It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I am not going to discuss the far right. This was a thread about the woolwich terrorism.

All I want to say is thankyou to some sensible people for now allowing this discussion to take on a kind of KKK direction!

Which I have to say is greatly off putting for those of " immigrant" origins.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

People making comments about mosques on a 'march for England' facebook page is nothing compared to the incident that this thread is about.

People sometimes need reminding to stay focused. Something needs to be done to scare extremists into not doing extreme acts. Reality. Like it or not. People react to major incidents, like it or not, it's being protective. Regardless of how low brow some might be, it isn't as low brow as bringing Sharia law to the UK.. Most of those EDL etc men are the product of Britain today, however dumbed down, their instincts are for protecting themselves and families, men tend to act then think a large percent of the time, it is their genetics. I would say the extremists are even further down the evolutionary scale. Did they not expect that this would have a major effect on how their ilk are thought of, did they not consider their actions would place Muslims under more suspicion and hatred? Seriously, doing # like that, expect # like that in return.
edit on 24-5-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Ramcheck

Thanks . My opinion is this once in anothers country try to adopt their ways. Or simply dont go.

My family I think unusually completely dropped their country of origins ways, afterall it was the country that effectively tried to kill them. So it was for them completely adapting. And I am proud of this, that they did so.

I think religion takes people into an unsual category. But ultimately religious folk are still British Muslim and so should behave as such. If they still feel that they are part of their natives country fight then perhaps its better they fight there. You have to move on - no inbetweens.

The Terrorist in London hadnt moved on at all . He was encouraged and it was his nature to participate in anger against the west and to create more chaos.

But I feel if we dont " discuss " this now it could get worse. It is like a warning. For good or for worse...

The right wing, do make things worse they are utterly clueless as to what they are doing .

edit on 24-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

Discussion is the pre-cursor to the truth. Those who are wrong will make themselves known. I have to tell you, this is the first time in my 'almost' 40 years that I have ever felt one ounce of sympathy for a British Soldier. I only have truth and justice on my mind as I go through this story or the next, regardless of any 'ill-feeling' I had towards Imperialists prior to these events.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

''mods job'' seriously if sarcasm is your only retort then think twice before saying it.

''teaching you psychology'', posting others lack of knowledge and casting judgement on them then posting that they should have googled before casting judgement isn't something expected of a psychology graduate. nor is your aggressive tone. Ironically the perpetrator of the incident on which this thread is about reportedly studied psychology.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

People making comments about mosques on a 'march for England' facebook page is nothing compared to the incident that this thread is about.

People sometimes need reminding to stay focused. Something needs to be done to scare extremists into not doing extreme acts. Reality. Like it or not. People react to major incidents, like it or not, it's being protective. Regardless of how low brow some might be, it isn't as low brow as bringing Sharia law to the UK.. Most of those EDL etc men are the product of Britain today, however dumbed down, their instincts are for protecting themselves and families, men tend to act then think a large percent of the time, it is their genetics. I would say the extremists are even further down the evolutionary scale. Did they not expect that this would have a major effect on how their ilk are thought of, did they not consider their actions would place Muslims under more suspicion and hatred? Seriously do # like that and expect # like that in return.

Well I can't really argue with any of that to be honest.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

LOVE that one about the Pavilion man....

Sooooo F'ing funny.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

So, apart from the ludicrousness of the statement 'it's blatently obvious', any event with a high police presence is far right?

Like the student protests in London perhaps where they were kettled? Far right?

Why is the facebook page of their lovely 'family day out' posting pictures of 'supposed' mosques?

2nd line.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This Muslim fella speak sense, must watch.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I very much doubt sharia law is going to get into the UK. I know it as at the top of things that must be sorted however. But you see the different mentality they have is bound to cause problems and issues eventually.

I for one cannot walk down a street when there are muslims, they literally" walk" into me. Complete disregard.

Some muslims who have integrated well do not do this however, so dont think I am speaking of all muslims, but plenty have done this.

And yes it does go through my mind what in 20yrs time? Will I even be able to walk down a street at all. Will I fear for my life?.. You know.

So I know whats happened is going to be the start of a series of incidents because the government just doesnt take this seriously enough.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Magdalene Edwards, neighbour and friend of attacker Michael Adebowale.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

lol She is lying. Its his nature to do this.

Always the same with psychopaths their family and friends think they are a " sweetheart and a darling"

Oh please!

Well seems she was aware of the dangers of islam fundamentalism and tried to warn him not to get too busy with that.

