It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 156
<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheepDipped
a reply to: Serdgiam
www.youtube.com...
Ain't that the truth. We are constantly evolving as a species, and anyone not conforming to the societal standards present today may be looked at with fear and scorn, but might just be displaying advantages of evolution which modern psychology has yet to recognize.
Plus, this guy makes a great point on mental illness. The same psychiatrists who lock ppl away today would lock up Jesus and Buddha if they were alive today. Scary stuff.

That is the best 9 minute and 5 second video I have ever seen, thank you
for posting it.

What I like to say, is that humans are destroying all life on Earth right as
we speak (the 6th Great Mass Extinction, the Anthropocene), yet humans
call themselves sane and wise ('sapiens' means wise).

Humans as a whole, are neither sane nor wise.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey again, Serdigiam:

TL;DR: I see such things as different manifestations of the same stimuli, that differs according to environment, location, and system(brain) structure. What structures are accepted or rejected depends on consensus reality, which is the "pen" that writes our story.

My experience, granted, may not be like others….However, I think you leave out an important component of control mechanisms here, regardless of what they are. If we agree that the environment ,and/or we are controlled within it, then ignoring that means talking of this as though there are choices which may, in fact, may not exist, whatsoever. How do the "manifestations of the same stimuli" relate to "accepted structures" and consensus reality, for instance….

Can we define the "pen" that writes our story without these questions?
respectfully,
tetra

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

originally posted by: SheepDipped
www.youtube.com...
Ain't that the truth. We are constantly evolving as a species, and anyone not conforming to the societal standards present today may be looked at with fear and scorn, but might just be displaying advantages of evolution which modern psychology has yet to recognize.
Plus, this guy makes a great point on mental illness. The same psychiatrists who lock ppl away today would lock up Jesus and Buddha if they were alive today. Scary stuff.

That is the best 9 minute and 5 second video I have ever seen, thank you
for posting it.

What I like to say, is that humans are destroying all life on Earth right as
we speak (the 6th Great Mass Extinction, the Anthropocene), yet humans
call themselves sane and wise ('sapiens' means wise).

Kev

Surely it is well known and accepted that "shamans" in our modern day society would generally be considered either drug addicts or insane, or both. (As to the addiction remark, many tribal shamans use herbal concoctions before and whilst embarking on a spirit symbiosis. It isn't unusual at all.) Here's a link for shamanic hallucinogenics: www.entheology.org... And, many who describe the kundalini waking up experience, or even just waking up to conspiracy theory and it's possible validity, would then be categorized by psychiatric professionals as "insane," or at the very least, paranoid. If you just google kundalini, (which I doubt you need to do), waking up and insanity, it will yield some very interesting results….

But, Kev, where do these concepts of sanity or wisdom come from, originally, if not from humans?
tetra
edit on 3-8-2015 by tetra50 because: link addition
edit on 3-8-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

You may recall that I consider myself a practicing 'shaman' whatever that means.
You may also recall that I spent over 30 years researching (in depth) the 'real
science' behind 'Kundalini'.

And yes on 'Kundalini' I helped various people over the years deal with
'Kundalini psychosis'. I helped some.. but mostly once you have
'Kundalini' (a plasma lifeform lodged in your brain) you are going to
go insane and stay insane and probably die.

It's small wonder that new age groups want nothing to do with me..
they don't have the balls and ovaries to deal with the down and dirty
realities you run into, at the very bottom of the bunny hole. Well in all
fairness, most people have a built in 'governor' which will prevent
them from 'going all the way'. So they can play their little 'spiritual
games'.

It's nearly impossible for me to talk about this stuff on ATS for various
reasons.

Yes, by definition of society, I'm sure i have racked up a huge list of
diagnosis.. but I'm quite functional.. and happy... and I've pretty
much walked away from this part of myself.. other than posting
a bit on ATS and trying to find a few more linkages between sets
of data I possess .. I'm curious as a cat sometimes..

As for what's sane and insane? Wise and not wise?

It's all societal consensus.

But.

If we humans went to an alien planet and saw them carrying on
like we do --- killing and destroying everything.. we would most
CERTAINLY call them 'insane'.

But since it's us.. we get a pass?

Not on your life.. not from me.

Just use that one little perspective doubling trick, and it should
be obvious to most everyone that humans are insane.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

If we humans went to an alien planet and saw them carrying on
like we do --- killing and destroying everything.. we would most
CERTAINLY call them 'insane'.

