It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Manning knows ALL the facts - Truth about GZ/Trayvon - Awesome

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

What intelligent retorts am I ignoring? I can go through and pick them apart one at a time if I get the time.

Several in the 10 pages of this thread, funny how you only seem to have the time to answer the easy ones. Or the ones you can just point a finger and say "scared whitey".

I've been that judgemental guy, looking at the other black guy with the tattoos, saggy jeans and dreads and thinking he's a piece of crap. Until I talk to that guy and he puts me in check and informs me/shows me he actually has a law degree. Same thing for the crazy black woman I thought was stupid and actually she has a Phd.

You can have a higher education and still be quite stupid, and vice versa.

Basically, what you seem to be saying is that if a black person picks themselves up and tries to be a decent productive member of society, he looks down on others of his skin color who don't do the same.

Newsflash: Thats not a black thing. Its a human thing. Ever heard the term "white trash" before?

I've also been on the opposite end of the spectrum where I was selling dope and shooting people. Living in the midst of Babylon and assimilating.

Then you of all people, should realize that young black men have much more to fear from other young black men than you do "whitey".

It's why I know that what America really has isn't so much about race, it's about culture. As evident by some posts in this thread where someone (perhaps you) made the statement of looking presentable. My question is, "In who's eyes?" Most American's are really intolerant of ANY culture which challenges their norm.

I've seen white people dressed like slobs too. So to me, its really neither. A slouch who takes no pride in his appearance has no pride in himself. No matter the color of their skin.

And I don't know how much you have traveled around the U.S. but there is literally hundreds of cultures, all different, but all American also. So this "white" culture you speak of exists in so many forms you can't really say the "white" culture is being all the same culture.

Look at the employers of today. Many companies are instituting policies to keep people (mostly black) who have tattoos, piercings, dreads, etc from working at their establishment.

And I agree with them.

If I am an employer and I am interviewing a black guy (or a white guy for that matter) and his pants are around his buttcrack, his face is full of needles and his hair is full of mayonnaise and eggs, and he's talking like he is in a JayZ video, I would drop that resume straight in the trash can no matter how many degrees he has. The guy obviously has no pride in himself and he will have no pride in the job I want to offer him.

Just look at pictures of people 50 years ago. You will be hard pressed to find anyone dressed like slobs or sluts. Which is how a good majority of the population (all colors) dresses today.

And on a side note:

The lumbermill I used to work at got major tax breaks at the end of their fiscal year according to the more "minorities" they have employed relative to the population. The parish I live in is nearly 70 percent black. So they are REWARDED for having 70 percent of their workforce being black. There are many manufacturing companies that have the same practices. Would you say this is "fair for all"? Are blacks really a "minority" if where they live they outnumber everyone else?

So being black and living here, you have a much better chance at getting a job at a place like this than a white person does. So please, enough of the "employers won't hire blacks because they are blacks" violin song.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Many companies are instituting policies to keep people (mostly black) who have tattoos, piercings, dreads, etc from working at their establishment.

As an employer I do this very same thing. It is Not discrimination, it is about Representation. I refuse to hire anyone who appears as though they are going to scare off the clientele. AND, it has absolutely Nothing to with ONLY blacks. Apparently you have not looked at the "White" populous good enough because they are making those exact personal statements with piercings, tattoos, and dreads. It is Not Only "You Black People" it is also "Them White People" as well.

That is my choice as an employer to employ only those that are clean cut and neat in appearance. If I am going to pay some damn good wages I am going get what I pay for. No Exceptions.

When you go to the store to make a purchase do you settle for a package that is torn, or tattered. or in substandard condition? Sure you Don't. No one wants that package. That is why you will find it eventually on a mark downs shelf somewhere. That will give it a little more appeal and maybe it will sell then.

