It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Saw her interviewed this morning. She is an ex teacher but i missed what she does now. She said she got off the bus because she thought it was a R.T.A so she thought she may be able to help. Then she got near and realised what was happening - and just thought better me than any children or parents wandering past. She simply tried to keep them calm and talking, asking them what they wanted, etc. I say simply, but frankly that required some of biggest balls i can imagine.......

Anyhow, she is called Ingrid and sounds foreign (Dutch / German / Scandinavian?).

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Precisely, once everyone starts to live in fear and changes for them, then they have won !!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

The women who interviewed him deserves a medal for bravery- no fear

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by spacedog1973

Reading this thread is an example of what it is like for British people of colour in the UK.

Many white people do not and will never accept them as ever having the capacity to belong and are and will always be 'other'.

That is complete and utter bollocks.

The vast majority of coloured people who live here have fully integrated and enhanced British society and culture.

Of course there are a few idiots with outright racist beliefs and we have to maintain the fight against racism no matter which form it takes.

The 'problem' lies with elements within one particular group.

And I think if you look deep enough into it you will find that there are one or two British 'people of colour' who have posted in this thread with sentiments not too dissimilar to those of mine.

But wtf do I know, I only live here.
edit on 23/5/13 by Freeborn because: clarity

To say my comment is complete and utter bullocks, is more you wanting to say that phrase, than any real objection to my point. The mods here have deleted some of my responses to such individuals and warned others specifically for racist comments. That's a fact. And you're intelligent enough to know that. So don't reply to my posts with bull#.

Also let's get with the times and use the word 'black' instead of 'coloured'. I mean, really?

I said that people in this thread are an example of what black people experience, there's no way you can know different. So speak only upon what you know.

This site is a representative sample of the wider public whether you like it or not. And a proportion of the public do not accept black people as ever being British. People have been anaylising the accent of the guy in the video and trying to determine his origin. Also his appearance. He is clearly British but referred to as 'other.'

How would you feel if forever based on the colour of your skin that people would judge your origin? You have the luxury of never knowing but the complacency of not caring.

Its a factor. Deal with it

edit on 23-5-2013 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This woman - the interviewer - is my hero . When people start running away, they will chase.

Its just instinct.
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

he is NOT British ..
He is African.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If this is what it seems to be, an attack by radical Islam on the UK then if what I have predicted a while ago comes to pass this will be the start of something very big.

I've long said that the PC brigade who keep repeating that awful dribble about it only being a few nutcases will soon see what the UK government have known for quite some while, that these type of attacks have been planned and avoided before and the network behind it is vast.

I also predicted that it only takes for one such attack like this one, a cold and direct come get us slaughter of a person for others to see the UK as an easier target and do what they do on the streets of Afghanistan.

Uncontrolled slaughter...

Its about time the UK cracked down on Radical Islam here in the UK, stop dealing with them in conversation, crack down on them and REMOVE them. These two killers could be the start of the flood gates of similar martyr attacks, they happily do them in the Middle East, why not here, they were able to do this one with ease.

So now, crack down on the supporters of Radical Islam, close the Mosques that preach it, remove the people that teach it, shut down the Uni radical groups and make Radical Islam a zero tolerance subject.

Radical Islam is now hate speech, they would agree, they also proudly declare that they do not support human rights, well fine, yours also should not be supported by proxy. Do we really want a Sweden in its current form, 3 possibly 4 days of rioting that isn't getting reported, people's property destroyed, buildings set alight, the Police standing back and watching while terrified Swedes see their country going up in flames and their lives in danger by core groups of Muslim immigrants who support Shariah so are classed as Radical.

I'd also now like to see normal Muslims who despise all this finally standing up and in mass and telling the British Non Muslims that these are NOT practicing the religion as per the book and they do NOT support them.

There have been some groups doing it and I'm very happy to see that but we need to see a bigger more vocal distancing of normal Muslims from these people because if we don't they will be treated as being part of the problem by some UK groups which must be avoided.

As most know I follow no religion and have Muslim in laws and I can say truthfully that they have been horrified at what they have seen done in Allah's name yesterday. They thought this stuff only happened in the Middle East and are mortified that they have seen it on the streets of their home city.

One can only hope that these two have zero links and were just a couple of religious radicals trying it on but even then if that is the case I just wonder just how much of a spur it could be to fellow radicals to imitate this Jihad, worse still if it is as I said a while back and IS a proper staged attack on the UK because that means this won't be the last one.

Either way Radical Islam must be targeted and removed from here in the UK before Mini Iraq comes to the UK.

To the stock broker belt types who make up our judges and politicians etc, its about time you took your head out of the sand and saw the UK as it is, to realise the severity of the people you choose not to deport, its about time we stopped blaming Brussels, most failed deportations were sanctioned by UK judges who simply are separate from normal life, we must either enlighten them or remove them from office.

Yesterday was both a terrible day and a wake up call to just how easy we are to be attacked.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Everyone born in the UK has a history. Its our history " partially" that shapes us.

The "thoughts" he has due to his environment and ethnic background are clearly important in this case. Although this bares no reflection on other British Black people.

Because all histories are greatly varied...
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I just wish that when they put these guys in prison for life, they get put in general population. I'd give their chance of survival 6 months tops.

We all know though that they will be afforded only the top security and protection, costing tax payers millions.

Meanwhile.....regarding the whole EDL protest last night......i did have to laugh at the balaclavas worn by some of them, an item usually worn for complete disguise......so we'll put our name and logo on the front of it!