Does anything in my post, or in any of my posts, give anyone a pass for that? I think not. Killing and hurting others deserves no pass, as far as I'm concerned. Not consciously, anyway. But living isn't quite that simple, KPB. You really think it is?

I often have the experience that I am aware of something or a place, and two or so days later, something horrible is reported happening in connection to just what I was thinking of a few days earlier. Does that mean that connection is real? Does that mean I'm paranoid? Does that mean I did something wrong thinking of it?

NO.

It doesn't mean any of those things.

The one thing this thread has made me question the most is what "human," is, really; what "alien" is, really. Where are we, really? If we aren't where we think we are, aren't what we think we are, and not all the same "thing," respectfully, then all those assumptions based on assumed definitions of all the attendant are out the window……because, for one, there'd be a hidden war of species,of humanity, perhaps, all waged by the use of APPEARANCE of species, twisted by the communication through LANGUAGE….., etc.
That's the point, here. We shouldn't miss it.

Who knows what we are. When someone speaks to you, who knows what they're really saying?
Who knows what all that really means? Is it local or non local…..a justification for something that, within a time and space categorization, has, in fact, already happened, and we're going round in a circle to make the destroyers, look better than what they were?

None of us know.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Tetra,

you are living in your head too much.

It makes you unstable when you do that.

Play with your puppy dog. Your puppy dog
doesn't drive him or her self nuts with all
this stuff.

It's impossible to pin down the ultimate nature
of 'reality'.

But we don't have to.

We don't need to.

It's not even advisable if we could.

We should talk sometime.. I care about you.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

KPB: I appreciate you care about me. I care about you, as well.
Frankly, I am very tired of people who when I write cogent responses to their POVs, tell me I am unstable.
My dogs are now dead, KPB. See the avatar: that's my second dead dog in less than five months. Read my friggin threads, if you care so much…..just like I read yours, and respond….bc I figure a response from a friend truly considering your thoughts is better than being ignored.

Respectfully, I'm not unstable. I would talk to you anytime, but like more than a few I've engaged with here who level the unstable moniker upon me, I will no longer engage or speak on your threads……or perhaps any longer on ATS. It gets ridiculous after a while. Where do we all live? In our heads. We don't live in our legs, our torsos, our arms……

Our heads are what work out where we are. It's what I've been telling you in three different threads. And very few of us agree or perceive of that in the same way. Stop blaming whatever created us and this. We hardly even know what that is, what it really is, or where we really are. That's not unstable. It's sensible.
Take care.
tetra

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Well now I've stepped in it.

I apologize for saying what I did in my previous post.

I know that when I've gotten obsessive about not
being able to determine the infinite/absolute nature
of everything iv'e hurt myself. Maybe i was just
projecting..

I was just suggesting you take care of yourself.

I do remember you posting that your two (if I recall)
dogs had died and how hard that was for you.. I
understand.. when my 2 favorite kitties died it was
so horrible. I didn't know you hadn't gotten another
puppy dog friend.

I'm always a risk taker. My wife is too.

Sometimes when I'm going around in circles
too much she just 'shocks me still'..

That's one way of showing that you care.

Note to self: don't try that again.

Sigh. Bummer. I'm feeling pretty bad.

Take care,

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Don't feel bad. I love and value your opinion. It's why I respond, and even care to consider what you write.
But, if I express differently, please stop jumping on the wounded, unstable tetra bandwagon……cause I'm not, at least, unstable. I represent as valid a point of view as anyone.

Realizing a lack of surety of anything we take to be
"factual" is quite scary……
The fact that I'm actively trying to acknowlege the informance of my cognitive dissonance, that many experience, equally, to consider I know very little, doesn't make me unstable.
Regards, always,
tetra
edit on 3-8-2015 by tetra50 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

Don't feel bad. I love and value your opinion. It's why I respond, and even care to consider what you write.
But, if I express differently, please stop jumping on the wounded, unstable tetra bandwagon……cause I'm not, at least, unstable. I represent as valid a point of view as anyone.

Realizing are lack of surety of anything we take to be
"factual" is quite scary……
The fact that I'm actively trying to acknowlege the informance of my cognitive dissonance, that many experience, equally, to consider I know very little, doesn't make me unstable.
Regards, always,
tetra

Thank you for accepting my error and setting me straight.

You can assuredly tell that I have been horribly wounded
for entire decades of my life..that I too have been fighting
to heal myself. It's only the past year where i feel all my
hard work has pretty much paid off in that regard.

