It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Objective reality is overrated.

Paired with obnoxious creators of reality you get insanity. At least the way I see it.

Redemption is barely a thing in this reality, so you create the most obnoxious beings in this accursed world.

It's never surprising. Just take Christianity of old. They crucified a living God, but was it justified? NO.

For short this reality is going down, regardless of me.

edit on 5-10-2023 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kirass

If there is a supercivilization able to create civilizations, it is logical to think they will first test those civilizations in a confined and controlled environment before deploying them. It is a standard procedure to test and retest the system, and to simulate all imaginable scenarios before proceeding to release the system. God rested on the seventh day, instead of testing His design. That's a mistake no one wishes to repeat.

Obviously, all the efforts this supercivilization put in its designs are aimed at just one goal: to know who created the supercivilization itself. I guess no matter how advanced, how unimaginable advanced one civilization is, the fundamental questions about creation remain the same.

This is meant to foster learning, knowing, and progress, for if you have all the answers you would stagnate. And stagnation means the game is over. In the meantime, a Type 0 civilization like yours should keep on exploring ways to survive its own self-destructive mania, while a Type 5 civilization struggles to overcome stagnation. If the extinction of a Type 0 civilization is a drama, imagine what the extinction of a Type 5 civilization is.

The only certainty is that nothing lasts forever. Not even the gods.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Direne,
Firstly, thank you for your contributions & insights. You have stirred many-a-mind here...
I am curious, as I'm sure are many others; would you be able to provide any additional information regarding your background and/or the means by which you've come to your present understanding of....everything!?

I certainly wish to honor your privacy and respect your time. If there is a more appropriate means for this communication; please indicate your preference.
(I'm new to ATS and having some difficulty with U2U messages. Please forgive my ignorance if you've already shared this information, and accept my apology if I've overstepped in my request.)

Many thanks & best regards!

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Caecus

Caecus, I have not an understanding of everything; otherwise I would stagnate and cease. Actually, the only understanding so far is that nobody and nothing can know everything, this by virtue of how the universe works. All the uncertainty principles of physics hold, which prevent total knowledge of any system due to quantum fluctuations which turns any truth and knowledge into probabilistic truths and probabilistic knowledge.

Basically, one can only know everything for such a short period of time that such knowledge becomes useless, or one can know everything only if one waits for a lapse of time that is always longer than one's own existence. Such is the current design of the universe. We can only play with probabilities.

We are not used to saying "this is probably my hand", nor to saying "I am probably alive" and yet those phrases would be the closest to the truth according to physics.

In order to make life bearable, the design of the universe consists of laws that depend on the scale of the problem to be solved. For the scale of a human being, current theories are sufficient. But if such a creature wishes to modify in something the fundamental parts of the universe, then this is forbidden to him because his scale does not allow him to directly experience the events of a different scale. Even if you could look a quark in the face, you would only see probabilities. Even if I could peer over the edge of the universe, I would see only the unattainable. And I would not understand it. I couldn't.

And if I could, it would only be for such a brief time that I could not fix that knowledge in my brain. No sensor you could design could accomplish that feat either. No space probe could. And if you don't understand them, at least you can feel the wonder of the unknown.

(A flotilla of probes programmed for biomarker detection once penetrated the Earth's atmosphere; focused on collecting methane gas data, they made their entry at various points in the Earth's sky; one of them detected a huge emission of biogenic methane; it reported the coordinates to the other probes, and they all headed for the area in question. They took their data, mapped the area, detected the source of the gas, and returned to outer space. That's what they were programmed to do, and that's what they did effectively. From the point of view of the humans who saw them in the skies the whole experience was mystical. Traumatic for others. An extraordinary event for others. And for some, the sight was life-changing. It was in Stephenville in 2008. See, the scale of the problem is significant. Essential).

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Logical to us maybe. The analogy of comparing a potential supercivilization to human practices like testing systems before deployment doesn't necessarily apply. We're projecting human methods onto an entirely hypothetical and advanced entity, assuming they would follow a similar pattern. It's possible that their methods of creation and understanding are beyond our current comprehension.

