It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing Stand Your Ground, Jury Acquits Man Who Killed Wife’s Lover

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Personally, I prefer not to eat where another guy has..... left a trail.

Not everyone can find a faithful virgin to marry. How long does it take for the trail to go away in ones mind? Other than getting caught or a confession trust is all that one perceives to have. If anything this guy should have plead insanity because most can see that neither of the two were upholding the traditions of marriage that the law in this case was founded on.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Personally, I prefer not to eat where another guy has..... left a trail.

Not everyone can find a faithful virgin to marry. How long does it take for the trail to go away in ones mind? Other than getting caught or a confession trust is all that one perceives to have. If anything this guy should have plead insanity because most can see that neither of the two were upholding the traditions of marriage that the law in this case was founded on.

I didn't mean virginal.
I mean I wouldn't want to play a certain 'number' with my spouse, if she just caught a batch 'down there' earlier in the day.
I am sure that someone out there got it and feels the same way.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I got the feeling that the "fling" spanned many years also, but I guess the husband got tired sloppy seconds and killed the opposition.

with an excuse that seems to work well for him.

In that case, neither would be worth killing. Some people aren't worth the effort it takes to spit on them, but i see things differently than most people. Ofcourse i believe in the Magic Man in the Sky, so i can easily let him have retribution so it does change my perspective.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

I am a huge gun rights guy.........You should never use deadly force unless life is at stake. This should be the law of the land.

Cheating,property,trespassing. None of these gives you the right to take a life.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by groingrinder
When you REALLY love somebody, you want what is best for them, not what pleases you. If this man who could not please his wife in bed had really loved her, then he would have been happy that she was happy. Any person who professes to be in love with somebody would also joyfully give them a divorce, if that was their desire.

Finally. A beautiful normal human being....thank you good sir/madame. A rarely bother to star.

Good God! The pair of you....utter....p*ssies! Yeh - there's someone either raping or having consensual sex with my wife. Hmm Looks like she's enjoying it. Best not get involved, pick up my keys and say, "Bye sweetie - i only want what's best for you".

What the hell is the matter with you?!? Do neither of you have any sense of personal pride?? Dignity? Self esteem? If the man was raping her or it strongly appeared to be the case - I wouldn't shoot him as I don't have a gun. But I'd either beat him to death or cut his throat. If it was consensual and I understood that - I'd kick the hell out of him, throw him out and tell my wife "It's over - GET OUT!".

You SERIOUSLY are that much of a gutless wimp you wouldn't do anything "physical" ? And you are shocked at the behaviour displayed by some of the male ATS members. We're shocked at your LACK of behaviour.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

You wouldn't shoot a strange person, in your house, at night?

I don't know what he's there for, but it certainly is jeopardizing my family's safety.....

Likewise, you wouldn't shoot a guy who was molesting your wife, in your house, at night? (keep in mind, he's likely on top of her, so hard to identify him)

Right......

Of course, it was pretty safe to assume the guy was unarmed, so in that case, it really would have been wiser to return with the gun, then order the man off. Then, he would have recognized the guy, and dealt with it a little bit more civil like....but I can't fault him much for his method either.

edit on 6-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

If you already have your gun locked and loaded and your target is naked and in the middle of raping or consensually pleasuring your partner, even if you are 70 and your target was Usain Bolt, there is no way he is reaching you before a bullet reaches him, should you tell them to halt and desist immediately and he decides to react foolishly. If you're an "experienced shooter," that is.

edit on 6-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I got what your saying but my point is that this topic weighs very heavy on men's minds and the jealousy and feelings of ownership that some people have when track records point to no signs of faithfulness is a bit overcoming for most. Often we live lives that go against what our heart wants and do not realize it until it is regrettable.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

If you already have your gun locked and loaded and your target is naked and in the middle of raping or consensually pleasuring your partner, even if you are 70 and your target was Usain Bolt, there is no way he is reaching you before a bullet reaches him, should you tell them to halt and desist immediately and he decides to react foolishly. If you're an "experienced shooter," that is.

edit on 6-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure I understand your point - mine was that, i "wouldn't" approach it with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. I would react, aggressively, with anger and hostility without the benefit of intellect and simply "remove" that threat as I see it. And I suspect many "males" on this forum would behave in the same way.

