It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
That actually delays the loading of pages.

When I open the site, it appears to load and then the browser window goes blank and at the bottom of the IE window in the lower left hand corner there is an exclamation icon with the text "Done, but with errors on page." Then I click the refresh button next to the address line... that's when it finally loads

The site has been extensively tested on IE8 under Windows XP. While not ideal, everything but uploads has been tested to be functional... including menu links.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit....

However, you should know that you're about two months away from major portions of the Internet dropping support for IE8. Google, Facebook, Amazon.com and many others have made public their plans to stop supporting the browser.

So... you're just ahead of the game?

If you can "see" the emoticons -- which are fonts, not graphics -- then you should have no trouble with the menu.

When I open "My ATS" and browse to "My Posts" , none of the post links work.

I suppose that if those explanations work for you then it's all good... I just figured you would want to know some of the problems that I'm seeing (and I'm sure many others are too).

...never mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I haven't read the post so I don't know if this has been asked.

sometimes I am able to star post more than once.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
emoticons are off center

and the w's are greyed out in words...with, would, wood, whether, wooly
edit on 17-9-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Blarneystoner

Try clicking the timestamp on the right of the list. That's the linked click.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Blarneystoner
Unfortunately no. I'm on a "managed desktop" at the office.

If your browser is critical to your job functions, then you should stress the need for upgrades. Things as mundane and necessary such as Google search returns are likely going to be very problematic for you.

I hear ya man... but Oracle applications compatability is more critical.

...but my post in this thread isn't about my needing to upgrade the browser on my PC. It was posted to let you know about issues with the new upgrade in order to help you improve your site.

Seems you don't need it or want it though... like I said... it's all good... not my site. If you're satisfied with it... who am I to complain?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Blarneystoner
When I open the site, it appears to load and then the browser window goes blank and at the bottom of the IE window in the lower left hand corner there is an exclamation icon with the text "Done, but with errors on page." Then I click the refresh button next to the address line... that's when it finally loads

Using Win7 and IE8, I ran through several pages, and had no trouble with right-clicking the menu...

Also, thread looks (not right but) normal...

So... you're just ahead of the game?

We're still supporting IE8 as much as possible.

That's a different issue which has been addressed.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Blarneystoner

Are there custom plug-ins or other add-ons that might be introducing additional collision with pages like ours?

Do you encounter similar issues on sites like these?
fontawesome.io...
foundation.zurb.com...
gumbyframework.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Using Win7 and IE8, I ran through several pages, and had no trouble with right-clicking the menu...

Yes but it's not treating the menu button like a link otherwise you would see an option to "open in new tab/window"

Right click on one of the social media links and you'll see the difference.

I'm sorry that I'm acting like a whiney brat but I miss the old ATS layout... this new layout is frustrating me...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Blarneystoner

Are there custom plug-ins or other add-ons that might be introducing additional collision with pages like ours?

Do you encounter similar issues on sites like these?
fontawesome.io...
foundation.zurb.com...
gumbyframework.com...

Just checked 'em... no problems. At least not the same type of issues...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Blarneystoner
Yes but it's not treating the menu button like a link otherwise you would see an option to "open in new tab/window"

Ah... I get it now.

Yes, IE8 has issues with anything other than a graphic or plain text inside a link anchor tag. Even though the HTML specifications at the time of IE8 release (2009) supported a number of HTML objects.

It sounds like your IE8 might be in "quirks mode" for a number of reasons. I'll look into a possible fix.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
/* BUG REPORT */
To: ATS_CERT

Date: Today, but yesterday if its tomorrow.

Bug: I forgot a closing italic short-code on the last post of the page and it rendered italic to the page numbers.

Browser: Chrome.

Work-around: Edited the post.

Solution: Close short-code in future.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yup I can star a post more than once actually now I did one three times, but I don't mind.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
When I scroll a page that has a video(s) the video stays in middle of the screen as the rest of the post scrolls by until the post is off the screen.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

stormdancer777
yup I can star a post more than once actually now I did one three times, but I don't mind.

Feel free to use that glitch on any of my posts.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I really am liking the new ATS 5/3. At first everything was waay too big and I had to zoom out twice with ctrl+minus. That is not a problem for me anymore. The original smiley faces were pretty bad, but progress has been made there.

The bug I am seeing is that the color which is supposed to be behind the smiley face appears quite a bit below the actual face. I'll post screenshots. Anyway I think that if it weren't for that the smileys would be quite nice.

For the record I am using Firefox v23 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with screen resolution 1366x768.

And since I am posting a pic of the light version...I really like most of the lighter version, except for the readability of threads. The white text in the mini profiles is almost completely unreadable, and the light grey text in the posts is not as bad but still a strain on the eyes. If the grey background on the mini profile, the border around the post, and the grey text in the post were all darkened a bit more I think the light version would be awesome.

Oh and one more tiny bug since I am here...The chevron button for expanding the menu and the switch from dark to light button both show the mouse pointer as a cursor on mouse hover, rather than the expected finger.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Lol be glad to

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that on the new version of ATS I can't watch any embedded videos at all, either using the mobile site or the desktop site, on my phone (which is a Samsung Galaxy SIII mini).

I can't even open the videos on YouTube by holding down on the embedded video to 'open in new tab' which usually suffices as a workaround if a link isn't working.

Pleeeeeeease fix this problem if possible, as unless the poster has included a separate URL link to the YouTube video, I can't watch anything being shared. Totally ruins my experience of the new ATS.

Thanks, FITO.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Pleeeease bring back alerts on personal messages.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am having a few issues now. I set my screen for the darker choice....but every time I leave the page (never signing out, leaving it open)....I come back, and I am signed out, and put back on the light color scheme. I am not doing this....it's just resetting itself back and signing me out. Then this morning, same thing, only this time I get a pop up saying the site is dangerous and may contain malicious content or something like that...and said I should not continue to the page....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I tend to use the app on my iPad for ATS and find there is no back button to go to the previous thread I was looking at. If I don't use the app I can revert back to it no problem if you see what I mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join