It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Can see you were replying to Wishes but if I may:
from Natural News

(NaturalNews) For the very first time, a scientific study published in a peer-reviewed journal has come up with a solid estimate of the total number of US deaths caused by the Fukushima nuclear disaster in the weeks following it. Epidemiologist Joseph Mangano, MPH, MBA, and his colleagues say that, based on compiled data, at least 14,000 people in the US were killed during the 14 weeks following the Fukushima catastrophe -- and the majority of these deaths were in children under age one. Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz2q7UX2x00

"Based on our continuing research, the actual death count here may be as high as 18,000, with influenza and pneumonia, which were up five-fold in the period in question as a cause of death," added Mangano. "Deaths are seen across all ages, but we continue to find that infants are hardest hit because their tissues are rapidly multiplying, they have undeveloped immune systems, and the doses of radioisotopes are proportionally greater than for adults." Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz2q7UFsCCD

Think, if you look a bit you might find numbers for those that have died already and are dieing. Maybe not causing traffic jams or planes falling from the sky, like in the movies but people are dieing. And until people; enough people think it matters the outlook is for many more...
edit on 11-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Since 3/11, over 160,000,000 people have died on planet Earth. I think that is sufficient proof that Fukushima is a major disaster. Maybe we should all be suing Tepco and the Japanese government, then maybe we could afford to go out and have some fun before we too suffer the agonising deaths we know are coming. How much should we sue for?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

GaryN
Since 3/11, over 160,000,000 people have died on planet Earth. I think that is sufficient proof that Fukushima is a major disaster. Maybe we should all be suing Tepco and the Japanese government, then maybe we could afford to go out and have some fun before we too suffer the agonising deaths we know are coming. How much should we sue for?

You do realize that is not that large a number when you consider the total population of this rock is 7 Billion?

And you also have to subtract the people killed in the 32 Wars that have been waged during that time
The people killed in the 2011 Hurricane Season starting June 1st and ending Nov 30th 2011
(I honestly do not know when the Southern Hemisphere's season runs I have never looked it up, but add those)
The people killed in the freak October Nor'Easter
The People Killed in the 2012 Hurricane Season June 1st to Nov 30th 2012
Superstorm Sandy
the Blizzard of 2013
The Typhoon in the Phillipenes

You get the point, to blame 160 million deaths over 3 years when all those other things have contributed to just one cause (Fuki) is about as responsible as the people putting out the Tusnami Height Map as some sort of Radiation Map..

eta: H1N1 which is making a comeback...
edit on 1112014 by vkey08 because: forgot H1N1

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I forget which thread it was in on here but someone debunked Natural News' story when it first came out in 2012 (the same article you are using there as a matter of fact)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Alekto

Chernobyl The resulting radioactive release was equivalent to ten Hiroshimas. In fact, since the Hiroshima bomb was air-burst--no part of the fireball touched the ground--the Chernobyl release polluted the countryside much more than ten Hiroshimas would have done. Many people died from the explosion and even more from the effects of the radiation later. Still today, people are dying from the radiation caused by the Chernobyl accident. The estimated total number of deaths will be 16,000. Major Radiation Exposure in Real Life Events Hiroshima and Nagasaki The survivors have suffered physically from cataracts, leukemia and other cancers, malformed offspring, and premature aging, and also emotionally, from social discrimination. Within a few months of the nuclear explosions, leukemia began to appear among the survivors at an abnormally high rate. Some leukemia victims were fetuses within their mothers' wombs when exposed to radiation. One child who was born two days after the Hiroshima explosion eventually died of acute leukemia at the age of eighteen. The number of leukemia cases has declined with time, but the incidence of lung cancer, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, and cancers of other organs has increased among the survivors.

wishes

You got proof Fukushima isn't an ELE event and raining down all over me?

library.thinkquest.org...

Yes. Nobody is dying.

Really? And this is based upon.....?