I don't have a mark downs shelf and I refuse to lower my standards. Especially when it represents Me.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
4 or 5 years ago Pastor Manning was a punchline. A total joke.
He would say anything for press. He was ridiculed.
Now he agrees with a few of you on here, he is BRAVE and CORRECT on every issue.

I suggest many of you hit the youtube and look up your buddy pastor Manning..
Because this thread is embarrassing. Not a chance he has changed, just his way to get press has changed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
4 or 5 years ago Pastor Manning was a punchline. A total joke.
He would say anything for press. He was ridiculed.
Now he agrees with a few of you on here, he is BRAVE and CORRECT on every issue.

I suggest many of you hit the youtube and look up your buddy pastor Manning..
Because this thread is embarrassing. Not a chance he has changed, just his way to get press has changed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

This is really not about who he is. It is about his message.

He talks about the facts in this video. The same facts that most people are trying to convey to the others that believe George is a Racist and that Trayvon was an Innocent Child.

You may think he is a joke, but for the rest of us, his message was received quite well.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks Rev. Manning. It is important that a black man get up and diffuse this tempest in a teapot created by the zionist tabloid "The New York Times". It is the human condition to let emotion overrule facts.Manning is absolutely spot on in his analysis and it takes courage for him to say what he did. He alludes to those scumbags like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. For those who think Sharpton is a saint check this out;
www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cayrichard

Wow. Al looks a lot older than 58 in those pics.
Maybe it is because of the age the GF that he looks so old next to her.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Impressive!!

S+F

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cayrichard
Thanks Rev. Manning. It is important that a black man get up and diffuse this tempest in a teapot created by the zionist tabloid "The New York Times". It is the human condition to let emotion overrule facts.Manning is absolutely spot on in his analysis and it takes courage for him to say what he did. He alludes to those scumbags like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. For those who think Sharpton is a saint check this out;
www.theblaze.com...

How exactly was this tempest created by the New York Times? It was created by a group of "civil rights leaders" who needed to create a volatile issue, around which they could generate additional face time (which leads to additional income opportunities).

Aside from that...what is the purpose of slipping the word "zionist" into your post? From my perspective, inserting an inflammatory descriptor like that just detracts from your overall message.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Several in the 10 pages of this thread, funny how you only seem to have the time to answer the easy ones. Or the ones you can just point a finger and say "scared whitey".

Really hadn't time to go in too deep, not that I'm avoiding anything....LOL...there hasn't been anything to ignore! I can break down and embarrass any point you attempt to make.

You can have a higher education and still be quite stupid, and vice versa.

Basically, what you seem to be saying is that if a black person picks themselves up and tries to be a decent productive member of society, he looks down on others of his skin color who don't do the same.

Newsflash: Thats not a black thing. Its a human thing. Ever heard the term "white trash" before?

Yes it is a human thing. Though, since white culture is the dominant culture it's easier for black people to be outside of the accepted cultural norm.

Then you of all people, should realize that young black men have much more to fear from other young black men than you do "whitey".

This I know, and I'm sure Trayvon knew. It's why he (if he was a thug) wouldn't have paid any attention to George.

I've seen white people dressed like slobs too. So to me, its really neither. A slouch who takes no pride in his appearance has no pride in himself. No matter the color of their skin.

LMAO! Who are you or anyone else to declare someones dress code slouchy or unacceptable? There's your problem right there in your face! And I'd bet you accuse liberals of wanting to control everyone and make everything monotonous lol.

And I don't know how much you have traveled around the U.S. but there is literally hundreds of cultures, all different, but all American also. So this "white" culture you speak of exists in so many forms you can't really say the "white" culture is being all the same culture.

I'm pretty well traveled if I must say so. The one consistency with white culture is it really disagrees with black, hispanic and other cultures.

And I agree with them.

If I am an employer and I am interviewing a black guy (or a white guy for that matter) and his pants are around his buttcrack, his face is full of needles and his hair is full of mayonnaise and eggs, and he's talking like he is in a JayZ video, I would drop that resume straight in the trash can no matter how many degrees he has. The guy obviously has no pride in himself and he will have no pride in the job I want to offer him.

