It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Detailed Analysis Results in the Port of Fukushima Daiichi NPS (01/14)

8 Pages of Pdf!

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Thank you, and thank Tepco.
Information is a good thing.
The truth may hurt but not as much as lies.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wishes

More on the US Sailor story above, video from USA Today
Sailor blames Fukushima radiation for paralysis

Hope there is help for them all.
edit on 15-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by wishes

More on the US Sailor story above, video from USA Today
Sailor blames Fukushima radiation for paralysis

Hope there is help for them all.

Yep, everyone is expendable. I wonder how the other sailors are doing?

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing this posted previously, apologies if it's a repeat ... I wonder how they're doing too!

Rapid increase in thyroid cancer in Fukushima kids – cover-up of causes

Fukushima Cover-Up: Extraordinary amount of kids have thyroid cancer — Officials say NOT caused by Fukushima since Chernobyl’s cancers took 4-5 yrs to appear — Yet data shows it started soon after ’86 meltdown… number of cases still rising 25 years later

nuclear-news.net...

The Japanese Secrecy Law might actually have begun when the IAEA and the Fukushima Medical University reached an agreement to cover up the future health effects of ionising eadiation and toxic/metal poisoning as reported here; Fukushima Medical University Signed Secrecy Pact With IAEA Fukushima government refused to our formal request of age breakdown and more detailed information concerning of thyroid cancer victims since March 2011… It was disclosed that Fukushima had the investigation committee had several secret meetings, I feel the response concerning this issue is unthinkable for a democratic nation.

Fukushima Parents “Stop having students practice outside ! Don’t cause any more students to have leukemia !”

enenews.com...

Fox Business: Leading ‘pro-nuclear’ scientist admits our nuclear plants are “dangerous” and “error-prone” — Agrees we don’t even know true extent of Fukushima disaster or its impact (VIDEO)

New interview from Dr. Richard Davis -

www.redflagnews.com...

Ret. Military Scientist Exposes Fukushima Cover-up In Bombshell Interview... (Video)
“If you look at the totality of the disaster at Fukushima, some evidence is beginning to emerge now which is very frightening. And, I haven’t made a conclusion about it. But there is evidence to suspect that Fukushima may not have been entirely a natural phenomenon – that there may have been man-made component – either with the tsunami creation (that fingerprint of the seismic activity appears to be suspicious – people are looking at that now); and what actually occurred within the plant – that appears to be suspicious. So it would not be unreasonable if this were a 9/11 false flag type of event, that that there would be substantial cover up that might occur after this. I’m not suggesting that’s what happened. I’m just saying that there are questions that are being raised today, and no answers coming forth.

edit on 15-1-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Many People here in Japan think we should help this People in a Non-bureaucratic Way,
this People saved Lives, helped the Young and Old and protected the Japanese from
further Harm!

As i wrote already countless Times: "I am not a Friend of the US-Army but here they get
my Gratitude and Respect for what they have done"!

Problem is now that the Japanese can't help them without making them self
responsible and vulnerable for Demands of Regress!

We still do not know what happened on this Boat (USS Ronald Reagan)
but this People helped us and we should help them as soon as possible!

You looked for more Info a few Days ago,
do you found enough Material for your Research?

The US-Navy created a huge Data-Base and you will find Info there!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A few more snippits which I hope have not been posted.

NUCLEAR EXPERT: FUKUSHIMA "OUT OF CONTROL" - POSES LETHAL DANGER TO MILLIONS WORLDWIDE January 13, 2014

Nuclear regulators in Japan on Friday called on the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) to address rising radiation levels near the crippled Fukushima reactors that have jumped 1000% of previous levels to 7.8 millisieverts, causing a great deal of panic across the Pacific. TEPCO has attributed this rise to radiation emitted from tanks storing contaminated water, which is generated in the process of cooling the damaged reactors. The Voice of Russia has talked to Professor Chris Busby, Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk and a member of the UK Department of Health Committee Examining Radiation Risk for Internal Emitters (CERRIE), who says he doesn’t believe this explanation. In his opinion, such high amounts of radiation can only come from nuclear cores that are already outside the reactors and into the ground. He says Fukushima is "out of control" and poses a lethal danger to millions worldwide.

RADIATION ALERTS: CITIES IN CO, AZ & UT Thursday, 09 January 2014 18:55

According to the Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center, radiation levels for the following places in the United States have suddenly risen more than 100 points per-minute over typical, three-month averages and may be serious:

According to the chart below from NukeProfessional, this level is **** DANGEROUS. **** Not only is the level of 652 a new, all-time "high" for this city, it is 224 points higher-per-minute than the typical three-month "average" Counts-Per-Minute (CPM) for this location. This is a very significant and sudden increase.

