It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by vor78

Well thats fine if you carry no expectations of your own conduct as far as personal honour and a desire to be fair in your dealings with your fellow man. But using a gun on an unarmed man is overkill no matter what the hell is happening at the time.

Spoken like a true anti-gun Brit.

With your obvious anti-gun culture I expect a response like yours. You have to understand our laws and culture to understand why GZ was found not guilty by a jury of his peers (all women no less)

I believe the correct verdict was reached based on the evidence.

Hey im a brit and i wanted a not guilty verdict

link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Please enlighten us on how the fight started.

link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by bruteforce13

That's supposition and speculation at best.

Wouldn't hold up in court. Because it's a poor argument and not supported by the physical evidence.

Oh I agree with you. But it does show how easy murder could be to get away with. I invite you out somewhere private pretending to be ya friend. Spit in your face then let you get a few punches in my face. Pull out a gun and shoot ya dead.

Viola self defense. Murder IS the easiest thing to get away with cause someone smart is only gonna leave one witness. Themselves.

One witness, unless of course someone that you didn't account for was actually within viewing distance (Luckily, Zimmerman had such people in the vicinity, hence the verdict).

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by okayimhere

That distrust is because of a deep-rooted racism that is passed along.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

But there were witnesses. And there was physical evidence to support both Zimmerman's statement and witness account.

Again that's speculation and not supported by the facts.
edit on 14-7-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Please enlighten us on how the fight started.

I already have using sources based on the evidence presented in court.

I don't know what more you want. I'm no more entitled to my own facts than you are.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I believe people who didn't watch or even catch good summary results of each day's trial events expect us to break it down and give the cliff notes version to save them all the effort. I mean, it really seems that way with how many are saying "Prove it" or "Show me the evidence" ...when so many of those demands were met and more in the trial that JUST ended.

Personally, my new motto is coming to be 'Do your own homework' when it's something so recent, so timely and so fresh as to be beyond explanation for how the basics aren't known by all who CHOOSE to enter deep into the debate on the subject?
edit on 14-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A murderer walks free.

Florida really has some effed up jurors. Casey Anthony, now this..

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I really don't get how Zimmerman is walking free...

-Zimmerman through his is untrained eyes, through his bias, prejudiced thoughts had a "suspicion" (lack of evidence) that Trayvon was up to no good.

-He assumed Trayvon was on drugs (he wasn't), he assumed Trayvon was partaking in recent neighbor hood Bulgarians (he wasn't). The only thing right that Zimmeran said when identifying him was Trayvon was in his late teens.

-Zimmerman proceeded to trail Trayvon, called the 911, the dispatcher told Zimmerman NOT to continue pursuit obviously there's reason for that...

-Zimmerman understood that police were on the way and through his irrational emotions neglected to obey the dispatchers request and proceeded to become a hero.

-Zimmerman initiated the confrontation, got his ass beat and killed an innocent minor.

Zimmerman failed on every course of action, he failed at his duties, all he had to do was call the cops. You can't roam around accusing and assuming #. HE HAS FAILED and needs to be accounted for but now that doesn't matter anymore.

Hasn't it occurred that Trayvon (a minor) was acting in self defense? Em I missing something here?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Indeed. In the age of information ignorance is a choice.

The problem is that people want proof of their own preconceived notions. And they certainly don't want those notions challenged by the facts.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by samaka

Hasn't it occurred that Trayvon (a minor) was acting in self defense? Em I missing something here?

Yes, the facts of the case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Everyone go ahead and cry about a race card. I really don't care.

edit on 14-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Fact 1
=====

No one knows how the fight started and why they fought.

No one went to the stand to say how the fight started. The only person who was there, Zimmerman, didnt take an oath and sit on the stand to say how the fight started.

That's a fact!

There isn't testimony of 2 or 3 or more people on the stand that said how the fight started.

So like I said No one knows how it started except Zimmerman and Martin.

Fact 2
=====

All witnesses described the fight ( again they were not there). So their testimony should have been scrapped.

Fact 3
=====

Only One man knows what happened. Zimmerman.

Zimmerman should have taken the oath and gone on the stand.

why didn't he?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I have been involved in many fights but never have i went for my gun and shot anyone as a last resort. I pull it out to end fights, just to let know people that stakes are high and i don't want to fight.

You are right Human life is too precious. And no offense I hold my life to be more precious than yours in a confrontation.

I might show my weapons to a family member or friend, but I will never show them to somebody trying to beat my head in.

(Hypothetical situation, not a personnal attack)

If you have declared yourself my enemy by threatening my life, for however brief, my weapon will be the last thing you ever see.

I won't just be showing it to you, I'll be demonstrating it's function as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

I'll complete it for you... We would not have even heard of this case.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by bates
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

is it even in question about who started the confrontation?

has anyone claimed that it was an armed martin who approached an unarmed zimmerman unprovoked?

i genuinely don't see how anyone can claim martin was the one who instigated the trouble.

he was walking to his dads house, completely minding his own business when an armed man approached him.

as soon as zimmerman does that, he's started he trouble.

By your logic, I can see someone who is following me down the street (not doing more than that), get out of his sight, double back and then jump him and beat on him and be completely innocent of any crime, while at the same time, the person I am attacking cannot defend themselves from my attack, or they are not only guilty of a crime, but also the instigator of the attack.

That makes sense to you?

even zimmerman admits he was doing more than just following him down the street, maybe you should read up on some of those facts you love so much.

if you started following someone, you approach them and get into an altercation with them you're clearly the aggressor in any normal persons mind.

again, even if we take zimmerman's version of events this is what you're happy with.

what you seem to be saying is that you'd be happy for someone to randomly approach you in the street as you walk home minding your own business. not someone in authority or with professional training but a random man who has appointed himself as the boss in the neighbourhood.

as the person approaches you you're expected to explain yourself for just being in the area. you don't wish to so try to leave.

you both get into a fight.

you end up shot dead.

not only is the person who randomly approached you for no reason not in any trouble for it, but loads of people are actually blaming you for it. you're being blamed for your own murder even though it's an established fact you were just walking home minding your own business.

you were just minding your own business walking to your dads house, you get accosted and shot dead but somehow people claim it's your fault.

amazing.

also, if martin really was giving zimmerman such a beating, how did he manage to get such a clean shot off?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

But the physical evidence supports both witness testimony and the several statements Zimmerman made to investigators both on scene and after the fact.

Zimmerman didn't need to take the stand his testimony was already on record more than once.

link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I have been involved in many fights but never have i went for my gun and shot anyone as a last resort. I pull it out to end fights, just to let know people that stakes are high and i don't want to fight.

You are right Human life is too precious. And no offense I hold my life to be more precious than yours in a confrontation.

I might show my weapons to a family member or friend, but I will never show them to somebody trying to beat my head in.

(Hypothetical situation, not a personnal attack)

If you have declared yourself my enemy by threatening my life, for however brief, my weapon will be the last thing you ever see.

I won't just be showing it to you, I'll be demonstrating it's function as well.

i genuinely hoped you are removed from the streets and locked up because you sound like a dangerous individual.

link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Everyone go ahead and cry about a race card. I really don't care.

edit on 14-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Well...That's Mr. Fatty- McFatFat there for ya. He is just trying to stay relevent.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Glad that you are honest... but join the army and know what power really a weapon holds. Its not death, its freedom for both

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join