It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Manning knows ALL the facts - Truth about GZ/Trayvon - Awesome

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

Here is a few to get you started

I think not. I am not even going to entertain those videos.

If you read back a couple of pages you will see that I mentioned that there were going to be those that attack the good reverend because they refuse to accept the facts.

I couldn't help but notice that you are one of those individuals I spoke of.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Now that is a church I would attend,. Amen Brotha
If only more would see the light,.
the 'R" could be removed form the equation

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by DZAG Wright

when they come to you for a job and you look down your nose at them what do you believe they're going to do?

First of all I do not look down my nose at anyone.
Secondly, the application I give to applicants does NOT contain the question " Have you ever been convicted of a felony?". Although I am required by law to run a criminal background check on potential new hires for certain positions, I do not allow that to persuade my decision.

Excuse me sir/ma'am, you just severely looked down your nose at people who's attire you don't agree with. Is it necessary to post what you said?

Perhaps you wish/believe they will continuously beg you for a job until they die

I wish for no such thing for any manor woman. If they are Not suited for the work then it really doesn't matter how much they beg, there will always be nothing available.

ask yourself is that not a form of discrimination based on white culture.

Absolutely not. Your statement suggests that ONLY a "white" culture would discriminate based on looks. That is actually the farthest thing from the truth. It is a matter of what falls outside of the "Social Norm". It has not only been deemed unacceptable in "White"/American culture but also Many Many other cultures throughout the world.

So what about a persons dress or tatts makes them unsuitable for a job with you? Perhaps it is your customers who should be educated that it is not wise to judge a person on outward appearances? So basically, YOUR social norm has been set by "White/American" culture? That same culture has to an extent infected much of the world since America is the world power, and yet cultures are beginning to push back. With the emergence and popularity of some sub-cultures, some white Americans are losing their minds with anger. They realize everyone isn't kissing the white cultures azz and this is a GREAT threat. I'm realizing most racism isn't so much black/white, it's about culture.

I thought we were a free people?

Certainly we are a free people. More so than many other countries, but as I explained at this point in world history there is no place for self-expression if it interferes with others.

Again I ask, how can expressing yourself interfere with someone else? I mean the mantra of the Conservative is self...yet when it comes to this subject...strangely those on the Right want everything in uniform?

You're probably on the right side of the political spectrum and bash liberals

I bash no one for his or her political views. That is there freedom of choice. I may not agree with what they say 100 % of the time, but that doesn't mean that I am not open to debate on their views.

As far as liberals and conservative go .. . I guess you could say that I am on both sides of that fence.

When I buy parts for my car I Conservatively purchase the cheapest parts Without the lifetime warranty.
When I make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich I apply the jelly in Liberal amounts as to damn near make a Soup Sandwich.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeThreeThree

I'll kill your real life example with one little thing:

If every person in America graduated college with a 4.0...we will still have to choose losers right? Reason being we don't have enough work IF everyone wanted too and qualified to work. About half of those qualified people would have to be unemployed or salting fries.

This means that our country depends upon having a large portion of our population as "leeches". This nullifies the argument that anyone who works for "it" can achieve, because that is a lie. A large portion of our populace are lazy (perhaps) but even if they weren't...we don't have work for them any way.

So instead of saying these people are leeches and lazy etc., we should admit the ugly truth that our country never gave up slave labor or slaves, just moved the goal posts.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

There is no need to twist what I said.

I in fact do Not look down my nose at anyone.

If they are not able to conform to stands then their ass is out the door. It is what is socially acceptable. it is what society dictates. You will never be able to convince me that I think lesser of anyone because of society so you might as well pitch that on the AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN PILE.

I have brought allot of money into my community and have employed many people. I donate to homeless shelters, battered women shelters and animal shelters. You are going to have an exceedingly hard time convincing me that I look down on anyone.

Again I ask, how can expressing yourself interfere with someone else?

Very simple. If I hire someone with tattoos on their face or a dozen piercings on their forehead customers will perceive that in a bad light. It will reduce potential sales and that directly affects me. That is just how society operates. It has Nothing to do with "White Culture".

