It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass grave of Palestinians killed by Israel in 1948 found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Six mass graves have been found in a Muslim cemetery in Jaffa, south of Tel Aviv. The graves date back to the 1948 Israeli war on the original residents of Palestinian lands.

They contain remains of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces. The bodies --- belonging to men, women and children --- were found during construction work on the cemetery.

Palestinian media expert, Nasser al-Laham says that the bodies were buried with no ethics on part of the Israelis and that they uncover the war crimes committed by Israeli forces in 1948.

The majority of those buried were killed during heavy shelling in the area and the bodies were buried contrary to Muslim tradition.

A Jaffa fisherman --- now 80 years old --- has reportedly said that during the final months of the 1948 war he had helped collect the Arab dead in an area south of Jaffa. The fisherman said he had been a teenager at that time and he had brought the bodies for hasty burial in the cemetery.

The unmarked graves recovered from the site expose Israel's war crimes. Tel Aviv now is denying the families of the victims the courtesy to give them a Muslim burial.

www.presstv.ir...

+42 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, if it walks like a Nazi, talks like a Nazi, and acts like a Nazi, chances are it's a Nazi. Nothing to see here, just more evidence of how despicable and hypocritical the Israeli regime really is.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Agreed, the israeli terrorists even claim to be the "master race"...
Little by little secrets are uncovered.
Someday there may be peace in the mideast, if only the trailer trash could be taken out.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
More sources are needed for confirmation.

Preferably not PressTV. The Iranian state media is not known for honest reporting.

And of course the usual suspects rush in to demonize Israel without actually having any facts or unbiased sources to confirm this sensationalist story.
edit on 1-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

This thread will not end well.

Anyway, very sad if true. Also very ironic to say the least.

Very few people seem to know the history of the Stern, Leahy and Irgun terrorist groups, who went on to become future leaders of israel.

The bombing of the King David Hotel being one of their more notorious actions.

edit on 1-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Preferably not PressTV. The Iranian state media is not known for honest reporting.

Is this a bit more "Western" for you?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Oh, and Boo Hoo...poor Israel

How dare we discuss this incident!

The Nazis were famous for their mass graves too...you would think they would have distanced themselves from these actions.

This was an invasion of a village as they occupied it. I see no good reason for those bones being there.
edit on 6/1/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Way to misrepresent the news story.

They were the bodies of those killed in the fighting - containing Arabs AND JEWS.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It doesn't matter to me whether it's western or not. It matters to me whether it's PressTV or not. I don't think they've ever written an honest report in their existence.

To be honest with you I'm not really here to defend Israel or to argue with you. I always feel more data on the matter is required. We need forensic data to be compiled and studied to reconstruct what actually happened that lead to there being a mass grave in Israel.

The problem with you folks who hate Israel is that, like any other polarized issue, you'll accept anything as truth as long as it hurts your opponent.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So is this what Israel means when they screaming never again? Never again what? Getting caught acting like the Nazis they always cry about? But everyone knows nothing will be done about this Israel has more human rights violations and commits more war crimes than the rest of the world combined and still nothing is done to stop them. Hitler would be proud of the nation he helped to start.
edit on 1-6-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
Way to misrepresent the news story.

They were the bodies of those killed in the fighting - containing Arabs AND JEWS.

The Dailymail article says nothing of Jews in the graves only Palestinians.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So I've perused a few articles and there seems to be very little being agreed upon.

• The grave contains 60-200 bodies. Some articles say 60, referencing the living worker who transported the bodies, others say 200, seemingly on the basis of "what it looks like", which is quite subjective. I take it an actual body count hasn't yet been conducted.

• They contain the bodies of Palestinians killed by IDF troops, or, they contain bodies of Muslims and Jews killed in fighting. It's probably unlikely that Jews were buried in a Muslim cemetery, so, we'll say the bodies of Muslims killed.

Don't turn this story into more than it is. We know a war occurred, and as in ALL wars, senseless killings occurred. I needn't remind people that during the 1948 conflict Palestinian gangs launched raids on Israeli villages, killing hundreds of non-combatants. And yes, it went the other way as well.

The exaggerations and sheer fanaticism towards Israel's "evilness" is too inane to even acknowledge. Even far leftists like Slavoj Zizek admit that it's in very poor taste to compare Israel to the Nazis. Any moral thinker quasi able to think rationally, after looking over facts, in say a one on one comparison between Israel and the Nazis, see's how absurd the comparisons are....yet political radicalists repeat this absurdity to make it catch on as a meme.

• +10 more 
    posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Astrocyte

The exaggerations and sheer fanaticism towards Israel's "evilness" is too inane to even acknowledge. Even far leftists like Slavoj Zizek admit that it's in very poor taste to compare Israel to the Nazis. Any moral thinker quasi able to think rationally, after looking over facts, in say a one on one comparison between Israel and the Nazis, see's how absurd the comparisons are....yet political radicalists repeat this absurdity to make it catch on as a meme.

Let's look at a few comparisons shall we?

Israel is sometimes compared to Nazi Germany, directly or by allusion, such as comparing the Gaza strip with concentration camps or Ariel Sharon with Joseph Goebbels.The Anti-Defamation League considers such comparisons to be anti-Semitic.

Following the 1967 Six Day War, the Soviet Union compared Israeli tactics with those of Nazi Germany. A similar comparison was made by the Israeli Arab author Nimer Nimer.