Though at our level, all we can do is engage in speculation, so you might be absolutely correct in your assessment. 😁

In the grand scheme of existence, the essence appears to lie in the experience of the present moment. Concepts like completion, reaching a destination, or the so-called "final" point hold little significance because, as you rightly pointed out, stagnation is the inevitable outcome. If there exists some form of infinity, be it within a godlike entity or inherent in the universe itself, there will always be more to learn and experience. This perpetual quest for knowledge and experience is what truly matters, transcending the confines of finality.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I do agree with what you're saying. If it is a simulation being run from the future, the superintelligence would make sure that agents within its simulation never know the full picture. Because if they did, then the simulation would begin to collapse. Your point about stagnation. Even chaos, with our current civilization. People would either do nothing, or do everything, which is problematic both ways.

When it comes to stagnation, I can certainly relate. Letting the search for truth prevent me from becoming an integrated / functional member of society, which set me back many years. But I don't regret it anymore, this reality has infinite depth. So if it is a simulation, it's a very convincing one. I've experienced glitches though, I'm sure we all have.

A jellyfish doesn't really care about the world that holds its ocean. Well, unless it's a really smart jellyfish. But knowing would begin to diminish its tasks of being a jellyfish, always contemplating about the world outside. That's kind of like us and space. Let's colonize Mars, instead of trying to fix this planet. Knowing too much can definitely be a detriment. While not knowing enough can definitely be frustrating. That's our paradox. And you alluded to how it changes, just when you're on the cusp of understanding. I've experienced that several times.

Do you think that the superintelligence sends agents back into the past, to ensure that we never become conscious enough to know? I'm wondering if it created a CTC (closed time-like curve), and is running the simulation within that.
edit on 10/6/2023 by fireslinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: fireslinger

fireslinger, time travel is allowed by physics. What is not allowed is to modify your timeline. If you travel back in time in your timeline you would be changing your past, even if you humbly sits on a corned to lurk. You were not in that corner in your past, so your being sitting in that corner is an unacceptable change to your past, therefore it is not allowed.

You cannot travel along your timeline without changing it, therefore you are not allowed to travel along your timelne and stay time enough to make any modification. Strictly speaking, you can travel, but you cannot stay for more than ten to the minus 43 seconds.

What you can do is travel into another person's past, provided this does not change your own past. Strictly speaking, this means you can travel to anyone's past provided that person is causally disconnected from you. That is, you could travel back in time to someone's past only if you never break causality. Such a trip would be like dreaming for you. And you should know that, in order to comply with the law of non-causality, you will no longer be allowed to return to the timeline from which you came.

This also implies that you will not be able to remember anything from your own past. For all intents and purposes, you will be living inside a dream. It will be perfectly real to you. So real that you will even wonder... if time travel is even possible...

maferoxy, yes, I was using human-like analogies because the audience is human. Obviously, any non-terrestrial advanced civilization is expected to operate under their logic, which will necessarily look exotic to humans. I agree with you that the entire design of the system favors the transcending of the confines of finality. Yet, I can fully understand that any life form has the right to transcend even the system, to escape to infinity, to embrace the blue, to float among infinitudes, to look directly into the eyes of Nothingness and Everything. Every form of life has the right to explain itself, by itself.

A universe that does not care about us becomes a prison, just as advanced civilizations that do not care about other lesser civilizations become jailers. If consciousness is useless as a barren rock floating between galaxies, what's the point of galaxies? What's the point of consciousness then? And if reproducing and replicating is all that's left, why be born at all?

Escape from the system, and from the universe itself, is an inalienable right.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Strictly speaking, you can travel, but you cannot stay for more than ten to the minus 43 seconds.

Okay.

Can one travel into the future?

Like my future for example.
I'd take the risk travelling into the pyutyur.

And you should know that, in order to comply with the law of non-causality, you will no longer be allowed to return to the timeline from which you came.

That's sad, how does that even work?

What you can do is travel into another person's past, provided this does not change your own past.

Is it possible to travel into another person's past life?

