It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
George Zimmerman Acquitted, Media Guilty
newsbusters.org...

The trial was marred by numerous incidents of sloppy and deliberately unfair reporting. NBC News is currently being sued by Zimmerman for editing the audio of a telephone call that Zimmerman made to 911 during the night of the altercation with Martin. In the NBC-edited recording, Zimmerman is made to sound as if he was following Martin because he was black. The false edit was first exposed by NewsBusters.

One of the other persistent flaws in the media's coverage of the case against Zimmerman were reports claiming he was "white" when in fact, he is Hispanic, white, and also part black. For months on end, Zimmerman was repeatedly described as a "white Hispanic" even though other people of mixed race such as President Obama are never described as "white blacks."

Additionally, left-leaning media were fond of repeating false statements favorable to the prosecution such as the claim that Zimmerman got out of his car despite being instructed to remain in it. In fact, he was already out of his car when the 911 dispatcher told him "we don't need you to do that." According to Zimmerman, he turned around and tried to return to his vehicle and was subsequently confronted by Martin. Biased outlets almost always ignored the evidence which clearly suggested that it was Martin who initiated their conversation and Zimmerman's testimony that Martin initiated the violence. They also rarely reported the fact that Martin circled Zimmerman's car while he was in it, looking at him menacingly.

Additionally, viewers and readers were repeatedly subjected to hours on end of speculation and hypotheticals about how the fatal confrontation could have been avoided--but only if Zimmerman had acted differently. The speculators never discussed how Martin's father was providing almost no supervision to him, never talked about how the situation would have been prevented if Martin had not been suspended from school due to his own behavior. They also never discussed how the telephone evidence in the trial clearly indicated that Martin had more than enough time to return to his father's girlfriend's residence if he truly had been in fear of his life. Most Americans also likely were unaware of Martin's admitted love of fighting.

The public was also subjected to countless hours of ignorant pronouncements about if Zimmerman had started the fight, that would determine his guilt or innocence. Rarely were viewers ever told the truth that self-defense law in Florida is about whether the surviving person rightfully feared for his life, regardless of who started the physical confrontation.

While the public couldn't get away from information about Zimmerman's run-ins with local criminals who happened to be black, the public was rarely told about other facts about him such as that he fought successfully to get justice for an elderly black man who was beaten by the son of a white police officer, how he mentored black youth, or even that he was a supporter of Barack Obama and not some sort of far-right white nationalist.

The trial of Zimmerman would likely have remained strictly a local news story had it not been for the antics of MSNBC's Al Sharpton who was advising Martin's parents on how to gain more publicity

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by bates
reply to post by projectvxn

maybe someone on a dark night will feel threatened by zimmerman.

Just a thought on this one liner. Whoever feels threatened by Zimmerman had best think twice. He was found not guilty. He gets his gun AND permit back.

And he has demostrated the capability to use the weapon if he "feels" threatened himself. People should actually think before they act, but I know that is just asking for to much from many these days.

but legally, if someone happens to feel threatening by him, they know they can end it there and then without fear of prosecution.

zimmerman has already shown what lengths he's willing to go to in a confrontation to come out on top so it should be no bother proving anything.

and none of his fans will have any real complaints about it.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

link   
Everyone has an opinion but no one was there. From the beginning the media made a black vs. white racial issue out of this when there are not even any white people involved in this incident. Why should someone have to be forced into a brutal brawl just because they are male? If Zimmerman was female who would argue his need to defend himself against an attacker? What horrendous sexism exists that men are expected to engage in fist fights to prove their manliness and if they are unable then they are worthless. Everyone has the right to defend their life. In my town just a few years ago a black man punched a white man and killed him with one hit but nobody cared too much and the murderer walked because "he didn't mean to" by punching the victim, who he was bullying unprovoked. That most disgusting thing about this country is how bloodthirsty the populace is and how they decide guilt without even having witnessed an event in a part of the world they've never even been to. Zimmerman has been acquitted by a jury and that's not okay so people will take it upon themselves in this bloodlust. They might as well bring back the Roman gladiator fights because that's where this society has come to as it circles the toilet drain.

