It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath Keepers "Organize a neighborhood Militia NOW"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

That is the problem with a lot of society today. People don't talk to their neighbors.
I feel blessed to live where I do. Many older farmers, their children living in homes down the road, a few vets, lots of hunters, ect. And of course, that one grouchy old man that makes everyone crazy!
Your not going to draw much attention, if you already know your neighbors, their skills, and how they feel about what is going on in the world.

We have had a few "discussions" about what we would do to protect our area. But then again, we still have neighborhood pot lucks when a barn is raised.

Yep, I'm damn glad I live where I do. Great people for the most part!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

You make an outstanding point and I share the sentiment to some degree. I'm in a middle class neighborhood of post WW-II boom houses, so it's comfortable but not rich by any stretch. Mostly renters...is the problem. Here one month, gone the next and not much sense in putting too much effort into getting to know folks for the short time...if they cared to know anyone else, to begin with.

Among the homeowners around here though, we all know each other and most have been around to meet at least once at a BBQ or something else. I know a couple of the immediate homes around me well and we have agreements for how to give mutual assistance if it's ever needed.

Let's just say I feel equally prepared for an ice storm or looting. I pity the poor looter who would come onto this street. He'd find one homeowner with a gun and attitude..and perhaps laugh....to suddenly realize the empty houses around..aren't empty anymore and there are others outside, covering the twit in a cross fire.

There is a lot to be said for good old fashioned community cooperation, eh?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The US military with all the technology was unable to defeat a ragtag group of terrorists armed with aged RPG's and Ak-47s in a country with 30million population...i wonder how it can consolidate an armed America with 300million people who know how to use fire arms ....

With a strong and large enough militia, they don't stand a chance...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

misskat1
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

They aren't a bunch of paranoid idiots, they are trained military, national guard, retired police etc.

Um, riiiiiight.

What we need more of are "military" type minds. Oh wait - that's how we got here in the first place.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Is it wrong for me to wish people like you didn't exist. I swear it's this mentality of governments do no wrong with an excuse ready for every action they make that prevents people collectively from evolving....

You know what, it is wrong and I don't hate that you exist. I only wish that everyone was capable of seeing the fallacy that is our culture, our government and our way of life.

edit on 12-9-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, something *is* brewing. I think at this point it is only a matter of time before the pot boils over.

- SN

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's topics like these that remind me of the importance of people owning and maintaining firearms. I appreciate the "Oath Keepers" and genuinely hope they would be able to keep the integrity of the promise being made, instead of becoming leaders for an American version of the "My Lai" massacre.

I think it's also important for all types of people to have a militia, not just ex-military. This is for obvious reasons, as the human condition requires it, no matter the epic promise made prior. History proves that it is in the best interest of many groups to form paranoid militias(especially women). Groups that are historically the first to need protecting are the ones that should be focusing on forming these. Sadly, this is not the case.

Either way, I truly hope that the ones who made these oaths keep them. Even if they are the only ones with a gun and come upon a good looking woman. I hope they keep the oath to all parts of the constitution, instead of just firing blindly for what they believe is probably cause.

edit on 12-9-2013 by OrphanApology because: Spellin

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

misskat1
Has anyone listened to the Sept 8th Coast to Coast Program regarding Oath Keepers??? 2nd Hour. It sounds like an immediate call to Arms. As far as I know Oath Keepers is x military, police, National Guard and Veterans. They are telling everyone to organize a militia in their towns and neighborhoods NOW. I cant figure out how to link, but just search Sept 8th Coast to Coast Defending the Constitution.

I didnt figure out how to search with the new format so I hope this isn't a thread already. Please erase if it is.

It is not a call to arms, TRUST ME.

I know oath keeper leaders and they do not believe in initiating aggression on the government, notice how I used the term "initiate", recommending you to join a local militia merely a pre-caution to have a support group and to build a self-reliant community that just happens to be armed and ready.

I just hope people don't interpret this as an actual CALL-TO-ARMS, which is dangerous.

