It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by yeti101
EDL tommy speaks the truth about islam in this video.

No, EDL Tommy speaks a lot of BS in that video.

Here are a few facts about your precious Tommy...

1. He's the son of Irish Immigrants, and screams about sending immigrants home.
2. His real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon
3. He's used other identities including Paul Harris
4. He adopted the name "Tommy Robinson" from a football hooligan
5. Tommy was also involved in the "British Freedom Party" a failed far-right political party that could gain no following and gave up in 2012.
6. The "British Freedom Party" was formed by former members of the BNP (British National Party) who were disillusioned by them becoming mainstream and having to accept black members - it's reported that the BFP planned to break the law by refusing entry to certain racial groups, and that this is why they gave up on the party.
7. He was convicted on 18 April 2005 for assault, when police were called to a domestic by his partner, who was arrested for coc aine possession.
8. In July 2011, he was convicted of having used "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" when inciting violence at a football match.
9 He was arrested on 3 September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, barred from attending protests
10. On 29 September 2011 he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member
11. On 7 January 2013 he pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport with a plan to enter America illegally.

This is all verifiable and information in the public domain. This is the complete numpty running this far-right group, and anyone who thinks the EDL is just "misunderstood" probably needs a psychiatric evaluation.

Saying the EDL is not a fascist organization is like suggesting the Westboro Baptist Church are Sunday School teachers.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

Once again we see the the messenger being attacked and not the message.
Posters and readers can make up there own minds but I am sick and tired of seeing it on ATS.

I put faith in ideas not men.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth

Originally posted by Rocker2013

EDL tommy speaks the truth about islam in this video.

No, EDL Tommy speaks a lot of BS in that video.

Here are a few facts about your precious Tommy...

1. He's the son of Irish Immigrants, and screams about sending immigrants home.
2. His real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon
3. He's used other identities including Paul Harris
4. He adopted the name "Tommy Robinson" from a football hooligan
5. Tommy was also involved in the "British Freedom Party" a failed far-right political party that could gain no following and gave up in 2012.
6. The "British Freedom Party" was formed by former members of the BNP (British National Party) who were disillusioned by them becoming mainstream and having to accept black members - it's reported that the BFP planned to break the law by refusing entry to certain racial groups, and that this is why they gave up on the party.
7. He was convicted on 18 April 2005 for assault, when police were called to a domestic by his partner, who was arrested for coc aine possession.
8. In July 2011, he was convicted of having used "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" when inciting violence at a football match.
9 He was arrested on 3 September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, barred from attending protests
10. On 29 September 2011 he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member
11. On 7 January 2013 he pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport with a plan to enter America illegally.

This is all verifiable and information in the public domain. This is the complete numpty running this far-right group, and anyone who thinks the EDL is just "misunderstood" probably needs a psychiatric evaluation.

Saying the EDL is not a fascist organization is like suggesting the Westboro Baptist Church are Sunday School teachers.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

Once again we see the the messenger being attacked and not the message.
Posters and readers can make up there own minds but I am sick and tired of seeing it on ATS.

I put faith in ideas not men.

It is perhaps, a little too easy to use that analogy after someone responded to a video of your "messenger".

You are correct, people can make up their own minds. If you are sick of seeing something on ATS maybe use the rant sub-forum to vent your anger, rather than having a go at the sole respondent of a rather provocative video.
edit on 26/5/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

as long as there is islam there will be extremists becuase islam is itself extreme. There is no end to this. Politicians lie about islam so do muslims. Their loyalty isnt to the country where they live or were born its to the Ummah (islamic nation). They want to take over the world with their insane religion. We need to stop them and minimize their influence in every part of our society
edit on 26-5-2013 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

as long as there is islam there will be extremists becuase islam is itself extreme. There is no end to this. Politicians lie about islam so do muslims. Their loyalty isnt to the country where they live or were born its to the Ummah (islamic nation). They want to take over the world with their insane religion. We need to stop them and minimize their influence in every part of our society

You clearly have not read the Qur'an at all, and most certainly not with an open mind. But you pick and choose what to use for your agenda, that's what people like you do. To argue with you is futile tbh.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

ive read the koran and some of the hadith. I've done quite a lot of research including reading studies done on muslims in europe and what their views are. You need to wake up and smell the coffee

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazingbrian
reply to post by Freeborn

what filth are you to not feel compassion muslims are no more than children of the false prophet and you will burn in time for what you have done no amount of love thy muslim will quench the fire that burn in english hearts now we hate you all and our hands maybe tied by the laws of our land but those bonds will not hold us and the dam is about to break remember bosnia

And you speak on behalf on all of England do you? Pity if you do, but I suspect it is no more than pub talk between yourself and a few cronies. Good luck with that, it sounds like a threat to me personally.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
More information on perpetrator.

