It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: sapien82

Pictish was just Brythonic without any Latin elements it tends to be considered these days.

a reply to: boozo

Brotherman...oh dear.

Why me

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

What a great reply, Anaana, thanks.
As to this part, specifically:

really gave me pause for thought from a more personal perspective and seems relevant to what you say above even though the consideration of the article was voluntarily sharing and "downloading" of our "minds". I don't, as such, have a problem with sharing, inviting someone into my "mind", I can see distinct advantages, it'd make my life so much easier. What troubled me, a thought that they have introduced to me via this article, is that I, or rather my "mind", could be copied, reproduced in actuality, stolen even and sent off to start a despotic regime in some jungle enclave somewhere with a little tweaking

Yeah, I can see how it might be a "big help," at times, as well. But then there's the obvious of your mind being "copied," and used without your consent in the worst possible ways….

and then the obvious, here, which seems to be missed by many, and addressed sideways, by you, here:

Studies show that we accept our lack of free will when it suits us not to take responsibility, but claim free will when we want to punish the actions of others. Free will is an idea that has transformed into a semantic device losing it's initial or intended meaning, and hijacked as a means of constraint and control. There has always been that concern too with Valis.

There is free will, and then there is free thought. If will, and therefore, action, generate from thought, and you cannot determine where the thought originated, whether from you or outside of you through another "hz," then does it beg the question, really, to ask, then, where our actions come from?

This is what I was trying to say to SheepDipped. If you take that perspective, then I guess it's alright with you, if I say everything you just said, thought and then wrote, really came from me? Or anyone else who cares to claim credit for it?

This is the danger, here. And yes, it was introduced long ago with PKD's Vallis, of which I'm very familiar. Did you know that the distinguishing feature between science "fiction" and science "fantasy," is to be science ficiton, it must be theoretically, scientifically possible. Perhaps this definition, alone, should give us pause…..

Anyone who has lived, simply, with intrusive thoughts that seemed to "come from nowhere," meaning, by necessity, it wasn't thought product recognizeable to the "thinker" as their own, as in it had never occurred before, and was unlike anything the experiencer had experienced previously in their own mind…..thoughts such as what I describe can haunt, unhinge, to the point of inability of function, turning living and drawing breath into a living, waking nightmare.
To me, this describes the difference between the possible bad of language and images delivered at a certain hz without personal permission, outweighing the good….making life easier, with a little "tweaking."

Further, as to responsibility, accepted or denied, and "will" under the described circumstances, it's then impossible to tell whose will is whose, and just where thought and action originates. It isn't a matter, any longer, of just saying, simply in a motivation annealing moment, as your reply seems to address to mine, that such protestations are to deny responsibility. If everything you've previously discussed in your reply is possible and true, then it truly would be in question just who was responsible for whose actions, wouldn't it?

tetra
edit on 11-8-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
KPB:
With all due respect:

Like they say in math class, "would you show your work"?

Your opinion of the FL folks seems quite different than most
others.

This is a very long thread. Some of us, including, necessarily the author, have been here, years. And no, I think most of us who were here from the beginning reached the exact same conclusion she did, with all due respect. If you've read the thread, it would be quite obvious, from a contiguous perspective.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Semantics about 'free will' are trying to dance with angels on the
head of a pin and are of no value.

Humans cannot effectively do what they want to do, in any
meaningful sense, as their brains were evolved in a certain
way without their consent, they don't know where their
thoughts come from, and they have no choice but to obey
whether they think it's their idea or not.

So whether we quibble about thought or will or whatever
second word we want.. the first word - free is the key
word here. We aren't free now, and will never be 'free'.

We are enmeshed in a long evolutionary process with
many influences. Freedom is not an option.

As anyone who goes to the bottom of the bunny hole
can tell you, and lots of folks in history have done
that, the very 'sense of self' is the grandest illusion
of them all.

By definition, an illusion cannot be free, as it is
innately part of someone else's game.

To me, arguing about 'free will' is one of the silliest
things that humans can do.... as I don't have the
freedom to take my position and others don't
have the freedom to take their position,
yet here we are banging away like the little
actors in the play that we are anyway.

