It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

metro.co.uk

There are reports of a major incident taking place in Woolwich, south-east London, after eyewitness reports of a shooting.

The Metropolitan police would only say officers had been called to reports of ‘an assault’ on John Wilson St.

Scotland Yard’s police helicopter had tweeted to say it was assisting with a ‘serious incident in the Thamesmead area’.

Pictures posted on Twitter showed the helicopter and several ambulances at the scene, as well as a police cordon being maintained.

Oth
(visit the link for the full news article)

+62 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is just breaking so the details are slim.

There are reports of at least three people on the ground but no details on their condition.

It is too early to jump to any conclusions as for what the motive was but hopefully it is not part of a sinister plot that is unfolding as we speak.

I will update with more details as they are available.

metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Another crazed lunatic I'm sure. The day a major crime doesn't happen will be the day we are surprised.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think i heard of a serious armed robbery in the area a few days ago, perhaps this is tied to that, raiding the suspects house or somthing.

Praying that its nothing terror related.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The OP article has since been updated with a picture.

The scene does not look as chaotic as they originally made it sound to be.

I doubt this was "terror" related as in politically motivated.

ETA:

I removed the last portion of this post due to new information that has emerged.

There may be an element of conspiracy behind this after all according to certain details which have since been made available.
edit on 5/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Eyewitness reports 'man with head chopped off'

Source

dfq?

Eyewitness: Man in Help for Heroes t-shirt attacked with knife.
Two people have been shot in Woolwich, south east London, after armed police were called to an incident in which a man wearing a Help for Heroes t-shirt was attacked with a machete-style knife and dumped in the street, eyewitnesses said.

edit on 22-5-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

"Ohhhhh myyyy God!!!! I just see a man with his head chopped off right in front of my eyes!
From @BOYADEE on Twitter: (about 1 hour ago)
Boyadee?size=bigger

The two black bredas run this white guy over over then hop out the car and start chopping mans head off with machete!!
From @BOYADEE on Twitter: (about 1 hour ago)
Boyadee?size=bigger

Then thats how u know they were on sutn cos they actually went for armed feds with just two machete and an old rusty lookin revolver"

Hope this guys just spaming hoax and not actual reports, thats horrible!

+22 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmoPOST REMOVED BY STAFF

Can we not make this a right-wing American gun totin' thread please?
Go wave that constitution somewhere more relevant.

The reports I've been seeing all seem to suggest a random attack, two males hit someone with a car, then got out and attacked him with a machete.

How the police were there so quickly to confront them is suspicious to me though. Normally, even in rough areas of London, it takes minutes for the cops to respond to an emergency. Did these two guys just stick around and wait for them or were the cops right around the corner?

Also there's a suggestion that the two were shot by police... given than most cops are not armed here and this is usually specially trained armed response units, it makes me wonder how credible the reports are.
edit on Wed May 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

The chances of the cops arriving on scene so quickly and also being armed, are slim to non-existent, which suggests they were already being followed by armed police.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Woolwich MP Nick Rainsford: 'It's been verified 1 person is dead, 2 seriously injured' - @BBCLondonNews

www.breakingnews.com...

At least it seems that they have the situation under control.

It still sounds very gruesome though if the reports are true.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Got a bad feeling about this , if the guy was a soldier and he's been decapitated then this could have far reaching implications .

The Mirror newspaper are running live updated here
www.mirror.co.uk...

edit on 22-5-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by kozmo
BUT... wait a minute! Guns are ILLEGAL in the UK. So, how would a "Shooting" be possible???

Can we not make this a right-wing American gun totin' thread please?
Go wave that constitution somewhere more relevant.

Good luck with that. Won't happen though. Once guns are mentioned they come out.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I thought of that as well but did not want to jump to conclusions until the details can be verified.

My curiousity is getting the better of me in reference to the motive and intent behind this attack.

I am confident that as the story unfolds we may have a better picture of what happenned and why.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Got a bad feeling about this , if the guy was a soldier and he's been decapitated then this could have far reaching implications .

Only from the response from others though.
This wasn't a clearly planned and thought out attack based on religious sentiment or revenge for military involvement somewhere, because the two guilty of it were shot.

If this is a "terrorist" incident, with men wanting to get revenge and create terror here etc, why would they not pick a military man, kidnap, take their time, film it, spread it, remain free for longer... this doesn't seem to have had any planning, which makes me think this is either a drug/psychiatric issue, or a targeted attack for some kind of personal argument.

It doesn't fit the "Islamic extremist" idea, in my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
WHY would the assailants have hung around for 20 minutes for the police to turn up? This sounds so umlikely I have to believe it is a mistake and that it just seemed like 20 minutes.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've seen it mentioned twice now that the victim was wearing a Help for Heroes tshirt.

This makes me think two things.

They want us to notice this small, seemingly insignificant fact.

And it's a small jump from the tshirt being a factor to 'militant' Islamists who burn poppies etc which is what most people will automatically think.

Not saying it is or it isn't, but that's the way we're being lead, to my mind at least.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Nick Raynsford MP for Greenwich and Woolwich is telling LBC that he has spoken to has spoken to a senior officer at the nearby barracks and the victim is a serving soldier.
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
According to various media. The victim was wearing a 'help for heroes' t-shir and the location is close to an army barracks.

He was run over by a car, two men jumped out and hacked him up. It took armed response twenty minutes to arrive as local police couldn't deal with is, as one of the attackers was waving an old revolver.

The armed police then had one of the attackers run at her (female cop by all accounts) and was shot dead.

Rumour also suggests that the other attacker tried to fire his gun but it backfired and blew his hand off. The armed police then shot him dead too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join