It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles are AMAZING...man-made or NOT !!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thought you might like to see the inverted version...for some reason I have a fascination with inverting the colors in pictures now...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Some people can just be so hardheaded. There is no way that every crop circle is attributed to one specific group, man-made or alien. They can be created by many different species of intelligence. To say only man can make them is rather arrogant, I have no way to prove how and neither does anyone else. Making videos to show how they can be done, but show me just one example of someone doing this in an uncontrolled setting with a time limit of 5 minutes, that is how long it has been thought it actually has taken to create even the most intricate circles.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

I have never believed in crop circles, but you make a Very interesting point: The crop circles are (almost) always complete. If people were making all of them them I would expect there would be many more incomplete.

Interesting.

Also.... crop circles crush (bend over, ~whatever) crops, so the food they represent is destroyed. Why do the aliens want us to starve? Why do they hate crops so much? Are these crop circles perhaps some sort of "tagging" by teen alien "gang members"? Could there be a really emo movie about angsty teen aliens and their almost naked crop circle dances?

So many questions, I will now have a beer and try to figure the mystery out.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

We used to make those 'complex' patterns with a set of compass and a pen while wait for our technical drawing class to start as children. They are simple when you know how
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Sure, they're easy when you're drawing a simple pentagon, hex, octagon or a pointed star. We're talking more than just one shape here, including tangents and arcs, at a massive scale. We're also talking offset distances of arcs that are perfectly spaced apart. When you're drawing at that scale, being off by only a foot can screw up the geometric shape or a tangent. You're not drawing with a compass, and you're not looking down at your work, but you're standing in the same plane as your construction.

I'm well aware how geometric shapes are created using geometric construction techniques. Heck, I've taught board drafting and CAD for 20 years and worked as a technical illustrator for 10 years! Try making the same complex geometric patterns with the lights off. Wouldn't be that simple to find the points you plotted, let alone adjusting your compass to the correct radius. Even if you could manage to draw a simple geometric shape in the dark, consider the huge time difference when drawing with the lights on.

I have to laugh at the videos of the guys in the field holding a tape measure and putting stakes in the grounds. The perspective, orientation and time to create it under darkness is 180 degrees different than in day light. They're still spending some time orienting their positions in daylight! Think about the muscle aches and leg strength they need to stomp that large area of crop. Charlie the horse undoubtedly has to make its presence known.
edit on 7-6-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

They can be created by many different species of intelligence. To say only man can make them is rather arrogant, I have no way to prove how and neither does anyone else.

I don't think anyone has said that only man can make them.
I just don't think there's any reason to think that anyone other than man has made them.

I also don't think that anyone but man is available to make them. On the other hand...leprechauns? No, too far south I guess.

that is how long it has been thought it actually has taken to create even the most intricate circles.
What is the basis for that thought?

edit on 6/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Doesn't feel like anything.
Looks like art though.
A note: the less stomped plants, the easier the circle is to make.

BTW, have you ever bent a stalk of grass? Guess what happens when you bend it at the nodes?
Guess what happens when the stalk continues to grow after being bent?

It's a really simple experiment.
edit on 6/7/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Not at all! The plant regrows what it has lost and what was broken eventually dies off, falls, and turns into compost.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To state that no other being other than man has made them, you must have been there for the creation of every crop circle then? Of course you may have done tremendous amount of research on crop circles, but in terms of probability you cannot state "all crop circles has been made by man". It just doesn't make sense, unless you are zipping around making sure every crop circle indeed was created before your eyes by a team of talented crop circle makers.

Again this logic does not work:

One group of people who can make crop circles= all crop circles have been made by man.

You have defended this unreasonable assumption by more assumptions based on the people who profit from crop circles..
edit on 7-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by peashooter

To state that no other being other than man has made them, you must have been there for the creation of every crop circle then?
But I didn't say that. Did I?

Of course you may have done tremendous amount of research on crop circles, but in terms of probability you cannot state "all crop circles has been made by man".
It seems I have done more research than you. At least, I've read Levengood (the "scientific" touchstone for non-human origins of crop circles). Or did you get around to doing so?

One group of people who can make crop circles= all crop circles have been made by man.
No. That isn't the line of logic. The fact that people can make crop circles is part of it though.

