice, you are nothing but a slave. Free Will somehow is bound by Fate. Fate is a strange term.

Say in 20 yrs from now, you will die from drinking. Today you are given a choice not to drink, so you stop. Or somebody tell's you that you drive like a moron, you listen and instead of die-ing you crash the car only.

Who changed the plans?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

That's the idea really? Even if there was I God. Would it matter? It's not like He's gonna come down and speak to me! I have enought voices in my head that take care of this!

Each and everyone of them have something to say. Every now and then some go away; stating their point and that's it. When I started to actually listen to what they had to say, I feel better!

Every emoition has a voice inside your head, I created them so must accept them as a part of me. I just hate it when their right! Now I'm use to it

God is God and it is the I do not care, I do not know, it just don't matter. It's not like God has a 911 # anyway, some think He does!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

Without choice, you are nothing but a slave. Free Will somehow is bound by Fate. Fate is a strange term.
Say in 20 yrs from now, you will die from drinking. Today you are given a choice not to drink, so you stop. Or somebody tell's you that you drive like a moron, you listen and instead of die-ing you crash the car only. Who changed the plans?

Free will is bound by fate because Karma became a major player. What you did in a past life you have to redeem or experience as the victim becomes you the purpetrator. I dont think Lucifer grasped this conundrum in giving the human 'freewill' this may have been collateral damage unexpected. You must realize none of this may be true as to 3d reality, it was an idea that manifested from the higher to the lower and in so doing had some qerks, or flaws in translation, (oh I did not anticipate the Karma rotation at ALL). Its all an experiment and we are the lab rats. Fate is part of the Karma wheel is all, you just do not remember as a stone (Days of wine and roses) drunk in this life you were a te-totaling Babtist minister in your prior one (BALANCE) in order to get your soul to progress.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

That's the idea really? Even if there was I God. Would it matter? It's not like He's gonna come down and speak to me! I have enought voices in my head that take care of this!
Each and everyone of them have something to say. Every now and then some go away; stating their point and that's it. When I started to actually listen to what they had to say, I feel better! Every emoition has a voice inside your head, I created them so must accept them as a part of me. I just hate it when their right! Now I'm use to it

God is God and it is the I do not care, I do not know, it just don't matter. It's not like God has a 911 # anyway, some think He does!

There is no 911-GODs, you will get a recording; "If youd like to make a call please dial again". Those folks that are talking to you are you, your higher selves. You actually have a 'posse' that is trying to guide you (keep you out of unnecessary rough patches--they have already as YOU accomplished the trench warfare you have no need in re-experiencing). Listen to them, there may be as many as however many lives youve lived, they will drop out and some come forward, they are all YOU as your soul is combined by/with your past lives lived. They all exist, as you compartmentalized as a single being you have recorded soul aspects living now (just in a higher dimension). I would imagine they fight with each other, and so the whole idea of family relationships we have here on Earth; this was part of the planning for the human in the first place, a prototype so to speak, what else could we in the planning base it (family structure) upon?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

Actually if Satan existed, that would shed some light on this
I look at it this way. Man blame's everything on Him so in a way He should win in Default!

Satan is a convienent scapegoat. Im not sure Ive ever met it; I think its a contrived Fear Factor to scare the human senseless by those that write false scripture. Satan wins by default if it was ever HUMAN. Nah--just an idea that can be manifested by those idiots dreaming it into being will do so, not Satan specifically but definately demons that say they are its foot soldiers (NOT). DeBunked.

"As you traverse the Absolutum you will continually go back and back (as forward motion to remember yourselves) yet never reach the point of creation, its a necessary goal that is unattainable, fruitless in endeavour, yet noble in the quest" Origin September 29 2013.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

infoseeker26754

That was to be our job until, "something" had to interfere with the plan. Some would use names like Satan, Alien's, and other excuses to miss lead us into think this way. Reason's Unknown.

