It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Anaana

Um, OK then.

Was that confusing? I apologise. I was responding to your comments regarding a "marketing clock" and the "side discussions" as a reflection of what you had been interested in reading this thread. The "count down", while the central subject of interest in another, very short, thread drawing from the FL site has not been the main topic of the conversation here, that, here, was the side discussion and didn't garner much interest, a little smattering here and there is all. I now wonder if maybe you've mixed the two threads up under the presumption that they cover similiar ground.

As a marketing device though, as the owner of a social media site, do you think it was effective for whatever it is that you think that they are marketing?

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SheepDipped

Okay, SheepDipped. Thanks for sure.
So, to cover this, I am regularly off topic, afraid of mind control (in your words), and:

Just don't fret when u can't grasp the whole picture, don't worry that you cannot look beyond the veil. Don't be ashamed. No one can.

For goodness sakes, I must really polish my writing skills, for I'm not sure how I've given you the impression I am operating out of fear, hereabouts or ashamed I don't understand.

I saw the exchange between you and Rosinitiate about my and KPB's convo, and assume you really didn't read it, bc at some point, you found it off topic enough to dismiss. Fair enough. Have you visited many 100 pg threads here? Most of them wander like this. Wandering was a full on part of this thread from about pg. 7…..

But I appreciate your remarks, even if I don't think they take into account what I really expressed. I don't post here because I'm "afraid" of mind control. I am wary of having things in my mind without my choice. I have reason to be, as anyone should. I write here to represent that viewpoint. It is quite important, actually. I could wax more philosophical but I find that usually people who do are lacking a true perspective, trying to influence or deflate the influence of others, for a specific motivation.

Let's call my writing here, motivation annealing.

I'm not afraid of much. I disrespect few. I understand completely.
But thanks for your encouragement, compassion, etc.
tetra

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Do we know for sure it's a marketing stunt? Honest question.
I've been busy and haven't had sufficient time to keep up to date the last 24 hours.

One discussion on a conspiracy website, reaching maybe 60 people if you include the non-member traffic?
PLUS they encrypt their website for invite only viewership?
Who's the target audience? Hackers?
So I don't see a justifiable payout for 4 years of extensive work in dead languages.
I mean honestly come on... Who else is talking about this but us, right here?
And the "Deadline clock" IS "counting" up, just to remind ya'll.
Unlike video games of days past who counted down to a trailer or release date...
That isn't normal or logical.

The 4-5 year time frame does fit for development of a really detailed video game, but everything else is just... strange. If it's a marketing stunt, it just doesn't figure to be an efficient cost to profit ratio.

Developers on the other hand... Doing this in their spare time? That I could buy.
I mean, they'd presumably have to develop loads of environmental and aesthetic content for the game anyway...
So they develop a blog to work on the booga booga language and visual content? Maybe the music videos are gonna be used in the game? And the site is invite only because they wanna protect intellectual property?
Eh... Dunno.

-A friend.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
The topic is obviously countdowns, I mean ups...can you buy one, do they fit in a box, are they available in many, many colours and do they represent final proof that entropy in the universe is going the wrong way?

I think you are neat, Sir.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian

Do we know for sure it's a marketing stunt? Honest question.

Honest answer, I haven't a clue. I was only responding to Springer's comment about the "marketing clock" and that was why I asked him those questions because it seems to me, as it does you, that if it is a marketing tool surely they must be marketing something, but what? Springer seems to see something that I, or we, don't. Of course, I was also pointing out, given the mirroring of imagery, that Springer may just be looking at the site as competition or comparison to this one that he owns...perhaps?

The FL site does seem to reflect back at those that look at it.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

We know for sure it wasn't a marketing stunt, any reference to an International Game can be taken as cryptic disinformation, the only information they hinted at and this seemed to be the principle reason for the return of 'Direne' was in terms of an experiment to take place somewhere in the Middle East, the general concerns of which were investigating the potential of opening a portal to the other side as it were in interdimensional terms, developing the capability to pass though barriers of time and space and perhaps kidnapping the odd alien along the way.