So now pride is gauged by appearance? What about someone who just naturally looks different, perhaps handicapped or disfigured? The discrimination is right there in your face, it isn't race, it's culture. It's why I think another discrimination need be added to the Civil Rights Act, one which inludes Cultural discrimination.

Just look at pictures of people 50 years ago. You will be hard pressed to find anyone dressed like slobs or sluts. Which is how a good majority of the population (all colors) dresses today.

50 years ago, white culture REALLY was the only option. Of course they all looked alike. Newsflash...there are more cultures expressing themselves in America in 2013 than 50 years ago. This is really what irks many...

And on a side note:

The lumbermill I used to work at got major tax breaks at the end of their fiscal year according to the more "minorities" they have employed relative to the population. The parish I live in is nearly 70 percent black. So they are REWARDED for having 70 percent of their workforce being black. There are many manufacturing companies that have the same practices. Would you say this is "fair for all"? Are blacks really a "minority" if where they live they outnumber everyone else?

I believe you have half-azzed information here because it doesn't make sense. If it were true, in the name of captitalism, EVERY company would take advantage of that tax break. So here you are repeating some garbage the other disgruntled people in your parish are running with.

So being black and living here, you have a much better chance at getting a job at a place like this than a white person does. So please, enough of the "employers won't hire blacks because they are blacks" violin song.

You just countered your point by stating you don't believe those of a different culture than your "white" culture should be hired above.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Many companies are instituting policies to keep people (mostly black) who have tattoos, piercings, dreads, etc from working at their establishment.

As an employer I do this very same thing. It is Not discrimination, it is about Representation. I refuse to hire anyone who appears as though they are going to scare off the clientele. AND, it has absolutely Nothing to with ONLY blacks. Apparently you have not looked at the "White" populous good enough because they are making those exact personal statements with piercings, tattoos, and dreads. It is Not Only "You Black People" it is also "Them White People" as well.

That is my choice as an employer to employ only those that are clean cut and neat in appearance. If I am going to pay some damn good wages I am going get what I pay for. No Exceptions.

When you go to the store to make a purchase do you settle for a package that is torn, or tattered. or in substandard condition? Sure you Don't. No one wants that package. That is why you will find it eventually on a mark downs shelf somewhere. That will give it a little more appeal and maybe it will sell then.

I don't have a mark downs shelf and I refuse to lower my standards. Especially when it represents Me.

So why is it, that persons culture would scare off a client? Is it because that client is culturally intolerant?

It is your choice as a employer to only employ people you deem as clean cut and it's peoples choice to say F your employment, I will be a criminal or ride welfare.

See how you are smiting your own face? You probably cry about people on welfare and criminals, yet your practice encourages it.

I thought it was a smart practice to not judge a book by its culture, apparently it's all lip service? You never know what you are getting or missing out on.

I've begun the process of attempting to have cultural intolerance added to the Civil Rights...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You really should learn to use the "quote" feature. It makes things so much easier to read.

Once again, instead of trying to refute points with reason and logic, you just play the "whitey is bad" card.

Carry on, your ignorance level and victimization at the hands of "white culture" (whatever the hell that is) are astounding.

No need to reply back, I see intelligent conversation is not one of your strong suits.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with "Culture".

It is deemed as what is acceptable. While I am paying for it I am going to get what I want.

It does absolutely Nothing to encourage Welfare Recipients or Crime for that matter.

You must be serious deluded if you think such a thing. Those people were already committing crimes and collecting welfare many many years before I ever came along.

Looks / Culture shouldn't matter if you are looking for a date. Though it does matter in the progression of business.

Someone making a statement by marking themselves up with tattoos, or piercings is making a statement about authority Not culture. The statement is that they are Non conformists who will do as they please and no one will tell them differently. I am O.K. with that. I am just not going to pay someone to be making those personal statements on my dime.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with "Culture".