About the EDL, they are reactionary, and an inevitable aspect of the UK culture of these times. Until the government actually takes action instead of small talk and the day the UK becomes a truly educated nation, free from dumbing down (which is unlikely seeing as dumbing down is a method of control and having aggressive men means they have a stock of ready recruits should they require it), there is always likely to be a 'firecracker' contingent. In some ways be thankful because despite their perhaps flawed ways, if you actually needed a group to counteract other violence they are there, who knows, perhaps they even prevent potential extremists from taking action, instilling fear of retribution.

www.bbc.co.uk...

One of the suspects in the Woolwich murder case was arrested in Kenya in 2010, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

It said Michael Adebolajo was arrested there and it gave consular assistance "as normal" in the circumstances.

He was believed to have been preparing to fight with Somali militant group al-Shabab, a Kenyan government spokesman told the BBC, and was later deported.

Islamist insurgent group al-Shabab is affiliated to al-Qaeda and is thought to have 7,000 to 9,000 fighters. It killed 76 people in a double bomb attack in Uganda as they watched the 2010 World Cup.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Regarding cctv footage of this incident, if the shop facing the crash site hasn't recorded anything of interest, at the corner of John Wilson St and Artillery Place, there is a fenced in area that has a cctv camera pointing right in the direction of where this incident took place, which would provide very helpful footage.
edit on 27-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Rocker2013

And you have still not rebutted 1 single point in the video. Why don't you try that would be interesting

1. Anger

Yes, this goes without saying, people should be angry because a young man was murdered on the streets of London. I can feel angry about plenty of things, but that doesn't cause me to take to the streets in an effort to stir up violence and hatred.

2. Complains about Muslims protesting

Welcome to the concept of a free and open society. We have the right to protest and express our opinions. The protest he refers to was a small protest years ago, by (I believe) four Muslims. It was a political protest, which everyone has a right to have. He can agree with it or not, but those same laws allow him and his fellow goons to march in the streets giving Nazi salutes.

3. Grooming gangs

He focuses on a Muslim gang and ignores the massive abuse of children by Catholics. He likes to make out that there are thousands of cases, but he can't present them, he's just making generalized statements about Muslims.

4. Claims that groups are walking around the streets shouting Allah u Akbar

This is false, this did not happen, there is no evidence of it at all, anywhere. The EDL has also been caught actively lying on Facebook and Twitter, claiming that there was a "celebration" by Muslims in Oldham, the police and local residents took to Twitter to point out that this was propaganda, there was no "celebration" in any part of the UK - if there was, evidence of it is required.

4. He says the EDL went to show "solidarity"

In actual fact, 100 - 150 EDL supporters went into Woolwich and got drunk, screamed football chants, waved flags around and then started throwing missiles at the police. There is plenty of video footage of them having a nice time, smiling and laughing and chanting like hooligans while knocking back pint after pint - who was celebrating the young mans death again?

5. If it were a Muslim they would be out in the streets rioting

A 75 year old Muslim man was stabbed to death in Birmingham just this month in what is being described as a hate crime, and I don't remember it even making the news, let alone a Muslim protest about it.

source

6. We're "funding" extremism

Which is it? First he says it's Saudi's funding it, then he says we're funding it. He doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. If our government is allowing these more extreme translations of Islam then this is a policy and government issue. And if this is the case, how come this is the first successful attack on UK soil since 2005?

7. The enemy Islam

So which is it? All of Islam or just the extremists? He seems to go back and forth, one minute he's only against extremists then he's making blanket statements about all Muslims.

8. What are Muslims doing to stop it?

Why aren't all white British men out on the streets condemning the violence we see in every city and town in the country on a Friday and Saturday night? Why aren't all white British men out there doing something about the attacks on Muslims? Why aren't we all apologizing for for the actions of all Atheists, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs… why should peaceful and tolerant Muslims DO anything about extremists? It is not a Muslim problem, it is an extremist problem. Asking why they are not doing anything about it (and they are, by the way) is like asking why he isn't doing anything about the fights outside a pub at the weekend!

9. Luton has 26 Mosques

WONG!
Luton actually has between 12 and 15. Not 26 as he claims.

10. 40 - 50 thousand Muslims in Luton

Again, WRONG
The government statistics released state 27,000 Muslims in Luton.