You have defended this unreasonable assumption by more assumptions based on the people who profit from crop circles..
Maybe. Tell me, is it an assumption that people profit from crop circle tours? Is it an unreasonable assumption that people are not likely to reveal information that would hurt their profits?
edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Very good point 'AtA'

It takes a certain type of mind-colour to create these in the mind and then create them in the exterior world.

A science or logical dominated brain would not think of making beautiful designs as these. If these were man made - why complex geometry? Why not a crop-image of bart simpson or a car? Something more. . "mainstream" in the conditioned mind.

It would deffinately take an artists or creative type of mind to illustrate these complex patterns in the mind first - then on paper - then go through the grueling task of pressing down wheat stalks for hours and hours and hours.. Lol.

Very clever AtA, thanks for that point

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

If these were man made - why complex geometry?

Yeah. Humans don't do complex geometry in their art.
www.google.com...
www.google.com...

Can't give you Bart. How about these?
www.mytinyphone.com...
3.bp.blogspot.com...
3.bp.blogspot.com...

You know, it seems like the geometric designs would be easier to layout than the more realistic ones. The geometric ones are just repeating patterns. The others not so much.
edit on 6/8/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I have to laugh at the videos of the guys in the field holding a tape measure and putting stakes in the grounds. The perspective, orientation and time to create it under darkness is 180 degrees different than in day light. They're still spending some time orienting their positions in daylight! Think about the muscle aches and leg strength they need to stomp that large area of crop. Charlie the horse undoubtedly has to make its presence known.

Yes its more difficult in a field than on paper but these people have plenty of practice, some of them have been doing this for 10 years or more. They are experts. Its a different perspective than on paper but when you have the measurements and movements preplanned you dont need to visually check your work from above. They are simply following directions and not drawing from eye. These are just 2d designs, its not like painting in colour or carving stone.

They usually have moonlight and torches to work with so its not like trying to do it with your eyes closed. All they need its one circle and a straight line to start the design off. That's why almost every design has a 'guide circle' around the outside. Someone has already posted a video in this thread showing people making a design in darkness. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The teams can have anything up to 20 people in them so flattening that much wheat is not a problem. Simon beck does his stomping on his own and his snow circles are up to 10x larger than crop circles. 20 people could do it 20 times faster.

Crop circles are like magic tricks, they take planning and practice and for the people who don't understand how they are achieved they seem mind blowing and impossible. But they are just tricks

edit on 8-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

ORIGINALLY POSTED HERE, BY ANOTHER MEMBER
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Thu Jun 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy21
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yes, because (a) many hoaxers obtain permission from the property owner first, and (b) those who don't, work late at night to avoid detection.

If you're in your bed at 2am you're not going to know what anyone's doing in your fields.

However, sometimes people brag about it and get caught.
edit on 16/6/13 by Sankari because: added url...

edit on Thu Jun 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sorry people but I have to debunk this one, I seen this a long time ago on an episode of QI ( quite interesting )..... I can't find another clip so ignore the first 57 seconds of banter
www.youtube.com/w... If the vid doesn't work just go to youtube and type qi crop circle

edit on 18-6-2013 by Robertsy because: Video not working

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Robertsy

heres the vid

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Thanks for sharing your observations about the "feeling" of crop circles. I was lucky enough to visit my first few in Wiltshire last year and also noticed a strange and long lived sensation which accompanied the experience. I went along with my "how are these made" head on and ended up feeling pretty smiley and blissful during my visit and for weeks afterwards. It reminded me of sensations that I have experienced during Tai Chi standing post meditation but much stronger and longer lasting. I don't know who is responsible for them, the mystery is a thrill! There seems to be some evidence which suggests plasma is involved in some circles. If any one can direct me towards research papers which have had a scientific method applied to them I would be very interested.
Whether we are dealing with inter-planetary communication, or a secretive group of Druidic mathematicians who have found a way to make lots of people come and stand on ley lines I have no idea. I do know that the feeling was intense, very positive and I'm going back for more.
If you have an interest in crop circles I recommend getting out in one to see how it feels. I've been told that some of those who claim to be experts have not done this but have studied the phenomenon from photos and measurements taken by others in "the field" ;-)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join