It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I would yes, if more people apologised for others using various parts of their religion to carry out destruction I think it would help.

The reason Im so anti christianity is because of Bushes speech about using god to invade other lands It really put me off.
So I think religious peoples do have to stand up and speak about who ever is causing trouble within their groups.

I understand what you are saying I am not claiming all muslims are this way. But you would be suprised how common exremist views are.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Ramcheck

I would yes, if more people apologised for others using various parts of their religion to carry out destruction I think it would help.

The reason Im so anti christianity is because of Bushes speech about using god to invade other lands It really put me off.
So I think religious peoples do have to stand up and speak about who ever is causing trouble within their groups.

I understand what you are saying I am not claiming all muslims are this way. But you would be suprised how common exremist views are.

Well you have my support up until a point. IMO you need to take one step back and look at the broader spectrum. Peace and have a good weekend.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by OneManArmy

Apologise for a convert of Islam using Islam as a reason to create terror.

Thats just my opinion of whats best. Obviously if most people feel that hes just a " lunatic" then well fine. But fundamentalist Islam exists WITHIN Islam. And they need to make it very clear if they behave this way - they are out!
edit on 24-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

Exactly I do agree. The muslim community does have to do more to root out this sort of extremism and ostracise the nutters, and political extremists. They should also try and integrate into society too. Many do integrate very well, but there is no denying there is a separatism/segregation going on, and needs addressing.

We also need to address the EDL, racial tensions are worked up in the MSM, sensationalist newspapers working the ignorant up into a mouth-foaming frenzy, "those damn immigrants cause all our problems".
No we cause all our own problems by believing in the fantasy that is "democracy". For relying on a government to solve all our problems for us. For becoming dependent on the state handouts, for allowing the schools to fail miserably. For allowing corporate interest to overtake our countries own interest. For allowing politicians that never tell the truth to tell us what to do. Cutting our living standards and raising their own.

Some people sit in judgement of others thinking they have all the answers, and thinking they know best...
The fact is MOST of us are brainwashed, and manipulated and we dont even know it.
Especially the ones that shout the loudest in pure ignorance of any facts, ruled by emotional response like neanderthals, and there you have the EDL and the Extreme muslims, because they are both manifestations of exactly the same thing.

edit on 24-5-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
WTF???

Why should 100 Imams make an official apology.... to anyone?

This logic is moronic as I pointed out previously.

When a Danish chap drew some pictures that offended them, thousands of Muslims were out on the streets demonstrating.

When two Muslim fanatics cut the head off of a British soldier beside a primary school, they don't seem to be able to work up the same enthusiasm to condemn it.

10k Muslims protest US-film in London

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Fundamentalist Christianity is within Christianity. You surely wouldn't ask every priest to apologise for IRA atrocities?

The IRA never once claimed to be carrying out their acts of violence in the name of Christianity. Nor has anyone else claimed such.

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

Link
Link
Link

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
David Cameron and his brightest colleagues have finally come up with a solution to this thorny problem with their "Hug A Muslim"(HAM) campaign.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Rocker2013

They are being reactionary. If this incident didn't happen, they wouldn't be doing the thing they are doing, they are reacting. Surely the perpetrators of such a disgusting incident weren't naive enough to think there wouldn't be consequences from the flip side of the coin. Radicals reacting against radicals. Perhaps if the government actually took ACTION on extremism in a major way, radicals would not feel the need for their own brand of action.

Hang on, so now you're saying that the violence of the EDL is justified because of the violence of the Muslim extremists?
So using that logic, you also think the Muslim extremists were justified in their violence because of the cause of their anger and revenge, right?

Come on, lets see that hypocricy in the cold light of day and actually analyse it.

You're saying that it's expected that there would be retaliation from British against Muslims, but I'm guessing you also refute THEIR explanation of their attack being in response to our bombing of Muslim countries.

And how come most of us are rational, logical, intelligent and not out there screaming for revenge? What makes us different to all the EDL getting rat faced in Woolwich and rioting with the police in "defense" of our country?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Anyone know how they knew he was a soldier?

The T-shirt the soldier was wearing supported soldiers, but the 'help the heroes t-shirt' could have been worn by any member of the public.

So how could they all of a sudden be driving down the road tooled up looking for a soldier to kill, and happen upon a soldier that had nothing to identify him as such?

I'm sure there will be CCTV of the vehicle leading up to the attack too.

Be interesting to see the outcome of the trial.

I've not read all the pages, so sorry if this has already been posted, but has anyone seen the full video of the black guy talking, not the deliberately edited version put out by ITV..?

Woolwich Attack NEW UNCUT Full RAW Video Footage

Don't worry you don't see any gore, it's the black guy with the meat cleaver talking to the camera, but longer than what the MSM put out...

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ah the end bit I havent seen yet - this longer version of the video is interesting indeed!

Bring your troops back, your government doesnt care about you!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Michael Adebolajo the Woolwich terrorist had a best friend who was a soldier in Iraq war and had died there.

I think the story is speaking for itself.

www.standard.co.uk...

So it definately was not a racial attack since his best friend was white!

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

Originally posted by blupblup

reply to post by Tiger5

They need to make an official apology and to the family also.

WTF???

Why should 100 Imams make an official apology.... to anyone?

This logic is moronic as I pointed out previously.

Yes I agree, Its like asking the yorkshire community to apologise for Jimmy Saville.
Or asking the US to apologise for GW Bush.
edit on 24-5-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

Why not take it as a heartfely effort to try and draw distance from a vile crime as a group who is new to the UK in Many respects. Of course if the Moslem community did not try to distance themselves then ATS members would have comented.

The moderate moslems cannot win.

Any I respect their efforts

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
People need to watch this clip.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I think people need to pull their head out of the sand and realise that the woolwich terrorists thoughts are pretty " common" and not as unusual as you would think.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

"an error occurred - please try again later"

Can you not provide a little summary and maybe a little commentary on why we need to watch it?

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

There is a clear divide between the two opposing views of the Muslim representatives at the table, the question is who speaks for the majority of Muslims in the UK?

edit on 24-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join