Kev

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
KPB:
With all due respect:

Like they say in math class, "would you show your work"?

Your opinion of the FL folks seems quite different than most
others.

This is a very long thread. Some of us, including, necessarily the author, have been here, years. And no, I think most of us who were here from the beginning reached the exact same conclusion she did, with all due respect. If you've read the thread, it would be quite obvious, from a contiguous perspective.

So let me get this straight, this quote from Kantz:

"We know for sure it wasn't a marketing stunt, any reference to an International Game can be taken as cryptic disinformation, the only information they hinted at and this seemed to be the principle reason for the return of 'Direne' was in terms of an experiment to take place somewhere in the Middle East, the general concerns of which were investigating the potential of opening a portal to the other side as it were in interdimensional terms, developing the capability to pass though barriers of time and space and perhaps kidnapping the odd alien along the way.

This correlates with their general theme of mirroring and so no surprises that they have mirrored the countdown, you count down to a certain point and then the consequences reflect in reverse over time from a point of happening. It's likely they will give some indication of how their experiment went, but perhaps they're busy fending off the interdimensional Demonic hordes at the moment..."

You are telling me, that from the early day of this FL posting, that
you knew that the FL folks had built a machine to open a rift in
space/time in the middle east, and are perhaps busy fending off
interdimensional demonic hordes at the moment?

That this is your opinion as to what FL is doing at this exact time in
the middle east as a result of their timer counting down?

If I had said, hey Tetra! what's with the counter? You would
have come back with that?

Kev

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Howdy folks.

Sorry I've been absent for a while and still will only be sporadic for a while longer as the 'Real Life' continues to be crazy busy. I must say however that if this is in any way engineered by our friends at FL using Giselian Mind Tricks or whatever then we need to get a physical address for these people, and fast. I want to send them a gift basket and a thank you note.

Anyways, I have finally caught up on my private messages. Those of you who have contacted me - check your inboxes - and more on this in a moment.

Nice to see this thread moving again with discussion and speculation. Also good to see PKD making an appearance, the VALIS experiences had been lingering in the back of my mind through some of the the Cassini Diskus discussion. Information transmitted directly to the mind via a beam of light indeed. This essay additionally seems to circle about some of the notions floating around here. In particular this passage:

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words. George Orwell made this clear in his novel 1984. But another way to control the minds of people is to control their perceptions. If you can get them to see the world as you do, they will think as you do. Comprehension follows perception. How do you get them to see the reality you see? After all, it is only one reality out of many. Images are a basic constituent: pictures. This is why the power of TV to influence young minds is so staggeringly vast. Words and pictures are synchronized. The possibility of total control of the viewer exists, especially the young viewer. TV viewing is a kind of sleep-learning. An EEG of a person watching TV shows that after about half an hour the brain decides that nothing is happening, and it goes into a hypnoidal twilight state, emitting alpha waves. This is because there is such little eye motion. In addition, much of the information is graphic and therefore passes into the right hemisphere of the brain, rather than being processed by the left, where the conscious personality is located. Recent experiments indicate that much of what we see on the TV screen is received on a subliminal basis. We only imagine that we consciously see what is there. The bulk of the messages elude our attention; literally, after a few hours of TV watching, we do not know what we have seen. Our memories are spurious, like our memories of dreams; the blank are filled in retrospectively. And falsified. We have participated unknowingly in the creation of a spurious reality, and then we have obligingly fed it to ourselves. We have colluded in our own doom.

The idea of Cassini Diskus as a language that is seen and heard rather than read seems somewhat analogous to what Dick is saying about TV here.

So, jumping back to private messages, how many of us have received something like this? I know I'm not the only one.

From Direne's account on June 16th:

Dear HerbertAshe,

My name is Karadne and I am the administrator of the FL site.

Please, be advised that ad hominem attacks are not allowed, neither tolerated, nor accepted. You can freely express your views on the contents of our site, whatever those views may be. However, personal opinions on people, insults, and gossips do not fall within the freedom of speech and will be prosecuted using all legal means available.

I also want you to know that your personal details have been collected should we need to take further legal actions.

