It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

No witness's? What trial did you watch? Mr Goode said and I quote " I saw the man in the hoodie grounding & pounding the man on the ground" From about 25 feet away. Stop leaving out the parts that dont fit your accessment. A jury of his peers, picked by both sides found the man NOT GUILTY after all the EVIDENCE was presented the jurt got it right. The other section of our society needs to get a damn grip and deal with it. And some new leaders not just shat pot stirrers. The statement the NAACP gave has set the black community back 100 years. A damn jury of his peers just aint good enough for some.

I may get banned or a T& C violation for this but, The so called black leaders is the cause of all of this. They are more racist than any white org I have ever seen. 50 generations into the future will still be dealing with alll this BS, cause some want let it go.....ever.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Zimmerman is guilty, at least of manslaughter, because it is he who started the confrontation by stalking the kid. In-fact it is he who became the predator he himself feared. In other words he started the confrontation and simply because the kid got the best of him he decided out of anger to shot him.

Zimmerman’s injuries were minor. Something a school kid would get in a fight in a school yard tussle. Imagine in a scenario this similar confrontation occurred in a fight of two school boys and the loser took out a gun and shot the kid who gave him a bloody nose. Would that be justified?

This scenario with Zimmerman and Trayvon is exactly equal to that. The only difference is the racist paranoia of Zimmerman in which precipitated the incident.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
elimanninglookingatthings.tumblr.com...

lol why does that overweight man in the background on the right look like he was poorly photoshopped into the pic?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I may get banned or a T& C violation for this but, The so called black leaders is the cause of all of this. They are more racist than any white org I have ever seen. 50 generations into the future will still be dealing with alll this BS, cause some want let it go.....ever.

No less a man than Bill Cosby has said much the same thing, although he was attacked mercilessly for speaking the truth. Good for you in saying it. The so called "Black Leaders" are generally, from where I sit, interested in their OWN empowerment, not that of anyone else. After all, if their "followers" are truly empowered, success means the leaders are out of a job. Some WOULD see that as success, actually. Others? Well.... I agree. Our children's children will still be filling out race on every form with a dozen or more choices to check.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The definition of approached is to go towards. He went towards him. That means he approached him.

We only have one side of the story, there are no witnesses to the initial confrontation, only the words of the person who shot the teen.

I see both sides of the issue. I understand that we have a right to defend ourselves, which is right. I understand that a person who starts something is also liable for what happens. Both these traditional policies go back thousands of years, the result is that they started a legal process to work out disputes like this. Originally there was only a judge, often a religious leader. Now we have a Jury here, supposedly of our piers to judge the situation. We have a lot of flaws in our system but it is better than it was long ago.

In this country there is one problem with our legal system. A person can fire up another person to get him mad enough to kill or beat up another and has little liability under the law. If there is an exchange of money or a payoff for doing the deed, that is something else. This has nothing to do with this case directly but is actually pertinent to the case.

Everyone does things they regret sometimes when they are mad or wound up, I have as yet to meet someone who never has. This seems to be a normal human behavior in the fight or flight syndrome which is more predominant in teenage individuals who are driven by hormones. Chemicals are created to either run or fight, that is normal. This particular situation seems to be an example of what these chemicals can do. I see no real right or wrong in this case, it is just a bunch of things lining up where someone got killed. I would definitely think about disallowing Zimmerman from being in a neighborhood watch anymore.

We will see what comes of this, I fear that this loose cannon who was allowed by the neighbors to be a watchman in their community has stirred up a hornets nest. I know that some of the neighbors probably had their doubts about him because he was excitable, but they probably figured that nothing like this would ever come up. I know someone who seems to have about the same personality as Zimmerman, I would never want him having a gun walking around the neighborhood.

This situation is not mine to judge, I leave it up to the judicial system of our country. I'm just giving an opinion. We will have to wait and see what erupts from this.
edit on 14-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
Zimmerman is guilty, at least of manslaughter, because it is he who started the confrontation by stalking the kid. In-fact it is he who became the predator he himself feared. In other words he started the confrontation and simply because the kid got the best of him he decided out of anger to shot him.

Zimmerman’s injuries were minor. Something a school kid would get in a fight in a school yard tussle. Imagine in a scenario this similar confrontation occurred in a fight of two school boys and the loser took out a gun and shot the kid who gave him a bloody nose. Would that be justified?

This scenario with Zimmerman and Trayvon is exactly equal to that. The only difference is the racist paranoia of Zimmerman in which precipitated the incident.

I guess it's just too bad that you weren't called to the stand during the trial huh? After all, you've not only witnessed the event first hand (based on your remarks), you've also managed to look into the hearts of those involved and determined the motivations for their actions.

Why didn't you stand up and say something?! /sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates
I honestly don't get how anyone can think it's okay to shoot an unarmed teenage who was just mind his own business and on his way home.

Trayon wasn't some kid reading a comic under the streetlight. He was actively attacking George Zimmerman. Those are the facts and it was witnessed as well.

If Zimmerman had been a cop he'd have faced some sort of charge I bet.

It would have been called a justifiable shooting if the officer was attacked.

Yet a shocking number of Americans seem very happy with the fact he's basically got away with ending a young man's life scot free. He's not being held to account for his poor actions in any way shape or form.

