It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing Stand Your Ground, Jury Acquits Man Who Killed Wife’s Lover

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

for people who can't deal with their emotions

truer words have rarely been spoken. It is interesting how people here are proud of their inability to think rationally and to control themselves. Grasping at any excuse to keep the ego safe. Some even mention terms like "pride" and "passion" and "self esteem"...as if those are qualities found while taking up a gun and killing, while not being attacked...let's not forget.

This guy obviously murdered that fellow, a fellow who is a dick no doubt. But did it deserve a death penalty ? Get off your high horses people...understand that we as people are weak and full of flaws. Imperfect beings...it takes understanding and compassion. Except for those that go out killing for their own personal emotional reasons.

How about we all simply go mental..let our own emotional deficiencies run our actions. Let's kill everything that makes us mad...than we would be blissful, proud and passionate....I guess.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
This guy obviously murdered that fellow, a fellow who is a dick no doubt. But did it deserve a death penalty ?

You're missing the point. It isn't about whether the person "deserved" a death penalty (tho maybe some think that way). It's about "reacting". Reacting to a situation with the most basic of human instincts.

You can preach your holier-than-thou position, blab on about the ego and overcoming one's sense of self importance. But I challenge ANY person to react in the way you prescribe in a REAL life situation. Not from the comfort of your computer desk and after the event where you are completely detached and can easily judge where you have no emotional tie.

Get off your high horses people...understand that we as people are weak and full of flaws. Imperfect beings...it takes understanding and compassion. Except for those that go out killing for their own personal emotional reasons.

Compassion. Understanding. Your life partner has or *is* being violated in the worst possible way and you expect to remain compassionate and understanding? You're lying. You are completely lying to yourself and everyone on here by pretending your ability to control your "ego" such that you wouldn't act.

How about we all simply go mental..let our own emotional deficiencies run our actions. Let's kill everything that makes us mad...than we would be blissful, proud and passionate....I guess.

Now you're just being an a**hole and generically condemning everyone with strong emotional reactions to uncontrollable killers. I'm not saying that and no one arguing from my side of the debate is saying that. People react "at the time" to a completely chaotic, irrational act in an completely irrational way.

You can pretend to be better than the "average" person. But you aren't. My money says if such an event were to happen to your loved one (and i hope such a think never does) you will not stand they are try to reason with them or the situation. Your "ego" will take over and you will do WHATEVER it takes to save them.

Or, you're a sociopath. To which I say, fair enough. You win.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Did those of you defending this man's reactions miss the bit where, after coming downstairs and seeing them going at it on his living room floor, he left his partner to get "raped" a bit more, while he went to get his gun?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Of course they did, after all they'll probably do the same thing.

Scares me how most people react to these situations, see a cheater: shoot them dead.
(and then come up with the excuse of your wife being raped, end up with support from others such as this thread)

Feel really bad for the young man that was shot, bad decision to sleep with your ex but he didn't deserve to die, and die without any consequence to the shooter. Remember the wife was with the victim only 5 months ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Consider he was strangling her. Would look about the same from your point of view and any time wasted hesitating is that much time she's not breathing.

If you can't tell the difference between strangulation and copulation from a few feet away, after only a couple seconds, you have no business owning a firearm in the first place, IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join