It is deemed as what is acceptable. While I am paying for it I am going to get what I want.

It does absolutely Nothing to encourage Welfare Recipients or Crime for that matter.

You must be serious deluded if you think such a thing. Those people were already committing crimes and collecting welfare many many years before I ever came along.

Looks / Culture shouldn't matter if you are looking for a date. Though it does matter in the progression of business.

Someone making a statement by marking themselves up with tattoos, or piercings is making a statement about authority Not culture. The statement is that they are Non conformists who will do as they please and no one will tell them differently. I am O.K. with that. I am just not going to pay someone to be making those personal statements on my dime.

What you are having a problem with is culture...

You can't see the connection with people such as yourself, employers, refusing to hire certain individuals and their dependence upon welfare or crime? Perhaps this will help you? When people aren't accepted for jobs, they don't just cease to exist...how do you expect these people to eat and survive?

Even if they were already committing crimes...when they come to you for a job and you look down your nose at them what do you believe they're going to do? Perhaps you wish/believe they will continuously beg you for a job until they die, but unfortunately that isn't what happens.

Why does looks matter when it comes to business? Take a moment and come up with the answer and then ask yourself is that not a form of discrimination based on white culture.

Notice how you still believe tattoos and piercings a statement on authority? I thought we were a free people? You're probably on the right side of the political spectrum and bash liberals for trying to conform and control everyone. Observe what you advocate?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

when they come to you for a job and you look down your nose at them what do you believe they're going to do?

First of all I do not look down my nose at anyone.
Secondly, the application I give to applicants does NOT contain the question " Have you ever been convicted of a felony?". Although I am required by law to run a criminal background check on potential new hires for certain positions, I do not allow that to persuade my decision.

Perhaps you wish/believe they will continuously beg you for a job until they die

I wish for no such thing for any manor woman. If they are Not suited for the work then it really doesn't matter how much they beg, there will always be nothing available.

ask yourself is that not a form of discrimination based on white culture.

Absolutely not. Your statement suggests that ONLY a "white" culture would discriminate based on looks. That is actually the farthest thing from the truth. It is a matter of what falls outside of the "Social Norm". It has not only been deemed unacceptable in "White"/American culture but also Many Many other cultures throughout the world.

I thought we were a free people?

Certainly we are a free people. More so than many other countries, but as I explained at this point in world history there is no place for self-expression if it interferes with others.

You're probably on the right side of the political spectrum and bash liberals

I bash no one for his or her political views. That is there freedom of choice. I may not agree with what they say 100 % of the time, but that doesn't mean that I am not open to debate on their views.

As far as liberals and conservative go .. . I guess you could say that I am on both sides of that fence.

When I buy parts for my car I Conservatively purchase the cheapest parts Without the lifetime warranty.
When I make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich I apply the jelly in Liberal amounts as to damn near make a Soup Sandwich.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wrighthow do you expect these people to eat and survive?
Employers are not responsible for another persons financial well being. It is the sole responsibility of the person to make there own way. (with that said - as a nation there is a benefit to helping others within our nation [and society /world as a whole), but thats not the point).

So many excuses and vicitm statements from you, but its also very common within the black community to blame others on there lack of success. Its common in general for unsuccessful peopel to blame other people or circumstances, just that the black community happens to blame "whitey" for it. Get over it.

Until a person get out of victim mentality the chances for success is pretty slim.

I have more than just a few (more than 3) friends that are black/brown that grew up in the ghetto and poor areas. None have a job, none have college education, and all of them make in a month what the average American makes in a year.

Thats actually being conservative because I know atleast one of them made that in 1 single day (profit). Imagine making an entires year income of the average American in 1 day for some consecutive days in a week, LOL..

Maybe you know what its like to make that type of money, but most people do not know what its like to put around 30k + in they're bank in a single day for about half a week straight.

