It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers "Organize a neighborhood Militia NOW"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Tragedies happen everyday, we just don't hear about them all. Only the ones that can somehow be used to sway public opinion and prey on peoples emotions for the purpose of pushing an agenda.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I listened to Stewart on the broadcast... The only thing IMO he was referring to was a national emergency or a Katrina type event where it would be wise to plan ahead and have food and water on hand... Prepare before, not after an event... Of course the dollar crash was brought up and what might follow in a total melt down. He also mentioned some of the lone wolf or pirate preppers who plan on raiding others will not survive. People coming together with different talents is the best possible survival plan but it starts where you live.

Stewart is not a hot headed overthrow the government kinda guy.... But I can see how anyone who does not believe in self reliance would love to take him and the oath keepers down a notch...

The discussion was more about knowing your neighbors and neighborhood, stocking some food and trying to make sensible plans for you and your family... Government erosion of basic rights and the constitution was discussed so I suppose for many that makes him a radical.... No doubt he and his group have their very own file at some alphabet agency .. Who doesn't now? .. They are working with the local Sheriffs and VFW chapters spread throughout the country in a effort to establish coordination and plans in the event of some catastrophic event... All without one dollar of tax payer money...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone12

Lone12 reply to post by txinfidel

oh *giggle* no,outwardly, it makes absolutely No Sense what i said, love you re very right ..let me ask you - you knów that the Tea Party was started by TPTB, right? 'They' always 'start a movement'...which is but Another prisonsuit. kind of like how fashion works - a new style is being created for the kids, promising 'how unique they will be', yet its nothing else but anóther prison. ..in this way, i ment the comment - it sounds all very noble and so, this project ; - but the Viper here, is the NAME ..that name makes very clear, that this project is but another setup of TPTB using genuine concern as the excuse to bring it under their ówn flag ..since 'oath keepers' refers to the Akhu - egyptian pantheon - where Théy derive their power from. hope that helps sorry if its a bit over the top -yet its true. regards,

Thanks for that, but besides the Egyptian pantheon, these are people who took an oath to the constitution and stand by it.

Thanks for playing.
edit on 12-9-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

muse7
All it takes is one wingnut from one of these "militias" to snap and we could have a very big tragedy on our hands.

We have wingnuts from every spectrum doing things all the time. We get told time and time again that one person is not representative of the whole.

That would still apply, wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

howmuch4another

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by misskat1

Yes please do this with all urgency. We need paranoid white people with guns grouping up. When the end of the world doesn't materialize like you thought, we need some pot holes filled and some rubbish collected.

Ignorance on display....yay

Have you ever seen a mob? You wouldn't care one bit about a militia's skin color if you had.

the last mob I saw ransacking a store was all one color and it wasn't white.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You mean average people are able to be armed? Wow, I've never heard of that before. It's not like we have a second amendment or anything.

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Yes please do this with all urgency. We need paranoid white people with guns grouping up. When the end of the world doesn't materialize like you thought, we need some pot holes filled and some rubbish collected.

Why do you have to insist on buying into the stereotype forced on you by those who want to force you to legitimize your existence. You have a choice you know, and I'm afraid you are making a sloppy choice in this matter.

Oath Keepers is NOT racist. Oath Keepers believes every man is born free. They are not paranoid, they are simply prepared. Your animosity is coming from fear; go to an Oath Keepers meeting. You will see not only "white people", you will see responsible caring INDIVIDUALS of all creeds and backgrounds. Stop placing people into collectives.

Trust but verify right?

Fine, trust those who have no friends because they slander group after group after group after group, but at least verify for yourself, in person, what kind of individuals they are. You might find you've been lied to.

And to the internet Rambo whack birds:

Don't go to an Oath Keeper's meeting thinking you will be welcomed if you spout off a bunch of non sense about wanting orders in some sort of coming revolts. Oath Keepers meetings are about more response types than just fighting a gestapo. The vast majority is using the Oath Keepers to do rescue work of all kinds. From providing immediate ON HANDS support to local families dealing with natural crisis's like tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, and floods.

Militias used to mean good men and women, in each neighborhood, that voluntarily offered to be on a crisis management team. They were there to truly serve the people, made up of the people. They also had other jobs. They had little to no incentive to do anything other than serve the people. And I got news for you, Oath Keepers is just that. If you go to some kind of "organized militia" meeting and their spiel is all about government collapse and martial law, LEAVE. That is not what a militia is, though it is certainly the commonly publicized stereotype; that I won't argue.

Until you see for yourself, you are ignorant regarding the matter.

To quote Ben Harper:

Before you knock it,
Try it first,
You will see it's a blessing and not a curse.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

beezzer

muse7
All it takes is one wingnut from one of these "militias" to snap and we could have a very big tragedy on our hands.

We have wingnuts from every spectrum doing things all the time. We get told time and time again that one person is not representative of the whole.

That would still apply, wouldn't it?

