It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Just when we thought the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case was over after Zimmerman’s acquittal, the Obama Administration has taken the steps needed to file federal charges, thus sidestepping the well established double jeopardy, against Zimmerman. Unidentified sources within the Administration have confirmed that Obama, and Justice Eric Holder at the Department of Justice have filed charges against Zimmerman for “violating Trayvon Martin’s civil rights”.

http://_national_report_dot_net_/obama-files-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman-following-acquittal-in-shooting-murder-of-trayvon-martin/
Is this true? Never read anything on _national_report_dot_net_ before.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Guess you missed the part where the 17 yr old grounded & pounded MR Zimmerman? What was Mr Zimmerman to do. let the 17 yr old beat him to death? The jury listened to all the evidence and found him not guilty. NOT GUILTY.

link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I have to ask, surely it is not appropriate to defend yourself with a gun, unless your attacker is equally, or better armed?

Seems a bit douche like to me, but there again, I am used to having to do things the hard (correct) way.

The issue of what is appropriate flies right out the window as soon as person A attacks person B, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not, for instance, going to defend my home with a crowbar just because some thug breaking in the back door has one. When it comes to defending myself, my family and my friends from serious harm, I'm not real interested in some ridiculous notion of a fair fight. I'm giving myself every advantage I can.

link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Truly Astounding... Having heard the evidence they find the provocateur and although not premeditated murderer in this case innocent....Only in America
Land of the free.... to go approach anyone and shoot them because they may or may not commit a crime. Sounds like a nice place to live
NOT.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the actual facts of the case. You've obviously not acquainted yourself with them prior to this post.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JavFPR1

Originally posted by Minus

Of course the biased media somehow ignores those facts and just boils it down as:
An armed Zimmerman followed a young innocent black kid and killed him. They don't even mention the fact that that "innocent" kid was
beating the crap out of Zimmerman.

True, and they also forgot to mention that TM was involved in streetfighting, selling guns, druguse theft and much more - there never was an innocent 17 year old kid in this trial - just a upcoming thug that in sight would have ended up killing alot of other blacks - black panther and Al Sharpton should salute GZ

This also, and every time this was brought up, it was just dismissed as: "This shouldn't be part of the case investigation". And yes, I agree with that but it also says a lot about TM's character, he wasn't an innocent little kid like we were told.
edit on 14-7-2013 by JavFPR1 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, every time the defense tried to use the "it's better that he's dead because he was going to go on to kill loads of people" argument it was annoyingly thrown out. It's like you can't even shoot someone for something they definitely probably will do in the future any more. What has America come to?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmconslaught

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Something seems off about having a jury of only 6 peers.

They were talking about this on one of the networks earlier. It's a dollar thing. They only require 12 jurors in capital cases. As this didn't fit the bill, there were only 6. This likely worked out better for Zimmerman in the long run ... alot easier to get 6 people to agree on something than 12 ...

I suppose it's also easier to find 6 people that BOTH sides agree to as jurors.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

Guess you missed the part where the 17 yr old grounded & pounded MR Zimmerman? What was Mr Zimmerman to do. let the 17 yr old beat him to death? The jury listened to all the evidence and found him not guilty. NOT GUILTY.

The one simple fact - there were no witnesses, no eye witnesses at all. One person is dead so not able to give their testimony. The jurors believed the person who killed the other person. If he is guilty or not will never be truly known.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by usmconslaught

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Something seems off about having a jury of only 6 peers.

They were talking about this on one of the networks earlier. It's a dollar thing. They only require 12 jurors in capital cases. As this didn't fit the bill, there were only 6. This likely worked out better for Zimmerman in the long run ... alot easier to get 6 people to agree on something than 12 ...

I suppose it's also easier to find 6 people that BOTH sides agree to as jurors.

Not to mention they had a difficult time finding people who were relatively unacquainted with the case from all of the media coverage. I seem to recall that being an issue during jury selection.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by Minus

Of course the biased media somehow ignores those facts and just boils it down as:
An armed Zimmerman followed a young innocent black kid and killed him. They don't even mention the fact that that "innocent" kid was
beating the crap out of Zimmerman.

True, and they also forgot to mention that TM was involved in streetfighting, selling guns, druguse theft and much more - there never was an innocent 17 year old kid in this trial - just a upcoming thug that in sight would have ended up killing alot of other blacks - black panther and Al Sharpton should salute GZ

This also, and every time this was brought up, it was just dismissed as: "This shouldn't be part of the case investigation". And yes, I agree with that but it also says a lot about TM's character, he wasn't an innocent little kid like we were told.
edit on 14-7-2013 by JavFPR1 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, every time the defense tried to use the "it's better that he's dead because he was going to go on to kill loads of people" argument it was annoyingly thrown out. It's like you can't even shoot someone for something they definitely probably will do in the future any more. What has America come to?

