It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

The problem with London is not that it is full of foreigners but that it is full of poor, uneducated people who have arrived en masse for the free housing, healthcare etc and this has created a balkinisation of the suburbs.

Well damn, I almost totally agree with that statement. Its a root cause but I wont insinuate that everyone who arrives are uneducated. A large portion are highly qualified.

link   
reply to post by khimbar

The media loves to have a hero in these types of events. All helps with the narrative we have become accustomed to.

link   
He would actually be african-british.

Lets see how they squirm out of this one.
edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
reply to post by Truth_Hz

They may have British citizenship but that doesn't make them 'British'

What about the Irish men who dragged 2 undercover soldiers out of their vehicle and brutally murdered them? Were they British?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Whatever way you view the horrible event that happened on the streets of Woolwich today, there are going to be people who cannot contain their anger, I see more of this in the days to come. Sense doesn't come into it.

"Sense doesn't come into it" ...is very stupid.

Islamic terror attack --> retaliation against Muslims --> hatred and tension increased --> more young Muslims radicalized --> more Islamic terror attacks

Anyone 'retaliating' against Muslims right now is helping create more extremists.

I agree with what you say so what do you suggest then

Don't you think it's strange that the Muslim Council of Britain are always quick to apologies for events like this yet NEVER seem to find these people out before they do something.

Somebody in the muslim community must know what these guys are saying and doing in the background yet they NEVER seem to be turned in

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

You cannot identify who is going to be a terrorist.

Or a nutcase. Or both.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

What about the Irish men who dragged 2 undercover soldiers out of their vehicle and brutally murdered them? Were they British?

They were Irish - is it just me or are you being a bit dim ?

Some would say that NI would make them British.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

It doesn't bother me where they are from they are murdering scum, it's the "Oh they are not British, it's the dirty foreigners / religious group that cause all the crime in the UK" rhetoric that I abhor.

Unfortunately that's not the case, there is a high probability that they are actually British but this tragedy will be used (as it already has by the EDL) as a political stepping stone for a bunch of Daily Mail readers or the poster above whose family "Have lived in London for 300 years" to wax lyrical about anti-immigration laws and how much our beautiful land has been torn from it's former glory (Although there's no point in our history where everything has been roses).

God forbid these killers were raised on home soil.. who can we blame then??

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

In NI you can chose your citizenship, Irish, British or both, considering it was a 'Republican' crowd attending an IRA funeral it is a safe bet they were all Irish.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by khimbar

The media loves to have a hero in these types of events. All helps with the narrative we have become accustomed to.

Very true.

The irony being in this case she's foreign. One of the 'good' foreign though, the blonde Caucasian type, so we're allowed to like her.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The problem with London is not that it is full of foreigners but that it is full of poor, uneducated people who have arrived en masse for the free housing, healthcare etc and this has created a balkinisation of the suburbs.

And if it turns out these guys were British born, or came here at a young age, your points are irrelevant.

I went on Facebook last night and everyone was posting the flag and screaming about being "proud to be British", with comments like "Send them all home!"... SEND WHO HOME, TO WHERE?

This is exactly the kind of knee-jerk extremism I fear. Idiotic people across the country are putting everyone together into one criminal group, when they have done nothing wrong. It's easy to make extreme right statements about this, but when I ask people who exactly they want to send home, no one has a freakin' answer!

Is it because they suddenly realist the stupidity of their statement, or because their answer would show them to be the racist they are?

Sending mouthy clerics "home" (some of them were born here) may be right, but they didn't do this, did they.
Sending all Muslims "home" (again, plenty ARE home already) is a far-right response.
Sending all immigrants "home" (is that one generation only? Their kids too? Where do you draw the line?) also will change nothing, they didn't do this.

I would really like to understand this racist response to the attack, because I really don't get it at all. There are a lot of knee-jerk reactions going on right now but none of those people seem to be capable of having a proper discussion with actual solutions and logical responses.

link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

They were Irish - is it just me or are you being a bit dim ?

Are you suggesting that the Irish are drastically different in their personalities than their not too distant kin across the Irish Sea? Are they not born in what is commonly known as the British Isles?

edit on 23-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by tdk84

I agree but they refer to themselves usually as Northern Irish or the catholics call themselves Irish,

They are all proud to be Irish though and would NOT be offended if you referred to them as Nortern Irish or Irish.

I love people like Ivan [ Not really ] who think Africans should be ashamed of their roots and should always refer to themselves as European in one guise or another.

I bet Ivan has not even been to Africa, he is very foolish and bigotted in his views.
edit on 23-5-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Sounds more like after the fact justification to me. I've still not seen any evidence that the dead man was clearly identifiable as a soldier, so it remains to be explained how they knew he was one when they first drove at him, unless there had been some kind of interaction beforehand and the dead guy had told them he was one, for whatever reason.

Justification sure, it's his motive and his solution like I said, doesn't make it right or justifiable....I am not defending him. You bring up a good point, how did this guy even know the other guy was a soldier? Was he tracking him? Did he follow him from the base? DId he know him? Did he just make a wild guess because of a T shirt? lol if I wear a tshirt that says FBI does that make me FBI?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

And if it turns out these guys were British born, or came here at a young age, your points are irrelevant.

I went on Facebook last night and everyone was posting the flag and screaming about being "proud to be British", with comments like "Send them all home!"... SEND WHO HOME, TO WHERE?

This is exactly the kind of knee-jerk extremism I fear. Idiotic people across the country are putting everyone together into one criminal group, when they have done nothing wrong. It's easy to make extreme right statements about this, but when I ask people who exactly they want to send home, no one has a freakin' answer!

Is it because they suddenly realist the stupidity of their statement, or because their answer would show them to be the racist they are?

Sending mouthy clerics "home" (some of them were born here) may be right, but they didn't do this, did they.
Sending all Muslims "home" (again, plenty ARE home already) is a far-right response.
Sending all immigrants "home" (is that one generation only? Their kids too? Where do you draw the line?) also will change nothing, they didn't do this.

I would really like to understand this racist response to the attack, because I really don't get it at all. There are a lot of knee-jerk reactions going on right now but none of those people seem to be capable of having a proper discussion with actual solutions and logical responses.

To quote myself...

They killed because they were nutters, their subjective justification may of been Islam, but some men kill their partners with a subjective justification of them speaking to other men because of extreme possessiveness.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Because many justifications for murder are ridiculous.

But watch how many people spout hatred of Islam and foreigners, even though the guy was speaking in a broad south London accent.

Do we hate Christians because Hitler was one? No, we just realise he was #ing crazy.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Well the papers stated that he is of Nigerian descent which does not make him nigerian at all. If you know more then please state your fscts. If he was a Nigerian national then there would have been a diplomatic incident and the appropriate ambassador or diplomat. There are many Nigerians who are good british citizens.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I have lived in a pretty bad place in the UK. I have walked past murder scenes on my way to work. The people that have seen this type of violence on a day to day basis seem to ignore it. They prob didn´t even look at the body on the ground. It´s best to mind your own busines in the hood if you want to stay out of trouble. So they didn´t know it was so grusome.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join