11. Freudian slip, he says "our whole entire race" then quickly corrects himself to say country. FACEPALM!

12. They want to change blasphemy law?

I haven't seen anyone demanding that at all. I can imagine there are a core group of radicals who want all kinds of things, but that doesn't mean that minority is going to get them.

The guy is like a stereotypical right wing fanatic, even his posture and the way he presents himself is typical of the kind of ignorant buffoon desperate to make people believe his exaggerations. He offers no sources for his statistics, and it's only taken me minutes to look them up and counter them.

If he can offer actual evidence and explain where he gets his numbers from, then maybe he would be a little more credible, but you are believing the opinions of someone who is not able to back up his statements with actual facts.

Just as happens a lot on ATS with people presenting opinions as facts, you are presenting this mans opinions truth, and not even attempting to verify his statements.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Coincidentally, last night on the Yesterday channel they showed the "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" two-part mini-series.

It's pretty remarkable how similar things were back then to what we're seeing now. I said to someone just this weekend, what would happen if there was an election right now, and a far-right party was running? With the level of complete and utter ignorance in this country right now I dread to think how people would have voted.

I am ashamed that so many people in my country seem to have completely forgotten what happened in Germany in the 1930's, it's almost as though schools just stopped educating our population on WW2 when I left school. I'm in my 30's now, and it seems that most in my age group actually get it, we understand what happened to create fascism in Europe, but a lot of people younger than me are completely ignorant of it.

Please, I ask that people supporting the EDL spend an evening watching this...

If you can watch this, and then see the attitudes of those on the average EDL "rally", you might be able to grasp why this is so damn dangerous.

This is your "peaceful" and "not Nazi" fascist EDL...

Now, is anyone going to try to pretend that this is all just propaganda, fiction, or somehow staged? This is what the EDL does at every rally. Every single time they go out on the streets there are chants of zeig heil with Nazi salutes, drunken football hooligan cheers, scuffles, bottles thrown... anyone can do a little search on YouTube and find a wealth of evidence showing exactly what this group of knuckle-draggers is about.

If you are a Briton and you support the EDL, you should go and have a conversation with your grandparents. And if they're no longer with us on this Earth, you should go to their graveside and beg for forgiveness for daring to support something they struggled to fight against!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The EDL are just a 21st century incarnation of the National Front. Can you remind me what the NF were being reactionary to, before the Anti-Nazi League and other like-minded folks(myself among them) chased them off our streets?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

... you don't know that much about Muslims do you? If I told one of my neighbours, who is a Muslim, that his religion means that he isn't British he'd punch me on the nose.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The EDL are just a 21st century incarnation of the National Front. Can you remind me what the NF were being reactionary to, before the Anti-Nazi League and other like-minded folks(myself among them) chased them off our streets?

I never defended them, merely stating that they are a product of society in the UK today, and reactionary, as were the first inclines of nazism in Germany, I do not condone that either. People in large numbers were understandably angry at some of their governments decisions, their reaction was in taking action and a general sweep at those 'of that ilk' as they didn't have the means to root out actual individuals that were causing the problems nor the knowledge of the exact nature of the decisions made that removed them from their homes and businesses and caused them hatred against Jews.

I will not get into a discussion on WWII etc now, suffice to say I do not condone any racism or religionism , however I also do not condone some of the governments decisions that has all but ruined the UK, society, economy, stability, security and services. Something has to be done about it, I am all for constructive action. Even if the EDL is just a wake up call to the government to get off their asses and alter the laws that have allowed such destruction of civilization, then at least they are serving a purpose.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
EDL?

Why would zionists and jewish people fund the EDL? A neo nazi outfit?

wideshut.co.uk...

I think that they a bunch of muppets being controlled to stir up trouble.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I bet florists are hoping for more 'terrorist' attacks, seems they have done great business lately with all those people layers flowers.

Still waiting for someone to answer a question I posed earlier in the thread, and haven't seen anyone in the media trying to address this question...

(Q) How did they know he was a soldier?

It seems a bit coincidental that the attacker's car arrived at that spot just when there happened to be an out of uniform 'soldier'.

What are the chances of them arriving at that point in their car when a soldier happens to be walking down the street, with nothing to distinguish him as a soldier (Help the hero t-shirts are worn by non-soldiers and cannot be used as a means of identifying a person as a definite soldier).

Answers on a postcard please, it's an important question that seems to get overlooked.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
BTW, people should focus on the OP topic, not the EDL.

The EDL are just a diversionary tactic to keep us from focusing on the attacks in detail..

Now back to the thread topic eh peeps...

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join