It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Reading through this thread is, at times, no better than watching any much hated MSM station.

Lots of statements that completely disregard the evidence, testimony & law and are based solely on opinion. That is no better than the big bad media and their sound bites.

I encourage anyone that does not understand the verdict, watch some of the trial videos, look at the evidence, and read the jury instructions. If you can do that without bias, then you too will see the jury made the correct decision (according to the evidence, testimony and law).

(Anyone that paid attention to the trial knows it wasn't even a fair trial. So to me, this verdict was a shock.)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

That is what is wrong with society. I can understand why certain people will be upset with people dying and feel someone needs to be locked away. However, everything has become a media circus and people become irrational in wanting to find justice.

I remember when Casey Anthony was the most controversial and probably only news story on every channel. I was so sick I watched me who just hated this woman they barley knew. The media has created as this celebrity that is basically the bad girl. I don't know much about the case, but I believe we should look at the evidence before seeing her as this evil person.

Jodi Aries, OJ Simpson, etc. I just cannot understand how crime can make people into popular icons. It says something when killing someone or being accused can make you a celebrity.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
they know absolutely nothing about the case, and it is plain to see that they didn't even bother to watch the trial.

Sorry to say, but yesterday when I mentions Zimmerman's name to a family member they said, who?

Yes I noticed after all the information and debate from years of reading post on this topic, on this issue, people are still confused about the important facts of the case, but people believe what they want to believe and usually stick with their first memories of the breaking news on the situation.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
*sigh* It had nothing to do with skin tone....I'm sick of seeing this nonsense. Every time a black person is involved it doesn't always have to do with the fact that they are black. It is that kind of thinking as to why America cannot get past racism, and that's truly disappointing.

If Martin would have shot and killed someone who looked like me, it wouldn't have even made the front page of the newspaper in the city it happened in, let alone national new. I'd of been pegged as a white supremacist who was beating a black boy with my shaved head and tattoo's. But a black 17 year old gets shot in self defense by a HISPANIC man with a black great grand father, suddenly....it's racially motivated. That's dreadfully preposterous and shows just how far we have to go in this country on improving race relationship. Not the white persons attitude, but that of everyone else. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream....you know why he called it a dream? Because you have to be asleep to believe it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
You have to wonder if this Case was brought before the Courts as a deliberate attempt to cause Racial Tensions.

Right from the get go from the MSM, the Inept prosecution, the hopeless judge right up to the commander in chief seem to me to have, "well maybe not deliberately" fanned the Flames of Racial tension, but seemed intent on causing division somewhere.
Maybe they were hoping that it all kicked off and wanted to try out Blackwater or the National guard on the Black community.

Maybe this post should be in the conspiracy department..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
reply to post by projectvxn

maybe someone on a dark night will feel threatened by zimmerman.

Just a thought on this one liner. Whoever feels threatened by Zimmerman had best think twice. He was found not guilty. He gets his gun AND permit back.

And he has demostrated the capability to use the weapon if he "feels" threatened himself. People should actually think before they act, but I know that is just asking for to much from many these days.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Yes they can still move forward with the wrongful death suit. And unlike this trial Mr. Zimmerman will be forced to take the stand.

One small problem. Florida law grants civil immunity for justifiable use of force. Given that Zimmerman just won a criminal case on the basis of self defense, its highly unlikely a civil case can go forward.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
You have to wonder if this Case was brought before the Courts as a deliberate attempt to cause Racial Tensions.

Right from the get go from the MSM, the Inept prosecution, the hopeless judge right up to the commander in chief seem to me to have, "well maybe not deliberately" fanned the Flames of Racial tension, but seemed intent on causing division somewhere.

And yet....how many black males were killed by black males during the time frame from the Zimmerman/Martin incident until last evening?

I cant remember much attention at all about this strange cultural phenomenon. And its been going on for decades.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Yes they can still move forward with the wrongful death suit. And unlike this trial Mr. Zimmerman will be forced to take the stand.

One small problem. Florida law grants civil immunity for justifiable use of force. Given that Zimmerman just won a criminal case on the basis of self defense, its highly unlikely a civil case can go forward.

I asked yesterday but the thread was shut down before I got a answer.

Can he be charged in Federal court now?

I have no clue as to what the charges would be though, because if I remember correctly, they cannot use the same charges again.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I have no idea what they'd charge him with in federal court. Charging him for murder would amount to double jeopardy.

I've heard some rumblings about a civil rights trial, but I don't know if that's possible. But what would be the charge? Given that he won his self-defense case, the only conceivable charge would be that a person has no right to self-defense. Good luck with that one.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

The feds can charge him with violating Trayvon's civil rights.
They should just let it go. Can you imagine the cost involved with a trial like that?
And there is no money to pay our reservists in the military?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) has called on the Obama administration to pursue civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.

“BREAKING: Zimmerman acquitted on all charges. We will update you as we work to pursue civil rights charges against Zimmerman through the DOJ,” the official Twitter account of the NAACP tweeted Saturday evening after Zimmerman was acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin.

The NAACP also tweeted out a petition urging the Justice Department to “open a civil rights case against George Zimmerman.”

dailycaller.com...

There you go! Rational thought and behavior has won the day so they will continue to fan the flames of hatred.

Oh and it gets better!

