It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Look at her body language, she is leaning to the right away from him Looks like she wants to escape with all of her limbs intact....maybe she felt that calmness was her best bet....

How do you know what is the context of that interchange?
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

telegraph

this is descriptive

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken

telegraph

this is descriptive

Interesting read.
Well, there you have it: his motive and his solution

he said 'I killed him because he killed Muslims and I am fed up with people killing Muslims in Afghanistan they have nothing to do there.”

taken from your article...I have to admit though, the guy sure didn't look Afghani and he didn't sound Afghani either...as several people have commented he has a purely British accent.
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Absolutely horrible dispicable act...... BUT WE MUST STAND STRONG.

Islamophobia is a nasty ignorant thing, let us as British citizens not stoop so low or any citizens anywhere for that matter. Doing that will only create more bad blood, plus most muslims condemn this act like MOSTLY everybody else.

I must say though the timing of this is strange, especially with that crap Theresa May came up with a week ago

Life is Life

With many people calling for the execution of these extremists/terrorists on social media sites I can imagine such laws to be passed without people realising what they have just supported.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Human nature, survival...motive is missing as she is protecting nobody..totally made for the cameras...look at the bigger picture here people.... Your emotions are being used.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
I havn't had time to read ALL the comments so, if it's ben said already, i apologise.

They kill this man in broad daylight...
Someone JUST HAPPENS to be there to tape it all, in all its grotesque glory.
There's a woman who fronts up to the two machete wielding terrorists
Then after killing him and try to decapitate him in broad daylight, they hang around for twenty minutes waiting to be shot..

1 - Theres an horrific event thats captured on film to be spread all over the world by the MSM.
2 - We have a hero....the woman who fronted up to the two...
3 - The two are gunned down and will probably die of their wounds if they're not dead by now, so are unable to talk....

Big question is why are others not raising your questions..and again what about the comment made on page 2? Quote.. "Originally posted by usaman1983
BBC Tweet: BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 21m
UK officials say Woolwich incident not connected to intelligence-led operation - via @FrankRGardner Live updates: bbc.in...

This sounds like a pretty strange denial statement to release as part of the breaking news on the BBC."

RING ANY BELLS.......
edit on 23-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)
I know its hard, but calm your emotions and evidence whats going on here...

edit on 23-5-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Amazing how all the MSM keep labeling this as a 'terror attack' ... was what Jodi Arias did to her boyfriend a 'terror attack ? No. It was murder just like what happened today. Again with the media and 'scary words'.

While I do not think anyone can fully explain the demeanor or these Two men, I suspect that they had no intent on harming anyone else and wanted to show a message and knew what was going to happen.
It's all really bizarre. They ran the man over, for lack of a better word, 'hacked' him up, then took the time to explain what they did, apologize, hang around and talk to bystanders ...

I think what really bothers me, other than what these guys did, was everyone calmly hanging around and walking past these guys like nothing JUST happened ! A man is lying dead in the street all hacked up. The Two men who did it, all bloody with knives in hand. Just really bizarre.

Sir at it's base meaning the word Terror attack is related to an aggressive violent attack on a civilian or military target indescriminately killing anyone nearby causing fear, panic and is usually motivated by a radical political or religious view or some other sort of self justified martyrdom. Otherwise, it would essentially be angry person(s) A & B murdering innocent person C with machetes and butcher knifes for some reason other than what i listed above.. which in my opinion is definitely not the case

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

telegraph

this is descriptive

Interesting read.
Well, there you have it: his motive and his solution

he said 'I killed him because he killed Muslims and I am fed up with people killing Muslims in Afghanistan they have nothing to do there.”

Sounds more like after the fact justification to me. I've still not seen any evidence that the dead man was clearly identifiable as a soldier, so it remains to be explained how they knew he was one when they first drove at him, unless there had been some kind of interaction beforehand and the dead guy had told them he was one, for whatever reason.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Its a wonder this doesn't happen more often, assuming this is a "terrorist" attack as the media are shoving down our throats, like the entire world has just come to and end.

With the amount of chaos and discord the western nations have spread around the world on behalf of corporate interests, it either shows extreme apathy, restraint, or competent anti-"terror" intelligence work, that this kind of thing is not more common place.