These are personal friends I can call anytime and have a drink.. This is not including other black and brown associates I know that do this as well. If you include them I know over a dozen.

These guys came up from NOTHING. And had all the "disadvantages" you mention...

Poor, some single family parents, with no college education, MADE THERE OWN WAY. They are all entreprenures that had NO CHOICE but to make it themselves. This is not just a black thing, but since you're making it racial I'm including only black and brown friends of mine that made it. I know whites as well obviously, but blacks and browns I happen to know more of actually (how ironic).

It makes me proud to see (any race) come up from nothing and make there first million all with out a job or doing anything illegal. I have more than just a few friends that are black that barely had a few hundred in there bank acct just a little over a year ago, and now they are stacked wit ha few hundred g's to 1 million +. Some of my friends were so poor they had no money at all and had to borrow money, yet now they are "ballers". Depends how you want to define that, but as I said....

I know more than just a few black and brown friends of mine making 30k+ a month (thats actually conservative on the low end and would be considered a terrible month). Did I mention all of them are in there low-mid 20s? Young guys getting money, no matter what race, I love it!

It has little to do with color.

The question is, HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

edit on 25-7-2013 by ThreeThreeThree because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2013 by ThreeThreeThree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Taggart

Ok, 'HIs Message'

Guy smokes weed - ooooohhhh SO evil.. He should DIE
Guy has no father - he's SO evil.. HE should DIE
Guy was kicked out of School - so evil, he SHould Die.
Momma kicked him out - Deserves to die?

Where the part where he says ''Trayvon martin never killed anyone''
There is a victim here and its not Zimmerman Despite being acquitted he is no hero for 'getting another bad guy off the streets''.

I agree Zimmerman HAD TO BE acquitted doesn't mean I agree with this sideshow..

Also as for the 'its not the person its the message' , I'll remember this next time Alex Jones or Jesse Ventura's names come up.

I think you need to look more closely at Pastor manning like I said.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is a few to get you started

/Thread

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart

reply to post by Taggart

Ok, 'HIs Message'

Guy smokes weed - ooooohhhh SO evil.. He should DIE
Guy has no father - he's SO evil.. HE should DIE
Guy was kicked out of School - so evil, he SHould Die.
Momma kicked him out - Deserves to die?

Where the part where he says ''Trayvon martin never killed anyone''
There is a victim here and its not Zimmerman Despite being acquitted he is no hero for 'getting another bad guy off the streets''.

I agree Zimmerman HAD TO BE acquitted doesn't mean I agree with this sideshow..

Also as for the 'its not the person its the message' , I'll remember this next time Alex Jones or Jesse Ventura's names come up.

I think you need to look more closely at Pastor manning like I said.

It appears you and the Thug Expert don't understand at all.

The message isn't that he should have died, he is trying to explain that the problems facing the black community resulted in the death of Trayvon.

and yes, when you look towards anyone to solve your problems you usually end up being disappointed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

I think maybe you forgot to put on your thinking cap today.

Never mind that, I will let it slide.

My point was that all of the minorities are screaming racism this and murdered an innocent child that and a whole list of other garbage.

For that particular message to be delivered by a black man speaks mountains. I don't care who he is. What I do care about is that he is the first minority I have heard speak on the subject that didn't say George Zimmerman was a racist, or that he murdered a poor helpless innocent child. In addition he makes light of Trayvon’s character that the minorities refuse to acknowledge.

I am not saying that someone who partakes in extracurricular smoking activities should be murdered and I am not saying that because he was kicked out of school that he should die.

What I am saying is that because of this message maybe the minority might see things a little differently and stop thinking that a White man Murdered a poor helpless innocent black child through an act of racism.

P.S. ... Neither Jesses Ventura nor Alex Jones has ever delivered a message that was worth a pot to pi$$ in. So to throw that into the argument is about as useless as T@Ts on a boar.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join