“Attorney General Eric Holder,” the petition reads, “The Department of Justice has closely monitored the State of Florida’s prosecution of the case against George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin murder since it began. Today, with the acquittal of George Zimmerman, it is time for the Department of Justice to act.”

“The most fundamental of civil rights — the right to life — was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin,” the NAACP wrote. “We ask that the Department of Justice file civil rights charges against Mr. Zimmerman for this egregious violation.”

Didn't know the NAACP was anti-abortion!

Haters gonna hate!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Zimmerman got off because of the deliberate wording of the laws. All I have to say is, if you want to get by with murdering walking, breathing children, move to Florida.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Faust100F

I posted this on Zero Hedge this morning, I did not feel like writing it twice.

George, was innocent from the very beginning. Martin's family lawyer, the politician who charged this case be tried not to mention Sharpton and Jackson and of course MSNBC fanned the flames. I think George should be looking forward and naming these individuals and entities in a lawsuit, that may end this kind of thing happening in the future.

The lesson to be learned, a person has the right to kill to save his own life, whether in a "stand your ground" state or not. The jury will now be able to view the "real" Trayvon Martin, and question why his mother through him out of the house, about drugs in his system at the night of the killing, and why he had been expelled for 53 days.

Moral to the story . . . do not be wondering through a community in a hooey, acting suspicious. George did everything right. George also had the best lawyers anyone can find in this country, fortunately, they did not roll over and play dead like most defense attorney's do, when their goal is to plead out, instead of really doing their job and having a trial.

The Prosecuton . . . what a joke! They were not seeking justice, they knew the law, and ignored it, this was a political assignment and hatchet job, they had to follow through on. Hopefully this loss will plague their future careers for being a willing participant in this disaster.

It was said yesterday by a Judge being interviewed, he said, "when the law is not on your side, you argue "emotion". That is exactly what the prosecutors were doing, wanting to send a man away based on emotion instead of the rule of law.

These prosecutors, along with the whole Justice System in this country is broken, it is now Vendetta Justice in this country by prosecutors who waste taxpayer money, pursuing prosecutions for political purposes than for Justice.

As far as the racial profiling goes, George was justified, 80% of the incarcerated prisoners in the US are Black, and of course the Black Political movement believe these Gangsta's are all innocent. Wearing a hoodie, and wondering through a gated community at night, along with being Black was profiling and was justified.

What do you think the FEDS do to an Arab that gets on a plane in the world anymore, so it is justified for a suspect group that has a proven history of harming others.

And last, if Obama was going to have a son, he would be like Martin. (cough, cough) give me a break! All Obama did was fan the flames in this case. But for the actions of all these individuals, there would never have been a Kangaroo court like we all witnessed for the past weeks. This was a political hit job. The verdict was absolutely correct and in accordance with the law in Florida. John

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

This was a no brainer. All of the actions showed that Martin attacked, and Zimmerman defended. Regardless if people believe he was a grown adult and had the ability to go fist to fist with a 17 year old. Doesn't matter.

Maybe now people will think twice before they raise their fists to someone.

Personally, I have no qualms wi shooting someone that throughs punches. I am at the point in my life that while it may be fun to do so, my life has more value to be whole and intact, then trying to work my days with broken this, or bloody that,

No riots in FL, but the dirtbags in CA rioted, go figure.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think there is a lot more to this particular case than people realize, and that using the whole "race" thing is just an easy way to hide what's really going on behind the scenes. But instead of putting my own opinions on the boards for everyone to ridicule, I'll let anyone who's interested in what I'm saying do their own homework for a change.

Hopefully it doesn't end up as badly as it could in the following days / weeks.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have felt all along that both of these subjects exercised poor judgement that night. The adult in this case didn't act any better than the juvenile. If the "adult" waited, just waited for police to arrive, this matter would never have transpired the way it did. Just because you have a law "stand your ground" and a gun doesn't mean you still posess the skill set to determine common sense-of which I believe both did not have that night. Even if the boy looked suspicious, my overall thought would be even from a town watch perspective to wait for backup.
Why would you want to go solo into a situation you already perceive as hostile.
Even the most inexpereinced police officers wait for backup to go on the most routine (which it is never) before proceeding for a car stop , pedestrian stop or an open door investigation.

The law behind stand your ground is best served for a situation where you, the homeowner, are allowed to defend yourself and if need be with deadly force, for not just the interior of your resdience but the perimeter of your property based on an integral right to defend yourself and your loved ones from harm.

The bottom line here is that there are no winners in this media circus. This is just a very sad example of two people that SHOULD HAVE had enough smarts to exercise good judgement.

If I was standing in an area where I had every right to be and someone approached me questioning what I was doing the first thing I would do is go ahead, call the cops, I'm not doing anything wrong-as a matter of fact, I would be calling on my cell phone to get someone to my location if I was really just walking home and wasn't engaged in criminal behaviour.
Bottom line- Both did something wroing no matter what a court room decided. I would be very suprised if any jurors accepted any calls for their opinions because of the nature of this case.

Our one principals of Freedom in this Country was founded on the concept to Better to let a guilty person go than to convict an innocent person. That is not a direct quote but based on statements from William Blackstone and Benjamin Franklin.

The only lesson learned here is to avoid these types of situations all together. For those that have a teenager, be happy you know where they are and can still hug them and tell them you love them.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join