I understand better than anyone.. that holding all this stuff
inside and sorting it out.. when it's all so different.. science..
(beloved)... spirituality.. (beloved but not trusted).. sanity...
(somewhat optional).. is ROUGH.

Actually... it's rather strange..

you don't have to believe this..

About 2 posts back i was about to send out, either in a public
post or as an IM something like,

"wow! you've really grown"

to show my appreciation how well your cognitive processes
are working.

but then it seemed that you were 'thermostatting' pretty
rapidly there.. and I stupidly said what I did.

I swear I don't have two neurons which can find each
other sometimes..

So... you still want to try and grind out the real
meaning of the 'control system' which has us in
"it's grip" --- is that one of your core concerns still?

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Oh yes, absolutely, KPB, as to the control system, its grindings, feeding that machine and how we all respond in regard to that. My entire life is informed, as to that. I was trying to express that long ago, but THAT was when I was still too wounded to sometimes even understand, anything other than I wanted to warn others of this Version. who knows which number and was truly too fractured to cogently represent what I've known a long time, because I was so spun……

But that's no longer the case…..though there are still prices and pain….but that goes for all of us. And knowing that, retaining that compassion, becomes omniprescent. The more I read, here and everwhere, the more in my head, the more I've no right to judge….

This is scary, and can make it impossible to keep navigating life. I know this quite well. But one has to keep trying. And the point here, is if we can share all that, help each other keep being honest about it and looking for answers, and forgiving enough to keep living. I think many of us here with like viewpoints respond to one another, but tend to be actively divided and conquered while we are engaging. In short, we can more easily scare one another, because we see parts of ourselves in one another we've not been confronting in order to cope in RL

What results from that, if we've lost a potential person whom we share so much with and can consider from the POV, and then what we're sharing here has the danger of losing more and more validity, but more poentially becoming an argumentative, aggressive exchange.

All that is part of language, communication, media, narrative collection, sock accounts etc……and all the way UP that rabbit hole from there.
tetra

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So do you think that we are all kept at each other's throats
just due to our own lack of maturity as a species, or that
there is something actively keeping us stuck like in the
dark ages and the current 'dim ages' that we are in now?

Now obviously media and political scare-mongering.. but
anything more existential than that?

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

So do you think that we are all kept at each other's throats
just due to our own lack of maturity as a species, or that
there is something actively keeping us stuck like in the
dark ages and the current 'dim ages' that we are in now?

Now obviously media and political scare-mongering.. but
anything more existential than that?

Kev

absolutely and both, yes.
More existential: as to are we politically and media controlled, actively, by a given, presented system of dynamics creating influences on an old paradigm, perhaps, where a war was lost, erased, and we've actually been experiencing a reversal of all fortune, so to speak, to re engineer the dynamics in which it occurred.

It's almost as though we've left one place and gone to another, or technology won the battle and was then used to recursively back engineer dates, times, history, engineering, science and invention……

or…..
I'm not sure. And language is obviously an integral part of that. Is the language evolving, or devolving, for instance. Does it represent, when we speak, what we wish to mean, or could it be taken some different way, entirely, so to divide us more, for none of us really know what we say to one another?

This, in itself, the most basic, overall issue in this room, of how what we say is perceived, and used to define us as individuals, how we appear, and how all that is influenced to influence a bigger narrative, possibly.
tet

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You said,

"It's almost as though we've left one place and gone to another, or technology won the battle and was then used to recursively back engineer dates, times, history, engineering, science and invention…… "

You feel 'out of time' ?

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well, that's only one possible explanation.
That contains some of my own personal memory experience, with other theories I've read. When I think leaving personal conjecture behind, it's just possible an obvious control system application to our environment and ourselves, simultaneously.

But then adding my personal experiences, this recursive back engineering of an already happened consequence is one way of understanding recollecting the same event in many different consequential conclusions, all at the same time. And perhaps it's just the control system, right now, who knows.

I have to realize I will likely never know. And still be okay with that. And be okay with those who call me unbalanced for recognizing all that, and those who can't even begin to get their heads around what I'm trying to say.

For sure, I don't think we're supposed to know.
On my best days, I think this is because (the only reason I can currently imagine, and there may be more outside my current potential or imagination, I hope, anyway) we are going through some kind of test of faith.

