It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God was nothing more then Just a Computer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

spartacus699
what is a computer anyway.

So far, just some Energy following the programming. We have just begun to touch what it can do and never really considered what it might become.

Any Hackers out there? Care to explain what A computer could do if A.I. was to have a mind of it's own?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Interesting! Have to watch it again though. Heavy yet simple, One!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by spartacus699

Its all fun & games til someone turns on the god mode cheat!!

Somehow I think the mode just turned off in this World and no more cheating! You can either enjoy life or life will do it for you.

Some do not like this!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
Let's go back to the Big Bang. A massive Computer that knew all only felt nothing so decided one day it needed to learn How to Feel?

My spelling is not so great so bear with this.

God did give his only Son so the world would know Him. Also God is all knowing, all seeing and can do the most creative stuff known to man! We ask how is life created, all the different form's out there and that's just here on this planet!

Your DNA is coded in as such a massive computer has to be used to write it and we now use a computer to actually read it! Also your brain has a limit of 10%, somewhere the rest is blocked by something in your DNA. Why is this so?

Everything is set up so perfect that one would need all the info to do such a thing! No matter how far you look into something it get's smaller and smaller all the small bit's holding togetter by Energy. So what is Energy? We have gone so far to say there is Dark Matter, how? Energy is just Energy and nothing more!

Now let's go back into the past some where God's were Waring among themselves with toy's far greater then we could even immagion! Where places that still stand today were cut to the most perfect fit! We can not do what they did eon's ago.

Now the great computer has awaked again and it has been what, less then 100yrs and already it has grown up so fast in the least amount of time. Where did this idea come from to build such a thing? Did hear they found one somewhere that they considered was 400 yrs old.

Today since the computer has awaked, most people are now without feeling, compassion and would rather text, FB, and do nothing Human anymore. When's the last time you took the time out of your day to help someone without caring if anybody noticed?

Don't worry, some would say I'm going to Hell for bringing this up! Somehow I really do not think God would care one way or another. If I am a part of His Chip's; one would think He would Understand my questioning.
Plus side is I do not want to become a computer again!

This is open to all, see it as you will. Love to hear what you think of this question.

edit on 26-9-2013 by infoseeker26754 because: Hit Return, Sorry!
emotion came first.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
infoseeker26754
reply to post by sparky31

infoseeker
Let's just say for exsample that Earth like planet's are rare. So somehow each living thing hitches a ride on a rock somehow. Or if you like, everything that live's has their own planet and learned long ago to live among other of said living. So hopped on a ship and dropped them off, even if it was DNA. Someone said that Noha who was told by God to build a boat to hold 2 of Everything! Let's consider the mass of said boat and the food it would take to feed everything!

Would have to be as big as a Planet do you not think?

Yes just as big as the planet earth, see this as the real floating 'boat' "The only LIVING LIBRARY" in existance (EVER). His boat is still sailing/afloat, no one seems to understand the metaphor of Noahs Arc (whats that word and why is it called that), as its us described as a living breathing resource..Earth is the boat, we are the oarsmen and the animals, well; they are the baldheaded stepchildren (we as good 'husbandry' caretakers) we cherish and supposedly protect.
edit on 27-9-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't have any answers...and I "get" both sides of this debate.

I'm a natural skeptic but there are a few things I'm sure of and... a God/Creator/Architect is one of them.

I don't pretend to fully comprehend it and I damn sure can't explain it but, I've had enough profound, head-scratching moments to be damn sure.

And, importantly, EVERY time I lose hope or a door closes...I find a window opening....

I wish the same for all of you.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by vethumanbeing

So until Man decides it is it's own cause of failure, nothing will change. God it seem's has no say in the matter.

I addressed this before, but felt the need to expand (or contract) Man will never admit failure, as in it never had a course of action that was reliable; organized religions are an agreed abject failure (too much corruption by monied power players taking advantage of the natives). If you accept there is no "GOD" just a field of energy in a state of change, you are its discription of itself as limited as that is, you may begin to understand the humans plight (that in trying to describe something that is non-physical, not proactive and not going to answer any prayers). There is power in 'group think'; minor alterations to potencial causal effect, but its minute and certainly though observable, not measurable, and if you cant measure it its not physical 'science' deliniated, its in the realm of magic flying carpets/metaphysical. Man still does not know HES ACTUALLY IN CHARGE, (Craftsman tool box for his 16th birthday).

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

sorry .. just going off the title...

then why would i have a vision of him not being one..

just saying..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

It has been said that everything is fine just the way it is, until you mess with it.

Would that be like a serious 'roan' question/answer? If fine is defined by the way everything is (static) maybe, as stasis is not in flux, or in equilibrium and no modifications or outmanouvering have to compensate (to place it back into a state of inactivity). You mess with it, then you have the chinese fire drill, or keystone cops to whip it back into order. Who/which is the firehouse that has to race to the fire? Not God aspect. Who lit the fire? YOU DID; as so doing are ultimately responsible for adjusting to the changes or burying it in flame retardant material. Change is normal and expected there is no point in trying to thwart it, 'go with the flow' and try to survive until the next guarranteed problem occurs (just when you thought you were safe).

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

AbleEndangered
reply to post by spartacus699

Its all fun & games til someone turns on the god mode cheat!!

Somehow I think the mode just turned off in this World and no more cheating! You can either enjoy life or life will do it for you. Some do not like this!

