It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wonder if the angry TM supporters are actually aware of this part of the evidence:

After being told by 911 dispatch to stop following, Zimmerman went back to his truck. He lost sight of Martin. At this point Trayvon was safe, he was home free. All he had to do was walk/run to his house if he was really scared.
Hell, if I even remember correctly, one of the people that testified said that TM was already close to his house.

Instead, 4 minutes later he picks a fist fight with Zimmerman and ends up getting shot.

So if you know this evidence, do you still think it was Zimmerman that initiated the physical confrontation?

And even after all this, if you still aren't sure about who started the fight, at least it gives you more doubt if it really was Zimmerman,
and that's all the defense needed to win this case.

Of course the biased media somehow ignores those facts and just boils it down as:
An armed Zimmerman followed a young innocent black kid and killed him. They don't even mention the fact that that "innocent" kid was
beating the crap out of Zimmerman.
edit on 14-7-2013 by JavFPR1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Does that give me a right to approach random strangers?

If I ever did that I should get my a$! Beat as Zimmerman did. Only difference is I wouldn't pull my firearm out and murder someone for my mistake.

I see your point of not being proactive. You could also do something you do not see as such but someone else does.

That said, if you are willing to be beat up while carrying a firearm, which may mean the attacker gains control of your firearm, leave it at home. That just gives the attacker the chance to take it, kill you or use it later.

edit on 7/14/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Funny, I thought I was the only one noticing the digression of the human race.

It seems that old age not only brings wisdom but you can't help but notice the extreme change in human nature.

Do I have to say "not for the better" or do you get my point?

As far as Society is concerned, it's all downhill from here. Social media proves that point out amply.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JavFPR1
Of course the biased media somehow ignores those facts and just boils it down as:
An armed Zimmerman followed a young innocent black kid and killed him. They don't even mention the fact that that "innocent" kid was

True, and they also forgot to mention that TM was involved in streetfighting, selling guns, druguse theft and much more - there never was an innocent 17 year old kid in this trial - just a upcoming thug that in sight would have ended up killing alot of other blacks - black panther and Al Sharpton should salute GZ

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I wonder if the angry TM supporters are actually aware of this part of the evidence:

After being told by 911 dispatch to stop following, Zimmerman went back to his truck. He lost sight of Martin. At this point Trayvon was safe, he was home free. All he had to do was walk/run to his house if he was really scared.
Hell, if I even remember correctly, one of the people that testified said that TM was already close to his house.

Instead, 4 minutes later he picks a fist fight with Zimmerman and ends up getting shot.

So if you know this evidence, do you still think it was Zimmerman that initiated the physical confrontation?

And even after all this, if you still aren't sure about who started the fight, at least it gives you more doubt if it really was Zimmerman,
and that's all the defense needed to win this case.

What part of that is evidence?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

In short, yes. They do not want to hear the evidence in the first place.

I have had several extremely animated debates with TM supporters at work, and none of them wanted to hear what was brought to light in the trial.

One of those debates was with a black man who, simply started yelling to make his points (which were the standard racist points), and one was with a white man, who because he was from Florida, claimed he knew what happened even though he had no idea what was coming out in court. That 'debate' ended in his calling me a racist. swearing and walking away saying he didn't care what the witnesses said.

So, yes. They will continue to feel this was a racially motivated attack regardless of the facts.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

The part where it came into a court proceeding as sworn testimony and the events as the witnesses have indicted. It's what trials are for.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am not emotionally attached to this circus. All I can say is that if we were truly interested in the truth we would not use the adjectives we do to describe a man or his actions.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The part where it came into a court proceeding as sworn testimony and the events as the witnesses have indicted. It's what trials are for.

Sworn testimony from who?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Florida got it right this time. A certain section of our society will never be happy with the verdict. They want justice, they get the justice they sought= a trial and a jury's accquittall. Yet they still are flapping their gums in the wind about it being a racist act. It was self defense and the jury saw it for what it was. I hope Mr Zimmerman sue's every body involved, State of Florida, City of Sanford amd the Martin family. they did get them a nice six figure settlement from the home owners organization that they sued even before the trial. That speaks volumes about those folks. The truth will set you free.... Will it set George free anyways. Where he should have never been charged in the first place.