It takes only a couple minutes of research to understand that radiation is well known for LONG TERM EFFECTS as well as immediate. So my granddaughter comes down with leukemia in three years and I come down with bone cancer in 5 years - "I" will KNOW it was from Fukushima but the media and medical profession will just shrug off the strange increases in cancers showing up.

It's TOO SOON to remotely tell the effects of Fukushima but it's not too soon to predict its dire effects based on previous 'facts'. And it's absolutely naive to say "nobody is dying" from Fukushima! I guarantee you there have been many (thousands?) 'unreported' and 'undiagnosed' deaths besides the known ones. Why else do you think there is no media coverage or medical releases and there's new laws forbidding information coming out of Japan? Because everything's A-OK? Hardly!

library.thinkquest.org...

Chernobyl

The resulting radioactive release was equivalent to ten Hiroshimas. In fact, since the Hiroshima bomb was air-burst--no part of the fireball touched the ground--the Chernobyl release polluted the countryside much more than ten Hiroshimas would have done. Many people died from the explosion and even more from the effects of the radiation later. Still today, people are dying from the radiation caused by the Chernobyl accident. The estimated total number of deaths will be 16,000.

Major Radiation Exposure in Real Life Events Hiroshima and Nagasaki

The survivors have suffered physically from cataracts, leukemia and other cancers, malformed offspring, and premature aging, and also emotionally, from social discrimination. Within a few months of the nuclear explosions, leukemia began to appear among the survivors at an abnormally high rate. Some leukemia victims were fetuses within their mothers' wombs when exposed to radiation. One child who was born two days after the Hiroshima explosion eventually died of acute leukemia at the age of eighteen. The number of leukemia cases has declined with time, but the incidence of lung cancer, thyroid cancer, breast cancer, and cancers of other organs has increased among the survivors.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I think this part of my response actually deserves it's own section as it's a blatant lie by Natural News:

• The mainstream media is, in large part, owned by General Electric, the very company that designed the Fukushima reactors in the first place. It is clear that GE is diligently running a total media blackout on this news in order to cover its own ass and prevent people from asking questions about the faulty engineering and nuclear facility site selection that led to this catastrophe.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

While this may have been true 5 years ago during the entire time this has been going on General Electric has NOT owned the NBC Television Networks, NBC/Universal is a wholly owned subsidiary of Comcast, and has been for quite some time, GE Dumped their media division some time back as it wasn't profitable enough for them to continue running it..

Why this matters.

Naturalnews has in the past and I know I'm not the only one on the site that has questioned their "reporting" over time, to the point that in any other situation they would be held in about as high regard as the Onion, bent the truth and exaggerated or even "forgotten" (I remember one article that had that as a correction) key facts, in this case, either they didn't care enough to find out that Comcast has absolutely NO parts of their company even remotely involved in Nuclear Power Plants, from construction to decommissioning, or wants people to think that GE is still owning NBC, MSNBC, CNBC so as to make everyone think GE is covering this up using their own (now non existent) media empire..

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

OK I got it from a bad source, and from the info you gave bet you already know the story came from medical journals originally.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An estimated 14,000 excess deaths in the United States are linked to the radioactive fallout from the disaster at the Fukushima nuclear reactors in Japan, according to a major new article in the December 2011 edition of the International Journal of Health Services. This is the first peer-reviewed study published in a medical journal documenting the health hazards of Fukushima

But fact or reasoning may not be enough, good luck...
"High schooler in Kohriyama tweeted “Having high fever since last year, it was acute leukemia”
Posted by Mochizuki on January 9th, 2014 · 7 Comments
Share on gmailShare on twitterShare on facebookShare on emailMore Sharing Services

Note : If you are from the international mass media, Don’t read this site before taking a contact with me.

A male student of Kohriyama high school tweeted they diagnosed he had acute myelogenous leukemia, which only 0.003 ~ 0.004 % of population have, according to Tepco [Wikipedia].

He is a member of track and field club. He was looking forward going to Kaiseizan park, where is known to be highly contaminated.