link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Originally posted by VoidRonin
You wanna tell me how it was Righteous for him to defend himself from punches with a bullet through Trayvon's heart? Doesn't make much sense to me. Zimmerman could've easily subdued Trayvon with his hands if he had to.

i think it was apparent that he could not subdue TM. TM was on top of him wailing away. the only way he got him off was to shoot him, i tell ya, if placed in the same position, i'm shooting too.
edit on 13-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
I think we should leave all those young Gangsta's alone be they white,black or hispanic.
Give them a few years to Steal,Rape & Murder all they can.
Then Maybe Just Maybe sometime down the road they may actually get caught and sent to prison.
Where our tax payer dollars will take care of them for the rest of their lives.
After all they were just young thugs at some point in life.

NOT!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Engage them

I don't know all the details but....

Zimmerman may have been off duty, which is reckless on Zimmerman's part.

But Trayvon did jump him. When Zimmerman fired he was on the ground with Trayvon on top of him.

I'd say that Trayvon did most of the engaging part regardless of whether Zimmerman was off duty or not wearing a uniform.

And that's what makes the "Stop racial profiling" posters here in town more speculation than anything else.

What Trayvon should have done if he was irritated at being followed was call the police and let them resolve rather than turn his irritation into a physical confrontation.

However if Zimmerman was off duty, he shouldn't have been following anyone. He should have to wear a uniform to follow anyone. That's stalking if you are off duty.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm sorry but no. I'm from Texas and a proud CHL holder and if you or anyone were to follow me and get out of your vehicle and pose deadly harm to me I would gladly exercise my right and rid you from exicstence period. Wait a minute Zimmerman put himself in harms way right? I thought the cops told him not to pursue??? In the class i took they never told me i would become batman and never informed me of my moral obligation to approach random citizens on the street and ask them of there intentions??

Well it is unfortunate for Martin that he didn't have the proper self defense. Well not really considering he was a minor

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

reply to post by projectvxn

maybe someone on a dark night will feel threatened by zimmerman.

Just a thought on this one liner. Whoever feels threatened by Zimmerman had best think twice. He was found not guilty. He gets his gun AND permit back.

And he has demostrated the capability to use the weapon if he "feels" threatened himself. People should actually think before they act, but I know that is just asking for to much from many these days.

but legally, if someone happens to feel threatening by him, they know they can end it there and then without fear of prosecution.

zimmerman has already shown what lengths he's willing to go to in a confrontation to come out on top so it should be no bother proving anything.

and none of his fans will have any real complaints about it.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

Totally a strawman argument. Zimmerman felt that his life was threatened because he was having his . being bashed into concrete. The injuries are there to at least prove that he was at the losing end of the confrontation before he pulled his weapon.

Just feeling threatened because of either paranioa or because you think that using this type of defense will result in a murder charge.

Wow! That sounds familier don't it? Zimmerman was brought up on murder charges. He got his day in court and was found nor guilty. That's the way it works.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
reply to post by macman

I'm sorry but no. I'm from Texas and a proud CHL holder and if you or anyone were to follow me and get out of your vehicle and pose deadly harm to me I would gladly exercise my right and rid you from exicstence period. Wait a minute Zimmerman put himself in harms way right? I thought the cops told him not to pursue??? In the class i took they never told me i would become batman and never informed me of my moral obligation to approach random citizens on the street and ask them of there intentions??

Well it is unfortunate for Martin that he didn't have the proper self defense. Well not really considering he was a minor

You have a selective memory. The Police NOT ONCE told Zimmerman to not to pursue or any such type of language. The 911 operator, who is not a LEO by the way told him that "we don't need you to do that".

And how is following some one who you do not recognize in your own neighborhood supposed to be putting yourself in harms way. If I felt threatened everytime I stepped out of my house, I'd be moving relocate.

And the final part of your post. Why bother volunteering to be a neighborhood watch if you just ignore everything around you because you might get hurt?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Who the hell is George Zimmerman?