We are lucky we live in a nation where this kind of thing is currently rare. Others are not so lucky, its because of the likes of the "victim" of this attack that they live in constant fear of all manner of violent attacks on innocent people, just so the rich can get richer. People will lose family and friends, property and more, and will want justice/revenge.

As for these men being called cowardly, that I completely disagree with. It must have taken a lot of courage for them to do what they did, they didn't run after the attack they stayed to fight the police, knowing they would likely die. People need to learn the meaning of words before they start throwing them around in order to spin the news a certain way. And most importantly, they targeted a soldier, not random innocent people.

I am not in any way condoning the attack on him. Its tragic either way that people need to resort to these violent acts, be it for money or revenge, but with human nature being what it is, its inevitable.

In short, nobody innocent died, so I will shed no tears. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

In my opinion this is the ONLY worthwhile comment in this entire thread, yet it got ignored!

Do you really think you can go round the world bombing and torturing and not get any come back?

If say france came to the UK and their army was vastly superior to ours and they tortured YOUR family members and killed YOUR family members, what would you do? Even if they are not your family members but just your fellow countrymen etc... WHAT would YOU do?

Everyone who pays taxes is responcible for this! Time to take some responsibility!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Islam (and all other religions for that mattert), should be erraicated from this earth once and for all..!!

The things that need eradicating are ignorance and the desire to impose one's own beliefs upon other people.

We achieve that then we might be on the road down the right track.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Actually, I've met a few of these muslims you are so terrified of and they are really nice people, Still, don't let me and my experiences spoil your stereotypical view of the world around you.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This thread was probably 2 pages in before the police actually responded. Im surprised the attacker didnt post a comment or two explaining himself. I cant believe how non-chalant people in the UK are when people are beheaded in the street, a lady walked right by the blood covered guy with the meat clever like he was an inconvenience. Holy hell how bizarre...

SMR

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak

Originally posted by SMR
Amazing how all the MSM keep labeling this as a 'terror attack' ... was what Jodi Arias did to her boyfriend a 'terror attack ? No. It was murder just like what happened today. Again with the media and 'scary words'.

While I do not think anyone can fully explain the demeanor or these Two men, I suspect that they had no intent on harming anyone else and wanted to show a message and knew what was going to happen.
It's all really bizarre. They ran the man over, for lack of a better word, 'hacked' him up, then took the time to explain what they did, apologize, hang around and talk to bystanders ...

I think what really bothers me, other than what these guys did, was everyone calmly hanging around and walking past these guys like nothing JUST happened ! A man is lying dead in the street all hacked up. The Two men who did it, all bloody with knives in hand. Just really bizarre.

Sir at it's base meaning the word Terror attack is related to an aggressive violent attack on a civilian or military target indescriminately killing anyone nearby causing fear, panic and is usually motivated by a radical political or religious view or some other sort of self justified martyrdom. Otherwise, it would essentially be angry person(s) A & B murdering innocent person C with machetes and butcher knifes for some reason other than what i listed above.. which in my opinion is definitely not the case

Wow ... that was like reading the Patriot Act all over ...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

From what muslims have you got this view point from? I agree with you about religion in general to a point but to me this sounds like your jumping on the bandwagon.... Most average British Joe never know nothing about Muslims before 9/11.

Just Packi's and the N word was the different races eh?

reply to post by Gazmeister

I'm basing my thoughts on actual muslims I know and have studied with... I'm not Muslim, I couldn't care less about any council or government statements for that matter.

But hey you guys keep up with your Islamophobia... your doing really well

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak

Originally posted by SMR

Wow ... that was like reading the Patriot Act all over ...

Seems like sound common sense and logic to me. Not every murder is a terrorist attack, but the ones executed by someone who goes on video to describe why he has beheaded and chopped a man up is due to the treatment Muslims received in afghanistan and other countries by the British military. He may not been al qaeda but the guy was a "victimized muslim" sympathizer and made that clear to anyone willing to tune in and listen

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Once more posters... hate speech will not be tolerated on ATS.

If you want to continue posting here, don't preach hate.

If you continue to preach hate, your accounts will be terminated, without any warning.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Does she look scared or intimidated?

She definitely was brave enough to discuss with him what and why he had participated in such an act for a length of Time, escaping any physical injury.

That woman has balls of steel! Respect!

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join