Remember, talk is talk but the pen is mightier than the sword.
edit on 12-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

No the strings are pulled by the politicians. Last time we had military minds in control was under Presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy. Notice how things have gone down hill since then? Want to live under Baby Bush, who couldn't find his discharge papers, or General Ike? Want LtJG Kennedy or Clinton, or Obama?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

There is nothing wrong with having a "military mindset" as you called it. When it comes to violence and aggression there are typically 3 types of people: Sheep - who lack at least one if not all qualities required for violence which are the desire to, willpower to and ability to commit violence. Wolves who possess at least the desire and willpower to commit violence against the defenseless sheep. Sheep dog who co-exist harmoniously among the sheep and typically lack the desire to commit violence against others and possess the willpower and ability to do what is neccessary in defense of themeselves and their fellow man.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Well worth it. I am a Part of the Oath Keepers in the Kenai Penisula area. its no joke and good people protecting and fighting for or constitution. S&F!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I spoke with a Native American friend today, and his concern, is that if we put our faith in x-military etc, then we have created a police state, his advice, is to keep the vision of the "people's state" and make decisions that will create a peoples state. He is very apprehensive about the younger police officers, fresh out of Iraq patrolling our streets. (Yes, we are all glad they have jobs, no need to argue) These officers are usually not serving in their "hometown" so its easy for them to see us as their enemy.

When I look at what is going on right now, I see massive amounts of people waking up to the reality of our Govts role in a 9/11, Benghazi, and the current Syrian conflict, so on and so forth, etc and etc. and we are fed up. I hate calling our country the US. Because, I don't want to be included in the us that is responsible for soooo many deaths. I know this is a sentiment shared by many, so maybe what we are feeling "brewing" is, dare I say it, civil war?? Is that what the Militia is trying to prepare us for??

Putin is looking like a hero, trying to make peace in the Middle east, yet our country's war drums still beat. Ive seen everything in the news from the Obama fact check speech where he clearly lied, to Lindsay Graham telling us that if we don't bomb Syria, we will have Iran sending nukes in our harbors. On and On the BS goes. They are admitting that this is a proxy war with Iran. Were getting more and more fed up. Maybe the rubber band is about to snap, and the American people are going to put a stop to the death and mayhem????

I decided that Im not going to "join" a militia. But, I will get involved in my neighborhood watch and be as ready I can be, just in case. So, buy your beans and rice.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

its no joke and good people protecting and fighting for or constitution. S&F!

Tell me did they fight for the constitution when Bush and Cheney were raping it?

If not they can go to hell. The last thing this country needs is more militias. Conservatives need to make something useful of themselves so they won't feel so alienated from society and want to shoot everyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Allow me to share that I served in Afghanistan and not because I believed in the war or wanted to kill muslims whom Ive never met. In fact, I thought the war was b.s. the whole time especially after walking amongst the indigineous people. I joined the military so I could go back to school on the gubments dime as I could no longer afford it on my own. I never fired a single shot let alone killed anyone. I fullfiled my end of the contract and now uncle sam is keeping up his end. Not only is my school paid for but I get paid and rather nicely to attend school. So please do not blanket policy anyone who has ever served in the military as tptb lapdogs. Its actually ironic being as I am now paying off all my private/corporate debt with gubment money (that I earned and gave up many liberties for). So if corporations and the gubment are essentially one in the same I geuss I should say the jokes on them and thank you for all the free stuff.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

www.constitution.org...

Read the following, people in New York should print this out and hand it to cops BEFORE the cop says ANYTHING or tries to frisk them....

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

NEVER give your name as it is your private property and may not be surrendered without warrant. If there is no complaint or probable cause for intervention, then you have the right and duty to STOP all policy enforcement actions. Police ARE NOT "Law Enforcement" they are Policy Enforcement. All alleged "Law" is coprorate regualtion, we are not corporate entities.

Gather friends and neighbors and pass this information out, research more and see...

“the government is but an agency to the state,” -- the state being the sovereign people. State v. Chase, 175 Minn, 259, 220 N.W. 951, 953.

Justice Bandeis eloquently affirmed his condemnation of abuses practiced by Government officials, who were defendants, acting as Government officials. In the case of Olmstead vs. U.S. 277 US 438, 48 S.Ct. 564, 575; 72 L ED 944 (1928) he declared:

"Decency, security, and liberty alike demand that Government officials shall be subjected to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the Citizen. In a Government of laws, existence of the Government will be imperiled if it fails to observe the law scrupulously. Our Government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher.

For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the Government becomes a law-breaker, it breads contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself. It invites anarchy. To declare that, in the administration of the law, the end justifies the means would bring a terrible retribution. Against that pernicious doctrine, this Court should resolutely set its face."

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They, Oath Keepers, have been around for over a decade. They have done nothing to help stop the erosion of the constitution or our basic God given rights. Used to be a member but they are all bark and no bite. How many militias have they formed?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Monteriano

Now mind you, this is just a guess, but any real militia may not advertise.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All it takes is one wingnut from one of these "militias" to snap and we could have a very big tragedy on our hands.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You'd like that wouldn't you?

But one must wonder what kind of person it takes to be opposed to personal freedoms, self defense and liberty?

Just what kind of person are you?

Are you a midnight marauder or a government tool?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join