It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers "Organize a neighborhood Militia NOW"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion as I was really very pretty clear that I do not think that the leadership of Oath Keepers are a bunch of racists and in fact, I shot down an even more inflammatory article about them in Crooks and Liars. Southern Poverty Law would've lumped them into the "white supremacist Patriot group", which I did not and found evidence to the contrary. Mother Jones was a little more fair and reported what Rhodes has said on the issue, himself, but I even knocked the fear mongering tones of that article. So please, I really am confused how you could consider that I would work for either of those entities in my assessment of the Oath Keepers. Where did I get my information? By reading a variety of points of view including negative, fact checking areas of clear bias, and, most notably, by looking at the Oath Keepers, themselves, through their own website and Rhodes' own blog.

Try reading for a change.

*Actually, I'm going to go one step further since maybe you missed a key point. A number of the Patriot type of groups end up getting labeled as being "white supremacists upset because of a black president". I heavily suspect that the reason why this is done is to basically safely compartmentalize what may actually be the beef of a Patriot group (generally, the erosion of civil liberties which has been occurring at a faster speed since 9/11). By funneling what they represent under the banner of simply being racist, it basically ostracizes those groups from the general public for fear of social recrimination and being labeled a "racist". Face it, very few people like that. The highly generalized label most likely serves to keep information flow to as much of a minimum because of the above. Do some of these groups contain racists? Sure, but you can also find a few racists in your local church and it doesn't make your church a white supremacy church. Are some of them truly racist? I know that there are a few militia groups that are strongly affiliated with white supremacy groups so yeah, they do exist. Are all patriot groups racist? Absolutely not. That clear enough for you?
edit on 16/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: added the * portion for additional clarity

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

What a load of racist crap. You obviously have no idea who the Oath Keepers are.
THEY aren't racist .... and they are very well trained patriots.

How do you know they are well trained and patriotic? Each and everyone of them?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
A neighborhood militia sounds like a great idea, just use it for defense of the local community only.

There are forces set in motion within our country that neither you or I will be able to stop.

Do not pick a side, because they are both wrong.

Most importantly, do not give in to hate. If you believe in God, stay true to his teachings. If you do not, don't lose sight of what you consider rational and human.

Stock up on food, medicine and supplies, talk safety with your family, be friendly and help out your neighbors should they need assistance.

Be ready to move out of harms way should you need to.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

signalfire
Seems like the thread derailers are getting more and more out of hand lately on ATS. I hope the mods are paying attention...there's quite a few people very active lately that seem to be here just to cause trouble rather than add to the discussions.

Agreed .... Trolls and what seems like bored obnoxious teenagers who live in their parents basements and won't go out and get a job. Usually those kinds of posts spike in the summer but drop off in the fall when they go back to school. But for some reason their numbers are still high. Odd.

I can't believe there are people on here actually whining about the Oath Keepers. They are a fine organization. It's made up of nearly all former military and first responders. They care about the USA and about the Constitution. If they didn't, then they wouldn't have risked their lives in the US military and/or they wouldn't have been first responders to help people.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A neighborhood militia, just sounds scary to me. That means its not a neighborhood watch. Neighborhood watch is people being on the look out and calling the cops if something is up. Milita is armed people taking action!

I dont want idiots pulling out guns and possibly firing a round off in some little kid, becuase they play hide and seek in the dark. Yes that could happen. So leave the guns inside the house, and call the friggen cops.

When they start putting martial law into effect, then pull them out and arm yourselves.

Just to touch on the racist douchbags comment, get a life dude. You are whats wrong with the country!

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you seen the amount of raping going on in the military lately? I am not sure what about being ex military magically makes you a law abiding, patriotic, altruistic, saint.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I was more less referring to your remarks about mr dyer.

The rest I don't see much to be disagreeable about.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

1104light
reply to post by FlyersFan

Have you seen the amount of raping going on in the military lately? I am not sure what about being ex military magically makes you a law abiding, patriotic, altruistic, saint.

Guns and Jesus, that's all you need in these ***-circles

Wondering if the all the folk in the communities and areas with these militias have any say in the matter? How are those who are against the formation of such private armies protected against it being forced upon them?

How much regulation would be in place to stop the subjugation of those without firearms?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Dyer was found guilty of sexual assault with a minor last I checked and was tried by jury. Jury took 4 hours to decide on the verdict and obviously there was enough compelling evidence to the crime to find him guilty. My point of bringing up Dyer, however, is to point out a hazard within all groups. You can have what seems to be a lot of good people within a group but you never can really tell what goes on with them when no one else is around. I don't hold that as a reflection on the Oath Keepers but a natural hazard of a very large group of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join