It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Little green magnifying glass next to the U2U indicator in the upper right corner.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
No bug report but just wanted to say this new layout is wicked cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
reply to post by miniatus

Please review this thread.

Assigning mini-profile backgrounds and avatars is now a 1-click process from within the uploads/storage tool.

Understood..

Suggestion though from a UI point of view.. ( sorry I'm a php programmer, I don't mean to annoy ) .. there should not be an option to paste photo url there anymore.. that led to way too much chasing of my own tail before someone who also chased his own tail for hours ( apparently ) found a solution..

I see from your link there's a thread that talks about it .. but that's woefully far from enough .. I know I'm risking my life saying that to the God of these lands, but I say it with all respect

I think that the background profile picture area under my account should probably be replaced with a block of instructional text and a link

please do not slay me
hehe of course you know I'm joking and it's awesome to get a reply straight from those in charge.. thank you for this amazing forum

edit on 9/13/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

NightFlight
Has the pop out ribbon on the bottom of the page gone forever or will it be re-established at a later date?

i despised that thing.

hope its gone for good.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Not "bugs" really, but - MANY of those emoticons don't express the sentiments very well -
up, puz, @@, hey ; all are very disappointing and only people who know what they're SUPPOSED to represent will get them...
just saying, to have to look at the code to make sure I'm choosing or understanding what they represent doesn't make sense.
Their meanings should be self evident. And I miss the animation.

And there's no 'dn'?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Is it normal that all my old U2Us are just gone?

Sorry if this was already addressed haven't read the thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

There was a recent issue with the U2U system, and from what SO said, quite a few U2Us were lost. They got a lot back, but nowhere near as many as were in there to begin with.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Recurring Issues

There are some issues that seem to be corrected, only to re-appear in a few hours or days.

Several days ago, I noticed I could see and reward the stars on each member's post, but I could not see the stars my posts had garnered.

I checked in different forums to make sure I wasn't simply in a forum that doesn't allow stars to be awarded and, in every instance, I could not see the stars above my posts (I checked posts I know have stars, to make sure what I was looking for was actually supposed to be there.)

Along with a few other problems, I raised this issue and it seemed to be fixed within about 2-3hours. It continued to work for the next few days, but today the stars have vanished. I noticed the signature coding seems to be fixed, so maybe the recurrance of the invisible stars is related to construction being done on the site?

Also, on the ATS 'home-page', thread titles, stats, and previews are overlapping advertisement windows again.

I noticed this for the first time a few days ago, when I noticed the vampiric stars. It seemed to be corrected shortly after I noticed it, but now it's returned.

I have another issue and it seems like some other members are experiencing the same problem, while some are not.

I can not upload images. I go to the upload page, click browse and choose the file to upload (making sure it's in the right format).

Then I click the 'cloud' upload icon, but nothing happens. The link acts just like the 'beer stein' and 'fire extinguisher' icons in the drop-down member features menu. (not the 'live.php' stein - it works fine).

In the directions for uploading illustration, the upload window has fields with coding to use the image in replies, as an avatar, etc., located directly below the file information, the browse button, and the upload 'cloud' icon.

None of the fields are displayed in the upload window on my screen. There is only a blank white (or grey/black) window where the fields should be.

One other issue I noticed seemed to be fixed, but it too has returned.

In ATS2010 I could right click any active link on the screen and have the choice to open the link, to open it in a new tab, or to open it in a new window.

This ability was unavailable at the 5/3 launch, but I think it was corrected. Like the other issues, it has returned (unless I'm mistaken and it was never available on ATS 5/3).

I used this function more than anything else. It allowed me to keep a current tab open and open links in new tabs. It helped when opening multiple threads, searching, creating posts, and building threads.

Can this issue be fixed or is it's absence a bi-product of the new design language?

v

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
dont know if this has been covered but a friend of mine was trying to register to the site and their getting nothing but a blank page after entering there username and password etc they want

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

On the photo upload problem, once you choose a file you also need to click the upload button.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

For some damn reason, it takes a few minutes to open up a reply window for any thread.

I use Windows 7 with Firefox Internet and Speakeasy says my internet speeds are .71Mbps download and .13 Mbps upload speed.

It really makes me wonder if its worth posting on here if I have to wait so long just to post a reply every time. It has only been like this since the 5.3 roll-out.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

FortAnthem
.71Mbps download and .13 Mbps upload speed.

That's not very good. But also, given the optimization of ATS, should be sufficient.

What happens when you try to reply?

Blank page and progress bar going slowly until page suddenly appears?

ATS logo appears, page slowly builds?

Something else?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

ronishia
dont know if this has been covered but a friend of mine was trying to register to the site and their getting nothing but a blank page after entering there username and password etc they want

There have been over 20 members joining today so far, so the code looks to be working.

The join process is a multi-step system that confirms that is intended to confirm a "human" is using it without those frustrating "captchas." If they're seeing something like a blank screen, then the system thinks they're not a real user. Perhaps cookies acceptance is turned off?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I appreciated historically your longevity of membership ditched adverts, have you decided to allow ads every page now.?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

The page stays on the thread I was replying to for at least a minute or two (sometimes it feels like up to 5) before it opens up the reply window page.

I can scroll up and down on the thread page while waiting for the reply page to load up but, can't star or flag any posts while waiting. Once it does get to the reply page, it comes up pretty quick.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hi just to mention I cannot create a thread in Breaking Alternative News. When I click on New News button on an existing Breaking Alternative News thread the page is giving me a 404

Another little bug if I click on the Forum button then select a Forum moderator I get a blank screen instead of going to there profile page..

Happy days..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hello ATS admins, developers etc, browsing the site has become more excruciating because of all of the ads, embedded flash that seem to be all over the site and the time overhead that it sometimes takes to fetch all of the externally linked content, I use Windows 7 & 8 depending on location.

The worst is waiting for Ads then the shockwave flash player or adobe plugin ceases to function and freezes, I do not have any problems browsing other sites either, on my Windows 7 system, if I am in a thread, then click the forward arrow to go to the 2nd or whatever thread in the forums, the php hangs, I have all of the latest updates on my systems along, have gone thru disabling all uneeded plugins, re-enabled etc...Firefox is my primary browser.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

bluemooone2
reply to post by esteay812

On the photo upload problem, once you choose a file you also need to click the upload button.

I did this.

Once I selected the image to upload, I clicked 'open' on my desktop picture library window. After that, the file's name was displayed in the ATS Upload field, with the 'Browse' button and 'upload cloud' next to it.

I clicked the 'upload cloud' to initiate the upload, but nothing at all happened - as if the link were broken.

Below the picture's file name is the ATS Upload Window. This window is supposed to display a series of fields that present different uses available for the image. The window I see is completely blank.

You are right, though. You do have to click the 'ATS Upload Cloud' icon to initiate the upload process.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Another little bug..
Whilst in my message center when clicking on a private message in my inbox to send a reply the Send to: box remains empty where as it should have the name of the peeps i am sending it to appear..

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join