It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple question re: homosexuality

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

The "equal treatment" is for citizens of a free society to use their bodies as they see fit.

You're really grasping at straws now.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yep. Over 50 percent of Americans support same-sex marriage.

Truth be told - I know more than a few older and religious folks that are on board. Most people recognize what's right when they see it - it's a no-brainer

But, yeah - the times they are a changin'

Yesterday I read some seriously messed up stories which I won't bring up here - but it reminded me that it's too early to celebrate. This is not going to go over easy

But, there is this:
Gay-friendly countries named 'happiest' in the world

Top 10 happiest nations in the world, based on the Better Life Index, are all countries inspiring equality and the non-discrimination of gay citizens

Well - I think they're mostly happy because they are true liberty loving countries in general - and don't discriminate

I want to be one of those happiest nations. We've come so far here - there was a point I thought it might not ever happen for America. Not like this. Maybe one day we'll all be one big happy family

:-)

Well - I can dream

edit on 5/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: extras and add ons

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

When the most vocal opponents of gay people (older generations) die off in 10-30 years people will look back at them just like we look back at opponents of women getting the vote, black rights etc.
I like to think that every generation we get more tolerant of each other.
It is getting better and those who will not change with the times will just die off and leave the people who can accept others for who they are and not just who they love.
Same with Religion If it doesn't move with the times it will die off as we are seeing at the moment.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Yet another hypocritical post - You obviously have no idea what the real world is.

Point out the hypocrisy for me…I’m slow.

And as for the pattern of depraved, selfish issues all pushed by the same ideological group? I'm not part of that group and do not push the ideals of drugs and abortion.

The same ideology pushes all of those agendas. Don’t be silly!

Maybe if you stepped into the real world (really, you should try it!) You would realise that you are still talking complete nonsense.

Bet your Mummy is so proud of you...

Very childish!

You throw around insults and act as though you’ve accomplished something. What was your point in this post besides taking pot shots?

The reality is that 5% of the population is gay and they are demanding the privileges of an institution that has been completely 1 MAN + 1 WOMAN since long before the constitution was written. The libertarian in me has no problem with allowing the same rights for gays. The only hang-up is calling it marriage. That, to most people in this country, is blasphemy. Call it something else and enjoy equality. Most Americans now DO support this equality, not the attack on the institution of marriage.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

hey boymonkey - nice to see you're still around :-)

Absolutely true - all of that. I still think it's important to remember that we're all in this together - the old and young - and that there should be a certain amount of respect and tolerance for each other no matter what. Old ways and views die hard - I hate the idea of change only over dead bodies - or with a lot of kicking and screaming

These changes are going to happen regardless - and culture clashes are never pretty

One story I read yesterday was about a very young person shooting a gay man in the face - pretty much point blank - for being gay

We've still got a ways to go I'm afraid - cultural shifts and new laws won't smooth things out immediately

I wish they could
edit on 5/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Everything is linked pillars of any society is the family and if you truly want to corrupt society this is where you start.....of course this is not what they say they want, they say they want a new society, and of course through hollywood the media advertising ect ect there willallways be the weak links who need to be told how to think ,dress ect ....and thats the perfect consumer society great for profits crap for people

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag

The reality is that 5% of the population is gay and they are demanding the privileges of an institution that has been completely 1 MAN + 1 WOMAN since long before the constitution was written. The libertarian in me has no problem with allowing the same rights for gays. The only hang-up is calling it marriage. That, to most people in this country, is blasphemy. Call it something else and enjoy equality. Most Americans now DO support this equality, not the attack on the institution of marriage.

At one point the majority in this country thought black folks (and most other non-white humans) were little more than animals, but they were wrong of course.

...enjoying (separate, but equal!) equality...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Don't hate you at all.
Not to the least degree or in the least way.

Oddly, perhaps, I am actually glad and relieved that you rescued each other from horrific and devastating hopelessness. I may not know how to explain that to anyone's satisfaction. It's is, nevertheless, just true.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

hey boymonkey - nice to see you're still around :-)

Absolutely true - all of that. I still think it's important to remember that we're all in this together - the old and young - and that there should be a certain amount of respect and tolerance for each other no matter what. Old ways and views die hard - I hate the idea of change only over dead bodies - or with a lot of kicking and screaming

These changes are going to happen regardless - and culture clashes are never pretty

One story I read yesterday was about a very young person shooting a gay man in the face - pretty much point blank - for being gay

We've still got a ways to go I'm afraid - cultural shifts and new laws won't smooth things out immediately

I wish they could

Well, when you use the term dead bodies, that does sound kind of creepy.
For me, I was talking more about a generational thing. As new generations are born, and old generations die out, we see a certain evolution. It's the cycle of life.