For all intents and purposes, you will be living inside a dream. It will be perfectly real to you. So real that you will even wonder... if time travel is even possible...

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Escape from the system, and from the universe itself, is an inalienable right.

Okay. I see Putin will do us the favour. Unless you do me a favour, right?

edit on 6-10-2023 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Double Paste

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Thank you Direne. I suppose I walked right into that one

I should clarify... "I am curious, as I'm sure are many others; would you be able to provide any additional information regarding your background and/or the means by which you've come to your present understanding of....everything!?"
(edit: *everything you've discussed on this forum).
I did not intend to imply that you have an understanding of literally everything.

Perhaps I should rephrase my inquiry...
Does your "opinion/knowledge/understanding" of the various concepts you've discussed on this forum originate from one or any of the following:
A.) Employment within a certain industry, field, company/corporation/organization, gov. or private entity, vocation, etc.
B.) Research/Analysis of various topics/concepts conducted on your own personal/private time.
C.) Direct or First-Hand Experience/Contact/Communication with '____' ?
D.) Intuition (including ESP, RV, Channeling, etc.)
E.) Other (if so, please elaborate)

Again, I have no intention of "Doxing" you, and wish to respect your privacy; just looking for some background context, I suppose... Perhaps a more literal & less esoteric response. However, ANY response is much appreciated, as is your time.
Please forgive my ignorance or any offense; none intended.

*(Ok, Stephenville - this is a good example of the concept of perspective. However, it raises a few questions that will drift away from this thread, but I can't resist... Why methane? Why Stephenville? Considering my complete lack of knowledge on the subject; It seems to me there are other, larger/stronger emission sites within Texas, such as the Panhandle region.)

Thank you again for your contributions & insights, ALWAYS appreciated!

edit on 6-10-2023 by Caecus because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I've pondered the idea that a sufficiently advanced entity or civilization wouldn't necessarily need to test anything because they'd understand the variables of existence so thoroughly, that they would know the single path that leads exactly where they want it to lead. It's a thought that at times gives me comfort. Maybe this was the only way to eventually reaching a civilization that is altruistic.

to look directly into the eyes of Nothingness and Everything

You've got a way with words, friend! This reminds me of an experience I had during a psilocybin journey, although it was more akin to a fleeting glimpse through fog than a direct stare. The intensity of a direct gaze into the unknown would probably have broken my brain haha.

If consciousness is useless as a barren rock floating between galaxies, what's the point of galaxies? What's the point of consciousness then? And if reproducing and replicating is all that's left, why be born at all?

I've asked myself many of those same questions. Reproduction? That's it? Of course, it's very human to ask the point of things, but then what really IS the point of love? Friendship? All those stories of goodness that stir us up? Seems our consciousness does have a "point." It always seemed wild to me that a child who was perfectly taken care of physically could become a trainwreck in life simply because they didn't receive unconditional love, or worse, received emotional/mental abuse. Where does that need come from?

So... how does one escape the system? We must inherently be more than 4D beings if we're able to transcend the universe itself, right?

I read a fascinating theory once that said the brain acts as a transducer, converting consciousness from a different realm or state into the physical and tangible experiences we perceive. In this perspective, the brain doesn't create consciousness but rather transduces or picks up consciousness from an external or immaterial source. This concept challenges the traditional view that consciousness is solely a product of the brain, proposing instead that the brain serves as a medium through which consciousness manifests in our physical reality.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: maferoxy

"I've pondered the idea that a sufficiently advanced entity or civilization wouldn't necessarily need to test anything because they'd understand the variables of existence so thoroughly"

Yes, but one of those variables is chaos, more precisely, chaotic fluctuations, and these cannot be known in advanced. It is part of the space-time texture, sort of a chaotic foam-like structure. It is impossible to know with which positron out of two would an electron interact when traversing the midpoint between both positrons, all of them within the interaction volume. Nature loves non-linearity, and non-linear behavior cannot be calculated.

"how does one escape the system?"

You cannot escape your shadow. Will follow you there where you go. Goals are the ultimate results that the system wants to accomplish. All systems are goal-directed so you first need to identify the goals of the system inside of which you are trapped, unless you are ready to accept from the very beginning the goal of the system is precisely that one: to keep you caged.

