It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well not earth. I don't live in the US and I've never heard of this guy.

Only read his story now and it's laughable the way people are going on about it.

From my perspective it just seems like the media played the whole racial thing in order to sell this story and folks are actually falling for it.

Who cares if he was black? If it was a latino or white would it have been less horrible?

What if Zimmerman wasn't living in some rich gated area but instead in a normal suburb. pfft, it's sick the way the media played the whole victim card on behalf of the deceased.

Life is a life and race shouldn't play a role in it or contribute to the value of the life.

Glad Zimmerman was found not guilty considering that so much was against him.

Not that it really changes anything in my life, though. There's other injustices taking place greater than this on which I can focus my attention.
edit on 14-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)
For someone who does not live in America you seem to see things about this case very clear.

Sometimes looking in from outside is what it takes to see things a little more clear.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JosephPalasky

Well not earth. I don't live in the US and I've never heard of this guy.

Only read his story now and it's laughable the way people are going on about it.

I really have to agree. I'm shocked anyone on a site like ATS (News hounds or at least news aware people) would not know this guys name. Not that they SHOULD know it, but because the media can't shut the hell up about it and have been riding this case like a case of clap in a Bangkok cat house since it started. I don't think it has ever really deserved national level coverage, but then, no one asks us little people about that huh?

One case becomes household news ..and another? Never even known outside a victim's family. The difference? Hell if I know. I really don't.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well this is great news, How ever I hope Zimmerman realizes he needs to leave the
country if he wants to live his life with some level of peace. Obama should do the right
thing and tell the states to let it go and accept the verdict, however I doubt he will do that.

why would you say that about Obama,??? he's the democratically elected president of the US, has 2 beautiful daughters, a great marriage, kept his nose to the grindstone, and made something of himself, despite a turbulent early family life...hmm...let's see, what could it be??...why would you think the president of the America WOULDN'T do the right thing????....hmm......just can't my finger on it...... but, you must have some reason for saying that, right?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ok yes the police dispatcher did tell him not to pursue. And I am also an active member of my neighborhood watch which I am the only one to hold a license to carry a concealed weapon.... Did I also mention I'm the youngest member of my watch?? What we do is WATCH never pursue. Now if someone breaks into my house that's a different story.

What we do is watch outside our homes and sometimes driving down our streets. And if we feel there is something out of the ordinary we report it to the authority's. Thats it...... Yep I said it.... I don't put on a costume and attempt to fight evil. My firearm is for my protection only not for becoming a vigilantly

That's the same SOP we have in our community.

And it works.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Nice to see justice after all the mis conduct.

The case should have been droped as comprimised as soon as the president stuck his nose in. To me that is mis conduct at the worst level and makes me disgusted. You expect that sort of thing in north korea not in a free western country that values a fair justice system...,.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yeah the reason is the . of state should not interfer with a ongoing criminal investigatiom or trial,

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
amarillo.com...

Each year, roughly 7,000 blacks are murdered. Ninety-four percent of the time, the murderer is another black person. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, between 1976 and 2011, there were 279,384 black murder victims. Using the 94 percent figure means that 262,621 were murdered by other blacks. Though blacks are 13 percent of the nation’s population, they account for more than 50 percent of homicide victims. Nationally, the black homicide victimization rate is six times that of whites, and in some cities, it’s 22 times that of whites. Coupled with being most of the nation’s homicide victims, blacks are most of the victims of violent personal crimes, such as assault and robbery.

amarillo.com...

“Wouldn’t you think to have 41 people shot (in Chicago) between Friday morning and Monday morning would be much more newsworthy and deserve much more outrage?” Former NAACP leader Pastor C.L. Bryant said the rallies organized by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson suggest there is an epidemic of “white men killing black young men,” adding: “The epidemic is truly black-on-black crime. The greatest danger to the lives of young black men are young black men.”

Where is the news media?

What are they up to?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

One case becomes household news ..and another? Never even known outside a victim's family. The difference? Hell if I know. I really don't.

I can tell you why.

Saddly certain elements of certain communitys have hjacked this case as a way to race baiit and bring in personal grudges.
edit on 14-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

lol,
yes you are right,. I must have been mislead in my views of his outstanding scandal free
performance since his election..