On Twitter, he was been commenting about the unverified high fever and other acute symptoms.

@CF117 うぃー(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))よかったー! でか、開成山ていつ開くんだっけ?笑 そろそろだよね?笑

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 6

12/6/2013

When will Kaiseizan park be open ? Isn’t it soon ?

* He doesn’t seem to know about radioactive contamination.

明日は病院で頭見てもらってきてから学校行きます…。(爆笑)

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 11

12/11/2013

Tomorrow I’m going to have my head inspected at a hospital before going to school.

走っても走ってもいくらもがいても走り方が戻らない

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 22

12/22/2013

No matter how much I struggle to train, can’t get my running form back.

今日の強化練習会はスランプなりに頑張りました(._.)笑

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 23

12/23/2013

I tried hard in today’s intense training though I was in the worst slump.

体中のリンパ節がいたいー∧( ‘Θ’ )∧

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 26

12/26/2013

Lymph nodes hurt all over my body.

わーお、熱がある(爆笑)

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 25

12/25/2013

Wow, I have fever.

喉痛すぎて、ご飯食べれない、飲み物飲めない(爆笑)

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 31

12/31/2013

Terrible sore throat, I can’t eat food, can’t drink anything.

突然熱が40度以上でで、夜間の総合病院に搬送され、点滴打ってきたわずー笑 死ぬかと思った\(^o^)/

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2013, 12月 31

12/31/2013

Suddenly the fever went over 40℃. I was sent to a general hospital of night shift. I was given an intravenous drip injection. Thought I was going to die.

大晦日から高熱続きで課題さえ手つかないし、一歩も走ってない。 いつになったら治るんだよー。

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2014, 1月 2

1/2/2014

Been having the high fever since 12/31/2013, can’t do the homework, can’t run. When will I be fine ?

もう4日連続の高熱の目覚め。

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2014, 1月 2

1/2/2014

This is the 4th morning to wake up with high fever.

なんか僕だいぶやばい病気にかかってたらしいです。 今日、血液検査に言ったら急性骨髄球性白血病っていう病気でした。 当然入院で、みなさんとはしばらく会えなくなりますが、白血病治すために病院で戦ってきます。 少しでも多くの人に応援していただければ嬉しいです。泣 絶対治します!

— カジっちょ (@kaziccho) 2014, 1月 6

1/6/2014

It seems like I had quite a bad disease. From today’s blood test, it was Acute myeloid leukemia. Not to mention I have to be hospitalized, can’t see you all for a while. However I will fight the disease in hospital. I wish I could be cheered by as many people as possible. Will definitely come back ! "
fukushima Diary

note how quick note the dates.

edit on 11-1-2014 by donlashway because: ""

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Japan to Recreate Fukushima Meltdown for Analysis

According to The Yomiuri Shimbun, the experiment will include melting a miniature version of one of the Fukushima Daiichi energy plant’s 4.5-meter rods inside a stainless-steel capsule. Neutrons emitted by fuel surrounding the capsule will spur nuclear fission in the small fuel rod, which will start melting after its temperature reaches 2,000 degrees Celsius. The nuclear fission reaction should provide insight into the melted fuel that remains inside the three crippled Fukushima reactors. Removing the fuel from the reactors is the biggest challenge in the ongoing cleanup and further dismantling of the plant...

“We want to study exactly how meltdowns happen and apply what we will learn to help improve ways to deal with severe accidents in the future.”

The rods at the plant are believed to contain 14,000 times as much radioactive cesium as was released at the bombing of Hiroshima. People like grassroots, nuclear-free campaign leader Harvey Wasserman say moving 400 tons of radioactive rods from a fuel pool in one of the damaged units could end in a global catastrophe.

Tuna contaminated with radiation from Fukushima have been caught off the California coast, making some wonder how safe it is to eat fish. Additionally, 70-plus U.S. Navy sailors reported radiation sickness after responding to the disaster and have filed a lawsuit against Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), which operates the Fukushima Daiichi energy plant.

ecowatch.com...