This correlates with their general theme of mirroring and so no surprises that they have mirrored the countdown, you count down to a certain point and then the consequences reflect in reverse over time from a point of happening. It's likely they will give some indication of how their experiment went, but perhaps they're busy fending off the interdimensional Demonic hordes at the moment...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Whats with the timer on the page at 1 day so many hours !

Also those posts have latitude and longitude on them !

top post is for San nicolas island

the second one down is in the atlantic ocean !

really odd

I noticed alot of the posts have heading which are star constellations , !

tau ceti , some really weird stuff !
would be good to learn one of these dead langauges and figure this out

Ideally maybe just emailing them and asking wouldnt be a bad idea whats the worst that could happen?
edit on 6-8-2015 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Like they say in math class, "would you show your work"?

Your opinion of the FL folks seems quite different than most
others.

Now - I know how i got my results about the fact they are
playing with 'extra dimensional critters' or at as is more
usually the case 'being played by extra dimensional
critters - as humans are generally the junior partner
in such an affair'.

But how did you come to that conclusion, based just
upon their web site?

Just curious if you would share with the class?

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The co-ordinates most likely relate to either the transmission or monitoring of information carrying energy signals carried in the form of the Cassini Diskus coding, they do research for example in potential or otherwise alien encoded transmissions and beacon systems, a major part of their research is also how such transmissions could directly communicate with the mind.

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

My work is here, two years of it.

edit on Kam831217vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0631 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I meant more recent events.

But fair enough.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
But I appreciate your remarks, even if I don't think they take into account what I really expressed. I don't post here because I'm "afraid" of mind control. I am wary of having things in my mind without my choice. I have reason to be, as anyone should.

There is a article in this weeks New Scientist that offers an overview, from their perspective, of ten questions that if answered could turn our (humanity's) understanding of ourselves on it's head. Much less meanderingly it covers the same breadth of topics discussed here in this thread, including those recently mentioned such as inter-dimensional "beasties" and cross-dimensional communications but one question, "what if we don't need our bodies?" really gave me pause for thought from a more personal perspective and seems relevant to what you say above even though the consideration of the article was voluntarily sharing and "downloading" of our "minds". I don't, as such, have a problem with sharing, inviting someone into my "mind", I can see distinct advantages, it'd make my life so much easier. What troubled me, a thought that they have introduced to me via this article, is that I, or rather my "mind", could be copied, reproduced in actuality, stolen even and sent off to start a despotic regime in some jungle enclave somewhere with a little tweaking. Besides those more fantastically based considerations I also think that it's also a Darwinianly dumb idea that provides us with the opportunity to limit our mental diversity as much as we have with our physical diversity.

Boom! Certain extinction.

Anyway, moving that thought along, I have, over the past few weeks, felt as though all the science fiction of my misspent youth was coming back to revisit me, and while reading that article it dawned on me that that is just how long it takes for the ideas to ferment, or rather the longer we're around the more we see ideas seeded and come to bear fruit.

Valis by Philip K Dick has been prominent in my mind particularly, and rightly so, I don't have sufficient interest or inclination to find the link, but a couple of days ago or so, FL posted an article which was soooooooo Valis that I couldn't help the cheesy grin that spread across my face. Valis, the idea, is everywhere right now. That idea, as it was plucked and nurtured by PKD, has been living and growing for about as long as I have been, and you can see where it has seeded and grown, you can follow it's geneaology, as you can with all powerful ideas. I feel a sense of vindication, on PKD's behalf (if I may be so boldly protective), he bore a tremendous weight but what he understood is eventually getting through loud and clear by the power of many individual minds continuing those explorations and sharing that burden day after day, year after year. Ideas need momentum, time and reflection, and dialogue, not debate. Like children, it takes many people to raise ideas.