If the reverand Al and Jesse Jackson are the leaders of the black community..... They need some new leaders... These two are just shat pot stirrers.... The pot already stinks....it does'nt need stirring.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Your neighborhood policy is to watch from your windows and when you can no longer see them, go back to watching TV?

That's gotta be a pretty safe neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus

True, and they also forgot to mention that TM was involved in streetfighting, selling guns, druguse theft and much more - there never was an innocent 17 year old kid in this trial - just a upcoming thug that in sight would have ended up killing alot of other blacks - black panther and Al Sharpton should salute GZ

yeah!!...time for you to throw a party!!... woo,hoo!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I have to ask, surely it is not appropriate to defend yourself with a gun, unless your attacker is equally, or better armed?

Seems a bit douche like to me, but there again, I am used to having to do things the hard (correct) way.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Truly Astounding... Having heard the evidence they find the provocateur and although not premeditated murderer in this case innocent....Only in America
Land of the free.... to go approach anyone and shoot them because they may or may not commit a crime. Sounds like a nice place to live
NOT.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

just a upcoming thug that in sight would have ended up killing alot of other blacks

Even by the standards of those who have sought to smear Martin this is a quite extraordinary claim. Are you really saying that he would have ended up murdering a lot of people? You can know that?

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

This also, and every time this was brought up, it was just dismissed as: "This shouldn't be part of the case investigation". And yes, I agree with that but it also says a lot about TM's character, he wasn't an innocent little kid like we were told.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Sworn testimony from who?

Do I look like the Court Clerk to run off transcripts? C'mon. This trial has JUST ended and ran all last week for the best and most interesting stuff. You've chosen to be one of the most outspoken on here with opinions about this case ...and you honestly have to ask that!?

Really... If someone was brand new and not already talking like an expert on the case? I'd help with some links and quotes to specific passages from the trial where I can locate them...but you already demonstrate a self confidence of the material beyond all that ...so you should know better than most which witnesses said what to establish that as evidence at trial? Given how much you post ...I'd never have asked that, myself. It's embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Your neighborhood policy is to watch from your windows and when you can no longer see them, go back to watching TV?

That's gotta be a pretty safe neighborhood.

My community is very safe.

We don't need to jump in our vehicles and stalk people walking in the neighborhood.

All of us, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, and Indian have a pretty peaceful.

Who is the THEM I should be looking for?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
What if Travon was white. Would your thinking be the same?

Sure would . These punks come in all shapes , sizes , colors . IF this was a white 17 year old young MAN that was followed by a black man who , like Trayvon , had 4 and 1/2 minutes to call 9-1-1 and lock himself safely in his father's (girlfriend's) house , but chose to circle around and attack the black man I would not give it a second thought .

I would not give it a second thought because , unlike so many others , I do not become emotionally invested in the death of others whom I do not know . A young man or child dies , is murdered or killed in self defense is a tragedy , but I am not going to get so upset that I take it to the streets , call for rioting , call for violence against another race or call for the pound of flesh of the defendant . Call me cold hearted , but I am not going to lie .

The difference between myself and what is going on with this case is , I do not think all 17 year olds are innocent little angels . The media and the pro-Trayvon crowd has made him out to be some angelic little cherub who has never done any wrong . That he is just some Skittles eating little boy . When I was 17 I was 6' 2" , 195 lbs. and could handle myself in a fight with just about any adult . More so for some short , round little doughboy like Zimmerman .

I have seen my share of teenage punks here in my town And these violent little punks are/were white . I have dealt with early teens (13 to 16) cursing and becoming violent with my elderly neighbor , half paralyzed after a stroke because he told them to stay off his property . These little punks threatened his and my life because I intervened on his behalf . I had other witnesses to prove it , but here comes their parents to confront me and tell me their kids are perfectly behaved little boys and girls and we were all liars .

So I am not going to defend someone simply because they are the same color as I am , full stop .

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Another emotional response. I think that...or I feel...blah, blah, blah.

Well, the Jury thought otherwise and our feelings have no impact on the results do they?

And following someones twitter or facebook account of the court proceeding is not actually following the proceedings at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join