It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Thanks. If you've heard Choudary before, nothing he said there would come as a surprise. Newsnight only got him on to rile up the viewers.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Oh I see, yes I agree who speaks for the British Muslims.

Well if you want the fact then both do , but if you want the fiction than one does.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I've not heard of him. I was surprised to hear him on the BBC airing such views. You would imagine riling up viewers would be unwise given the nature of the Woolwich incident.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

They are speaking from their emotion, you have to remember this is their brothers and sisters, their family, and they want the government to stop sending troops over and unmercilessly killing them. Understandable really.

edit on 24-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I've not heard of him. I was surprised to hear him on the BBC airing such views. You would imagine riling up viewers would be unwise given the nature of the Woolwich incident.

Well, they knew he would definitely come out with inflammatory comments, so what other purpose could there be?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This just got even weirder - apparently, six months ago, the MI5 approached one of the suspects six months ago asking him if he wanted to work for them...dodgy, very dodgy...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

May I please ask where you heard this?

I am not doubting you as I have come across various indications of MI5 knowledge/indication of these people/incident. Nothing I have come across is concrete, but the "we cannot confirm or deny" statement they put out was rather suspicious.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

May I please ask where you heard this?

I am not doubting you as I have come across various indications of MI5 knowledge/indication of these people/incident. Nothing I have come across is concrete, but the "we cannot confirm or deny" statement they put out was rather suspicious.

Here's an article from BBC:

www.bbc.co.uk...

From RT:

rt.com...
edit on 24-5-2013 by astronomine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

BBC link:

Woolwich Attacks: MI5 "offered job to suspect"

I also posted it on the other Woolwich thread.

Basically, a lot of things went through my mind when reading that story - he had been contacted by the MI5 just six months ago. This kind of sent alarm bells ringing. One question that particularly struck me was: What if he had indeed accepted the job offer? What if he was indeed working for the MI5 and is still indeed doing so? It's far-fetched but not impossible... It just seems a bit odd that's all...
(And it's also not that hard to have plastic surgery and a complete identity change and send off your "agent" to live the high life in some foreign country after he's done his "act").

I'm not saying this was staged and my mind never even went to that "conspiracy" - but this story has just sent alarm bells ringing and has awakened some fresh suspicions in my mind...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
BBC are nonsense, wouldn't give them the time of day. But RT, they have my attention Hmmmm Tracked by Mi5 for 8 years eh? (Apart from the day they actually do something..) That's disgusting. Not that it shocks me or anything, our civil servants are a complete joke. but for some reason I just expect more from certain departments. Yes I am deluded to an extent.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by Malynn

In my ever so humble opinion, when all else fails, and believe me we've tried everything else, fight fire with fire.

The constant comparisions with Crusades blah blah are ridiculous....this is happening now...the 21st century comparing it to incidents hundreds of years ago is pretty stupid. Some cultures actually move on and learn from the past.....some cultures it seems don't.

The only apologists I wish to see are Muslims apologising for their bretherns behaviour...however that simply doesn't happen and highly unlikely to.

Integration? They never want it and never will hence the reason they keep the women ignorant and live in only Muslim areas have their own schools shops markets mosques and well lives. They are NOT immigrants in this country they are COLONISTS. There is a huge difference.

Tolerance? Patience? Understanding? We in the UK have had this rammed down our throats for years now. Racism is a dirty word a crime worse than paedophilia it seems. No-one dare speak anymore for fear of insulting or offending someone somewhere on the planet and being labelled a racist. But.....it appears its perfectly ok and for them to be racist to us, the indiginous white population and we have to accept that. When they give the tolerance patience and understanding that we have been forced to give them, I will do the same.

I am sick to death of lying down and being walked all over like a doormat for alleged immigrants who clearly hate everything about the West, the people, the countries the way of life the religions and yet they still pour in here by the thousand. Strange huh? If they hate it so much why stay? Why not go to a country that is more suitable to their beliefs and culture? One reason and one reason only...they simply wouldn't have the standard of living they have here in the West...or could it be more sinister? Something that has been long in the making?