The big bad boomerang was Lucifer giving us/the human 'Free Will'; totally against the rules (did not consult anyone) as in (in its mind was necessary to keep us from being slaves), and in so doing was 'cast out of heaven as a fallen angel'.

So, would it be accurate, in the context of this thread, to describe Lucifer as a hacker? Absolutely fascinating analogy!

Why risk everything to help the human, well he saw potencial growth somewhere, if it equated to strife, or obsolescence so be it; it took that chance. I would have too to give the human freedom of choice.

I guess that's what makes life interesting. Not so sure I would take that 'risk' because it wasn't something of 'mine' to risk in the first place. One begins to wonder and feel ever so much smaller.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
infoseeker26754

infoseeker
The Church took this one understanding away from man! Using Hell as some fear base idea of lost hope.
I can't say anything about this in your Life, I just KNOW when I am doing something wrong, period! And if I can not try do do something myself. Why would I need a God to do it for me?

Fear based ideology is one of organized religions tricks,

"one of" ... such a telling condemnation. Would you mind starting a thread on this topic? I would like to know more.

Why am I having such a darned hard time getting these threads to properly quote what I am referencing?? Aishh!!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I really wanna get *root* on that computer LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Snarl

vethumanbeing

infoseeker26754

That was to be our job until, "something" had to interfere with the plan. Some would use names like Satan, Alien's, and other excuses to miss lead us into think this way. Reason's Unknown.

The big bad boomerang was Lucifer giving us/the human 'Free Will'; totally against the rules (did not consult anyone) as in (in its mind was necessary to keep us from being slaves), and in so doing was 'cast out of heaven as a fallen angel'.

So, would it be accurate, in the context of this thread, to describe Lucifer as a hacker? Absolutely fascinating analogy!

Why risk everything to help the human, well he saw potencial growth somewhere, if it equated to strife, or obsolescence so be it; it took that chance. I would have too to give the human freedom of choice.

I guess that's what makes life interesting. Not so sure I would take that 'risk' because it wasn't something of 'mine' to risk in the first place. One begins to wonder and feel ever so much smaller.

I would call Lucifer the ultimate hacker in so being it re-arranged (by default) a negotiated agreement/ as in without telling anyone took it upon itself to make an amendment to the DESIGN of how humans related to its environment, slaves not an option. It did so without scrutiny, as in (coded some binaries into the stream no one caught). Lucifer is no dummy, and is actually a friend of/to mankind. Its unfortunate It is portrayed as the demon/satan/devil, but there you are regarding religious supplication and determination to condem the truly rightious. Lucifer=Enlightenment why is this not understood (it is one of the Good Guys). As far as risk was concerned, Lucifer was one of the major designers (think of Tesla being usurped by Edison AC/DC) or being given a savings bond worth 10 dollars if you invented a simulated process to produce rubies or 'Zircon' diamonds by Monsanto Corp. or BASF or Brunswick (they do not just make pool tables and bowling alley components) or "3M" steals your stickyback formulation for memo pads. Point being? Come uppance. There does exist a universal hammer scale that will balance all equations whether one likes it or not.
edit on 28-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is what you call metaphysics for dummies.

Infinite regression, anyone? If a physical computer created the world, who created the physical computer?

This concept is useless as it doesn't mean a damn thing. It keeps us in a infinite loop without providing a metaphysical anchor.

When we say God, we're basically saying something - or everything - beyond existence, yet within existence, is responsible for existence and all it's happenings. This concept is irreducible. It is necessarily paradoxical - beyond logic.

The only sane metaphysics is one which doesn't worry about contradiction.
edit on 27-9-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Astrocyte

This concept is useless as it doesn't mean a damn thing. It keeps us in a infinite loop without providing a metaphysical anchor.

When we say God, we're basically saying something - or everything - beyond existence, yet within existence, is responsible for existence and all it's happenings. This concept is irreducible. It is necessarily paradoxical - beyond logic.

