It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Latest developmemts;

WOOLWICH HORROR TOUCHES RURAL ENGLAND: Police swoop on house in Lincolnshire village as it emerges 'Islamists who slaughtered soldier' are British born with Nigerian background Man on video with bloodied hands believed to be Michael Adebolajo Police raid house in Lincolnshire village thought to be his father's house Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It is understood the men, who are being treated in separate hospitals while under arrest, are most likely to be British citizens of Nigerian descent who have converted to a radical form of Islam. However, they are not thought to have links to terror groups based in Nigeria, such as the jihadist militant organisation Boko Haram.

Police were today seen outside a £365,000 detached house in a Lincolnshire village where they raided a home where Adebolajo is listed as having lived in the past. There was no answer at the address believed to be that of Adebolajo's father, named by neighbours as Anthony Adebolajo. Mr Adebolajo, 56, is believed to be a trained nurse now working in a managerial capacity within the NHS. The modern property was being monitored by two police patrol cars stationed outside. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 23-5-2013 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by FreedomEntered

It doesn't bother me where they are from they are murdering scum, it's the "Oh they are not British, it's the dirty foreigners / religious group that cause all the crime in the UK" rhetoric that I abhor.

Unfortunately that's not the case, there is a high probability that they are actually British but this tragedy will be used (as it already has by the EDL) as a political stepping stone for a bunch of Daily Mail readers or the poster above whose family "Have lived in London for 300 years" to wax lyrical about anti-immigration laws and how much our beautiful land has been torn from it's former glory (Although there's no point in our history where everything has been roses).

God forbid these killers were raised on home soil.. who can we blame then??

Amen! The Gov should have startet to cure this sicknes from the root! It´s easier to point the finger at some foreign terrorist.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Thanks for the link. So he wasnt raised in the ghetto.

He was raised in some village in a well to do family.

Well looks like the more " intelligent" or " well to do" terrorists are out then. Like the Boston Bombers educated and well to do. The plot thickens..
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
And now some suit on the BBC is getting to the agenda they're going to use this murder for.

Get ready for the Electronic Communication Bill getting forced through in the next few days.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Indeed! It raises interesting questions as to why the children of 'respectable' middle class parents would feel so disenfranchised.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
And now some suit on the BBC is getting to the agenda they're going to use this murder for.

Get ready for the Electronic Communication Bill getting forced through in the next few days.

What "Electronic Communication Bill" would this be? One that allows them to eavesdrop on any electronic information, like they don't do that already?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by khimbar

What "Electronic Communication Bill" would this be? One that allows them to eavesdrop on any electronic information, like they don't do that already?

The one that didn't get mentioned in the Queen's Speech.

From the Telegraph

10.20 Former security minister Lord West has added his voice to calls to revive the Government plans to extend internet and email monitoring powers to the security services.

Lord West said that the Communications Data Bill would have allowed investigators to get hold of the attackers' phone records to trace their contacts.

Lord West told Sky News: "If we don't get a Communications Data Bill, then in the future we won't be able to find that sort of information.

"That information is extremely important for our security services to be able to pin down people, find out who they are linked with, who maybe radicalised them - was it just themselves or is there someone radicalising more people?

"We need to know this information and I do think that the Communications Data Bill which was due to come through and has been put on pause by the Deputy Prime Minister, I think that's a terrible mistake."

The bill was dropped from the Queen's Speech following opposition from the Liberal Democrats.

Never let a crisis go to waste.
edit on 23-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
David Cameron to give statement at Downing street shortly, BBC news.

This is madness, that poor guy. My heart goes out to his family.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by biggilo
reply to post by Truth_Hz

They may have British citizenship but that doesn't make them 'British'

What about the Irish men who dragged 2 undercover soldiers out of their vehicle and brutally murdered them? Were they British?

They were Irish - is it just me or are you being a bit dim ?

Are you suggesting that the Irish are drastically different in their personalities than their not too distant kin across the Irish Sea? Are they not born in what is commonly known as the British Isles?

edit on 23-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Sooo by your logic, then Chechens must be nearly identical to Russians...and maybe the Turks are too...
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Is this "lord" really naive enough to believe they aren't already doing this, whether there's a bill, or not?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

Is this "lord" really naive enough to believe they aren't already doing this, whether there's a bill, or not?

They want to extend the powers and let more agencies be able to do it.

And the bill would also give them tacit approval from the population.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

They are not disenfranchised. They have an extremist point of view.

Remember the murders by those rich american young adults in hollywood, the manson family - think they were called?... Its the same thing suddenly they get these " extremist views" . And when they are ready they set off.

The parents have NO control of them. But thats not to say they recieved good parenting either.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Cameron has also been talking about tighter controls on the internet, 'extremist sites'. I don't know if that comes under the sam bill you mentioned.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

haha so moronic. People talk amoungst themselves. People within groups and so on TALK ideas, thoughts, feelings.