Not here. Take it elsewhere.

Oh aren't you the key-board tough guy. His post makes perfect sense, why not here? This topic needs to be discussed and I'm sick and tired of this politically correct BS. This violence needs to stop and it starts with muslims policing each other. If they are the religion of peace they need to start acting like it.

I see people trash Christians over and over on this website but god forbid we try to hold muslims accountable for the violence they inflict on innocent people everyday.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by Malynn

In my ever so humble opinion, when all else fails, and believe me we've tried everything else, fight fire with fire.

The constant comparisions with Crusades blah blah are ridiculous....this is happening now...the 21st century comparing it to incidents hundreds of years ago is pretty stupid. Some cultures actually move on and learn from the past.....some cultures it seems don't.

The only apologists I wish to see are Muslims apologising for their bretherns behaviour...however that simply doesn't happen and highly unlikely to.

Integration? They never want it and never will hence the reason they keep the women ignorant and live in only Muslim areas have their own schools shops markets mosques and well lives. They are NOT immigrants in this country they are COLONISTS. There is a huge difference.

Tolerance? Patience? Understanding? We in the UK have had this rammed down our throats for years now. Racism is a dirty word a crime worse than paedophilia it seems. No-one dare speak anymore for fear of insulting or offending someone somewhere on the planet and being labelled a racist. But.....it appears its perfectly ok and for them to be racist to us, the indiginous white population and we have to accept that. When they give the tolerance patience and understanding that we have been forced to give them, I will do the same.

I am sick to death of lying down and being walked all over like a doormat for alleged immigrants who clearly hate everything about the West, the people, the countries the way of life the religions and yet they still pour in here by the thousand. Strange huh? If they hate it so much why stay? Why not go to a country that is more suitable to their beliefs and culture? One reason and one reason only...they simply wouldn't have the standard of living they have here in the West...or could it be more sinister? Something that has been long in the making?

Not here. Take it elsewhere.

Oh aren't you the key-board tough guy. His post makes perfect sense, why not here? This topic needs to be discussed and I'm sick and tired of this politically correct BS. This violence needs to stop and it starts with muslims policing each other. If they are the religion of peace they need to start acting like it.

I see people trash Christians over and over on this website but god forbid we try to hold muslims accountable for the violence they inflict on innocent people everyday.

Indeed. If the "normal" muslims are so shocked and outraged by the behaviour and actions of these radicals then why don't they expose them?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
i am sorry this happened .this was a heinous act but unfortunately i had feared something like this was going to happen. the british gov has been hell bent in letting the muslim immigrants to their country do what they wanted it started with sharia laws being allowed in place of British laws , then you had reports of muslim patrols going through London accosting Londoners outside of bars now they killing people in public. i invite these foolish urders to my country . you will find a good portion of uswill not tolerate there behavior \and it might be them getting the too close hair cut .

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Thing is these guys are converts not real muslims. Their connection to the "muslim community" is very loose, probably visiting the mosque and talking to the Imam. They are not part of say the local pakistani community. They are british of Nigerian descent. I don't see how the "muslim community" could have any sway over what they think and do.

Most muslims abhor this behavior.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

The only reasion most muslims dont like it is becouse it shows the true face of there thinking

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

I think people need to pull their head out of the sand and realise that the woolwich terrorists thoughts are pretty " common" and not as unusual as you would think.

People need to stop believing the EDL/BNP propaganda and see that the majority of Muslims in the UK are genuine Muslims, condemned the attack within hours, and do not believe the same radical ideas of those two extremists!

We have over 1 million Muslims in the UK, and we've had Muslims in the UK for decades too, yet all the "extremist" protests we have seen here have drawn fewer members than the EDL!

Again, people are making this issue bigger than it actually is, for their own political ends. The EDL keep ranting on about "this has to stop" and "all the extremists", but the numbers do not lie. This is the first death in the UK at the hands of a terrorist since 2005! There are no extremists preaching hate on ever street corner. There are not groups pushing for Sharia Law all over the country. There is a MINORITY, smaller than the EDL "membership" preaching rubbish.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join