I was talking mainly about the media that was portraying TM as an innocent little kid, which wasn't true.

link   
I honestly don't get how anyone can think it's okay to shoot an unarmed teenage who was just mind his own business and on his way home.

If Zimmerman had been a cop he'd have faced some sort of charge I bet.

In any other country on the planet he'd have been convicted of something.

Yet a shocking number of Americans seem very happy with the fact he's basically got away with ending a young man's life scot free. He's not being held to account for his poor actions in any way shape or form.

I really would not be happy living in a wild west socitey where i can be gunned down willy nilly for literally not looking like my face fits.

Shows how unsafe the streets on America have become.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky
Glad Zimmerman was found not guilty considering that so much was against him.

Here's the thing though... his legal troubles are over, sure, but his life is pretty much ruined forever because of how much media attention has been shed on this case. He's going to spend his life looking over his shoulder everywhere he goes, because there's a very good possibility that eventually somebody will recognize him and beat the living daylights out of him, or worse. He can change his name, move to another state etc, but your face stays with you for life.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Here's Zimmermans Neighborhood Watch policy. Pretty generic as far as I'm concerned and he didn't break one rule of the policy.

cnninsession.files.wordpress.com...

It's even from CNN.

It's cool that you live in a safe community, but a lot don't and Zimmermans neighborhood wanted patrols due to the recent rash of break-ins.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

All of us, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, and Indian have a pretty peaceful.

Who is the THEM I should be looking for?

I'm very happy for you if you live in a place that looks more like a re-run of Leave it to Beaver. However, most of us don't have the privilege of living in a quiet, crime free city. Some folks do need to take active measures in things like Neighborhood Watch and personal initiative to assist in keeping neighborhoods safe.

Who should you be looking for? Well... You can start with the two legged animals that form the basis for these statistics here:

Source: FBI National Crime Data

I'd like to say they should be hard to find or easy to avoid, but the numbers would indicate no such thing.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted

The one simple fact - there were no witnesses, no eye witnesses at all. One person is dead so not able to give their testimony. The jurors believed the person who killed the other person. If he is guilty or not will never be truly known.

No witnesses? Weird. Then who were all of those people they called to the stand, giving testimony about Martin being on top of Zimmerman and hitting him?

As an aside, by your logic, every guilty verdict for murder ever reached in U.S. history should be overturned, since the victims could never testify for themselves. After all, since they couldn't speak, how do we know that the person found guilty was actually the one that did it? Can't you see the obvious weakness of your comment?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted

You must have missed the Eye Witness that testified in court, under oath about seeing the two of them in a fight and describing who was in which position by clothing and build.

It's amazing to me how many statements seem to still be coming from the "media facts" before trial..and not the actual facts established AT trial. The two are quite different...as they often are.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I was talking mainly about the media that was portraying TM as an innocent little kid, which wasn't true.

Yeah. But it's kind of depressing when people are suggesting that part of the reason Zimmerman should be acquitted is all the theoretical murders Martin - a 17 year old kid - was going to commit in the future.

First, because it's obviously a completely insane way to administer justice. And second because it's such a profoundly horrible and pessimistic view of how people act as they grow older.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
I honestly don't get how anyone can think it's okay to shoot an unarmed teenage who was just mind his own business and on his way home.

If Zimmerman had been a cop he'd have faced some sort of charge I bet.

In any other country on the planet he'd have been convicted of something.

Yet a shocking number of Americans seem very happy with the fact he's basically got away with ending a young man's life scot free. He's not being held to account for his poor actions in any way shape or form.

I really would not be happy living in a wild west socitey where i can be gunned down willy nilly for literally not looking like my face fits.

Shows how unsafe the streets on America have become.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

Yet another extraordinary swing and a miss on the facts. I'm actually getting tired of explaining the facts to those that couldn't be bothered to look at them in the first place for their own edification.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Just when we thought the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case was over after Zimmerman’s acquittal, the Obama Administration has taken the steps needed to file federal charges, thus sidestepping the well established double jeopardy, against Zimmerman. Unidentified sources within the Administration have confirmed that Obama, and Justice Eric Holder at the Department of Justice have filed charges against Zimmerman for “violating Trayvon Martin’s civil rights”.

http://_national_report_dot_net_/obama-files-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman-following-acquittal-in-shooting-murder-of-trayvon-martin/
Is this true? Never read anything on _national_report_dot_net_ before.

Good catch.

Part of me wants to see this happen, just so it'll show what idiots they are. But most of the legal talking heads are saying that there really is nothing there and would be a mistake to do this.

But when has common sense ever stopped this admin from doing something that their feelings tell them.

edit on 14-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Fat Paws

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It would be a complete miscarriage of justice for them to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if they did though, after all, this is little more than a political witch hunt in the first place.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join