It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Relax mate,

Regardless if the cops had guns or not, it took 20 minutes for a response, in an age of Terrorist unit's etc CCTV cams all over the place and not to mention this took place out side of an army barracks ?

20 minutes ... really?

more over when you watch the footage, an unarmed female civilian (a mother believe) was the only one with some stones to talk to the guy ? while everyone else walks around the situation as if nothing happened.

it really is a strange and disturbing event from all angles.

be mindful of your initial unconscious reaction to this "shocking" event.

Muzz

edit on 23/5/2013 by Ormuz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And yet it isn't common - hence why it's so shocking to the people of Britain (within reason).

If we had guns, our suicide rate would sky-rocket, murder rate would sky-rocket, gun-related incidents would sky-rocket - and we'd most likely turn into 'Merica and get to the point where the gov then tries to take away the guns!

As I said, I'm quite fine without guns - I walk the streets and feel sufficiently safe. I've been subject to a couple of attempted knife-point robberies in Londonium and I was luckily able to get away without being harmed too greatly. Even after that, I still don't feel the need for guns - legalizing them en-masse would only lead to a mini-arms race on our streets.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

The situation was outrageously strange.

What baffled me more than the attack were the members of the public just standing casually near the scene and the people videoing them and the attackers apparently trying to justifying their actions (somewhat coherently too!). The entire situation is preposterous and pretty baffling!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by Ormuz

I am guessing they had to get the "special police". You know, they ones that have guns.

But what stopped the "regular unarmed police" from showing up ahead of time to secure the area and protect the civilian population? Even if your not armed, your an officer of the public, shouldn't they have been sent in to help the situation despite not having weapons?

Seems sorta backward. How was a med-vac unit not deployed immediately and arriving within five minutes? Despite the fact that the "special armed units" weren't going to get there for 20 minutes? I mean, this happened right in front of a school, didn't it? How was it nobody responded - IMMEDIATELY - and wasn't there within minutes? Regardless of whether one is armed or not?

Cirque

edit on 23-5-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

you're project what you would do in the circumstance. They spoke to a couple of people welding weapons and did not harm anyone other than their target. They knew the consequences of their actions and waited with purpose.
edit on 23-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: wording

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

reply to post by esdad71

I'm not sure you are a subject matter expert if you don't know the difference between a Platoon Sergeant and a Division Sergeant Major. Yea, I remember Berg. We collected his body from an overpass on Route Huskie.

Has nothing to do with the attacks in London though.

Sorry and apologize if needed, but to many times people talk the talk in these threads but the US did not kill that many people in Iraq. Do you really believe that?I have been burned by those who say they did something and did not in these forums. I was being vague. No offense intended but who was the CSM when you where there?

SME aside, the US did not kill that many and if you were there I woud hope you would know that about the Sunni Shia issues that were present and that is what I was referring to. .

It does have to do with Berg. Radical Islam. Are you going to tell me next there are no issues??

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Not sure about England, but in America the police have no legal requirement to protect civilians. Their job is to record crimes and investigate after the fact.

Nobody is paid enough to commit suicide. Asking an unarmed man to detain an armed man is naïve at best.

We don't know what was happening outside the camera view. Unarmed police may have been in the area observing the killers until tactical teams arrived. Seems there were a lot of police in the area at the end of the clip (moving civilians away from the area). I cannot imagine all of them arrived on scene at the same time.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I guess that makes sense.

I don't know. I've been clipped by a car before, jumping into the road to grab a kid and toss him onto the sidewalk so he didn't get hit. It wasn't even my child. It was instinctual - and I was quite willing to sacrifice my own life to save his.

I just find the whole reaction to said event - disturbing.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

As usual we have the Usual Gun wingers here moaning about guns and the U.S ,sticking up for Islam and Muslims and their trouble making murderous ways ruining European countries with their Bigoted obnoxious ideals and Sharia Law ,The U.N and its Zionists, pumping these troublemakers into Western countries deliberately to cause trouble and unrest ! in the false name of so called Multi culturalism ,don't have that in Israel do they ? WAKE UP some of you IDIOTS

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm surprised people are still talking about this script???
Y'all like stuff involving "terrorism" and "Muslims".
I wonder how much more BS TPTB have for us, for the remainder of this year? We're not even 1/2 way through the year yet, and it's been packed with drama. I better go get some more popcorn, for the 2nd half of the show.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

What makes you think the presence of guns would necessarily make crime skyrocket? You just saw for yourself that if someone is going to go nutty they can do it with a kitchen knife and meat cleaver.

And...apparently not all gun crime is down, maybe you just haven't seen it in your neighborhood.

townhall.com...

and then there's this

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The statistic will fuel fears that the police are struggling to contain gang-related violence, in which the carrying of a firearm has become increasingly common place.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So according to that, people in gangs had firearms but the average citizen did not. We know that gangs get their weapons usually illegally or by some shady deals.

Did England get crime free since 2009?

Here are some interesting stats on crimes committed in England and wales with just knives and sharp objects

www.ons.gov.uk...-Offe nces-involving-knives-and-sharp-instruments

182 homicides by knife... may sound like a small number but remember there were homicides by car, guns, and other violence committed.

So, England is not perfect yet?
edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Two men killed another person. They did it in broad daylight in front of witnesses. This is a serious game changer. It could signal the end of coordinated, planned, well executed (for the most part) terrorist attacks. Planned chaos without a head to remove. That should scare the hell out of everyone regardless of beliefs, country, race, or religion.

The weirdest thing is they did not care about themselves. Did not try to run away. Did not commit suicide. They didn't care whether they lived or died. They weren't trying to live or to die. It wasn't a suicide attack. It wasn't a hit and run attack.

It's an entirely new kind of thing.

Man walks up, chops up a victim, and calmly chats with passer's by about the event. And the passer's by chat back. It's all surreal. Almost as if the men were just doing something as ordinary as gardening.

No one screaming, no one running about, no one helping, no one interfering, like all zombies milling around.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
reply to post by Littlejohnny1

pump those breaks buddy

Shall do !

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

"i have not gone through all the pages so forgive me if its been posted"

bbc news just said the man killed was a member of the armed forces

and the two killers are in hospital being treated for gun wounds .

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Most of the worlds problems is because of ignorance.

Undoubtedly.

The Quran in it's pure form is not the problem.

And it's purest form is the interpretation that you believe in?

I'm sure that Mr X, Y or Z believe that the interpretations that they follow are The Quran in it's purest form.

It's the people, the ignorance and their agendas.

Yes I'd agree with that.

Supposedly people think there's a 100 versus about how muslims should kill the disbelievers, when in fact it talks about self defence in war.

Again, it's not about how moderates interpret them.
Some extremists do in fact interpret those verses as if the should 'kill the disbelievers'.
And some extremists vindicate their actions by stating that they are indeed 'at war' and as such should take the war to the infidel.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Yea that was odd to put it mildly. Two guys ran over a third guy then hacked him up. People (especially the guy recording) was calm enough to stand there and talk with them while they had blood all over them.

Killing and not running serves two purposes, if not more.

1) creates an atmosphere of fear - "I can kill and nothing will happen to me"
2) allows the killers to get into the eyes of the populace - posing for pics and making statement

Waiting calming for the police to arrive brings about options as well:

1) suicide by police - especially if they stayed in place until the tactical teams arrived
2) did they kill the soldier to lure police to the area - killing cops seems like it would strengthen their anti-government angle

I have no real answers I can only get so far into the mindset of a madman.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join