Studies show that we accept our lack of free will when it suits us not to take responsibility, but claim free will when we want to punish the actions of others. Free will is an idea that has transformed into a semantic device losing it's initial or intended meaning, and hijacked as a means of constraint and control. There has always been that concern too with Valis.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Wish I had time for this thread
Toooooo long

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's interesting that PKD explored the
occult and was plagued by apparently
ED critters. There is always a price to
pay to burn so bright.

Now the people who claim free will
when it's convenient are still like
ants on a log flowing down a river;
what their actual opinion is about
'free will' doesn't much matter.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

You can use neutrinos. They hardly interact with anything, and they can cross from one end of the Earth to the other without interacting at all. Of course, this has a problem: your neutrino beam will not interact with the target either.

You can get the entire wall into a coherence state, though, making it oscillate in a specific way. You can then use a beam which oscillates at a different frequency such that atoms in the wall won't interact with atoms of the beam. This would turn the wall "invisible" to your beam. Or you can use a StarTrek teleportation thing, like this one:

Teleportation Scheme

Seems very similar to LCD or polarized light. I guess really what's the difference here? Very, very interesting.

If on a quantum level everything is already oscillating but once observed by the observer attaches itself to a solid state, how would one get it to oscillate. Meaning how would you remove the observence without removing the observer.

This is obviously thinking out loud. Not expecting a return.

But wouldn't the science behind LCD's be the same function you would create to walk through a wall?
edit on 6-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: Springer
And here we are, just exactly where I figured we'd be... Waiting on a marketing clock that hasn't had it's fulfillment of potential impressions yet...

Well, the side discussions were fascinating.

I was wondering if you were keeping an eye on this thread as it were.

I still find Forgotten Languages and their members curiously interesting, despite the muddle the thread can be...

Yeah me too.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Actually quantum states are much more fragile than even that..
I read an article recently that was discussing how even 'weak ass'
gravity decoheres quantum states.. just a height difference of say
one millimeter on Earth could be all it takes.

This is also why I suggested that FTL drive might be impossible,
as the same article discussed that relativistic effects destroy
quantum effects, and we cannot envision anything as more
'techno powerful' than 'quantum tech'; but of course this is
just a failure of imagination.

EDH might be the only game in town..and not necessarily
even so-called 'jump drive' may work.. just perhaps
'walking between the dimensions'.. though of course there
are theories about multiple time dimensions.. so maybe
if you could go 45 degrees angular from our time stream,
maybe you could manage some sort of real 'star drive'
in a nuts and bolts sense, by manipulating the flow of time.

But all quantum talk aside.. I think most honest scientists
would say that despite how well it works.. we are probably
missing some major thing, that would resolve all the quantum
weirdness, and when we do figure that out.. that's a big
game changer.

I did have this long discussion with a 'plasma life form' once
about how FTL drives work.. but I've never met one that
doesn't lie, or at least greatly exaggerate.. so i don't
take it seriously. Was entertaining though.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Isn't it fitting that a project (FL) aimed at finding the perfect language, would inspire discussions
about the nature of reality?

It's right in the programming code. It's self referential.

The first languages were created to help us describe reality so we could share ideas.
Now those ideas have changed the very reality they were invented to describe.

The universe is digital, and the real wall is made of words.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian
Isn't it fitting that a project (FL) aimed at finding the perfect language, would inspire discussions
about the nature of reality?

It's right in the programming code. It's self referential.

The first languages were created to help us describe reality so we could share ideas.
Now those ideas have changed the very reality they were invented to describe.

The universe is digital, and the real wall is made of words.

Perhaps I'm wrong, as I've certainly not studied this thread in detail..
but aren't the FL folks trying to discover how to read and manipulate
the state that comes before spoken language?

But your point is valid.

Kev

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Potato tomato.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

FL is studying how insane the minds can go.

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join