It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Manning knows ALL the facts - Truth about GZ/Trayvon - Awesome

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Just because he isn't by your definition does not mean that he wasn't.

Depending on what part of the country you are from the definition is different.

Some people use the word Thug synonymous to Punk.

OK, I can actually accept that what people mean is a "punk". Though, I'd probably need a definition of a "punk".

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Looking at some of the posts from the progressives of ATS just further proves that they have zero intent in actually solving the problems facing the black community. Just as Pastor Manning said, the black community has a problem with work ethic, family values and a glorification of the gangster lifestyle.

These progressives will just try to distract us with propaganda....they are not willing to listen to FACT, evidence given in a court of law. Trayvon was a thug, evidence proves he was a thug and because of that attitude he died. Now I am sure the "what about Zimmerman" rhetoric will be used, but lets see some evidence first....tired of listening to opinions of some leftist flunky.

The black community needs MORE PEOPLE LIKE PASTOR MANNING.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Watched the video and LOL...you people who are so scared of black people ate everything he said up!

Tracy and Sabrina were divorced is all I'll say on one point.

Was he aware that George had been disowned by his family and he and his mother hadn't spoken in years? I suppose not, he was too busy sucking up to them.

This guy is a disgrace to the black race.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh hey Mr. Expert on being a thug

A thug in Florida would not have said, "Why are you following me", we don't talk in that manner.

Huh? We don't talk in that manner - so is there a set vocab for a thug?

Trayvon wasn't a saint, but he wasn't built in the manner you portray either. I guess it's the reason more young, black kids will get killed because people like you assume the worst.

He used drugs (and not only smoked pot, but he drank lean to the extent of damaging his liver), had robbery equipment and his mom couldn't deal with this bad behavior. The reason Trayvon died because he was a thug with a thug attitude. Some cracka was following him and Trayvon being a big ole tough guy couldn't handle that so he went back to teach that cracka a lesson.....and yes Trayvon was teaching him a lesson, I guess too well because Zimmerman feared for his life and shot him.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Looking at some of the posts from the progressives of ATS just further proves that they have zero intent in actually solving the problems facing the black community. Just as Pastor Manning said, the black community has a problem with work ethic, family values and a glorification of the gangster lifestyle.

These progressives will just try to distract us with propaganda....they are not willing to listen to FACT, evidence given in a court of law. Trayvon was a thug, evidence proves he was a thug and because of that attitude he died. Now I am sure the "what about Zimmerman" rhetoric will be used, but lets see some evidence first....tired of listening to opinions of some leftist flunky.

The black community needs MORE PEOPLE LIKE PASTOR MANNING.

I bet you would love it if there were more people like Pastor Manning cooning it up for you and yours...LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

you people who are so scared of black people ate everything he said up!

I don't care what the color of your skin is, you look like a thug I am going to treat you like one. Black, white - if you look like your up to no good around my home I am definitely going to be suspecting you. Don't like that then perhaps you need to change your look / attitude.

Like Manning said, go ahead and get mad - he is only telling the truth, telling the black community what problems it has to deal with.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Oh hey Mr. Expert on being a thug

A thug in Florida would not have said, "Why are you following me", we don't talk in that manner.

Huh? We don't talk in that manner - so is there a set vocab for a thug?

Yep, it's how I know George's story is b.s. Just as if I said, a white guy from the burbs jumped me and said, "F azz N ima bust yo head to the white meat"...you would...if you used your knowledge of what preppy white boys talked like, have cried foul.

Trayvon wasn't a saint, but he wasn't built in the manner you portray either. I guess it's the reason more young, black kids will get killed because people like you assume the worst.

He used drugs (and not only smoked pot, but he drank lean to the extent of damaging his liver), had robbery equipment and his mom couldn't deal with this bad behavior. The reason Trayvon died because he was a thug with a thug attitude. Some cracka was following him and Trayvon being a big ole tough guy couldn't handle that so he went back to teach that cracka a lesson.....and yes Trayvon was teaching him a lesson, I guess too well because Zimmerman feared for his life and shot him.

Exactly how many and what type of people use drugs? His robbery equipment was a screw driver and using your ilks example, innocent until proven guilty, and how do we know he was kicked out? There's kicked out and then there's KICKED out. Heck, I was kicked out as a kid for a DAY!

Again you guys watched too many bad 80's movies...no one has time to go teach some cracka a lesson....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for the example of another problem the black community is facing. You see, some blacks seem to feel that if a African American works hard, looks respectable and is successful that he is just "trying to be like the white man" You going to call the Pastor an Uncle Tom next?