Shes a genuine woman. And living in the neighbourhood she knows that these " types" are out there and potential recruits for them.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Others are saying otherwise to that video.

That said, psychopaths I have encountered were nice and funny some of the time too, and to some they always seemed nice, they just weren't seeing the whole picture. Psychopaths are often able to suppress their darker side in some sort of self preservation / narcissism complex sort of way.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A former neighbour in Romford recalled a “nasty kid” who 10 years ago had attacked a child who lived nearby.
The 68-year-old, who did not want to be named, said the girl's younger brother had come round in distress to say his sister had been attacked.
She said: “He said Michael had spat in her face and then punched her. I looked out the window and he was stood in his front garden in a rage.
“He was very aggressive. I would see him in the street and say a neighbourly 'hello', but he would just glare at you and suck his teeth.”

www.mirror.co.uk...

But she said in his final years at the school, he became involved with a criminal Nigerian gang from outside school.

She said: “We used to go around the house and there used to be 20 black guys and they would walk around the streets.

"They were stealing people’s phones and that and they had knives.”

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
It's been suggested that the victim was wearing a "Help for heroes" T-shirt and he was close to Woolwich barracks. But that is all as far as i'm aware. In a car from a distance before the victim was rammed(?) i doubt they could make out that he was wearing a "Help for Heroes" T-shirt.

As I understand it he was based at the barracks, and the barracks are right there on that street. He wold have walked out of the gates of the barracks and turned the corner before being attacked.

I could be wrong, but I'm quite sure other soldiers at the barracks have made statements about how nice he was, giving me the impression that he was based there.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Others are saying otherwise to that video.

That said, psychopaths I have encountered were nice and funny some of the time too, and to some they always seemed nice, they just weren't seeing the whole picture. Psychopaths are often able to suppress their darker side in some sort of self preservation / narcissism complex sort of way.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A former neighbour in Romford recalled a “nasty kid” who 10 years ago had attacked a child who lived nearby.
The 68-year-old, who did not want to be named, said the girl's younger brother had come round in distress to say his sister had been attacked.
She said: “He said Michael had spat in her face and then punched her. I looked out the window and he was stood in his front garden in a rage.
“He was very aggressive. I would see him in the street and say a neighbourly 'hello', but he would just glare at you and suck his teeth.”

www.mirror.co.uk...

But she said in his final years at the school, he became involved with a criminal Nigerian gang from outside school.

She said: “We used to go around the house and there used to be 20 black guys and they would walk around the streets.

"They were stealing people’s phones and that and they had knives.”

Just to be clear, I didn't say a single word about that video - the 'otherwise' you refer to is I gather that the view of the woman in the video.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

People sometimes need reminding to stay focused. Something needs to be done to scare extremists into not doing extreme acts. Reality. Like it or not.

The reality, like it or not, is that the far-right is using this disgusting event as a political tool to incite hatred and violence. That is every part as important as the event itself.

Those guilty of this crime even stated openly (according to reports) that they wanted a "war in London". Far-right groups like the EDL are now taking advantage of this and spreading more potential violence.

I am not scared of Muslims, I'm scared of far-right neanderthals who barely have enough brain cells between them to spell EDL!

A Mosque in my town was attacked today, others have been too. This shows that there is a risk of more retaliatory attacks on innocent people.

You want to focus on extremists? You need to look at the elephant in the room, the far-right extremists now using this for their own incitement of violence.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

''Others are saying otherwise to that video.''

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

''Others are saying otherwise to that video.''

As I say, "just to be clear". You know how people on these hot topics tend to pick and choose what they want to 'hear'.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

They are being reactionary. If this incident didn't happen, they wouldn't be doing the thing they are doing, they are reacting. Surely the perpetrators of such a disgusting incident weren't naive enough to think there wouldn't be consequences from the flip side of the coin. Radicals reacting against radicals. Perhaps if the government actually took ACTION on extremism in a major way, radicals would not feel the need for their own brand of action.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That's not my style.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Hey, the truth hurts for these far right extremists.

It's like the old joke that goes...
i've got mate, he's black but nowadys, you can't call him black, you have to call him coloured..

One day he said to me " you call me coloured ???..

Your skins white, you hairs black, your eyes are blue, your lips are red and your arseholes brown, AND YOU CALL ME COLOURED....."

Seriously...this will be hijacked to further many causes...
I read that for the first time in history a white English christian is now a minority in London....
WHITE BRIITISH MINORITY IN LONDON
edit on 24-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join