In 1984, author Israel Stockman-Shomron noted Nazi allusions in articles critical of Israel in publications including The Christian Science Monitor, The Washington Post and The New York Times.
    In 2000, Nur Masalha characterized Israel's occupation of Palestine territories as comparable to the Nazi Lebensraum (living space) policy of gaining land and materials for the benefit of Germans.
    In 2002, Portuguese Nobel prize-winning author Jose Saramago compared conditions in Ramallah to concentration camps and, in conversation with a journalist, commented that the gas-chambers would "be here before long".
    In 2004, writer Josie Sandercock described Gaza as the "largest concentration camp in the world".
    In 2005, South American author Luis Sepulveda wrote: "In Auschwitz and Mauthausen, in Sabra, Chatila, and Gaza, Zionism and Nazism go hand in hand".
    In 2006 Arab journalist Jihad al-Khazin wrote an article in Al-Hayat comparing Ehud Olmert to Hitler.
    In 2009, Professor William I. Robinson was accused by the Anti-Defamation League of anti-Semitism and misconduct because his classroom materials included a visual image comparison of the Israeli attacks on Gaza to the Warsaw Ghetto. Scholars for Peace in the Middle East supported Robinson, citing academic freedom.
    In 2009, British Member of Parliament Gerald Kaufman suggested that an Israeli justification for the deaths of 1,000 Palestinians on the grounds that "500 of them were militants" represented "the reply of a Nazi", and that the same logic could have been applied in the Warsaw Ghetto.
    In 2009 and 2010, two United Nations special rapporteurs, Richard Falk and Jean Ziegler, were criticised by pro-Israel commentators for making comparisons between policies of the Israeli government and those of Nazi Germany.
    In 2010, Israeli professor Gavriel Salomon protested against Israeli loyalty-oath legislation, and compared Israel to Nazi Germany, adding: "I am not talking about the death camps, but about the year 1935. There were no camps yet but there were racist laws. And we are heading forward towards these kinds of laws."

Criticism of the Israeli government
    Now lets go just a little bit further.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
    link   
    reply to post by buster2010

So, basically, because a bunch of random people compared Israel to the Nazi's, that means they are Nazi's? And just out of curiosity, how many of those people identify as pro- or anti-Israel?
    edit on 1-6-2013 by Antonio1 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
    posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:34 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Antonio1

So, basically, because a bunch of random people compared Israel to the Nazi's, that means they are Nazi's? And just out of curiosity, how many of those people identify as pro- or anti-Israel?

These people were just pointing out how Israel is acting like Nazis. Israel is using the same tactics the Nazis used. And had you read the link you can see that there are Israelis that are saying the same thing.
    So does a person have to be pro or anti to have an opinion?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:36 PM
    link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Antonio1

These people were just pointing out how Israel is acting like Nazis. Israel is using the same tactics the Nazis used. And had you read the link you can see that there are Israelis that are saying the same thing.
    So does a person have to be pro or anti to have an opinion?

Okay I understand your point, but my second question was still valid, because lets face it, if someone is anti-Israel, they are way more likely to compare Israel to Nazi Germany, whether it's deserved or not.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:49 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
    So I've perused a few articles and there seems to be very little being agreed upon.

• The grave contains 60-200 bodies. Some articles say 60, referencing the living worker who transported the bodies, others say 200, seemingly on the basis of "what it looks like", which is quite subjective. I take it an actual body count hasn't yet been conducted.

• They contain the bodies of Palestinians killed by IDF troops, or, they contain bodies of Muslims and Jews killed in fighting. It's probably unlikely that Jews were buried in a Muslim cemetery, so, we'll say the bodies of Muslims killed.

Don't turn this story into more than it is. We know a war occurred, and as in ALL wars, senseless killings occurred. I needn't remind people that during the 1948 conflict Palestinian gangs launched raids on Israeli villages, killing hundreds of non-combatants. And yes, it went the other way as well.

• Oh you mean kind of like when you keep repeating the number 6.000.000 again and again in the media from the late 1800s till the end of the 2nd world war?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:28 AM
    link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

And of course the usual suspects rush in to demonize Israel without actually having any facts or unbiased sources to confirm this sensationalist story.
    edit on 1-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I would agree with what you say here, the source being Iranian has a definite bias.

However, that being said, the hypocrisy of the Jewish state is quite astounding. You would think that a nation with so many residents that survived the largest and most horrific attempted genocide in the recorded history of man might have learnt a few lessons about how not to treat people.

Yet they force the Palestinians into landlocked ghettos just as was done to them by Hitler's regime.

It all just makes me shake my head and wonder if humanity ever does learn from it's past mistakes.
    edit on 2-6-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:47 AM
    link   

Originally posted by g146541

Someday there may be peace in the mideast, if only the trailer trash could be taken out.

Well it looks like the Israeli's took out their "trailer trash" in 1948.. Why else would they bury it if not to dispose of it? Show me some proof of where they called themselves a "master race". They look like everyone else in the ME minus wearing curtains or drapes to cover themselves up,, for the most part.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:04 AM
    link   

Originally posted by kdyam

Originally posted by g146541

Well it looks like the Israeli's took out their "trailer trash" in 1948.. Why else would they bury it if not to dispose of it? Show me some proof of where they called themselves a "master race". They look like everyone else in the ME minus wearing curtains or drapes to cover themselves up,, for the most part.

I'm sorry, I thought you had gotten the memo.
    Some jews identify themselves as "gods chosen people" even though the STRONG majority of people in israel have none of that blood in their veins.
    And the rest are considered the goyim, beneath the jew.
    I do not dislike jews anymore than I dislike christians or muslims but, I dislike any and all who claim they are better in gods eyes and have the right to genocide a people.
    The ancestors of the trash in israel are the worlds "trailer trash" that nobody else wanted in their country.
    Check into what I'm saying, really it is true, and it gets much much worse, check my sig.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
    link   
    reply to post by grimghost

Unfortunately and ironically, the only difference between Zionism and Nazism is the date on the calendar and one tiny, little vowel...and not much else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join