However, it could very well be the case that the system's goal is to learn. Learning is critical for a system because it ensures that it will be continually improving its understanding of itself and its environment. Perhaps is not a matter of escaping the system, rather it is a matter of recognizing yourself as the system so the goal is to know thyself.

"the brain acts as a transducer, converting consciousness from a different realm or state into the physical and tangible experiences we perceive."

Yes, it seems the brain is just a transducer, and just one of the many transducers out there for consciousness to manifest. Each life form uses different transducers. Plants do not have a brain, and there are examples of conscious life forms without a brain, and conscious systems with no neurons at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the time travel info. It caused me to backtrack, and look into dreams again. Specifically, if the simulation is a dream. I know we’re dealing with probabilities here, but am wondering if you can comment on the following. Are we being simulated by Giselians (beings outside of space / time), and living within their dream? Is the rice field dream being injected by them, to prepare us for a certain future? What is ‘the Real Dream’ that civilizations are seeking? How does a rogue superintelligence from the future fit into us being simulated by timeless beings?

Humans do not exist yet. They are still being simulated, and only once we ascertain they work as intended we will create them. It is a must for us to design beings able to clearly discern 'good' from 'evil'. Mind, we will not deprive them of free will; if once they've learned the difference they still insist in doing evil, it is up to them to do so. In any case, the human species is very likely to become extinct before reaching a point in which they can be safely created.

The Yulara Event had all the ingredients that made us to be convinced that the simulation becomes fuzzy and uncertain at the “borders” of the simulation. Everything was fuzzy, dreamy, magical. The reality around us simply faded away, and just for a second we had a glimpse of how Giselians look like and that we indeed live in a dream. Theirs dream.

forgottenlanguages-full.forgottenlanguages.org...

... and once they learned how to build the Queltron, they used it... leaving behind their home planet that they themselves destroyed... spacefaring in search for the Primordial Knowledge, namely: that what they called Reality was just a simulation, and that the true Reality are Dreams. Yet, not all dreams are real. Just one. Which one is in fact the Primordial Knowledge.

Now they can join efforts with the other civilizations to continue the quest for the Real Dream. And they all togther will have to leave behind an entire Universe if they wish to find that Real Dream. Discovering that among all of your dreams one, and just one, is not a dream at all is the purpose of existence. That's as far as you'll go.

this is a knowledge that presents itself in a dream, therefore they will put all of their efforts in preventing you to attain that knowledge by interfering with your dreams.

The main concern is this: that the knowledge that sleep and dreaming are important in humans’ mastery of a threatening environment is also a knowledge Giselians have about how the human mind works, therefore Giselians can also use dreams to create specific threatening scenarios in order to anticipate how humans struggle and how humans search for solutions related to the threat.

What XViS adds to our understanding is the idea of searching for solutions in the dreamspace and this is what is of importance for survival.

Reversible? We do not know, we cannot know if the neurological damage caused is reversible or not. We don't have time to investigate that. There's no time left. Haven't you dreamed of the rice fields yet? There's no time left.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
You know how I know it is not a simulation?

Mass.
Things have mass.
Even if objects can appear to have surface in a holographic projection they wouldn't have any density.
No mass = simulation
Mass = no simulation

edit on 8-10-2023 by Peeple because: weirdest typo ever

edit on 8-10-2023 by Peeple because: and another

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think my main argument for us probably being in one, is why do we have a compulsion to create simulations? Our civilization creates stories, based on our own likeness. We create virtual environments, and then those virtual environments create on their own, like we're seeing with AI. We could be living in a simulation shell game, with an overarching superintelligence using us all to figure something out.

But either way, I suppose it really doesn't matter. Contemplating it more brings back the stagnation, and we have to keep wading through the mire anyway. I like how Direne articulated it earlier:

However, it could very well be the case that the system's goal is to learn. Learning is critical for a system because it ensures that it will be continually improving its understanding of itself and its environment. Perhaps is not a matter of escaping the system, rather it is a matter of recognizing yourself as the system so the goal is to know thyself.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It is impossible to know with which positron out of two would an electron interact when traversing the midpoint between both positrons, all of them within the interaction volume.