RADIATION ALERTS: CITIES IN PA & TX Saturday, 11 January 2014

Radiation Alerts have been issued for cities in Pennsylvania and Texas due to sudden increases in local radiation levels - in one case 60x the "typical" level!
plus map at this link

STOCKHOLDER: TEPCO "HAS LITTLE REGARD FOR PUBLIC SAFETY" DUMPS STOCK Thursday, 09 January 2014 13:23

The major Dutch pension fund, ABP, has dumped its 18 million Euro of stock in the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) over safety concerns surrounding the ongoing clean-up at the Fukushima nuclear disaster site. ABP in Brussels claims the operator of the stricken Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant failed to respond to requests to discuss safety concerns. ABP, one of the world’s biggest pension funds, had an ?18 million stake in Tepco in September but sold it in the October-December quarter for an undisclosed sum, Reuters reported. On Tuesday, ABP said Tepco has little regard for public safety and did not respond to it repeated requests to discuss safety concerns. ABP thus put Tepco on its list of banned investments, effective Jan. 1.

TEPCO withheld Fukushima radioactive water measurements for 6 months 09 January 2014

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN
Tokyo Electric Power Co. has withheld 140 measurements of radioactive strontium levels taken in groundwater and the port of the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant between June and November last year. TEPCO has been releasing the combined levels of all radioactive substances, including strontium, that emit beta rays, at the crippled nuclear plant. But strontium levels exceeded the all-beta readings in some instances, leading the utility to decide they were “wrong” and to withhold them from public releases, TEPCO officials said Jan. 8. Previously, TEPCO officials said they had not released the data because the numbers were not confirmed.

Company officials on Jan. 8 insisted the utility had no intention to conceal information. They said they did not disclose the data simply because of inconsistencies in the information. They said TEPCO will release correct readings after determining the cause of the discrepancies by the end of this month.

International Atomic Energy Agency agreed in writing to conceal fukushima radiation info from public; signed confidentiality agreements with japan government to restrict info on dangers and health effectsTuesday, 07 January 2014

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has been caught agreeing in writing to conceal information from the world about the extent of danger, damage and health effects at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant disaster in Japan. Turner Radio Network has obtained official copies of the agreements signed by the IAEA and the Fukui Prefectural Government as well as between the IAEA and Fukushima Medical University. We have the agreements, now YOU have them too!
read more at the title link above

edit on 16 Jan 2014 by qmantoo because: never get it right first time

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Where did I put that book, ah, here it is. I'll just dust it off.

Time for a re-read. Last time was around 1971.

On The Beach by Nevil Shute

It was written in 1957. He must have been a prophet!

P

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority Reports on Conditions
at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station

On 15 January 2013, the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) of Japan provided the IAEA with an update on radioactivity in seawater at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (NPS).
The Update

This update on the daily monitoring by TEPCO of seawater near Fukushima Daiichi NPS indicates that the concentrations of all radionuclides (i.e. Cs-134, Cs-137, total Beta and H-3) were relatively stable from 6 to 12 January 2014 at the sampling points T-1 and T-2-1. The sampling points T-1 and T-2-1 near the Fukushima Daiichi NPS are sentinels to assess effects on the environment by incidents including a leakage of contaminated water. The Nuclear Regulation Authority has been closely observing the results of TEPCO's monitoring of seawater at these sampling points.

The NRA also provided an update on the sea area monitoring results for radioactivity obtained from sea water samples taken at a distance of two to 200 kilometers from TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi NPS.
Sea Water

In addition, the NRA released an information circular from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, providing details on a web announcement by TEPCO on the cause of steam emanating from the top of Unit 3 Reactor Building at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi NPS, and which also indicates no abnormality there.
Regarding Steam
A document on Monitoring Air Dose Rates From a Series of Aircraft Surveys 30 Months After the Fukushima Daiichi NPS Accident was posted by the NRA and is available here.
Special Report

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
For the People who are concerned and interested in both Sides,
please read the Comments, for the higher Benefit:
Absurd photo illustrating Fukushima fear mongering site
Atomic-Insight
edit on 16-1-2014 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why the sky in this webcam is all blocky but the buildings and foreground are OK? Lots of clouds too.
Yet, when you look at the view goung North and the view going South, the sky is different. That is possible, but is it so likely?