This for sure wont stop these terrorists... from coming.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Maybe they feel disenfranchised, like they don't belong. As other posters have demonstrated with their views some people will never be fully accepted as British due to the colour of their skin. That might be something that ends up pointing them in the direction of extremism.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearlyme

There are groups in the ME who enslaved, tortured, raped, and murdered their own before the US and UK were in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Indeed, and who supported these people or even put them into power in the first place? Gave them weapons, in Saddam's case even chemical ones to attack their neighbor Iran, who just got rid of a fascist dictator, installed by guess who?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Sooo by your logic, then Chechens must be nearly identical to Russians...and maybe the Turks are too...
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

When you remove all the self-applied labels and those that have been assigned by people with an agenda, humans are humans wherever they may be.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

reply to post by khimbar

They can do this to specified targets under legal permission, but the bill would allow them to monitor anyone, everyone, collecting data and building files on every single citizen in the UK. This would basically sanction the creation of a massive database of every innocent person, recording all their internet activity, their on-line identities, their phone calls, their text messages, their emails...

This goes FAR beyond just tapping the phone of a suspected terrorist, this bill would legally make every UK citizen a suspected terrorist, with no rights to privacy at all.

We MUST NOT allow them to do that. Under no circumstances will it stop terrorism, it's just a method for the government to monitor, threaten and control peaceful and law-abiding people.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

To say my comment is complete and utter bullocks, is more you wanting to say that phrase, than any real objection to my point.

I said it's bollocks for the simple reason that based on my experiences of living in the UK for approaching 48 years it is indeed complete and utter bollocks.

But I like the way you assume you know me and how and what I really think.

I recognise and accept that there are racists in the UK but the vast majority of people most definately are not which is why the vast majority of black, brown, yellow or whatever colour live in peaceful co-existence as part of the rich tapestry that makes up British society and culture.
They have come here, worked hard and integrated and helped enhance our society and culture and allowed it to continue to grow and develop.

The problem lies with the Muslim extremists who come here, refuse to integrate, take advantage of every opportunity this country offers them, give little if anything back in return then constantly criticise the self same country that has fostered them, offered shelter and safe haven and an opportunity make a life for themselves.
It is that attitude that has seriously pissed off a lot of people of various ethnic origins and faith systems.

It is not their 'race' that people don't like it's their interpretation of a belief system and it's manifestations which people find distasteful, disrespectful, antagonistic and at times simply downright abhorent and barbaric.

The UK is far from perfect and has many faults, as a generalisation intolerance of a person's race or creed is not one of them.

Also let's get with the times and use the word 'black' instead of 'coloured'. I mean, really?

They are what they are, plain and simple.
It's pretty much irrelevant what label you may choose to attach to them - me, I just prefer to take people as I find them without categorising them too much.

I know quite a few people who find the term 'Black' offensive, especially those of mixed race.

I said that people in this thread are an example of what black people experience, there's no way you can know different. So speak only upon what you know.

Perhaps you should take a leaf out of your own book.

People have been anaylising the accent of the guy in the video and trying to determine his origin. Also his appearance. He is clearly British but referred to as 'other.'

Who refers to him as 'other'?
One of the attackers himself refers to 'your government' and 'our lands' etc - he is quite obviously disassociating himself from the UK.
He may well have been raised here, possibly even born here, but he still considers himself not from the UK or British.

What point are you trying to make here?

How would you feel if forever based on the colour of your skin that people would judge your origin? You have the luxury of never knowing but the complacency of not caring.

How do you know what circumstances or situations I have found myself in or anything at all about me?

I have been pre-judged many times on the colour of my skin, my nationality, on my accent, on my size, on my clothes, on my social class etc.

Seems to me like you just want to make excuse for this brutal and callous act and attribute blame on anyone other than those that actually carried out this appaling murder.

edit on 23/5/13 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Like it or not, it is true that Islam has been the cause of and at the front of the vast majority of problems over the last 20 years. Hardly a day goes by when you don't hear of some atrocity or Muslim terror event. Its not Hindus Buddhists Sikhs or any other religious group so obviously with the huge amount of publicity given over to Muslim/Islamic incidents, views that were once very tolerant are going to change. People are going to feel threatened and fearful, people are going to get sick to the back teeth of the "hassle" Muslims are causing and I suppose at some point there will be a breaking point. Is this all a long term plan of some Government agenda? I don't know but what I do know is Islam is its own worst enemy and how over the years this will play out is anyone's guess but its going to take some serious PR to change the attitudes towards it and Muslims in general after all that has been attributed to them.

We humans don't tend to differentiate. If 10 Muslims bomb a church then all Muslims are bad. If 10 Brits on holiday wreck a hotel all Brits are monsters abroad. Everyone's actions colour opinions. Its rare nowadays to be about colour but more about attitudes and cultural divides. When you go abroad you are in effect diplomats for your country and the same when you emigrate. You will be judged on your actions and on the actions of others of your group/religion/culture etc

We cannot force people to accept another's culture and no amount of legislation will make that workable. Cultures are different and that is the point. It would be a sad planet if we all felt acted and thought the same!

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join