And how is being jailed, posting $500,000.00 bond, trial time and to put the cherry on top of it all having the media paint you as the most hated man in America equate to being scot free? He will be living the rest of his life in fear because of that night and the results that came about because of it.

I really would not be happy living in a wild west socitey where i can be gunned down willy nilly for literally not looking like my face fits.

What planet are you from? this happens everywhere in every country. Face it...some people are racists idiots and not to bright. but you could say the same about poliytical ideologies, gangs, etc,etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's amazing to me how many statements seem to still be coming from the "media facts" before trial..and not the actual facts established AT trial. The two are quite different...as they often are.

Yep. Amazing.

Kind of odd that those that scream the media lies & manipulates stories are so quick to believe the media's commentary on this case instead of the actual evidence & testimony that decided the trial outcome.

"The media lies*!!!"
*except of course when it comes to the Zimmerman trial, they have only spoken the truth this time

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by openyourmind1262

No less a man than Bill Cosby has said much the same thing, although he was attacked mercilessly for speaking the truth. Good for you in saying it. The so called "Black Leaders" are generally, from where I sit, interested in their OWN empowerment, not that of anyone else. After all, if their "followers" are truly empowered, success means the leaders are out of a job. Some WOULD see that as success, actually. Others? Well.... I agree. Our children's children will still be filling out race on every form with a dozen or more choices to check.

Exactly what i said on another thread

Its these groups like the NAACP thar are causing the damage.
edit on 14-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

I honestly don't get how anyone can think it's okay to shoot an unarmed teenage who was just mind his own business and on his way home.

In any other country on the planet he'd have been convicted of something.

Yet a shocking number of Americans seem very happy with the fact he's basically got away with ending a young man's life scot free. He's not being held to account for his poor actions in any way shape or form.

I really would not be happy living in a wild west socitey where i can be gunned down willy nilly for literally not looking like my face fits.

Shows how unsafe the streets on America have become.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

Yet another extraordinary swing and a miss on the facts. I'm actually getting tired of explaining the facts to those that couldn't be bothered to look at them in the first place for their own edification.

the facts are very simple.

one man who was armed started trouble with a boy who wasn't.

the boy ended up shot dead.

the man has walked free from court with the blessing of a huge amount of people.

i'm sorry, but that just doesn't happen in a civilized country.

why are so many people defending a child killer?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

The problem is...those are not the facts by any stretch to what both sides established in sworn court testimony of events that night.

That is the MEDIA version of the truth ..and was accepted for lack of anything else before the trial. We now have a much better record of events and people with only ONE version to have given and go by now. The record doesn't indicate what you suggest there.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

For me it down to the mis conduct of the media, your president , the DOJ and the procecution team.

He may well of been guilty but the whole case was so badly mis handled it should not have come to court.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

The evidence seemed to show Travon attacked him, started beating him up, and was shot.
If Zimmerman was a female and came into the jail with those injuries, the person (probably a bot friend or husband) would still be in jail and received jail time. If she would have killed the perp, the state of FL probably wouldn't have charged her.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

even if we take zimmerman's word for it, in most people's language he still started the trouble.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

In any other country on the planet he'd have been convicted of something.

Shows how unsafe the streets on America have become.
edit on 14-7-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

Yet another extraordinary swing and a miss on the facts. I'm actually getting tired of explaining the facts to those that couldn't be bothered to look at them in the first place for their own edification.

the boy ended up shot dead.

the man has walked free from court with the blessing of a huge amount of people.

i'm sorry, but that just doesn't happen in a civilized country.

why are so many people defending a child killer?

Your take on this event is completely devoid of the facts, so it would appear that they aren't so simple, eh?

Try looking into the trial and evidence rather than quoting MSNBC or CNN, maybe you'll learn something about rushing to judgement when a man's freedom is on the line.

I'm not defending a 'child killer', I'm defending a man's right to defend himself from an attacker, which is what happened in this case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

The state of Florida and the cops on the scene didn't charge Zimmerman after an initial investigation. It should have ended there. But politicians, race baiters, and agitators spun it into something it wasn't. Now that he's been acquitted the NAACP is asking the DOJ to file charges against Zimmerman for violating civil rights based on the theory that Zimmerman racially profiled Martin.

The problem is that there is no case for that as race was ruled out as a factor early on by the FBI.
edit on 14-7-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well said, kind sir.

link   
think this may cause trouble, even riots!

Not a great verdict from what i have heard about the case but social media is running hot on this story...

Can you believe not guilty for killing a youngster who was not armed.. my opinion is zimmerman or whatever he is called is a wannabe cop or something..

link   
edit on 14-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

even if we take zimmerman's word for it, in most people's language he still started the trouble.

Zimmerman never took the stand or testified. We know what we do by other witnesses to the event. Many people saw or heard parts of it and trials are most useful for supplying the venue, under penalty of perjury, for all those little pieces to get thrown out to form a picture. The media tries...but can never get past their own ratings bias to come close to a fair job of what Courts do by design.

I'm not going by Zimmerman's word. I don't know the man and he could be a compulsive liar with homicidal traits for all I know. I'm going by the testimony, physical evidence and what little circumstantial evidence worked into this case in forming that big picture to gaze upon.

Perhaps Manslaughter would have been workable if the Prosecution had been any good at their job...but that's moot now. The Jury said not and we now move on to the next media driven case, I suppose.

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join