And by something like this, I mean barely veiled yet empty threats wrapped in an utterly miserable lack of humour. Although it's been a while since I practiced law I cannot recall any particular international statutes against calling someone pretentious on an internet forum. Actually, just jumping back through the posts it looks as if my prosecutable ad hominem attack was referring to Direne as a troll.

Yeah, ATS really needs a 'shoulder shrug' icon.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: HerbertAshe

I received a personalised response to my inquest into the picts and their dead language you can read the reply I received above !

I agree cassini diskus is a language which is visual but is based on sound or rather the sound being played back by an algorithm which detects sound based on shapes once the image is scanned as such it is then played and reveals the message
sort of like a vinyl record and a needle , all you really need is the needle (program) and you can decipher the message.

I figured this out because Ayndryl posted on the youtube channel , the correct decoding of cassini diskus where a vertical line proceeds across the image from left to right and audio is played !

surely there is tech out there than can take sound and embed it in an image like a code in picture and play it back when scanned

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I never directly had any communication with Karadne but I do know she is an amazing artist and I was happy my art was used along hers and was done very well. I'm glad I got things put together alongside hers as it makes the work I do and they do come together and I get to see things I've done differently. In this regard I do not think that she is a malicious or bad person.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

when I contacted the FL site Ayndryl was more than helpful , just goes to show a little diplomacy goes along way !

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Now they removed the count-up and replaced it with Alphabet.

So, FL is part of Alphabet now?

abc.xyz...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Lots of food for thought in that post

Thank you for the link to PKD's essay, what an amazing read!! The part you quoted I find a bit frightening - I mean, considering it was written in 1978 and we can see how much worse TV (as well as other media) has gotten with regard to 'embedded' mental programming 'stuff'.

Thanks also for the response to my PM, I appreciated your take on it.

...You know, I don't want to alarm you, but it strikes me that the threat of "legal actions" may merely have been an excuse to let you know that they know "your personal details", which seems to me to (possibly) imply a more serious 'type' of threat -
- It's probably good that you shared that here

edit on 11-8-2015 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
well I never gave them my name and my accounts are private and Ayndryl addressed me with my first name !

so..........

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So, they own Google now?

Is that how they tracked your real name?
edit on 11-8-2015 by joshint because: G is for Google

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

So let me get this straight, this quote from Kantz:

"We know for sure it wasn't a marketing stunt, any reference to an International Game can be taken as cryptic disinformation, the only information they hinted at and this seemed to be the principle reason for the return of 'Direne' was in terms of an experiment to take place somewhere in the Middle East, the general concerns of which were investigating the potential of opening a portal to the other side as it were in interdimensional terms, developing the capability to pass though barriers of time and space and perhaps kidnapping the odd alien along the way.

This correlates with their general theme of mirroring and so no surprises that they have mirrored the countdown, you count down to a certain point and then the consequences reflect in reverse over time from a point of happening. It's likely they will give some indication of how their experiment went, but perhaps they're busy fending off the interdimensional Demonic hordes at the moment..."

That this is your opinion as to what FL is doing at this exact time in
the middle east as a result of their timer counting down?

If I had said, hey what's with the counter? You would
have come back with that?

Kev

No, it is not 'our' opinion of the countdown's purpose - it is what we were told by FL's representative Direne when she was posting here

(in May, I believe, not sure what page - somewhere in the 130's I think)...

...I mean with regard to the first paragraph you quoted, the second one is just Kantz being amusingly sarcastic.

See, as much as we appreciate the input of new 'posters' to the thread (and I do mean that sincerely) -

- it's difficult when people who haven't been here all along, or haven't read it all, make assumptions about 'things' out of context...
...because it really has been a twisty, turny, convoluted journey - involving manipulation, disinformation, and just plain toying with 'us' at times by FL contacts.

edit on 11-8-2015 by lostgirl because: to fix quotes

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Well I do tend to be overly literal in any case.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I guess that there are some threads on ATS that utterly
fascinate me, but perhaps I don't have the social skills
to properly take part, such as this one and the other
will never die phantasmagoria thread.