2nd

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

You're joking right? Just being sarcastic? Gotta be...... He's the guy .lining most newspapers on Earth today and every news source in North America for the last 24-36 hours.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
After reading some of the posts in this thread it bothers me the amount of people that don't care at all about facts, just the color of a persons skin.

I said it once before, where are the MLK type people looking for the content of a persons character and not the color of a persons skin????????

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I havent read 47 pages of posts but if someone said something about listening live feed from the area
here's a link. www.broadcastify.com...
You can browse the feed archives too

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ok yes the police dispatcher did tell him not to pursue. And I am also an active member of my neighborhood watch which I am the only one to hold a license to carry a concealed weapon.... Did I also mention I'm the youngest member of my watch?? What we do is WATCH never pursue. Now if someone breaks into my house that's a different story.

What we do is watch outside our homes and sometimes driving down our streets. And if we feel there is something out of the ordinary we report it to the authority's. Thats it...... Yep I said it.... I don't put on a costume and attempt to fight evil. My firearm is for my protection only not for becoming a vigilantly

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wonder why they had to post this news everywhere in the world as "Black man got shot down".. Laws shouldnt be about race but its quite obvius it is, its the same thing everywhere in europe too, if u are white u get alot more protection from the laws than if u are dark skinned, i am Rhoma (gipsy) and im not criminal but my entire life i have been tagged as criminal becouse of my ethnicity.
I wonder also how it would been if the roles were other way around, black man shot white dude unarmed..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well not earth. I don't live in the US and I've never heard of this guy.

Only read his story now and it's laughable the way people are going on about it.

From my perspective it just seems like the media played the whole racial thing in order to sell this story and folks are actually falling for it.

Who cares if he was black? If it was a latino or white would it have been less horrible?

What if Zimmerman wasn't living in some rich gated area but instead in a normal suburb. pfft, it's sick the way the media played the whole victim card on behalf of the deceased.

Life is a life and race shouldn't play a role in it or contribute to the value of the life.

Glad Zimmerman was found not guilty considering that so much was against him.

Not that it really changes anything in my life, though. There's other injustices taking place greater than this on which I can focus my attention.
edit on 14-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You seem to be implying that if something is out of the ordinary in your neighborhood you should intervene which is simply not the case. You can potentially be putting yourself or others in harms way. Again that's what the police are for. So what I own a pistol? Does that give me a right to approach random strangers?

If I ever did that I should get my a$! Beat as Zimmerman did. Only difference is I wouldn't pull my firearm out and murder someone for my mistake.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well this is great news, How ever I hope Zimmerman realizes he needs to leave the
country if he wants to live his life with some level of peace. Obama should do the right
thing and tell the states to let it go and accept the verdict, however I doubt he will do that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl

Ok yes the police dispatcher did tell him not to pursue. And I am also an active member of my neighborhood watch which I am the only one to hold a license to carry a concealed weapon.... Did I also mention I'm the youngest member of my watch?? What we do is WATCH never pursue. Now if someone breaks into my house that's a different story.

What we do is watch outside our homes and sometimes driving down our streets. And if we feel there is something out of the ordinary we report it to the authority's. Thats it...... Yep I said it.... I don't put on a costume and attempt to fight evil. My firearm is for my protection only not for becoming a vigilantly

Let's step into the courtroom for a second. How does following someone equate to pursuing them. There is a on-line dictionary, feel free to look it up.

Zimmermans neighborhood was also the target of a recent rash of break-ins, of which the suspects, to which Trayvon unfortunately resembled.

Zimmerman by all accounts did not hunt Trayvon down. Both could have handled things differently, but they didn't.

Trayvon is dead, George was arrested, made bail and stood trial and was found not guilty on all counts and set free. Is that the whole real story? I doubt it, but we'll never know will we? And that is way it is.

It doesn't matter how you or I "feel" about the outcome.

You believe that there was a injustice, I abide by the Juries verdict...and life goes on.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join