I am eagerly awaiting just what the thug club "Black panthers" are gonna say now, or
for that matter what idiotic move they will make to "Justify" the kid and honor
the prez..
Someone mentioned they were glad this was over..LOL. for all we know this will
be just oblama needs to push his DHS army for civilian peace..
Zimmerman is in just about as much hot water as Snowden

edit on 14-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
After reading some of the posts in this thread it bothers me the amount of people that don't care at all about facts, just the color of a persons skin.

I said it once before, where are the MLK type people looking for the content of a persons character and not the color of a persons skin????????

That breed of human being is, sadly, extremely close to extinction in this day and age.

What we have nowadays is a lot of race-based hysteria and a great many dim-witted people.

The future looks very dark...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Only in America do they think it is OK to racially profile a black kid and then be allowed to kill him.

No wonder the world can't stand that country. Yeah there is no racism in America
it is all in everyone's ..

??? Racially profile? TM was the one who used a racist term by calling GZ a "creepy white-ass cracker". Who racially profiled who? The only ones who made this racial were Obama "if I had a son he would look like TM", Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Funny not a peep from them when the black guy broke into the house in NJ a few weeks ago and beat up a white mother home alone with her child, or the black teenagers who shot a woman's baby a for no reason and killed it while the mother was out walking him in the stroller last year, or the 11 murders last week in Chicago as a result of black on black crime. They only chirp racism selectively when it serves their agenda.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl
reply to post by TDawgRex

You seem to be implying that if something is out of the ordinary in your neighborhood you should intervene which is simply not the case.

I am only guessing here but apparently you don't have a lot of crime in your neighborhood. If I see something odd or strange going on, I will check it out first and if I decide that it needs my intervention, well, I'll intervene. Been there, Done that on multiple occasions. Most times it wasn't even my neighborhood.

You can potentially be putting yourself or others in harms way. Again that's what the police are for. So what I own a pistol? Does that give me a right to approach random strangers?

When seconds count...the Police are only minutes away. Ever heard of that saying? And I have approached plenty of strangers in tense situations, usually by asking a simple question but in a calm but authoritative manner. I've come to realize that just by acting like this usually calms most people down.

If I ever did that I should get my a$! Beat as Zimmerman did. Only difference is I wouldn't pull my firearm out and murder someone for my mistake.

Then why in Gods name do you even have a CCW permit? Does it make you cool or something?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I can hear the screams across the country as I type.

The facts! Arrrrgh! The facts! They're hurting my brain! Make it stop!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sense the trial is over do you think maybe we can focus on more important issues, like Benghaz, IRS, NSA scandals, and the all the other future scandals.

For some reason I don't think that the government, and the liberal media is done with this story. What a shame!!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I am eagerly awaiting just what the thug club "Black panthers" are gonna say now, or
for that matter what idiotic move they will make to "Justify" the kid and honor
the prez..

They just need an exuse to do some more stupid things, they dont care bout TM, only the fact that he was black and that the other guy walk - if TM was white or other than black, they would just laugh at it.

Good to see the system works an the laws are followed - at first i thought Gz would get manslaughter, but it became more and more obvious that legally he was innocent - very nice ruling of the jury

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hats of to Zimmerman

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Funny, I thought I was the only one noticing the digression of the human race.

It seems that old age not only brings wisdom but you can't help but notice the extreme change in human nature.

Do I have to say "not for the better" or do you get my point?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The Zimmerman case had nothing to do with:
1. Segregation
2. Past injustices done to blacks for 400 years.
3. Racial profiling.
4. A white vs black crime.
5. Gun control.
6. Making up for all those injustices over the past 400 years.

It was about a thug 17 year old who attacked a man, and the victim felt his life was in danger and fired.

The MSM, DOJ, and Obama have made this case a national event due to inaccurate information, abrupt conclusions, and most of all, how could the nation allow a white man (Hispanic) to get away with shooting a black man?

Few were interested in facts. Most were out for revenge...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEMINI052165
Sense the trial is over do you think maybe we can focus on more important issues, like Benghaz, IRS, NSA scandals, and the all the other future scandals.

For some reason I don't think that the government, and the liberal media is done with this story. What a shame!!

They will beat this dead horse for quite awhile yet, especially until the NAACP's federal charges against Zimmerman push are denied or defeated.

Once there is no possible way left to imprison Zimmerman, the whole thing will become a footnote in history that will be dragged out and twisted to fit whatever supposedly racial event is going on at the time.

Ultimately, it will never go away.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the Emmit Till outcome.

Good ole' America.

Zimmerman, good job.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join