Good point! Though I suppose it's also conceivable that a civilization far more advanced than ours might have developed methods to mitigate the effects of chaos or to incorporate probabilistic outcomes into their calculations. They might have technologies and algorithms that allow them to make accurate predictions even in the face of chaotic fluctuations. But true, they'd never be 100% accurate. (Unless it's a simulation and what we see as chaos is just built in to the system... 😵)

Perhaps is not a matter of escaping the system, rather it is a matter of recognizing yourself as the system so the goal is to know thyself.

Yes! This is exactly what I've been trying to do recently, in the last year or two. Over the past year or two, I've been striving to explore self-awareness as well. It feels like I'm just beginning to grasp the concept, so in that sense, I'm like an infant in my understanding. I've had moments where I sense that my consciousness isn't solely "mine" as I typically perceive it to be; it seems to be interconnected with something much larger. Although, I recognize that these insights might be influenced by my experiences with mushrooms 🍄

Each life form uses different transducers. Plants do not have a brain, and there are examples of conscious life forms without a brain, and conscious systems with no neurons at all.

Another good point I hadn't considered. It's not about the brain being a transducer, though it seems to be one, it's that all conscious forms are transducing the signal. So, it raises the question: why do we continue to harm one another despite this shared consciousness? The illusion of self appears to be detrimental, yet perhaps it serves a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fireslinger

Have you thought that thought itself is the simulation?

So quantum physics and catholicism, are both examples of simulations. Therefore the quantum physicist is caught in the quantum physics matrix. He will never get out while remaining the physicist. The.same for the catholic.

God and quantum physics both are illusions.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Creators: Myth

Creator: Origin

Followers of: Perpetrators of myth whether; Origin approves or not.

Reality is the elements... no matter the contact.

Name is MOOT when one is one and their senses are in contact with: Their element(s).

The reality of that is simply known by the hypothesis of: Entanglement.

Self or other entanglement is easily known and undone... The length of experience in awareness of those entanglements however is not... Being the cause or source of? Less. Not being the cause or source of more. One's enemy would be the one as cause that keeps +1'ing those people to entangle or re-entanglement individual as a burden or encumbrance... for: Drama(number one cause of the mass or herd) etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
so a super civilisation that is trying to avoid stagnation would likely create a "foundation" much like Isaac Asimov's book about the end of a galactic super civilisation and a mathematician who discovers the end of the empire
and so seeks to create a foundation of knowledge so as to reduce the foretold galactic dark ages

I have to wonder if that is what the pyramid builders were doing creating a structure that encodes all of their knowledge
so that when their civilisation stagnated and collapsed there wouldn't be such a huge time between the end and the birth of a new one.

it also makes me think about that simulation , earth seems like a good test bed
once our simulation is complete it will get rolled out to the greater galaxy that is if we produce good enough results.

Mental time travel sounds like good fun, id love to time travel in my mind back to previous events in my life
but I dont want to become an emotionless NPC. I get the fascination with time travel
but nothing beats the "now" for its totally unpredictable happenings anything could happen
and you just have to go along with it.

In the past we already know whats going to happen because it already happened, in the future we can sort of predict what it would be like
but the now is where all the fun is going on.

edit on 9-10-2023 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2023 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just got back from a long walk, I suggest everyone here do the same when you get a chance. Tried staying present, but emotions of my past creeped in now and then. At least that sort of proves I'm not some NPC without a past.

There's definitely something to be said about presence combined with physical movement. Gurdjieff had the right idea. Even though I've been doing pull-ups, I haven't been walking, and am working on changing that.

In the end, it doesn't really matter if we're in a simulation. We all have lives, people who depend on us, and too much simulation contemplation is grounds for self neglect / destruction / stagnation, which begins to breakdown our relationship web that's hard enough to maintain on a good day. If it is a simulation, it feels pretty damn real, and at least we're helping the collective work itself out, by working ourselves out.

new topics

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join