Sane? Rational? Absolutely not. But given the circumstance - one of the most private, personal, connections in my life is being violated in a horrible way... if I had a gun, I would not say "Stop! Lower the penis or I will shoot".

The man is a threat, eliminate the threat. Simple as.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yep, that's all pretty much right on the money.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Got to be honest and tell you if I came home from work and there was a man on top of my wife I'd definitely shoot first.

Jesus all mighty...so...if you find someone on top of your wife in your own house...the first instinct is to shoot on the spot, because she is most likely being..."attacked"??? Really...that is the most likely scenario??

My God...

In some people's lives, that is the most likely scenario.
Not all wives are serial cheaters that can be expected to be found screwing the neighbor.

ETA: I suppose that some women might be offended that you think all women are like that.
edit on 6-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

I worked with a guy once who was just released from prison after only 6 years for what he did to the guy he found cheating with his wife.

What he did was: grab a hammer, grab a handful of 16 penny nails, grab a Louisville Slugger baseball bat, pounded the nails into the bat, and pounded the nail adorned bat all over the dudes face in a fit of rage.

He never claimed he found a rapist though. He found his wife cheating on him.

Never know what someone will do when discover betrayal.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

I think that's a very different situation. That person you spoke of sat down with pre-meditated thoughts of revenge and punishment, planned and crafted a horrible weapon and then attacked the man.

Coming home and seeing a man on your wife, in the act and reacting "right then and there" is different, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

My point was, if you already have your gun pointing at the threat, no matter how quick your target is - unless you have been really dumb with your positioning - there is no way they can react quicker than the bullets you are capable of putting in them. What you seem to be demanding as your right is the opportunity to say "Hey, judge and jury, sorry I killed that person, but I was feeling emotional!"

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It was more likely a killing in jealous rage.
His wife had lived with the ex-lover shortly before marriage, next door to the shooter.

For those of you wondering, they were only married for 5 months before this incident happened. His wife is 30 years younger.

He was up to get a drink, saw the man with his wife in bed, went to get his gun and shot him.

Never used the word "rape" on the 911 call, just said the man was fornicating with his wife and he initially thought he accidentally shot his wife too. 3 shots in the torso 1 in the head.

What happened to self-defense when you feel like your life is threatened? Now this is just an excuse for people who can't deal with their emotions to get away with justified homicide.
edit on 6-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I always wondered how the "I thought she was being raped" defense would turn out.

guys, keep this in the back of your mind. (joking)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by oasisjack

Nope shoot just the man leave the cheating wife covered in her lovers blood. Psycological scarring is much much worse than death. Glad he was aquited didnt deserve jail for killing a man violating his marriage hope he divorces her ass and takes what he can from her.

wow again...three stars for this lucid fellow. Didn't deserve jail for killing ??? But she deserved death for having sex with another man???

You sad sad excuses for men...all 4 of you.
edit on 6-6-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

With this attitude, you deserve to be cheated on. You lack the passion that holds relationships together.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
When you REALLY love somebody, you want what is best for them, not what pleases you. If this man who could not please his wife in bed had really loved her, then he would have been happy that she was happy. Any person who professes to be in love with somebody would also joyfully give them a divorce, if that was their desire.

lmfao. I cant imagine myself walking in on my wife screwin another dude and smiling with joy. Don't make no sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

yes...it takes some evolution to do that.

Anyway...I just wanted to proclaim this thread a massive victory for the "angry mob" corner. Good ol' Franky wouldn't stand a chance.

Rational and peaceful actions are obviously not the first thing on people's minds. The majority has spoken.

Paints me a sad picture, but...it is like it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

reply to post by oasisjack

Nope shoot just the man leave the cheating wife covered in her lovers blood. Psycological scarring is much much worse than death. Glad he was aquited didnt deserve jail for killing a man violating his marriage hope he divorces her ass and takes what he can from her.

wow again...three stars for this lucid fellow. Didn't deserve jail for killing ??? But she deserved death for having sex with another man???

You sad sad excuses for men...all 4 of you.
edit on 6-6-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

With this attitude, you deserve to be cheated on. You lack the passion that holds relationships together.

So killing in a jelaous rage is showing passion

I stand by my words...how very primitive and sad. Passion is in giving and understanding. Love is giving and letting go, not taking lives.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Well said, reminds me of the quote by Gandalf: "true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join