It is sad that you are unable to see the truth that he is showing you. That if you wold actually listen things may actually improve in the black community and perhaps others wouldn't have a negative stereotype of blacks. You are feeding into those very stereotypes with your violent behavior.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

you people who are so scared of black people ate everything he said up!

I don't care what the color of your skin is, you look like a thug I am going to treat you like one. Black, white - if you look like your up to no good around my home I am definitely going to be suspecting you. Don't like that then perhaps you need to change your look / attitude.

How do you know what a thug looks like? See what white people are, not racist so much as intolerant of other cultures. Why should someone have to appease YOUR view of what's proper? Perhaps that thug doesn't like YOUR attitude, is yours to just be excused away? Or do you have more rights than that thug?

Like Manning said, go ahead and get mad - he is only telling the truth, telling the black community what problems it has to deal with.

Pastor Manning know what he's doing and what he is...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

rrested MANY times? Arrested once for assaulting policy officer (who was off duty and didn't identify himself as a police officer

And GZ did not identify himself to TM either. Never even said 'I'm the neighborhood watchman/person, etc., never identified himself or asked TM what he was doing, or do you need some help, no.. just followed him, knowing he was up to "no good". And all of this talk about TM being a thug, smoking and fighting.. so what, GZ had no clue about any of that at the time. TM could have been an alter boy for all GZ knew. None of who TM was, was important the night this happened. What was important was what TM was doing in that moment, and we don't know what was in GZ's heart at the time of the shooting, but we do know that GZ was carrying a loaded gun and that he was sick of these punks always getting away with it--

These threads make me so mad. No, it wasn't about race, but I see a lot of racists comments (in most every thread on the topic).

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Dear Cancerwarrior,

I was working through the thread and saw your post expanding on the idea that Christians shouldn't use The Old Testament laws intended for the Jews to bind Christians.

As you point out, using Dueteronomy and Leviticus as the basis to condemn homosexuality is probably a mistake. No problem at all with your basic idea.

But this thread is showing me something else along the line of condemning people. I'm amazed at the hatred shown here towards people. This goes beyond mere dislike or disapproval. We have people spitting mad against the Pastor, Martin, Zimmerman, Martin's parents, and who knows who else? Perhaps the dentist that put the gold in his teeth?

It seems like a hate orgy. A very popular one, based on the response of members, but still it seems an example of "All Hate, All the Time." Forget about racial hatred in America stemming from history. We can't even deal with one Black - "White Hispanic" shooting and move on to trying to find some answers.

One of the problems is that when people get this upset, they can no longer think well, and there's no way down except exhaustion. Small, simple ideas and facts can't even get heard, let alone considered.

There will be no civil trial in Florida. Their laws prohibit that after a jury has found the himicide was justifiable based on self-defense. In a self-defense case involving lethal force, "Who swung first" isn't the deciding factor. Black kids aren't performing as well as Asians or Whites in school. More Black teenagers are unemployed than White teenagers. If there's a murder involving one Black and one White, most often the White is the victim. There are many more simple little facts concerning the family structure in the US, and so on.

These are just facts, they're not judgments, or at least they shouldn't be. Just as a doctor takes note of symptoms, "Hmmm, it seems there's a lot of STD infection symptoms around the mouth," that's just a fact, a way to get to an eventual solution.

There's no sense in trying to say Trayvon was a "thug," unless that can help explain his behavior that night. Can it? I don't know. Maybe. Certainly it's worth exploring by people who understand that kind of behavior, or "culture," or whatever we want to call it.

Or should we wait a year or two and see if we can discuss it calmly then? No? How about a generation? No? How about adding it to slavery as one more event that people can be rageful about until the end of time? I suspect many here think that's a great idea.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Simple thugs have little or no respect for most people / generally have little or no education. They really don't have any employment / usually on the government dime so they have all the time in the world. Look at a thug in the wrong way / do something they don't like and they will have to teach you some "RESPECT"

Been there, had to deal with it. It isn't some movie, it is reality.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hey, thanks for the example of another problem the black community is facing. You see, some blacks seem to feel that if a African American works hard, looks respectable and is successful that he is just "trying to be like the white man" You going to call the Pastor an Uncle Tom next?

It is sad that you are unable to see the truth that he is showing you. That if you wold actually listen things may actually improve in the black community and perhaps others wouldn't have a negative stereotype of blacks. You are feeding into those very stereotypes with your violent behavior.