.... "improve ways to deal with severe accidents in the future" .... how about building them proper in the first place, being prepared for all emergencies in the second place - or even better yet stop building them altogether and using clean alternatives...

Re GE and media - the energy multinational corporations rule whether they technically own shares or not. The media is absolutely controlled by them as are governments. It is not about money, it is about absolute control. We (people) are looked at like vermin by them, expendable, irrelevant. Sue them? Would be awesome but won't ever happen, the courts are manipulated by them as well. Those that oppose with any degree of success get taken out. I'm all for divine intervention... we're way over our heads here...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I am absolutely sure that there are going to be cases like this in Japan.. I mean really, a nuclear plant suffered a category 7 reactor incident.. why wouldn't there be an aftereffect, however..

the timespan given in the 2012 article and the deaths it claims happened in Seattle/Vancouver area of NA, just couldn't be covered up.. people would notice that on a large scare, and certainly to say 160 million people as someone else did died in 3 years as a direct result of the plant is really reaching..

Has any radiation reached North America, honestly I haven't seen conclusive evidence from either side to say yes it has.. I would be an absolute fool to think that something wasn't carried on the wind, and as a leukemia survivor (runs in my family, so I'm afraid it's not from Fukishima Dai-ichi) it's a horrible disease.. but.. and here's the but, cancer patients are tracked in the United States for a variety of reasons, one of the main reasons is to keep a database of them (us) so that certain dispensing rules can be lifted, the general trend in the past 3 years for certain types of cancer (the fast acting ones we saw after Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Chernobyl) in the United States is actually down. Does that mean anything? In and of itself no it doesn't anymore than someone's diary from Japan shows that the West Coast is totally irradiated.

There's an old adage in Police work.. There are three sides to every story, Side A, Side B and the Truth will be found between them..

My conclusions may shock you, I'm not so obstinate as to think that it's a nothing deal, I'm also not going to sit there and claim "humanity is on the brink of extinction" either.

Some things I pointed out in another thread.. May be useful here, may not be, but they are all just general facts so..

1) The cooling pools are an item of concern. The rods that are in the pool range from 2000F just out of the reactor to about 100 degrees after about 10 years. Fukishima Dai-ichi has been operation for many years, but the rods that really must have extra care taken with them are the ones that are 10 years or less old. Anything over ten years old can safely, by this point, be removed from the pools without risk of combustion. Why is this? The rods when they come out are still undergoing the reaction that make the heat that powers the steam turbines that well makes electricity. These reactions aren't enough at this point to generate enough to run the turbines but are still enough that for the next ten years they must be kept underwater, and the water must be kept at 120F or under and circulated. If the rod assemblies hit the air and they are NOT over ten years old, there is a risk that they will combust the moment they hit 700F (not really a risk it's a pretty proven fact that at 700F the rods will combust) Honestly a good refrigerated swimming pool that has a constant supply of ice cold water running through it will do the trick in a pinch, they just have to be kept cool. Where the problem at Dai-ichi is, they don't know how damaged the pools really are, and if a rod is stuck coming out, or more than one rod comes out, or even, heaven forbid it drops, you run the risk of it heating to 700F and poof. Would it be bad? Of course, no denial there. Would it be enough to leave the survivors on Earth all dying horrible lingering radiation deaths? No.. why..

Because.. even if that nice radioactive cloud somehow made it all the way to North America, by the time it hit the Rockies it would have dispersed enough to be nothing more than background noise.. Our planet also has very very complex wind patterns with wind at one level not going the same direction as another level and so on, so that it's very possible that everything evens out in the end.. There would be about a 50-100 mile exclusion zone if a pool were to catch on fire, no doubt, would it kill all life on Earth and are we on the brink of extinction? no..