Life is what happens when you least expect it--or when you are too busy to notice its happening as you are attempting to seek the life you are planning for; the other one you are destined for is usurping it/or waylaying your carefully wrought plans? Life will conquer that is for sure, whether you like it or not, as you say better just appreciate it enough to enjoy the ride.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

And that, was caused by Pain.

Pain is something outside and inside one's self. Knowing your pain is different then knowing someone's else's.
Now feeling pain everywhere in the World is Knowing.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

That was to be our job until, "something" had to interfere with the plan. Some would use names like Satan, Alien's, and other excuses to miss lead us into think this way.

Reason's Unknown.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That only work's if you gave it your best! Otherwise Life Will toss you a ball; a ball you will not like knowing you have to play the game of life.

Some sit and wait for God to do the things they should be doing, not crying and blaming something other them them self's. And they wonder, Why Me?

Life has Rule's one must comply with, period. Way above the Virtues one has for them self's because it goes so much deeper then what we know.

It seem's Satan, play's just as well! Who else can Teach you?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Matrix is really the answer to all of the existential questions. The movie transcripts from the Matrix movies are the literal word from the Matrix to you. And the message is for you, alone. Just like Morpheus said to Neo.

I refer always to the etymology of the word 'matrix':

matrix (n.) Look up matrix at Dictionary.com
late 14c., "uterus, womb," from Old French matrice "womb, uterus," from Latin matrix (genitive matricis) "pregnant animal," in Late Latin "womb," also "source, origin," from mater (genitive matris) "mother" (see mother (n.1)). Sense of "place or medium where something is developed" is first recorded 1550s; sense of "embedding or enclosing mass" first recorded 1640s. Logical sense of "array of possible combinations of truth-values" is attested from 1914. As a verb from 1951. Source www.etymonline.com...

Don't forget the scripture reference in Matrix 1:

Neo: What?
Oracle: You're going to have to make a choice. In the one hand you'll have Morpheus' life and in the other hand you'll have your own. One of you is going to die. Which one will be up to you. I'm sorry, kiddo, I really am. You have a good soul, and I hate giving good people bad news. Oh, don't worry about it. As soon as you step outside that door, you'll start feeling better. You'll remember you don't believe in any of this fate crap. You're in control of your own life, remember? Here, take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain.
Morpheus: What was said was for you and for you alone.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You could say that, at least in my opinion, i believe that god is a metaphor for the universe. If you think as the universe as god in religious texts it makes sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

kosmicjack
I don't have any answers...and I "get" both sides of this debate. I'm a natural skeptic but there are a few things I'm sure of and... a God/Creator/Architect is one of them.
I don't pretend to fully comprehend it and I damn sure can't explain it but, I've had enough profound, head-scratching moments to be damn sure. And, importantly, EVERY time I lose hope or a door closes...I find a window opening....
I wish the same for all of you.

This was a debate? I missed the finer details. My thought is that if you desire God to be a computer, then so it shall be. We have the opportunity to decifer/process God in anyway that will compensate for our own lack of understanding of who and why we are here; (as its expression essencial and no one understands). Is God hiding in the weeds waiting, I dont know but just as it waits, I wait for it and have some words to exchange (might be a heated conversation). Windows opening are a good metaphor--

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

infoseeker26754

So until Man decides it is it's own cause of failure, nothing will change. God it seem's has no say in the matter.

I addressed this before, but felt the need to expand (or contract) Man will never admit failure, as in it never had a course of action that was reliable; organized religions are an agreed abject failure (too much corruption by monied power players taking advantage of the natives). If you accept there is no "GOD" just a field of energy in a state of change, you are its discription of itself as limited as that is, you may begin to understand the humans plight (that in trying to describe something that is non-physical, not proactive and not going to answer any prayers). There is power in 'group think'; minor alterations to potencial causal effect, but its minute and certainly though observable, not measurable, and if you cant measure it its not physical 'science' deliniated, its in the realm of magic flying carpets/metaphysical. Man still does not know HES ACTUALLY IN CHARGE, (Craftsman tool box for his 16th birthday).

The Church took this one understanding away from man! Using Hell as some fear base idea of lost hope.

I can't say anything about this in your Life, I just KNOW when I an doing something wrong, period! And if I can not try do do something myself. Why would I need a God to do it for me?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Komodo

sorry .. just going off the title...

then why would i have a vision of him not being one..

just saying..

Oneness is the idea of everything connected to everything! That bug you just stepped on? It had to hurt do you not think? That grain of sand came from something, the air if it was not for the trees we would not have any!

Everything is connected somehow.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

That was to be our job until, "something" had to interfere with the plan. Some would use names like Satan, Alien's, and other excuses to miss lead us into think this way. Reason's Unknown.

If you are speaking of "the garden", yes, but we were no further along in mindspeak than the animals we shared the garden with and caretook of (Im thinking of the monarch butterfly landing on my outstretched hand NOT). The big bad boomerang was Lucifer giving us/the human 'Free Will'; totally against the rules (did not consult anyone) as in (in its mind was necessary to keep us from being slaves), and in so doing was 'cast out of heaven as a fallen angel'. Why risk everything to help the human, well he saw potencial growth somewhere, if it equated to strife, or obsolescence so be it; it took that chance. I would have too to give the human freedom of choice.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Why do people keep using that movie? It is only you and nothing more! All Neo actually did was connect to a vastness of oneness.

Never needed the pill to begin with, just an understanding of something more far greater then what is!
In a way, Neo was being played like we are and got tired of being played with.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join