(half of R#4 and the others in the distance) Clouds moving.

(R#1 and R#2) No clouds in here today.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Low Sun!

Nothing to worry!
(insert a Pic of Baghdad-Bob)

Also they look into different Directions,
Nr. 1 look straight North
Nr. 2 look nearly straight South

Tokyo offer Blue Sky while it is Cloudy in Sendai!
edit on 16-1-2014 by Human0815 because: better explanation

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

qmantoo

Can anyone tell me why the sky in this webcam is all blocky but the buildings and foreground are OK? Lots of clouds too.
Yet, when you look at the view goung North and the view going South, the sky is different. That is possible, but is it so likely?

(half of R#4 and the others in the distance) Clouds moving.

(R#1 and R#2) No clouds in here today.

According to the time stamp it's 3 pm. I can understand differences in clouds, but the actual sky colors are very different and don't look remotely like the same sky - and just pointing in a different direction shouldn't make such a difference to the actual sky hues. Perhaps it could be that one camera has different lenses? Or is dirty?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Human, No, it is not low sun as the blockyness is there all the time. I already said one was ponting N and one S. The sun sets in the West even in Japan. The clouds in the R1 & R2 stream are not large and are certainly not covering the whole sky. In fact there are not many at all today. The blockiness in the other one showing R4 is moving which suggests that the 'clouds' are moving in the frame. Any more ideas?
edit on 17 Jan 2014 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Election spotlight on nuclear power

Whether Japan should rely on nuclear power generation will be a main theme in the Feb. 9 Tokyo gubernatorial election as a result of former Prime Minister Morihiro Hosokawa’s announcement Tuesday that he will run in the election on a “zero nuclear” platform.

His entry will have a great impact on the gubernatorial race as he has secured the wholehearted support of former Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, who has renounced his earlier stance favoring nuclear power and now is a strong anti-nuclear advocate, causing embarrassment to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and his Liberal Democratic Party. One issue that is likely to come back and haunt Hosokawa, however, is his questionable borrowing of ¥100 million from Sagawa Express Co., which led to his resignation as prime minister in April 1994. He should give a full explanation.

Making a zero-nuclear goal the focus of policy debate in the gubernatorial election is both timely and welcome in view of the devastation that the meltdowns at Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant have caused and of the fact that Japan is a quake-prone country. Moreover, there is no established technology that will ensure safe storage of high-level radioactive waste from nuclear power plants for tens of thousands years.

Read the good Editorial

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Last Graph....

Good thing it is "Seaside".

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

qmantoo
Human, No, it is not low sun as the blockyness is there all the time. I already said one was ponting N and one S. The sun sets in the West even in Japan. The clouds in the R1 & R2 stream are not large and are certainly not covering the whole sky. In fact there are not many at all today. The blockiness in the other one showing R4 is moving which suggests that the 'clouds' are moving in the frame. Any more ideas?
edit on 17 Jan 2014 by qmantoo because: (no reason given)

Another thought I had last night was depending on actual wind, etc., could it be a nuclear 'haze' that's causing it and shows up in one camera because of wind direction? Or do you think one film may be completely substituted?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wishes -

Another thought I had last night was depending on actual wind, etc., could it be a nuclear 'haze' that's causing it and shows up in one camera because of wind direction? Or do you think one film may be completely substituted?
Actually, I thought it could be steam or 'haze' but it could also be that the part of the image which does not move is not refreshed at the normal rate and the part that does is very low resolution.

I really dont know if that is possible, but if there is any after-processing of the image, it should be possible to do. Of course that is wild speculation on my part, but it is strange that the blockiness shows up in the part which has movement of clouds etc and not where there is no movement. If the resoolution was low, wouldn't it be low resolution everywhere across the image? Not sure how these things work. They can probably 'mask' an area of the image somehow.

Knowing Tepco, I would not put anything past them. Remember the radiation-proof glass they put over one of the cameras so that it did not show the radiation on the live stream when it was facing R#1 back a year or so ago. They probably learned their lesson over that one and now are super-sensitive about what they show. I just think it is funny not to have a similar sky colour all the time. Today, the whole camera image was shaking and I thought it was a quake. I went to the other camera to look and it was as steady as a rock. Obviously wasn't a quake then.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

We had 3 Quakes today in that Area, very, very short one
and only Mag. 2 and Mag 4.1.

Also i still think that there is a Compression Handicap
for Windows Media Player.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join