It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Just to complete the countdown letdown:

It probably has something to to with lost the tv show 04.08.15 16:23

Source

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
Just to complete the countdown letdown:

It probably has something to to with lost the tv show 04.08.15 16:23

Source

No, this is just the half way mark. Now it has to count up for 7 years.

See you on the "flip" side.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SheepDipped

Ok, SheepDipped: Who is the one pumping the thought process and words you just wrote down iinto your brain, then? By your definition, then I guess all our actions are thoughts are the work of something else, other than our own.
There are two extremes to that spectrum: no free will/puppets or control over our discreet selves, but perhaps, not the environment. To think either of those is completely accurate seems very silly to me.

And I am quite wary of being told to stay on topic while I'm discussing language, the motivations of a supposed group of linguists, the development of a language either in coded writing/symbols and/or meant to be "delivered" directly to the mind at a certain hz.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
I know it's inevitable. But when 2 people have a conversation 2 pages in length with no other replys, it just seems better suited for a personal message situation. I don't want to be reading private conversations. I'm not fl

However, I'm not a mod, so you don't have to listen to me. I'm just an innocent bystander.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

You start with the premise vampires exist

Why ?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's why I stopped.

Kev

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50
It is silly. Believe me, I know! The universe is silly. And no, I don't think either one of those choices are accurate. Infact, I think they are all inaccurate. I think that we are but mere seconds into our far off journey through understanding the evolution of consciousness. And I'm glad that you question. Believe me. We all need to be questioning everything, everywhere. It is the only way we are ever going to come close to making sense of this whirlwind of senses and emotions, turmoil in this hollow void of space. Whether we are slaves to environment or slaves to quantum physics, I do not know. No one does. But, it doesn't mean we shouldn't try to understand. Just don't fret when u can't grasp the whole picture, don't worry that you cannot look beyond the veil. Don't be ashamed. No one can.

I once took a philosophy course called Darwin, and the evolution of thought. We learned how everything is just physics; life was created by chance determination, and we are all simply the building blocks of simple algorithms that stacked and stacked until lightning struck and they achieved the ability to duplicate. They had it all figured out, those professors. Daniel Dennett even came and taught at my school. Then, quantum physics went mainstream, and turned all of theses professors' staunch environmental physics only one sided viewpoint on it's head. Now everyone is confused.

But, confusion is good. At least we are still learning. And a hundred years from now this conversation will seem primitive and our science wrong. Good. Socrates knew all along, "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
And low and behold, Plato's' 'forms' share many similarities with modern day quantum physics. Mysterious, ain't it? We could be soul containers, we could be purely physical and this ethereal realm is simply a psychic construct of our falsely created consciousness that evolution bestowed upon us to help us develop the best breeding strategy, we could be in a simulation, we could be smeared to the wall of a black hole experiencing the past tense through the holographic projection of a singularity. Who knows. Socrates sure didn't. But, it never hurts to ask. Just don't let the questions hurt you.

edit on 4-8-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This response gets no arguments from me.

You can go all hardcore science, or all hardcore in (some)
forms of the esoteric, and it seems you wind up in very
similar places.

And even after that, we barely know anything at all.

But it doesn't hurt to keep plugging away, so long as
we don't damage ourselves in the process. It's
actually extraordinarily easy to damage ourselves
with this stuff.

Kev

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheepDipped
I know it's inevitable. But when 2 people have a conversation 2 pages in length with no other replys, it just seems better suited for a personal message situation. I don't want to be reading private conversations. I'm not fl

However, I'm not a mod, so you don't have to listen to me. I'm just an innocent bystander.

Sometimes I gain the greatest insight by being the fly on the wall, other times I like being the poop smear.

You know, if you read the last 6 pages and remove the two you speak of, you still haven't missed anything.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It's often the off topic posts which are
the best ones.

Kev

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
And here we are, just exactly where I figured we'd be... Waiting on a marketing clock that hasn't had it's fulfillment of potential impressions yet...

Well, the side discussions were fascinating.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ya'll are gonna think I'm completely off my rocker, but...
Contributor name "Ayndryl Reganah" is phonetic. Say it out loud and you'll see what I mean.

Angel Regina.
See how the Ds and Gs run together?

True purpose of this website?
I bet Keanu Reeves knows.

For those who keep digging-
Be careful. Ya might done git yerself killed.

-A friendly word of caution.
edit on 5-8-2015 by LAkadian because: because things and stuff

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
And here we are, just exactly where I figured we'd be... Waiting on a marketing clock that hasn't had it's fulfillment of potential impressions yet...

An apt reflection and doesn't it pretty much sum up ATS as a whole? And why not, it's only "social media" after all. In contrast to FL however, the only concern here is bums on seats. Going round in circles, endless repeats of the same content with no discernible sense of direction or sense of accomplishment beyond that business model, it's not as if any "standard" is maintained beyond the social...you'd have to have been pretty naive not to reach the conclusion that you have reached, from your seat amongst it all particularly.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian
Also know that if y'all keep digging too much,
you might done git yerself killed.

Pretty much anything might get you killed and you can always multiply those chances if surrounded by dumb ass skittish types prone to friendly fire. Soooo...

Deary me.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

Yes, you're right. Have you tried comm with her?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just sent the email.

Hahhahahahahaha.

Yeah Joshint

Hey just because I warned others to be careful, doesn't mean I ain't personally an idiot.
Hahaha.

Good times.

a reply to: joshint

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LAkadian
Hey just because I warned others to be careful, doesn't mean I ain't personally an idiot.
Hahaha.

Good times.

The true spirit of adventure!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Thanks, Shnookems.
I knew someone would understand.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

Well, the side discussions were fascinating.

I was wondering if you were keeping an eye on this thread as it were.

I still find Forgotten Languages and their members curiously interesting, despite the muddle the thread can be...
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 05 Aug 2015 16:55:38 -0500pm4America/Chicago by abeverage because: thread muddling

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Um, OK then.

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join