It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I believe it's fixed.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's asking for authentication with clicking on threads also.

I hit cancel, and then it does what I was trying to do in the first place.

It hasn't logged me out either, just asking "authentication"

**yay!! Back to normal

edit on 13-9-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes it has just been sorted.. can confirm
it is acting normally again..

Thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, mine's working. So we have that going for us.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
using Chrome, clicked on the "most visited" thumbnail....got an "Authentication Required", asked for username and password. Entered them. Nothing. Tried again, nothing.
Re-enter abovetopsecret.com into tool/navigation bar - I get the light version, but I'm logged in.

Then I changed it back out to dark, but, glancing over the page I see this has been addressed. Maybe.??

Win 8, laptop, Chrome

(The emoticons are better, but we need thumbs up and thumbs down; and the eyeroll
thing is not...ummm. ..an eyeroll. It looks more like the "duh" thing.)

edit on 9/13/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

YAY!! Okay, never mind then....seems to be solved....

but, the emoticons???
These are certainly an improvement, but still quite less expressive than the older ones. Thumbs up and down?????
Eyeroll looks like "idiot", not eye-roll.....

edit on 9/13/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Managed to get back in so maybe its been sorted already?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So ATS no longer looks or feels like ATS any more...literally, doesn't seem at all like the same site.

Was this the plan, is this what the "make-over" was about?

Seems very odd.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
On the subject of Icons.. we need (and always have) in my
opinion ...a "Face Palm" smiley.. nothing else has quite the same effect.
edit on 13-9-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

For iOS users... I use ATS on my iPhone and iPad in a simulate "native mode," and it's been excellent. To use it that way yourself:

1) go to the ATS home page

2) tap share in the bottom menu

3) select save to home screen

An icon with an ATS logo will appear on your device. Tap that to browse/use ATS in a native-mode setting that feels just like an app -- we even have a progress indicator for when the next page is loading.

This is soo cool. TY

I have been getting quite a bit of 503 timeouts the last couple days. Could that be anything to do with ads not loading properly? Very minor but I do hit refresh a bunch. Again thanks for the cool update.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

we need (and always have) in my
opinion ...a "Face Palm" smiley.. nothing else has quite has the same effect.

HEAR, HEAR!!!!

Yeah, you have to use a pic from your upload files to post for a facepalm.....
good suggestion!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

snowspirit
It's asking for authentication with clicking on threads also.

I hit cancel, and then it does what I was trying to do in the first place.

It hasn't logged me out either, just asking "authentication"

**yay!! Back to normal

edit on 13-9-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)
I just got a prompt asking for authentication when I tried to make a post.

I clicked "cancel" and it still made the post.

Seems like a bug, but I haven't made many posts recently, so I don't know how frequently it happens when posting.

I'm not really liking this change and it hasn't grown on me. I miss the old site. But I hope it does whatever ATS wanted it to do, maybe attracting more users who like the cartoonish appearance.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The brief authentication issue was a file-sync blip between our development version of the site, and the live production version.

All is well know.

Sorry..

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

rigel4
On the subject of Icons.. we need (and always have) in my
opinion ...a "Face Palm" smiley.. nothing else has quite the same effect.
edit on 13-9-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

I agree.
Badly needed.

Also the little blue face that used to shake its head looking like things were all wrong ( : shk : < that one )

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi SO. I thought you might find this interesting. When I click the link to go directly to one of my posts, the new ATS always cuts off the top, as per the capture...

The old ATS landed perfectly on the post without cutting off top or bottom. A minor issue, but still of note.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What are the proper dimensions for avatar and mini-profile now? Anyone?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Klassified
The old ATS landed perfectly on the post without cutting off top or bottom. A minor issue, but still of note.

The issue, as you can probably guess, is the stick-menu. I've been working on some custom code that takes that into account, but it's not yet ready for primetime.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

For your profile, based on some testing, the background is around 200X440. (actually, 198 with a 1 pxl border surrounding)

They get a bit longer for other profiles, but that will work just fine for 1-line, or no custom title.

I believe the 170X240 guidance has not changed for the avatars, nor has the file size requirements for both avatars and backgrounds.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Thanks. Looks like I need to do some revamping.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This thread's getting pretty long, so I'm not sure if this has been covered yet...

I am experiencing some minor issues that are nagging.

When I go to my messages and click on 'replies', to see who's replied to my recent posts, they a clearly displayed. They are show as an active link, but when I click them, nothing happens. I tried to right click them and open in a new tab (this works when I have pop-up blocker running all-ahead, full), but it made no difference.

It makes it a little more difficult because the thread, in which the reply was made, is not displayed - only the member's name who replied is shown. Again, when I click it, nothing happens. I believe a message should open, telling me who replied, which thread, and at what time they replied.

I haven't noticed any other issues with my ATS Message Center.

Next...

When I go to my profile home and then select the icon to show a list of my recent replies, the replies are shown, as they should be. The issue is very similar to the one above.

If I click on one of my replies, nothing happens, where before it would take me to the exact location in the thread where the post was made. Also similar to the previous issue, the replies shown in the list seem to be active links, but they will not open, even when I right click and select, 'Open in New Tab'.

I can see what forum and thread the reply was made in, but I can not go to the specific thread and exact location by clicking the link. The only success I am having is when I click the forum associated with each specific post being displayed in the list.

And...

On the home page of ATS2010, each popular thread was displayed in virtually the same manner they are displayed in 5/3. However, there is something that is missing and it's something I find useful.

I mentioned this a few days ago in another reply and the issue seemed to be fixed sometime afterwards. Now it appears to be removed again.

Included below the title of each thread being displayed on the 'front-page' (home-page) was the date of the thread's publication, along with the number of replies, and the number of flags the thread has receive. I am not certain if all three statistics were displayed, but I am positive at least 2 of those stats were displayed below each thread.

Some people could care less about these stats, but in this instance I found them to be a useful. Because some forums are less active than others, a thread from a low traffic forum needs to garner far less flags to be highly ranked in it's forum than a thread from a high-traffic forum.

A thread in the Aliens & UFO forum may need to have 100 flags to be ranked #2, where a thread in the Food forum may only need 5 flags to be ranked #2 in it's forum.

Displaying the number of posts, flags, or both makes it easier to see which threads are more active across the general ATS membership without the need to actively enter the thread. It saves time when you don't have to enter a thread only to find there are 2 comments and 4 flags.

1 More Thing...

I've also noticed, from time-to-time, on the front-page (home-page) that some of the thread titles and previews are over-lapping an advertisement. I've only noticed 1 advertisement, about mid-way down the front-page, that does this and it doesn't do it every time.

Sorry for the long post here and I hope I didn't retard anyone back to the 2nd grade!

edit on 13-9-2013 by esteay812 because: 1 More Thing

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hi all, where on Earth is the search function? Looked everywhere and do not want to dupe a thread. Thanks. Ooh, new emoticons

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join