Considering most EDL units will have been infiltrated by police intel, i swear some people don't have the brains they were born with.

CX.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Do you want their heads chopped off too? like what happens in Islamic countries.

Sure that would help things.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by LABTECH767

I have never hurt any Muslims and I doubt that young man whom they murdered had even if he was a soldier,.

Neither have I, but then many people in Afghanistan and Iraq hadn't hurt people in this country yet they have been killed.

What has happened to this young man is a heinous crime, yet I don't think we can sit back and turn a blind eye to things that our country is doing in the world in our name.

Hi, I've been reading too many posts with a certain milquetoast attitude, so my response to yours comes after reading too many..

I'm in the US but I think our countries are both objects of hatred by some because they believe our countries wronged them.

US got rid of the raping, murdering, sons of Hussein and their tyrant father, spent tons of taxpayer money in the Iraqi war and didn't ask for 1 barrel of oil from a very,very rich country. How are Christians in Iraq treated? Are there still suicide bombers in Iraq? YES

The Taliban had their radical, oppressive jack boots on the necks of Afghanis and woman were treated worse than garbage.

There are groups in the ME who enslaved, tortured, raped, and murdered their own before the US and UK were in Iraq and Afghanistan.

See, I'm not saying we're perfect but people like the guy in the video come to the West...maybe they work..maybe they don't. They receive aid (on the dole) and public housing and curse Western ways while sucking on the government teet. Why come to the West to begin with if you hate it so much? The murderer in the video said we're stopping them from having Sharia Law. I don't care if they practice Sharia Law, just not in my country. Go back to your land and do whatever you want. I won't force you to become a Christian and don't force your ways on me. But, there's the difference. Their book tells them that being violent towards the infidel is acceptable. They do not hide the fact that they want Islam to dominate...by force if the West doesn't bow willingly.

Regarding those who say the murderer doesn't look Muslim: What does a religion look like? Did the Tsarnaev brothers look Muslim? To those of you who accused others of racism but say the knife wielding coward didn't look Muslim...didn't you just engage in profiling?

The radicals have made their intentions very clear over and over again. The man with the bloody hands told the person filming to get rid of the gov't...your PM won't be caught on the streets when they start busting their guns but the regular citizens will. See, he's admitting that he's not going for the politicians but the regular people who are going about their lives. They don't care. And having a milquetoast attitude does not bode well. What would I do? Deport all until things are sorted out and we know who our friends are. That's not racist and it's not Nazism. I said deport, not pack them into cattle cars, send them to concentration camps and kill them. But the radicals who have killed the "infidel" and threatened death to the West over and over...just who acts like Nazis?

There is nothing wrong with wanting to live. The radicals may glorify suicide and believe it perfectly fine to send their babies on suicide missions, but I don't. As imperfect as the West is (the world is imperfect), we're more about building than destroying.
edit on 23-5-2013 by clearlyme because: correction

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
More on the lady......

Ingrid Layou-Kennet

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thanks. This woman has the " spirit" everyone needs with dealing with terrorists. They are making a political point using violence.

And she has the balls --- every citizen needs.

No running away, hiding, acting cowardly.

This should ignite debate ....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by clearlyme

Yes, but muslims wont let people of other " religions" practice in their country very often and wont allow people to convert out.

Its their goal to have everyone believe in Allah, Islamic ideology and faith.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Also let's get with the times and use the word 'black' instead of 'coloured'. I mean, really?

Your assuming he meant just the blacks of the country... there's lots of ethnic races in the UK.

Its kicked off this time it with the public... the first time people of a certain generation will have seen anything like this amplified by modern media.

When the IRA were up to there tricks we overcame, I think our experience with that is the main reason why things have been controlled quite well.

I don't see this is being nay different... the minority of extremist will be dealt with even more so now with attacks in London.

edit on 23-5-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You just need to read the headlines in the press this morning...they have an agenda...The SUN states that the soldier was beheaded...lie...that they were muslims...unconfirmed...that they are associated to Al-Quida...camon people, use logic here... You just need to look at the image fakery involved in the Boston bombing to realise that we are being played.
There was also a quote yetserday from bbc breaking news "BBC Tweet: BBC Breaking News @BBCBreaking 21m
UK officials say Woolwich incident not connected to intelligence-led operation - via @FrankRGardner Live updates: bbc.in...... so was there a drill going on at the time??...and WHERE have we heard that before..oh yea...9/11...7/7....Boston Bombing...its a sham..

The biggest headlines are based on Ingrid Layou-Kennet persuading the killers to surrender?? was this before or after they supposidly ran at the armed officers who shot them...its an agenda ridden farce.....

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Actually he is more than likely British as he is likely to have full British nationality and a full british passport witht he right to work and like in the UK. What exactly are you really getting at?
edit on 23-5-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by clearlyme

Yes, but muslims wont let people of other " religions" practice in their country very often and wont allow people to convert out.

Its their goal to have everyone believe in Allah, Islamic ideology and faith.

Well, they are all going to die disappointed then, as it isn't going to happen in their lifetimes, or any lifetimes after.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Actually he is more than likely British as he is likely to have full British nationality and a full british passport witht he right to work and like in the UK. What exactly are you really getting at?

Believe me... I've seen a lot of her posts and you don't really want your mind polluted by her thought processes.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

He is Nigerian.
You are a racist to think that being British is better thn being African therefore you default him to British.
He is Nigerian which is a country in West Africa,
Handing someone a British passport does not change that - anyone in the world who is from Africa can get a British Passport.
London is a city of Africa these days.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join