It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The only thing I see thats wrong is this.

I dont know if they are going to fix it, but I do see this as glaring.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Another little bug..
Whilst in my message center when clicking on a private message in my inbox to send a reply the Send to: box remains empty where as it should have the name of the peeps i am sending it to appear..

This happened to me earlier but i realised that I had been pressing "forward" instead of reply

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Another little bug:

When I wanted to send a moderator or an admin a U2U before, all I had to do was to go to the Forums page, and click on their names on the left hand side, which opened a U2U automatically. Now, when I click it, as I just tried now while trying to send a message to 12m8keall2c with a specific question, it still opens a new page but the page remains empty.

No biggie but thought I should mention it.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When I accidentally click on the date on a post on my Android, it opens my phone and wants to call the numbers.

lol

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Sorry to bother, but I keep waiting on this to be fixed and it's not yet addressed, evidently.

In IE--latest version; Windows 8 . . . (I think also in Firefox, latest version but am not 100% certain)

When I go to messages and click on reply to view the list of replies . . .

ONLY ABOUT 10-20% of the replies have a referent link to click on.

MOST OF THEM HAVE NOTHING WHATSOEVER SHOW UP IN THE RIGHT COLUMN. There's nothing there but the note to click on a link. But there's no link, nothing to click on. No amount of clicking on the list item in the left column changes that picture at all.

OH, and when I click on my posts . . . I forget what route . . . I don't think it matters the route to get there. . . . on the page with a list of my posts, I CANNOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE POSTS TO GO TO THEM. Nothing happens when I try to click on any of the listings. The posts are evidently listed properly--it's just that the items are not clickable.

THE FORUM the posts are in is clickable but NOT the post and NOT even the thread. That's frustrating.

= = =

BTW, FWIW, I preferred the new emoticons that initially came with the new ATS 5/3. However, I don't use them more than a few times a year so I should probably keep quiet about it. LOL. There's something about the bulk of the green ones that seems . . . welllll . . . kind of impudent, for some reason.

edit on 15/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: change %

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hmmm. thought I just posted this, but maybe not.

On some posts that are replies to a member, the top line of the post is over-writing the "reply to post by ...." line when it shows up.

Chrome, Win 8, laptop.

It doesn't ALWAYS happen, only on SOME posts - maybe the member isn't inserting a space or enter-carriage between the "[reply to...]" info that shows up on the top of the page where we type our replies?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You have to go into your account page, and in the top left box where you can adjust time/date stamp and format, make sure it's not your member name or anything else in the second field.

Mine was showing my member name by default; I switched it to "mm/dd/yy" and it straightened out the problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What happened to the ATS logo on the browser tabs?

Here are two ATS tabs from my browser opened to ATS.

The one on the left is older and has the ATS logo.
The one on the right is newer and has no logo.

It looks like the ATS logo has disappeared or been removed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am still seeing image overlap issues when a browser window is sized small:

The toolbar icons wrap and overlap the content.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

The site style was never intended for a desktop browser window to be narrower than 1024 pixels, the original width of the old ATS.2010 site.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The site style was never intended for a desktop browser window to be narrower than 1024 pixels, the original width of the old ATS.2010 site.

All good. I attempted to get a list going in your other thread here. It's a start. I hope others will contribute.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I don't like to do "pure responsive" design for sites as complex as ATS; with our diversity of content, layout needs, and number of different template grids. Also, a full-sized responsive style sheet can get rather large when trying to accommodate all screen sizes. Phone users get significantly modified templets, and the appropriate style info.

So CSS junkies who scale their browser window to see how a site's grid scales will be disappointed on ATS.

edit on 16-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I just asked this in a thread I posted and then saw this thread here about reporting bugs with the new site.
My question is this: has any one had problems with their 'thread replies' missing?

I was on ATS earlier this evening and every thing was fine.
Now all my replies from the threads are gone.....nothing at all. Nada

Could it be a glitch with the new 5.3?
Still working out the kinks maybe??

Just curious to see if any one else has had this happen to them.
Or is this the new norm now......replies vanish after reading them. I usually like to save everything and don't delete them.

Thanks~
snarky

edit on 17-9-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have a question.. where is the search function now?? Sorry if this question has been asked already.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tigershark1988

Its in the top right corner of the uppermost part of a page. The greenish magnifying glass icon is it. Click it and then search.

Or this if you have issues.
edit on 17-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: link added

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This "upgrade" is so frustrating... doesn't load unless I click the refresh button several times... Can't upload pictures... my browser doesn't recognize the menu buttons as links so I can't right click and "open in new tab/window". In "My ATS" the "My Posts" "My Threads" buttons don't work most of the time and the replies to my posts have all disappeared.

While I appreciate the effort... the implemenatation was amatuerish at best and at worst makes the site miserable to navigate.

For those that may be interested my browser is IE 8 and I cannot upgrade.

Oh and the new emoticons are the worst... the generic smiley faces lack the impact of the old ones.. blah...

And every link-hover description box says "scroll to top"... really?

On a positive note... I do like that there are no ads but I'm sure that will change.

Frustrated...

edit on 17-9-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Blarneystoner
I can't upgrade my IE8 either, but I can install alternate browsers. Can you do that?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Blarneystoner
This "upgrade" is so frustrating... doesn't load unless I click the refresh button several times...

That actually delays the loading of pages.

The site has been extensively tested on IE8 under Windows XP. While not ideal, everything but uploads has been tested to be functional... including menu links.

However, you should know that you're about two months away from major portions of the Internet dropping support for IE8. Google, Facebook, Amazon.com and many others have made public their plans to stop supporting the browser.

Oh and the new emoticons are the worst...

If you can "see" the emoticons -- which are fonts, not graphics -- then you should have no trouble with the menu.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Unfortunately no. I'm on a "managed desktop" at the office. Works OK on my Android though.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Blarneystoner
Unfortunately no. I'm on a "managed desktop" at the office.

If your browser is critical to your job functions, then you should stress the need for upgrades. Things as mundane and necessary such as Google search returns are likely going to be very problematic for you.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join