Also, to continue the astute reply to the original comment:

Your fear of a wingnut militia is only more of a reason to volunteer in your own neighborhoods civilian crisis management group. Join a group, help mold it and give it its values. What are you so afraid of, or is it laziness? Don't join a group because you fear tyranny, volunteer because you have the freedom to help your neighbors. When you work side by side with these peoples over the years rehanging dry wall, delivering food, and even offering space in your house to your calamity affected neighbors while they get things back in order, you get to know them. They are not strangers. They are not paranoid. They are loving people who give; and too many people besmirch the good that they do. Liberty requires a responsible people; it's not optional. Helping your neighbors yourself is the responsible thing to do; so start doing it. If you want to always leave it up to your big brother, instead of stepping up and doing it yourself, well, I guess keep doing what you are doing; how's that working out for you?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
reply to post by MrSpad

Is it wrong for me to wish people like you didn't exist. I swear it's this mentality of governments do no wrong with an excuse ready for every action they make that prevents people collectively from evolving....

You know what, it is wrong and I don't hate that you exist. I only wish that everyone was capable of seeing the fallacy that is our culture, our government and our way of life.

edit on 12-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

Well, what do you expect from someone that has over 2,000 posts and zero flags?
I wonder if he gets health care benefits being a paid shill?
Oh wait, he does it for free?
edit on 13-9-2013 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
out of all the good info that could of came out of this post the race card got pulled and it turned into that.....

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

As much as I could be offended, I could not because I was dealing with Mountain Dew coming out of my nose. That was hilarious.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

CB328

its no joke and good people protecting and fighting for or constitution. S&F!

Tell me did they fight for the constitution when Bush and Cheney were raping it?

If not they can go to hell. The last thing this country needs is more militias. Conservatives need to make something useful of themselves so they won't feel so alienated from society and want to shoot everyone.

You have no idea who the oath keepers are...do you? It was created for soldiers, police officers or anybody that takes the Oath of Office or oath to protect the constitution, seriously. It isn't a right-wring group, it is a pro-Constitution group. Google the founder of Oath Keepers, Steward Rhodes and learn.

Stop trying to turn this into some righteous battle between left vs right. Obama is a POS, we all know it, and so was Bush. You can take your fight to the neocons, which are far a few between here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

Please try not to shoot the messenger - too much of that and not enough debate makes for a very dull site.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Has to be asked...

What happens when one community of Oathkeepers disagrees with another communities Oathkeepers?

I ask because I have seen enough of human nature in my almost 50 years walking this Earth to know divisions happen when it comes to humans. We have seen it in this very country's history. There will be those who gain power over men who will seek more, be it for coveting resources to simply having more control for controls sake.

I am skeptical of the Oathkeepers and I do like the idea behind it but when you add humans into the mix that is where the idea starts to strain at the rails and I can easily see, if society breaks down, a scenario not unlike what we see in other areas of the world where clans and tribes fight each other over the simplest of things.

The Constitution is a framework not step by step instructions on how to run a nation which leaves things up to interpretation. Just look at the Bible for instance and see how that is working out when it comes to interpretation. For every person there is a unique way of looking at it. Same with the Constitution.

So what happens if I am part of one set of patriots that disagrees with another set that is set up across town?

To sit and say that all will be well because the Oathkeepers say so is a folly and should be left to chidhood daydreaming. It could even be possible that if militias take over it would be filled with more bloodshed... fellow American bloodshed than the mess we have now. Where is the light at the end of that tunnel?

I don't have answers, just questions.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

what do white people have to do with this? Last time I checked EVERYONE was pissed at the way things are right now. Even racists!

Get down from that horse, pick up that trash and fix those pot holes just like the rest of us.

the world needs less morons like you and more people like the OP is talking about
edit on 13-9-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

An Island of sanity in an ocean of madness.....

And to all those who are offended by the use of 'white people'..........hes right, you don't see many ethnic groups create such paranoid and narcissistic folk

edit on 13-9-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Why the need of progressives to group anyone based on ethnicity is beyond me.

Then again, some of us don't judge people based on skin colour.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
let's see...America was going to end as we know it when the year 2000 rolled around, due to the 2-digit computer date code problem. then, WW3 was going to happen from 9/11, next, the national collapse was going to happen because of the economic disaster of 2008, then Obama got elected and the next civil war was going to start. next, the teaparty promised to bring down the government in 2011 by reneging on our debt payments, then, of course 12/21/12 was going to be the end of the world....and now this year?...more paranoia.....anyone see a pattern here?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Prezbo369

InverseLookingGlass

An Island of sanity in an ocean of madness.....

And to all those who are offended by the use of 'white people'..........hes right, you don't see many ethnic groups create such paranoid and narcissistic folk

edit on 13-9-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

From what I know about the Oath Keepers every race is included..... No discrimination with regards to race only what one carries in their heart and mind.

From what I know about the New Black Panther Party that is certainly not in their bi-laws (no discrimination) and I am still trying to figure out their mission other than voter intimidation. Maybe if a SHTF scenario happens and one of these horrible oath keepers saves your bacon you will have a change of heart.....yea I know probably not

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I joined Oath Keepers back in 2005. Their message and mission statement of not carrying out an illegal order from the government during a national emergency or otherwise made a lot of sense to me. As a paramedic and firefighter I will not give aid to those that disobey the Constitution. As others have mentioned, Oath Keepers is primarily composed of military and police that have sworn not to turn a weapon against their own countrymen. We can no longer trust our bloated government, but its the folks on the frontline who carry out orders. If illegal orders do not get carried out the powers that be are powerless.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join