It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Sooo by your logic, then Chechens must be nearly identical to Russians...and maybe the Turks are too...
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

When you remove all the self-applied labels and those that have been assigned by people with an agenda, humans are humans wherever they may be.

I was just trying to see if your logic worked for someone other than British/Irish. Did you think so? Or do you identify with Chechens as much as you identify with people in Astrakhan? I was just wondering you know with that whole war thing going.
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well Ive news for you NO ONE can recognise a terrorist.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Freeborn

Well Ive news for you NO ONE can recognise a terrorist.

and your point is?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Mahatma Gandhi

Have a better day today folks

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

reply to post by wmd_2008

You cannot identify who is going to be a terrorist.

Or a nutcase. Or both.

What even when they do things like this.

Pack their bags and send them were they want to be, I am sure MANY would put money towards their removal

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Thats a very sad photo. Hopefully, one day they wont be able to spread these hateful messeges.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by HelenConway

Actually he is more than likely British as he is likely to have full British nationality and a full british passport witht he right to work and like in the UK. What exactly are you really getting at?
edit on 23-5-2013 by Tiger5 because: typo

He is Nigerian.
You are a racist to think that being British is better thn being African therefore you default him to British.
He is Nigerian which is a country in West Africa,
Handing someone a British passport does not change that - anyone in the world who is from Africa can get a British Passport.
London is a city of Africa these days.

Let me get this right. Giving someone a British citizenship doesn't make them a British citizen?

Silly person

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
reply to post by Truth_Hz

They may have British citizenship but that doesn't make them 'British'

I'm quite certain it does

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think that is the point, we have all become far to scared of saying anything that even slightly hints at offence. No-one has broad shoulders anymore, no-one is able to take it on the chin and everyone it seems has the right to be righteously indignant...usually on behalf of someone else!

We all have the intelligence to know when someone is being purposefully insulting or offensive but yet we appear now to have become hyper vigilant for people to say something that can be jumped on or reported with screams of racist bigot and the like. Does this not smack of big brother to an extent? We have white people crying offence and being indignant on behalf of other races....why? I'm sure if a black jew native american or other was offended they are more than capable of stating their case and being offended themselves!

We have set ourselves up as the pc police and that was to my way of thinking the exact plan of TPTB

CX

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

reply to post by CX

Do you want their heads chopped off too? like what happens in Islamic countries.

Sure that would help things.

Nope, i don't believe in an eye for an eye most of the time, i don't believe it always helps.....but given the choice of them being left to fend for themselves or being looked after for the rest of their lives because of their "rights", at a costly price to the system, i know which one i'd choose.

CX.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

You cannot identify who is going to be a terrorist.

Or a nutcase. Or both.

What even when they do things like this.

Pack their bags and send them were they want to be, I am sure MANY would put money towards their removal

Ultimately that is freedom of speech, isn't it?

You're allowed to protest about anything too, that is your right. So why deny that right to someone you don't agree with, and how can you justify that?

Yes, it's sad that these people exist here, and you do have to wonder why these people don't just f-off to another country, but they still have the right under law to express their opinion.

Things need to change in freedom of opinion, to take into account the appropriateness of the location - I don't think the Phelps cult in the USA should be allowed anywhere near a funeral for instance, and I don't think these people should be allowed to preach their hatred in military marches or repatriations etc...

But just saying "silence them" is not acceptable to me. Just saying "send them all home" when many of these people might have been born here, is a nonsense.

Yes, I understand that this knee-jerk hatred is easier than actually thinking about things, but please invest some time and try to think more rationally, for the sake of peace and stability in our country!

edit on 23-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Thats a very sad photo. Hopefully, one day they wont be able to spread these hateful messeges.

Yes and so do I, I have muslim neighbours a few doors along they are a great family talk they to all the other neighbours and get along with everyone the way it should be.

But it's getting to the point EVEN if they are born here we should just send them back to their ancestral home if they are not happy no one is forcing them to stay if they were offered a chance to leave I bet you there would be very few taker's of that offer.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Surely as a nation we need to start pushing our values more to any and all minority communities (but also to all communities).

We need to follow Australia's lead and say we are a secular nation. We accept everyone provided they abide by our values and traditions. If you preach hate, you are not welcome.

That goes for all extremists of any denomination, not just Muslims.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Err....Give us a clue, what are you responding to?
What point are you trying to make?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

The ideals of tolerance and acceptance are deemed noble, and that's why people aspire to them. Personally I believe that most people aren't tolerant and accepting deep down, but would rather put on that they are, it's classic mob mentality. And I've seen it first hand many times, the quickest people to scream "racist" at their peers are usually the ones with some subconscious xenophobic tendencies. The 'PC' brigade are, mostly, people trying to fit in with the perceived view that we all should be tolerant and accepting, in my opinion.

The problem with 'tolerance and acceptance' is that it ought to be a 2 way street, and it's not, that's why it doesn't always work.

edit on 23-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by phyllida
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think that is the point, we have all become far to scared of saying anything that even slightly hints at offence. No-one has broad shoulders anymore, no-one is able to take it on the chin and everyone it seems has the right to be righteously indignant...usually on behalf of someone else!

Yes it's sad I was brought up in the time of "stick & stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me" now that's not pc, kids can't compete at school games because no one should loose and a whole lot of other namby pamby regulations that are supposed to protect us

edit on 23-5-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
This Thread has gone a long way since I logged off yesterday but anyway, thought i'd add this:

Australia's Government are taking a hard line on Radicals:

Bollocks. This nonsense has been going around for ages. It's been debunked at Snopes.

Here's a tip: check Snopes before forwarding stupid emails. Better still, check the facts yourself and you won't even need to check Snopes.

DON'T JUST BELIEVE ANY OLD THING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET. DON'T BE A SHEEP.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

Care to explain your thoughts on this

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join