It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citing Stand Your Ground, Jury Acquits Man Who Killed Wife’s Lover

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

"Ralph Wald, a 70-year-old Vietnam veteran, walked into his home around midnight, and less than ten seconds later, fired three shots at Walter Conley, according to ABC News. He told the jury he thought Conley was raping his wife when he saw them having intercourse in his home. But during a 911 call, when the dispatcher asked Wald if the man was dead, Wald responded, “I hope so!” and refused to help the man. He asked for medical help for his wife, Johnna Flores, since he thought he accidentally shot her also. He said he didn’t recognize Conley even though he had been roommates with his wife prior to her relationship with Wald, lived next door to Wald, had tattoos of Flores on his neck and back, and worked for Flores at her fencing company."

thinkprogress.org...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Thu Jun 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: [added tags] Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
He shouldve shot them both.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

. But during a 911 call, when the dispatcher asked Wald if the man was dead, Wald responded, “I hope so!” and refused to help the man. 
reply to post by peashooter

'But'?
Why did they think he shot him? To show friendship?

Of course he wanted him to be dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Absolutely hilarious. How you haven't got your own show on Fox tv yet, I don't know. Or maybe you have... is that you, Bill?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

wow...someone starred you for that one. Good for both of you. We need more heroes like you two...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Nope shoot just the man leave the cheating wife covered in her lovers blood. Psycological scarring is much much worse than death. Glad he was aquited didnt deserve jail for killing a man violating his marriage hope he divorces her ass and takes what he can from her.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There's some messed up thought processes on display in this thread. Good old SYG... always guaranteed to bring the cranks out of hiding to defend it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
To prevent things like this spouses should be honest about their adultery so there are no misunderstandings.

Or something like that.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Cheating aside, what worries me is that the wife knew who the man was, so any homicide involving a known victim to the family member inside their home may be justified in the future.

Reminds me of the Oscar Pistorius's case, where he shot his wife in mistake for an intruder.

Both cases the target was not identified before they were shot.

I'm all for self-defense, but not the "shoot first ask questions later" kind.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

My feeling is the killer knew exactly who was fornicating with his wife, and the fact he was unable to please his wife in the sack anymore, played a large part in why he wanted to kill his neighbour for trespassing all over his property..

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Nope shoot just the man leave the cheating wife covered in her lovers blood. Psycological scarring is much much worse than death. Glad he was aquited didnt deserve jail for killing a man violating his marriage hope he divorces her ass and takes what he can from her.

wow again...three stars for this lucid fellow. Didn't deserve jail for killing ??? But she deserved death for having sex with another man???

You sad sad excuses for men...all 4 of you.
edit on 6-6-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So if he was 70 how old was the wife?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
So if he was 70 how old was the wife?

Does it matter? He owned that cheating bitch, until death do they part. Or so some in this thread would have you believe.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Well, if you honestly believe somebody is violently assaulting your wife are you going to move in and say "excuse me, sir? could you please identify yourself and explain the situation?" then, assuming the individual does, you'd believe him?

Got to be honest and tell you if I came home from work and there was a man on top of my wife I'd definitely shoot first.

Consider he was strangling her. Would look about the same from your point of view and any time wasted hesitating is that much time she's not breathing.
edit on 6-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

trespassing all over his property

the saddest part about it is...he thinks she is his property.

Some members here would do well to relocate to some Islamic country. They obviously have similar feelings towards women.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

the saddest part about it is...he thinks she is his property.

In the eyes of the jury, apparently he thought he was protecting his wife from a rapist.

I am not aware that he made any statements that he made declaring that he believes that his wife is his property.
Maybe you just think that he thinks that.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Got to be honest and tell you if I came home from work and there was a man on top of my wife I'd definitely shoot first.

Jesus all mighty...so...if you find someone on top of your wife in your own house...the first instinct is to shoot on the spot, because she is most likely being..."attacked"??? Really...that is the most likely scenario??

My God...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Well, if you honestly believe somebody is violently assaulting your wife are you going to move in and say "excuse me, sir? could you please identify yourself and explain the situation?" then, assuming the individual does, you'd believe him?

Consider he was strangling her. Would look about the same from your point of view and any time wasted hesitating is that much time she's not breathing.
edit on 6-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Even if he was strangling her, would "shooting first" be the wisest course of action, considering they were in such close proximity to each other? If you say "no, but being wise under such circumstances shouldn't be expected," you would just be admitting that you would react irrationally, and there goes your "reasonable person" defence.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Jesus all mighty...so...if you find someone on top of your wife in your own house...the first instinct is to shoot on the spot, because she is most likely being..."attacked"??? Really...that is the most likely scenario??

My God...

In some people's lives, that is the most likely scenario.
Not all wives are serial cheaters that can be expected to be found screwing the neighbor.

ETA: I suppose that some women might be offended that you think all women are like that.
edit on 6-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Well, yes, yes it is.

Nobody has any reason to be in my house. We never have guests. Strangers dont just stop by. The only person who has been to our property in the past year is a family member and the guy who reads the electric meter.

If there is a car on the dead-end dirt road that isnt ours something is up. If there is a car in our driveway something is definitely up. If there is another person in the house then something is very wrong.

Maybe you have strange people in and out of your house all the time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join