At the end, it doesn't matter what you believe. The only power you have is over yourself, even if sometimes, you may not even have that, these days. And so, then, the best you can do is strive to know yourself, and communicate that in a genuine manner, and what is important to you. And when that doesn't work somehow, say, I'm human, I'm sorry, and seek to amend whatever blip that caused. And move on.

The moving on can be very difficult, though. Our relationships, I think, inform a lot of our paradigmic experience. And what I was saying on another, physics based thread to this approach of thinking, is that it's all paradigm, really. And we know not fully what informs it, keeps us in one and not another, and changes it when it does effect change, which is rare…..but entirely worth hanging in there for. And then, who knows, KPB, if that "shift" I describe is within ourselves and then our perspective, and that's why we observe it…..or the other way around.
tet

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So are you envisioning a 'matrix' sort of environment and you are
hoping for some sort of spiritual salvation to come our way?

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You know increasingly, yours and my discussion on this thread, though it may seem off topic, seems to me to get to the core of the communication issue, defining words and using them to express meaning, more and more, in the most basic, elemental of ways.

What you just described, when reading it, seems what I'm describing, but when you say it like that, it sounds devoid of the meaning I'm striving to impart. The problem there, seems to me to be, you are tired of terms like god, religion, salvation, creator, etc. And frankly, so am I. This is why I often vascilate between science, or supposed factual analysis per a defined set of rules per material and theoretical physics we currently have, if we wanna get fancy with what I really mean. But see how many words it takes to totally nail down what I do mean and what I don't, when if I just said "vascillating between science and spirituality:" (which I haven't defined as completely here as science, obviously, cause that's a lot harder, gives a much more simplistic and incomplete, devoid of all fine distinctions, and therefore, easily seen as "buzzwords" that denote: unstable member speaking out of drunken state?
LOLOLOL

That's just a small exercise in "real-time" lacking language perception, meaning and potentials communication lacking or present, there.

I don't know, truthfully.
Every day I try to remain as open as possible, while being secure. This is for me, the true essence of the cognitive dissonance we all live within, while still trying to learn.
tet

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I understand fully.

I don't actually like spirituality/religion/science/philosophy PER SE,
but some unholy mix of those is the best that i can do to communicate
(see - I understand fully!)

Sigh.

But I will say, that you are the second person in this thread who
seems to feel 'out of place in time' at least metaphorically,
and one other person may seem to feel something like that too?
(the ancient Mars angle?)

I myself feel a perpetual dysphoria of another type..
from the womb onward.. it's just 25% or so in
intensity.. so I can mostly ignore it.

But to sum up a little bit on topic.. there seems to be
plenty of dysphoria on places like ATS, and that
dysphoria could be due to all sorts of social engineering
and technological type of things.. such as pulsed EM
and maybe we just create cover stories for it as a
psychological defense mechanism.

I don't know either.

Kev

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I know you understand fully. This is one of the reasons I visit your threads, and persist and replying to your comments. We may be navigating what that means to our real lives in different ways at that time that we're posting on a subject matter, that day, but I think we've got the full spectrum of each other's possible belief structures.

Having said that, I think those belief structures are pretty vast. Some people, here, clearly navigate life with a vast knowledge and faith and belief in pure science, whether it's standard model, material physics or theoretical, or metaphysical property potentials, or biogenetic engineering and what appears to be "natural" biogenetics. Then we can easily segue into what we perceive to be "nature," and from there….creative engineering, all the way to religious perspectives, and back again, to just being, spiritual, and whatever we may define that to be, which I usually see people speak of when they see some divine force at work in life they hold reverent, but don't know if it's Biblically based God or something entirely different. These are all the different words, connoting concepts of one or another, to express this search for meaning and validity all living things seem to experience. And I stop at saying human living things, because I'm not entirely sure we have the answers at all to what is human, what is alien, what is one species or another……and just from apparently observing human in this lifetime, I know enough to know black , brown, white, purple, blue, yellow, all that color coding skin tone crap, no matter what language we speak, we all gotta breathe, love, think, have dreams and nightmares, sweat , go to the bathroom, etc.

In other words, we seem to have more in common than not.
Matters not what color we are. I've met many who match my skin tone, but I agree with nothing about.

I just don't know.
I just know I have to keep questioning, searching, and the part that matters about others, there, is, another perspective always helps clarify and teaches, something.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You should make a post. I don't
want to crap up this lovely FL
one any further. (though the
roots of communication we
have been discussing are as
you say not entirely off topic).

This topic of yours is fascinating.

top topics

<< 153  154  155    157  158  159 >>