2) The other problem is that enriched Uranium is really a misnomer, we don't enrich to anything over 4% for use in a commercial reactor. And while that's still something, it's not nearly enough to end all life on Earth.. The proof in that is: We have done somewhere around 600 or so nuclear bomb tests on the planet, the biggest being the Tsar Bomba (although I think that was a hydrogen bomb) and it didn't wipe out life on Earth? Those are Plutonium and 98% enriched Uranium Bombs. MUCH MUCH more lethal to the human condition than Fukishima Dai-ichi (and yes it's spelt Dai-ichi it's a number not a name , ichi = 1) so while we're certainly looking at a situation that needs to be brought under control, we are not as some have stated looking at the end of all life on Earth from this one Power Plant.. It may be a matter of perspective but it's a major perspective to note..

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Global fallout of nuclear weapon tests, 2,566,087x1015Bq.[5] 1986 Chernobyl disaster total release of 12,060x1015Bq.[6] 2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, the estimated total aerial release of radioactivity is 11,346x1015Bq.[7] Cooling water dumped (leaked) to the sea, TEPCO estimate 4.7x1015Bq、Japanese Nuclear Safety Commission estimate 15x1015Bq[8]、French Nuclear safety committee estimate 27x1015Bq[9] One container (net 400kg) of vitrified high level radioactive waste has an average 4x1015Bq (Max 45x1015Bq). Some countries report the mass and volume of disposed waste and some just tonnage. The US did not report tonnage or volume of 90,543 containers. Subtotal of all volume reported is 982,394m3.

information from old reply, iaea

Someone had something about the point above, my point; stop it, no more! Let's learn the lesson and shut them all down.
We don't need it! What's the saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ?

Way back 2011

Building of Turkey's First Nuclear Plant, Sited on a Fault Line, Facing Fresh Questions

At least this new plant being built in Turkey near a major fault is advertised as Earthquake Proof.

Japan and Turkey agreed Tuesday to cooperate on advanced technology development, which would include construction of a nuclear plant and possibly material for a nuclear weapon. - See more at: www.therightperspective.org...

We all should just relax... Russia and Japan helping Turkey into the nuke age... We all should just relax...
Japan & Turkey

nuclear power
Building of Turkey's First Nuclear Plant, Sited on a Fault Line, Facing Fresh Questions

enough is enough We all should just relax...We all should just relax...We all should just relax...We all should just relax...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Has any radiation reached North America, honestly I haven't seen conclusive evidence from either side to say yes it has.. I would be an absolute fool to think that something wasn't carried on the wind, and as a leukemia survivor (runs in my family,
reply to post by vkey08

Yes. Here's a video of radiation readings from the rain July 18, 2011 near Banff Canada of 1,48 mcSv/h, which is not far from me and one of many reasons why I absolutely believe it (Fukushima) comes down in every rain. Yes there's all kinds of crap in the atmosphere raining down - Fukushima just made it all exponentially more worse and dangerous.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry to hear about your cancer history, I've lost family members to it as well. Even animals are getting cancer, vet clinics can attest to large increases in animals, I used to work in a clinic. Why so much cancer? Animals don't smoke and most don't get carcinogenic diets. I absolutely believe its from radiation (and environmental) - A hundred years ago cancer was virtually unheard of - today it's like what, 2 out of 3 people can expect it in one form or another? So for people to say all those nukes were harmless I say... really? It's silent, it takes its time. It accumulates.

Getting accurate medical statistics is not easy - you get what they give you, not necessarily what is real. Besides inconsistent record keeping which can really skew data, they don't want the general public to know the real numbers.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The Unit is in Nano-Grays and Nano-Sievert
1000 nano-Sievert is 1 micro-Sievert which is 0.001 milli-Sievert

The gray is used to express the physical quantity of absorbed dose, that is, the quantity of energy absorbed per unit mass, in any material, while the sievert is used to express the biological equivalent dose to human tissue.