I like this part of your contribution. It puts God beyond the confines of religion's "Alpha and Omega" ... Alpha and Omega being our own metaphysical anchor in this, our own/current reality.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Snarl

vethumanbeing
infoseeker26754

infoseeker

"one of" ... such a telling condemnation. Would you mind starting a thread on this topic? I would like to know more.

Why am I having such a darned hard time getting these threads to properly quote what I am referencing?? Aishh!!

Seriously? Faith Religion and Theology is my home town, and this is where that potencial thread will land. If you dont hear from me I will have been buried by Bedouins up to my neck in sand waiting for dehydration or the ants to infiltrate my occulars and nasal cavities (telling me its going to be allright--your maker awaits).

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

Snarl

vethumanbeing

infoseeker26754

I would call Lucifer the ultimate hacker in so being it re-arranged (by default) a negotiated agreement/ as in without telling anyone took it upon itself to make an amendment to the DESIGN of how humans related to its environment, slaves not an option. It did so without scrutiny, as in (coded some binaries into the stream no one caught). Lucifer is no dummy, and is actually a friend of/to mankind. Its unfortunate It is portrayed as the demon/satan/devil, but there you are regarding religious supplication and determination to condem the truly rightious. Lucifer=Enlightenment why is this not understood (it is one of the Good Guys). As far as risk was concerned, Lucifer was one of the major designers (think of Tesla being usurped by Edison AC/DC) or being given a savings bond worth 10 dollars if you invented a simulated process to produce rubies or 'Zircon' diamonds by Monsanto Corp. or BASF or Brunswick (they do not just make pool tables and bowling alley components) or "3M" steals your stickyback formulation for memo pads. Point being? Come uppance. There does exist a universal hammer scale that will balance all equations whether one likes it or not.
edit on 28-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Another interesting response. Thank you.

I've yet to define the 'universal hammer scale' ... it seems we keep coming back around as a species ... and I like your insect analogy in a previous reply. Sticking to the context of the thread: Do you consider the balance of all equations to be the delete key or the power button?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

Snarl

vethumanbeing
infoseeker26754

infoseeker

Seriously?

Yes ... seriously. I haven't taken the time to look through all of your previous contributions on this site, but your flag count would indicate you haven't started many threads. If you do, send me a U2U so I don't miss the ride. I haven't been a member of this site for very long and haven't figured out my way around entirely.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Astrocyte
This is what you call metaphysics for dummies.

Infinite regression, anyone? If a physical computer created the world, who created the physical computer?
This concept is useless as it doesn't mean a damn thing. It keeps us in a infinite loop without providing a metaphysical anchor. When we say God, we're basically saying something - or everything - beyond existence, yet within existence, is responsible for existence and all it's happenings. This concept is irreducible. It is necessarily paradoxical - beyond logic.
The only sane metaphysics is one which doesn't worry about contradiction.

I think it was just a posit, or example, a computer as god as in satan as a teddy bear. No correlation just a jibe or actionary verbal commitment to stimulate thought. There will always be the question, as determined this created that then something else must have created it. Not if you understand Absolute Unbounded Oneness. It is a field of energy that contains us all and needs no description/identity; it exists and we describe it. What makes this so difficult to understand? YOUR EGOCENTRIC SELVES that separate yourself from the whole on purpose, (cartoon banana peel slip).

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Look, in the 2013, with all of the technology we have, if someone chooses to perceive the Creator as a computer, who am I to judge? I guess my only question is how to account for intrinsic things like emotion? I mean, I suppose a code is a code but it seems a cold way to produce a warm or passionate phenomenon, which so often drives our actions.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

schuyler
Isaac Asimov postulated this long ago in The Last Question where the computer, in some sort of transuniverse, pondered how to start things up and ultimately came to the conclusion that it ought to be,

"Let there be light."

Great story. Great, great writer.

And like other great stories - great kernels of truth therein.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join