I never said such things...you did. I value hard work...looks respectable in who's eyes? Are your and people of your mindset the only eyes who matter? I've already called him a Tom and a coon. I may need post that other video I saw of him where he was telling black people we had better be scared of these white people

I see him for exactly what he is. He's the black guy who would slap books out of the other slaves hands and say, "You better put down those there books...you know massa don't want us reading."

And you're the type who would have applauded him for this, patted him on the head and gave him a job in the HOUSE where his job was to tell on the other slaves. LOL!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Simple thugs have little or no respect for most people / generally have little or no education. They really don't have any employment / usually on the government dime so they have all the time in the world. Look at a thug in the wrong way / do something they don't like and they will have to teach you some "RESPECT"

Been there, had to deal with it. It isn't some movie, it is reality.

Alright you win...enjoy your ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
Laying on your back lookin at the roof of the church
Preacher telling the truth and it hurts-DMX
edit on 24-7-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

More like the preacher was saying what some of you want to hear

YouTube some of his other 'sermons', and likely won't be as enthralled with him.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by pstrron
It would have been nice if there had been some of the speech in writing, not everyone can view YouTube. It's blocked over here where I live. OP's that use YouTube need to be mindful of those that cannot view the videos.

Where you live ? North Korea ?

he cant view it because he is a bot.

there's one of these in every thread...."can someone explain the video for me i cant view it because ___________ "

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I was working through the thread and saw your post expanding on the idea that Christians shouldn't use The Old Testament laws intended for the Jews to bind Christians. As you point out, using Dueteronomy and Leviticus as the basis to condemn homosexuality is probably a mistake. No problem at all with your basic idea.

I'll never forget a long time ago when my old roommate was opening up his tattoo shop. He got a tattoo of this on his stomach.

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

His jaw hit the ground when I showed him that the previous chapter in the very same book also forbids tattoos.

One of the problems is that when people get this upset, they can no longer think well, and there's no way down except exhaustion. Small, simple ideas and facts can't even get heard, let alone considered.

Your post sir, is probably the only one in the last several pages that is NOT an emotionally charged stab at "whitey" or "blacky". You remind me of how ATS used to be back in the good old days. When I first started coming to ATS I always felt like I was around my much smarter and wiser older brothers. Now most of the time it feels like I am hanging around with spoiled little kids that need Ritalin.

Black kids aren't performing as well as Asians or Whites in school. More Black teenagers are unemployed than White teenagers. If there's a murder involving one Black and one White, most often the White is the victim. There are many more simple little facts concerning the family structure in the US, and so on.

Yes these are facts. Unfortunately if you confront a black person with the fact that there are vast disparities with the crime rates between black men and whites compared to their percentage of the population, then you are usually called a racist even though there are many crime statistic websites that say as much. 73 percent of all black children today are born out of wedlock.

Personally, I think that number is far higher but that is still 3 out of 4 kids. That is a LOT of kids growing up with a very poor family structure and home life. There seem to be many members of the black community that point the finger at everyone else but themselves for the way they are. The black people around where I live are amazingly racist. Especially to each other. The ones that are really dark hate the ones who are lighter skinned. The poor ones hate the ones that have money. And the black girls hate any black guy they see dating a white girl.

Yet if you ask them why that is, they genuinely think there is nothing racist in it. Many of them really and truly believe that racism is defined solely as a white man hating a black man, never realizing that they themselves are practicing the very same behaviour.

There's no sense in trying to say Trayvon was a "thug," unless that can help explain his behavior that night. Can it? I don't know. Maybe. Certainly it's worth exploring by people who understand that kind of behavior, or "culture," or whatever we want to call it.

Actually, I believe his "thuggines" is what got him killed. And to many blacks, its a noble thing to be "thugged out".

I used to work with this black girl who asked me one time if I knew of any decent black guys she could go out with. I asked her what her type was, know what she said? "I want a thug." And that's not just an isolated one time incident. I've seen several black girls (and even some white ones) say that same thing.

Or should we wait a year or two and see if we can discuss it calmly then? No? How about a generation? No? How about adding it to slavery as one more event that people can be rageful about until the end of time? I suspect many here think that's a great idea.

It will never be able to be discussed calmly. Especially not on a website like ATS. I have noticed that the more time goes on, the more people respond aggressively to criticism of any kind no matter how severe or mild it is.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You people are HILARIOUS!

What do you mean "YOU PEOPLE"? (sorry, I could'nt resist!)