The sievert is used to compare the biological effects of the different forms of ionizing radiation. It is used when discussing equivalent dose (the external-source, whole-body exposure effects, in a uniform field), effective dose (which depends on the body parts targeted), and committed dose (whole body effects of ingested or inhaled radioactive material). The latter dose quantities are weighted averages of absorbed dose designed to be more representative of the stochastic health effects of radiation, and use of the sievert implies that appropriate weighting factors have been applied to the original absorbed dose measurement (in grays).[1]

Source

On your page we see very low Levels of Radiation but still you get a hint of the real Amount,
not all of this Stations are on a height of 100Cm, some are much higher.

Safecast.org offer a few Millions of independent Measurements!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Great Article by Ex-Skf, as usual,
important Document of the History of the Earthquake, the Tsunami and the Melt-Down.

Nikkei Shinbun's Interview of Haruki Madarame (1/7): "#Fukushima I NPP Wasn't Much of a Topic in March 11, 2011 Meeting Despite Station Blackout and Emergency Core Cooling Failure"

Dr. Haruki Madarame was the chairman of the now-defunct Nuclear Safety Commission at the time of the start of the Fukushima nuclear accident on March 11, 2011. He became instantly infamous and reviled in Japan when it was reported that he had reassured then-Prime Minister Naoto Kan on their way to Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant in the morning of March 12, 2011 that there would be no explosion. A few hours later, the Reactor 1 building blew up in a hydrogen explosion.

Nikkei Shinbun interviewed Dr. Madarame recently, who was as candid as he had been in the past few times he had spoken about his role in the early days of the nuclear accident, readily admitting his errors. (In his testimony to the Diet Commission that investigated the Fukushima I NPP accident in February 2012, Dr. Madarame said he didn't remember the 1st week of the accident, as he was so tired from lack of sleep.)

Nikkei's article from the interview is very informative but also quite long, so it will be in 7 installments.

In the first installment below, Dr. Madarame paints a picture of the Kan administration and himself not knowing what was going on and not knowing what to do.

As is quite usual in the Japanese media, no other media even writes about this Nikkei article.

Please visit and read it at Ex-SKF

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wishes

But then you have: RealTime NON Governmental Monitoring
And the levels on the East Coast around our plants are higher than the West Coast, we know that it's not due to Fukishima....

Also your video shows after, where's the before for comparison? There is none and therefore we don't know what the baseline is for that area, it could very well be in the range shown..

We don't have enough information about the global effects of this incident yes to sit and say game over, everyone's going to die..

Nobody is saying it's not bad, nobody (well TEPECO may be but they live in some odd fantasy land) but to sit here and scream DOOM DOOM GLOOM GLOOM GLOM and not have simple comparatives even 1 month before and one month after would be nice..

For accuracy I find that the radiation network seems to be more on top of how much there ISN'T compared to how much Arnie is screaming there IS...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

vkey08
reply to post by wishes

For accuracy I find that the radiation network seems to be more on top of how much there ISN'T compared to how much Arnie is screaming there IS...

one important detail you may be confused on, is at the rad network you are seeing "open air" readings, which have little to do with fukushima, unless it blows off some steam, then they may go up. what you don't see there is rain and snow readings, which will show the cumulative effect of the isotopes that still, and for decades, will travel the globe in our atmosphere.

rain and snow readings have been 150-250 CPM here on the east coast, since fukushima, i don't know how they were previous, but those are the readings myself and many get on a regular basis. i don't know how fukushima will go and i don't fear it, but it's best to know the truth in any event. the way tepco and world govt. in general are handling this issue, is perhaps more of a catastrophe to human beings then the isotopes, but it's close.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

GaryN
Since 3/11, over 160,000,000 people have died on planet Earth. I think that is sufficient proof that Fukushima is a major disaster.

On average, 155,000 people die a day. Are you suggesting that 160,000,000 people have died as a direct result of exposure to radiation from Fukushima? [snip]

edit on 12-1-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by Alekto

Can see you were replying to Wishes but if I may:
from Natural News

I'm sorry. But as soon as naturalnews.com is mentioned, all credibility is lost. The site promotes almost every sort of medical crackpot theory known to humanity. Vaccine denialism, AIDS/HIV denial and quack cancer medicine, you name it, it's there.
The site's owner, Mike Adams claims that the pharmaceutical industry is creating HIV vaccines with the sole purpose of creating as many HIV positive peopleas possible to sell anti-retroviral drugs to at a huge profit, and that Mammographic screening creates cancer, which is then expensively treated for huge profits. I could go on. It's pretty hilarious reading that site.