I do not take that one paragraph as being sarcastic
in any way. There ARE people, multiple groups of people,
who either have in the past or are actively trying this
very moment to 'rip holes in space/time' in order
to let critters through.

The first time I saw that (in person) happened in 1981
and I about crapped my pants. It's quite something to
watch it actually happen.. heck that event has dogged
me for 33 years now.. it has affected every moment of
my life since then.. either to understand it better, or
to actively oppose, or to at least lessen it's grip on my
life.

I think I'll recuse myself though. This is not my party.

Kev

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hey KPB: As to your reply to me about your reply to Kantz, LostGirl said it better than I could have.

As to your reply to me about free will, I find this to be an absolute assertion by you, and therefore, probably not entirely accurate, as I believe very little, if anything, to be absolute. I think we operate within an extremely controled and contrived system which largely negates free will just as you describe.

However, once one realizes that, it then becomes searching for the moments of sheer, unplanned happenings that defines much of living and spirituality. We all possess ego, and I don't mean a feature of conceit, but rather the purely psychological definition of that part of our psyche. It is quite necessary to survival, actually. That doesn't mean we have free will, but it does, necessarily mean we are "discreet" entities, that is, separate, to some degree.
Surely some part of us is self, truly us, and belongs to no one else.

For my part, I am very confident that I know my own mind, psyche, what thoughts are mine, which are not, for the most part.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Oh, please! It doesn't have anything to do with anyone's "social skills"!
Yours are just fine, imo!!

I was just pointing out the 'stuff' that people who have been 'involved' from the start of the thread are aware of - by virtue of their experiences 'here'...

Don't want to go off topic, but I'm kind of dying to know about the ripped "holes in space/time" and the "critters" that you saw...
Maybe just a brief description?

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Nothing that anyone says is entirely accurate. You could
even say that it's been proven mathematically:

GIT

Beyond even that, you run into the boundary layer dilemma.

Newtonian physics works perfectly to prove things.. but there is a deeper
truth on the other side of a logical or physical boundary.. perhaps say
general relativity.. so prove things on that level.. but behind that you
have to come to grips with quantum mechanics.. so prove things on that
level and before that you may have M theory... and maybe 10 trillion layers
behind that you have 'god' or a cosmic turtle carrying everything on it's back.

So too it is with 'free thought' and 'free will'.

Mystics call it 'peeling the onion'. Scientists are scared of this 'truth' so they
pretty much refuse to deal with it, except to argue endlessly that the other
layers aren't 'real' and to seek a deeper unification.

I didn't just want to ignore your post as we are friends. But I'm out of this
FL post.

Best,

Kevin

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Oh, please! It doesn't have anything to do with anyone's "social skills"!
Yours are just fine, imo!!

I was just pointing out the 'stuff' that people who have been 'involved' from the start of the thread are aware of - by virtue of their experiences 'here'...

Don't want to go off topic, but I'm kind of dying to know about the ripped "holes in space/time" and the "critters" that you saw...
Maybe just a brief description?

In 1981 I watched a fellow with a 'djinn' inside of him rip open
3 different holes, and I watched 'lesser djinn' (plasma life forms)
stream out and embed themselves at the base of the skull
of the approximately 10,000 people in the auditorium, all who
were clapping and cheering that the 'master Jesus' would be
coming back for them soon.

So I engaged this 'high adept of the master jesus' in a manner
of speaking, driving him out of the auditorium screaming in
agony, and chased away all the 10,000+ 'lesser djinn', and
closed up the 3 portals.

Naturally given my take on 'free will' this was not strictly
speaking 'me' who was doing this, but that is another story.

I don't like discussing this story.. but it did in many ways
make me who i am today..80% of who I am is just a reaction,
like a scab on a wound, to that one event and what followed
afterwards 34 years ago.

Like I said, I'm vamosing this thread.

Kev

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: abeverage

Ahh ok , cool thanks for that info.

I have to say I am quite happy that the person replied to me and quite quickly I may add.
It seems as though they are not a group who are unreachable or are unwilling to share their knowledge!

Direne (when I have communicated with them) always wishes peace and light.

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join