And yes, there will always, always be a small pocket of racists, bigots and haters out there in the world. They will never go away 100 percent, unfortunately.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

20 years maybe 30 If you are lucky is all you have to see the light and to leave behind your bigotry and just accept that love conquers all.
I have read this thread from top to bottom and it astounds me that people like yourself exist.
It will be a happy day when the old is replaced with the new.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag
_____________________________________________________________________________________

More of the same rubbish I see?

Bottom line is you are bigoted, and everyone can see it except you and your bigoted friends.
edit on 30/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: My fingers suck

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your words dripping with the loving charity you demand

are slightly interesting.

You seem to have little awareness or understanding of the degree of love and caring I routinely look at all others with--regardless . . .

. . . regardless of their orientation, coupling, behaviors . . . whatever. Regardless.

All my homosexual students would have asserted that freely and privately or publicly.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

At one point the majority in this country thought black folks (and most other non-white humans) were little more than animals, but they were wrong of course.

I wondered when the race card would be played.

Racism isn’t a religious institution….marriage is.

Complete fail!

Shame on you for comparing the horrible conditions black Americans suffered through over 100 years ago with the inconvenience for gays today not being allowed same sex marriage. What an insult to black Americans.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Well, when you use the term dead bodies, that does sound kind of creepy.

:-) yeah - I realized after I posted that - creepy

For me, I was talking more about a generational thing. As new generations are born, and old generations die out, we see a certain evolution. It's the cycle of life.

Naw - I know - and it really is. And each generation is different from the last

I have someone in my family who is quite elderly now - who had a gay brother. They grew up together in a small town in rural America - and he was fighting for his brother way back when - way before we reached even the level of tolerance we had 20 years ago - if you know what I mean

He loved his brother (who has passed) and supported him - and has told me himself that he knows homosexuality is normal - and not a sin. This is a conservative man - a religious man too

Yet...he can't bring himself to support gay marriage. I think he wants to - just going by some things he's said to me - but - somehow he just can't do it. We disagree - but we also understand each other. Life is complicated - and stressful sometimes

Especially during the holidays :-)

And yes, there will always, always be a small pocket of racists, bigots and haters out there in the world. They will never go away 100 percent, unfortunately

Yeah - it will always be something. I so wish I could be here 100 years from now - 500 - 1,000

Would love to see what happens - I think :-)
edit on 5/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: always someting

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

To be fair, I have heard of at least one religion where those of a certain race are considered "chosen" and the rest are viewed as lesser ... which is essentially racism, no?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Blahable
reply to post by captaintyinknots

nothing is scary.It's just disgusting. Many just don't want you "people" near them or their families. Hence the mass exodus from the boy scouts in some areas. I feel bad for the kids that you "adopt" that you will brainwash into your way.. But hey thats the only way you can keep your confused population going.

1)Im straight.
2)There is not one single statistic out there that shows a child raised in a homosexual household is more likely to grow up and be homosexual.
3)I feel bad for any kids that you may have that you will "brainwash" with your homophobic ways. (Yup, you can deny it all you want, but that fear is showing, loud and clear.)

Right "double daddies" wont have any outcome on that kid.... sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

edit on 30-5-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I wondered when the race card would be played.

Racism isn’t a religious institution….marriage is.

Complete fail!

Shame on you for comparing the horrible conditions black Americans suffered through over 100 years ago with the inconvenience for gays today not being allowed same sex marriage. What an insult to black Americans.

YEP!...So shameful.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Shame on you for using race to dismiss a perfectly reasonable comparison

Some people are saying gay people are not normal. So - being 'not normal' they're obviously not as deserving as some - and they shouldn't be treated the same

They are being (and have always been) marginalized, ostracized - discriminated against - persecuted. Just because the times and some of the details are different - doesn't change what it is

Discrimination is discrimination - not really much of a stretch

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Some people are saying gay people not normal. So - being 'not normal' they're obviously not as deserving as some - and they shouldn't be treated the same

While I believe they should certainly have the same rights, it is abnormal behavior. Do I need to explain the birds & bees or human anatomy to you?

They are being (and have always been) marginalized, ostracized - discriminated against - persecuted. Just because the times and some of the details are different - doesn't change what it is

Discrimination is discrimination - not really much of a stretch

To compare the persecution of blacks in this country to the wimpy struggle gay rights advocates have gone through is disgusting, selfish and not even remotely on the same level.

You’ve been very reasonable throughout this thread…I’m surprised you of all people would defend this.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Shockingly, you missed the point. Your attitude is that you think you're entitled to something that others are not and are masking that self assessed and/or taught superiority by saying "I'm a good person and all for equality, but..."

Race card, what does that even mean? That people can't site anything that happen concerning race else they're considered cry-babies and "How dare you!" .... plaeeze

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join