If you cite NaturalNews on any matter whatsoever, you are almost certainly wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Sorry. I couldn't add the reply. Anyway.

I'm sorry. But as soon as naturalnews.com is mentioned, all credibility is lost. The site promotes almost every sort of medical crackpot theory known to humanity. Vaccine denialism, AIDS/HIV denial and quack cancer medicine, you name it, it's there.
The site's owner, Mike Adams claims that the pharmaceutical industry is creating HIV vaccines with the sole purpose of creating as many HIV positive peopleas possible to sell anti-retroviral drugs to at a huge profit, and that Mammographic screening creates cancer, which is then expensively treated for huge profits. I could go on. It's pretty hilarious reading that site.

If you cite NaturalNews on any matter whatsoever, you are almost certainly wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You just proved my point with your numbers..

The total radiation over time from all those tests is almost 100X anything Fuki or Cheryn put out.. and WE ARE STILL ALIVE.. Read slive, as in not dead, as in not ceasing as a species as in not on the brink of dying..

I would hope that as far as the rest of your ranting, you have a viable alternative in place before you shut all those reactors down, otherwise there's gonna be some pretty hot days and pretty cold nights as you shiver without power.. Nuclear plants produce (pardon the expression) the most bang for the buck when it comes to power generation, if we could harness Fusion power it would be even more bang for the buck...

nothing compares to it and the need for electricity is so great that we cannot just say "SHUT THEM DOWN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" without plunging a good portion of the world back into the 1950's

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

No Immediate Danger Prognosis for a Radioactive Earth by Dr Rosalie Bertell 1985 ISBN 0-913990-25-2

Permissible Levels of Exposure The US National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurement gave expression to the theoretical resolution of this human dilemma by articulating the implicit reasoning behind subsequent radiation protection standards development:[20]
A value judgment which reflects, as it were, a measure of psychological acceptability to an individual of bearing slightly more than a normal share of radiation-induced defective genes.
A value judgment representing society's acceptance of incremental damage to the population gene pool, when weighted by the total of occupationally exposed persons, or rather those of reproductive capacity as involved in Genetically Significant Dose calculation.
A value judgment derived from past experience of the somatic effects of occupational exposure, supplemented by such biomedical and biological experimentation and theory as has relevance. This is now an internationally accepted approach to setting standards for toxic substances when no safe level of the substance exists.
In short, this elaborate philosophy recognises the fact that there is no safe level of exposure to ionising radiation, and the search for quantifying such a safe level is in vain. A permissible level, based on a series of value judgments, must then be set. This is essentially a trade-off of health for some `benefit' -- the worker receives a livelihood, society receives the military `protection' and electrical power is generated. Efforts to implement these permissible standards would then logically include convincing the individual and society that the `permissible' health effects are acceptable. This has come to mean that the most undesirable health effects will be infrequent and in line with health effects caused by other socially acceptable industries. Frequently, however, the worker and/or public is given the impression that these `worst' health effects are the only individual health effects. A second implication of the standards-based-on-value-judgments approach is that unwanted scientific research resulting in public scrutiny of these value judgments must be avoided.
`Basic Radiation Protection Criteria', US National Council on Radiation Protection Report no. 39, pp. 58-60.

there is no safe level of exposure to ionising radiation

A second implication of the standards-based-on-value-judgments approach is that unwanted scientific research resulting in public scrutiny of these value judgments must be avoided.

Is this the way I should think?
As long as the profits outweigh the burden of death, mutation and disease support nuclear.

Most likely someone will want to substitute benefits for profits and that's for later.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join