Now, before you start repeating yourself like a broken record, tell me what you think can be done to change the "White Cultures" view of Everyone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

There is no need to twist what I said.

I in fact do Not look down my nose at anyone.

If they are not able to conform to stands then their ass is out the door. It is what is socially acceptable. it is what society dictates. You will never be able to convince me that I think lesser of anyone because of society so you might as well pitch that on the AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN PILE.

I have brought allot of money into my community and have employed many people. I donate to homeless shelters, battered women shelters and animal shelters. You are going to have an exceedingly hard time convincing me that I look down on anyone.

Again I ask, how can expressing yourself interfere with someone else?

Very simple. If I hire someone with tattoos on their face or a dozen piercings on their forehead customers will perceive that in a bad light. It will reduce potential sales and that directly affects me. That is just how society operates. It has Nothing to do with "White Culture".

Now, before you start repeating yourself like a broken record, tell me what you think can be done to change the "White Cultures" view of Everyone else.

So what do you think social acceptability is........................BINGO....cultural intolerance is the answer!

If I can't convince you of your "looking down" on someone who's culture is different than your accepted norm so be it. However from the tone of your post I'd say you are analyzing what has been suggested...fair enough.

I ask, not so much you but anyone reading, how can someone having tattoos or piercings affect your customers? The only way that can happen is if your customers subscribe to cultural intolerance and a form of bigotry and prejudice.

The racist of years past left us with a legacy which is still in effect. Times were changing and racism was becoming an ugly thing to be labeled. What they did was hammer into our heads an image of what's acceptable. Anyone who didn't meet that standard was to be ostracized and thus forced to dwell on the outskirts of society. I mean consider for a moment, we are using a standard which was implemented in the 30's to 50's. That alone should tell you the standard would exclude many ethnicities.

Look at sports, football in particular. Any athlete who dares to be flamboyant after scoring a touchdown and celebrate is vilified. White America is accustomed to "someone acting as if you've been there before". Simply because white people aren't accustomed to rubbing it in an opponents face apparently or can't dance (in their minds).

To change the white culture requirement, I believe culture intolerance needs to be added to the Civil Rights Act. Make it illegal and thus enabling people to actually see what is happening and how wrong it is. We should hire people on whether they can DO the job and what they look like. Judging by appearance places us on a very slippery slope.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You are in danger of seeming a little racist. The past conversation has only been about "White Culture". How about the "Black Culture"? How about the "Native American Culture"? How about the "Mexican American Culture"? You make it all sound like the "White Culture" is the problem.

So instead of blaming the "White Culture" each culture needs to accept responsibility.

Maybe we should discuss what the "Black Culture" can bring to the table. It has just as big an acceptability issue as any other culture.

edit on 25-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The definition of culture
The total of the inherited ideas, beliefs, values and knowledge

which constitute the shared basis of social action.

All personal attributes which are a personal part of a person ...and not an obvious

'in your face statement' ... I have yet to see a 'person' who was born with tattoo's and

piercings to define them as an individual

Choices
The power and liberty to choose
So one makes the personal choice

to look 'outrageous' (tattoo's piercings hair clothes etc.) and therefor limit their

employability ... BECAUSE the prospective employer has choices too

In life we all have to make compromises sometimes. If you wish to be deliberately 'outlandish'

and a 'one off' you will need to do it in your own time If someone is paying you to do a

particular job and conform to the majority ... cover your tattoos and remove your piercings

when attending an interview and whilst working?? because "He that pays the piper calls

the tune"

# To be a 'model' or 'air attendant' you need to be a certain height and weight??

# You can't be 'puny' if you wish to be a body guard??

# Who would have confidence in a dentist with a mouth full of 'metal' or rotten teeth??

# Or a pilot covered in tattoos and piercings wearing 'gangland' type clothes??

# Or a lawyer chewing gum feet up on the desk grubby and unkempt?? etc...etc...

# AND COLOUR HASN'T COME INTO ANYTHING I'VE SAID

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join