It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by Ormuz

The situation was outrageously strange.

What baffled me more than the attack were the members of the public just standing casually near the scene and the people videoing them and the attackers apparently trying to justifying their actions (somewhat coherently too!). The entire situation is preposterous and pretty baffling!

On playback it does look bizarre, surreal. Though in conflict situations, the general training is to minimise risk, talking calmly to those guys would be the standard textbook response for a trained, unarmed, civilian, perhaps this woman was the Scout leader, who would be trained in crisis management. She calmly managed a situation, possibly due to being a woman, those guys said only women were allowed near the soldier's body, claiming it is 'how god would want it' or something to that effect, perhaps she felt obligated to take this position to diffuse any potential attacks on other men in the vicinity, and was initially fueled by curiosity.

As for those filming and passers by nonchalantly going about their day, like the woman that walked past the guy, bloodied hands talking to a camera, they weren't aware of the actual nature of the situation, some said they thought they were helping the soldier, then realised they weren't. Those filming it were told to, they probably did so out of fear and the need for self preservation, as well as that it could be used for evidence and perhaps they stuck around as they wanted to ensure nothing else happened, or could be of assistance somehow.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skush
Just confirmed on Sky News that this is being treated as a terrorist attack.

Typical idiot politicians!

They never let a good crisis go to waste, do they?

This is simply a murder. Just because the victim was a soldier doesn't mean it's a "terrorist attack".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Ironclad

Actually, I've met a few of these muslims you are so terrified of and they are really nice people, Still, don't let me and my experiences spoil your stereotypical view of the world around you.

Blinders firmly on !

Most Germans I have met are really nice people too...and yet Germans were responsible for the deaths of millions in Europe in two World Wars.

Most Japanese I have met are really nice people...and yet they too terrorized the Pacific, killing millions during WWII.

Most Americans I have met are really nice people...and yet they are almost always at war somewhere in the world.

It is not "stereotypical" to say that, at this point in history a huge percentage of the mayhem around the world is the work of Muslims (and a lot of it Muslim against Muslim violence). It is just a fact.

The fact that you have a met a few nice Muslims does not in any way take away from the reality of what (a healthy number of) Muslims are perpetrating every day around the globe.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I am looking at the front page of CNN now and it shows a picture of this guy holding his bloody tools and the caption is amusing.

"Barbaric slaying MAY BE terror attack"

May be?

Possible.

Are we still trying to figure out if this was a "terror attack"? I thought murder was murder unless you were wearing a police uniform, military uniform, or were a special agent with a license to kill.

I think we should reword this title to "Barbaric slaying MAY BE murder".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I don´t understand why the woman, that talked to both of the killers, got of the bus to check the puls of a beheaded man in the street? Did they behead the poor man after they talked to the woman?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse

Originally posted by whatzshaken

Does she look scared or intimidated?

She definitely was brave enough to discuss with him what and why he had participated in such an act for a length of Time, escaping any physical injury.

That woman has balls of steel! Respect!

She's gutsy or she's a trained intelligence operative who knows exactly how to take him out if she wants, but that would only lead to futher questions.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Just watched it on the evening news, the murdered guy was only in his 20's and described as wearing a help for heroes Tshirt (Help for hero's is a charity in the UK that raises money for injured and disabled service personnel if any one need's to know), the local MP has said he was an off duty soldier though that has not been made official as of yet, he was run down by two Islamic' guy's in a car and then they got out when over to him and stabbed him multiple times while he was lying injured, one of the Islamic men appearing to be African spoke on a video that has been aired claiming it was an eye for an eye and we should stop attacking there people, I have never hurt any Muslims and I doubt that young man whom they murdered had even if he was a soldier,.

I think we all feel equally disgusted that someone has come into our country and murdered one of our son's.
I won't make any statement's here as this young man has been the victim and we don't know what his opinions are but I am anti immigration though not racist and do not see any possible compatibility between the Muslim faith and the traditional Christian moral's and values that were once so important to the England I once loved and feel it gone now forever.

I leave my word's here with this before we make his death a bandstand for our opinion's as surely many will in the coming week's let us first consider that we do not know this young victim's opinion's and they should hold the weight here, only his parent's or spouse may make such.

I feel you. Don't give up on your country. If you pray, then pray for your country. I understand your despair. It's like the insane are running the asylum because they're too busy chastising others for racism that they don't see the consistent dangerous signs that are slapping them in the face.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Nothing to do with "blinders" being on - just a healthy dose of fact-based reality, as opposed to the bs that ALL muslims are secretly hiding their desire to see white UK citizens hacked to pieces.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I don´t know man. Looks like she is wearing a t-shirt under that vest. If that was some type of agent, I guess she would be wearing long sleeves and some type of protective vest underneath.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Yeah, like any person who relied on a gun to defend themself would allow a person with a knife who has just hacked another person to death, to get that close to them, based on the impression that they haven't attacked any women yet? Highly unlikely. Nope, I'm going with she's just a British scout leader.

edit on 23-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Sky just reported that all soldiers have been told not to wear uniforms in public after yesterdays incident.

What a crock!

Should be the other way round, more soldiers should wear there uniform proudly in public. I know there.s the safety issue, but God forbid anything like this happened again, i think we'd see a different from the public if a uniformed soldier was being attacked.

Don't hide away just because of two idiots. We had to do that with the IRA back in the 80's. I even had to get special permission to wear my uniform to my war veteran grandad's funeral.

I always donate to Help For Heroes anyway, but today i am going to buy a t-shirt and wear it proudly just as a sign of respect for this lad.

CX.
edit on 23/5/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/5/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I don´t know man. Looks like she is wearing a t-shirt under that vest. If that was some type of agent, I guess she would be wearing long sleeves and some type of protective vest underneath.

Its funny how the BBC have tweeted from the begining this has nothing to do with an intel operation that was going on.....
Maybe the two were being followed, state intelligence dropped the ball, this happened and now its damage control time..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Yeah, like any person who relied on a gun to defend themself would allow a person with a knife who has just hacked another person to death, to get that close to them?

Seen too many Bond movies you mate..

CX

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Originally posted by whatzshaken

Does she look scared or intimidated?

She definitely was brave enough to discuss with him what and why he had participated in such an act for a length of Time, escaping any physical injury.

That woman has balls of steel! Respect!

She's gutsy or she's a trained intelligence operative who knows exactly how to take him out if she wants, but that would only lead to futher questions.

I thought she was the cub scout leader?

CX.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This dude who killed these folk wanted the police to catch him.

The mad man was so mad he was proud lol

link   
Close our boarders, deport everyone on a temporary visa and put more police on the streets. This can cause major problems if it takes hold.

link   

Interesting angle indeed! But we will never find out.

link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Yeah, like any person who relied on a gun to defend themself would allow a person with a knife who has just hacked another person to death, to get that close to them?

Seen too many Bond movies you mate..

No, the person who's watched too many Bond movies is the one who thinks this was a special forces agent, totally confident in her ability to disarm a knife-wielding maniac at the slightest sign of an attack.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The response by British and US should be 'really devastating' otherwise these acts will go on. A good way should be to immediately send home 1000 Islamic people who are under any suspicion of terrorist acts. No matter if they are busy taking a shower or sleeping in shorts. Just yank them and off to airport and off to their homelands. Many questions asked BUT no answers given but for the one way ticket.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The guy didnt seem to be part of any " terrorist group".

edit on 23-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join