No, he would have said, "Who you is?". Its good to have you as a resident "thug" expert on ATS.

See you guys are sooooo far off I can't help but laugh.

Well that's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever heard it. (ironic, don't you think?)

Must I post links to what thugs in Florida look like and do?

No thanks, I've seen enough pictures of Trayvon to last a lifetime.

OK, I can actually accept that what people mean is a "punk". Though, I'd probably need a definition of a "punk".

A "punk" is what black folks call a gay black man. As the ATS resident thug expert, I thought you would know this. It can also be a white guy (usually english) that listens to fast paced music.

Watched the video and LOL...you people who are so scared of black people ate everything he said up!

Or maybe people just you know, happen to agree with everything he said?

For what? Telling the facts and not spewing the same racist garbage as Al, Jesse, and the rest of those idiots. Listening to people like the reverend give me hope that one day the black community will get its act together and quit blaming white people for the way they act. Unlike every post you seem to make in this thread.

Again you guys watched too many bad 80's movies...no one has time to go teach some cracka a lesson....

You know, I never understood this term. How is calling somebody white supposed to be offensive?

If somebody says to me, "Hey cracka, you so white you look like a cracka!"

I'll just be like....."OK"

Since you keep ignoring all of the more intelligent questions on this thread you make it clear that you can only respond to easy posts with no reason or logic whatsoever. Just the "tribal" mentality charged with raw emotion.

And also, I am still waiting to hear what I am "entitled" to for being white. Is it a puppy? I hope its a puppy.

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.

I guess ol Bill just hates himself too, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysistrata
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Best to do your homework before making false accusations - same goes for you're disparaging comments against GZ. Do your homework and you will see that he's NOT a criminal...........

I did do my homework as far as Zimmerman's background goes:

But thanks to Florida’s incredible sunshine laws, we know a few relevant things about Zimmerman.

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.

We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children.

WaPo: Zimmerman's dodgy past

George Zimmerman’s attorney didn’t want the damaging statement of “Witness 9” released. With good reason. From when he was 8 years old until he was 18, the killer of Trayvon Martin allegedly molested a female relative two years younger than he.

WaPo: more on Zimmerman's dodgy past

As for the picture you provided of the bad reverend before his flock, that may well be from this particular sermon, but I don't know for sure. Like I said, I gave up listening to this bile-spewing, hateful creep when he called Trayvon Martin a bug at about 3:10 into the video. I'm not about to watch more to see if an audience is shown.

I will tell you this: I've never heard of a minister talking so badly of a teenager who was killed under sketchy circumstances. I doubt gang members who have killed people, pimped women and sold drugs get this kind of treatment from ministers.

You claim I didn't do my homework, and that I made false accusations about Zimmerman, yet I provided sources for what I said. And from this thread, it seems to be just fine to make unsubstantiated claims against a dead teenager.

There are people here saying that Martin looked like a thug, and so got what he deserved. What exactly does a thug look like? Is it a young black man in a sweatshirt with a hood?

This creep George Zimmerman has gotten off scott free and yet there are all these ATS'ers chiming in here about what a thug and a bad person Martin was, and that he got what he deserved. Listen to yourselves, people. Your poster boy for killing "darkies" was found innocent. Can't you just leave it there, rather than having to heap hate and accusations upon this dead teenager. There are some real pieces of work here at ATS.
edit on 25-7-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

What intelligent retorts am I ignoring? I can go through and pick them apart one at a time if I get the time.

Bill Cosby and many other successful black people are enstranged from the general black populace. Thing is, I know this because I'VE been there. I've been that successful black who suddenly looks back with my head in the air and look down my nose at other black people. It was something I went through in my life.

I've been that judgemental guy, looking at the other black guy with the tattoos, saggy jeans and dreads and thinking he's a piece of crap. Until I talk to that guy and he puts me in check and informs me/shows me he actually has a law degree. Same thing for the crazy black woman I thought was stupid and actually she has a Phd.

I've also been on the opposite end of the spectrum where I was selling dope and shooting people. Living in the midst of Babylon and assimilating.

It's why I know that what America really has isn't so much about race, it's about culture. As evident by some posts in this thread where someone (perhaps you) made the statement of looking presentable. My question is, "In who's eyes?" Most American's are really intolerant of ANY culture which challenges their norm.

Look at the employers of today. Many companies are instituting policies to keep people (mostly black) who have tattoos, piercings, dreads, etc from working at their establishment.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join