It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing Stand Your Ground, Jury Acquits Man Who Killed Wife’s Lover

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

Key words here are "walked into his home."

That said, what an easy way to set someone up for death.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

indicates that the jury believed them.

Jury was sympathetic for the accused, I'm sure. Judging by the mood on ATS here, there are couple of guys that would gladly help him, so i'm not surprised about the jury decision.

I can just imagine...12 angry MEN

edit on 6-6-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

a cheating spouse

there are many reasons for spouses cheating. You could be a lousy husband...you could be a wife beater...maybe you neglected her for years? It's not always black and white. What is even more disgusting is men who cheat, but consider this to be their privilege. But when his women does it...than she is a whore and must be punished.

Any credibility you though you had just went bye bye.

Cheating is most definitely black and white. Why? Because in every instance you have tried (and any other you think you can come up with) to use to justify it, the person could have just as easily left before finding others to play with.

It's called having respect for the person you chose to promise your life to.

And your last sentence is a joke. That hasn't been the norm for close to 20 years already. If anything, most try to justify women's adultery while condemning male adultery...well, in the West any ways.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I never had credibility to begin with, nor have I bragged about any.

It's called having respect for the person you chose to promise your life to.

Having respect is fine and highly desired.

Promising someone your life is unnecessary...but, people like pain I guess.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
When you REALLY love somebody, you want what is best for them, not what pleases you. If this man who could not please his wife in bed had really loved her, then he would have been happy that she was happy. Any person who professes to be in love with somebody would also joyfully give them a divorce, if that was their desire.

Finally. A beautiful normal human being....thank you good sir/madame. A rarely bother to star.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I don't even think he should have needed the "rape defence" I'm glad he got off

The guy is in his house ,probably in his room, on HIS bed, screwing his wife.. It's a violation of everything that is sacred..

I think it was a law in Texas until at least the 80s (I might be wrong) that you could shoot your wife's lover if you caught them and it was justifiable..

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

law in Texas

nuff said

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i wanted to see what the make up of the jury was.

did a little research and found out two things. never did find the jury make up.

first thing i found out was he is 70 and she is 41. the man killed was also 32.
she testified, that she was in a blackout drunk

Wald said he got out of bed about midnight March 10 to get a drink of water when he found Flores and Conley having sex on the living room floor in his home in Brandon, Florida.

Flores testified during the trial that she was drunk on cognac and could remember almost nothing from that night.

Ms Flores was arrested last October - just two weeks before she and Wald were married - for allegedly firing a shot of Conley.

reading all this kinda puts a deferent light on it.

ETA: link to story.
'We're going to Waffle House': Husband and wife go celebrate after he's acquitted for shooting dead her young lover when he found them having sex on the living room floor
edit on 6-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Looks like that household is all kinds of classy.

Frequent police visits and a death should be pretty much expected.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
To prevent things like this spouses should be honest about their adultery so there are no misunderstandings.

Or something like that.
I don't think that would be considered adultery if everyone is aware.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Looks like that household is all kinds of classy.

Frequent police visits and a death should be pretty much expected.

seeing all of the age differences, kinda makes you wonder who was up to what?
and who was being taken advantage of, and just how stupid one of them really is.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

To prevent things like this spouses should be honest about their adultery so there are no misunderstandings.

Or something like that.
I don't think that would be considered adultery if everyone is aware.

If everyone is up front with it when they are married and it is agreeable to both parties, all well and fine.

Personally, I prefer not to eat where another guy has..... left a trail.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I'm all for self-defense, but not the "shoot first ask questions later" kind.

He sees a guy on top of his wife molesting her and you think he's supposed to play 20 questions? I kind of doubt all the lights were on to make such an ID well (a guy he knew). Can't really blame the guy for plugging him. Of course the jury acquitted the guy.

This is actually a fairly local case for me.

It should be pretty obvious that he became her sugar daddy, and she still wanted to get with her ex on the side. No doubt the victim was well aware of what could happen if they were caught. He was dumb enough to risk it.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Might "stand your ground" be used successfully as a defense for an innocent man killing a LEO breaking down his door?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass

Might "stand your ground" be used successfully as a defense for an innocent man killing a LEO breaking down his door?

Yes.

September 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A South Side Chicago man who admitted shooting and wounding two Chicago Police officers has been found not guilty and released from custody. In this Intelligence Report: How did the shooter's lawyer manage to win such a case?

Twenty-one-year-old Kenneth Green was asleep in his Roseland apartment two years ago when a Chicago Police team showed up with a search warrant for drugs.

Cops used a battering ram to get in.

When police kicked through the bottom of Green's bedroom door, he shot through the door wounding two of the officers. Despite admitting all that, Green got off claiming self-defense.

edit on 6-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Sure. If it ever got to trial. The cop right behind the one you shot will kill you before that happens though.

That's the problem with cops. They come in waves and your innocence is completely irrelevant.

If some prank call, a angry ex or just a wrong address has them kicking in your door and you greet them with fire chances are good you'll be plant fertilizer and maybe your family will get a little settlement check for their troubles.
edit on 6-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It doesn't matter the reasons for the shooting this is murder, sadly mix feelings goes when the "quote" a 70 year old veteran and his reason for committing murder.

But he is guilty as sin in my boosk regardless of his wife misbehaviour.

He know exactly what his wife was doing and with who.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Yes.

Indiana passed a law making it legal to shoot cops.

RT.com

Hold onto your holsters, folks: shooting a cop dead is now legal in the state of Indiana. Governor Mitch Daniels, a Republican, has authorized changes to a 2006 legislation that legalizes the use of deadly force on a public servant — including an officer of the law — in cases of “unlawful intrusion.” Proponents of both the Second and Fourth Amendments — those that allow for the ownership of firearms and the security against unlawful searches, respectively — are celebrating the update by saying it ensures that residents are protected from authorities that abuse the powers of the badge.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That spirit of Jealousy at work again. I would have done something much worse. I'd have walked away and never spoken to her again. That cold hard silence would cut deeper than a knife once she realizes she traded so many years of having a faithful husband for a fling.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I got the feeling that the "fling" spanned many years also, but I guess the husband got tired sloppy seconds and killed the opposition.

with an excuse that seems to work well for him.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join