It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I was listening to the caller. The corener. I heard her say more children are coming in.

Hopefully, she misspoke.

edit on 20-5-2013 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Ugh. It's just too horrifying to think about.

As if being in the tornado wasn't frightening enough...
Yeah, I can't even begin to imagine how it would have been for them.

Sounds more like something that only occurs in movies, but never in reality.

edit on 5/20/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

My 3rd grader has OCD, so he panics easily & quickly, I just can't imagine. I don't want to. Someone above posted about tornado drills earlier, not to get too far off topic, but our little elementary school started quake drills right after the Virginia quake, that cracked my upper floor here in south jersey. After that, we had another, much closer quake. Epicenter right in my backwoods....my kids were worried & scared about that!! Nature to the little ones, can be so scary, no matter what it is!! Sorry o/t....I'm still listening to the scanner, doesn't sound like they were able to get communications up yet, which is to be expected...I feel for them, it's gonna be a long night.....and those looters are NOT helping!!!!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

CNN: ME just said at least 20 fatalities children.

Sometimes life is grand...and sometimes not.

This is a sad day. Poor kids.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat
reply to post by kosmicjack

I was listening to the caller. The corener. I heard her say more children are coming in.

Hopefully, she misspoke.

edit on 20-5-2013 by crappiekat because: to add

so so sad.....they have mentioned the coroner a lot the past hour.....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The hubbs and I are packing up clothes and bedding and whatever else we can donate. We're about an hour away from the OKC metro. Tomorrow I'll be going to where I work and setting up a donation center. If you can do anything where you are, please try.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Very sad for the loss of children. Numerous images of the damage, brings back memories of going through hurricane Andrew(FL) when I was young.
Poor children as shared in the images of some rescues as well as adults.
edit on 20-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This system is coming right at me. Looking at the radar, it seems to have subsided. We are under a Thunderstorm Watch at this point.

Just in case, we went outside and took everything in the garage, just in case the winds pick up more than their saying.

Man, stuff like this scare's the heck out of me.

I'm being laughed at because I won't take my shoe's off.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
- Respect The Wind -
edit on 20-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Has anyone ever entertained the idea, that maybe this is all part of Agenda 21? I know we're all anticipating a big bang but, it's these little bangs that concerns me the most.

No, it's May, this happens every year, and has been happening forever.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Has anyone ever entertained the idea, that maybe this is all part of Agenda 21? I know we're all anticipating a big bang but, it's these little bangs that concerns me the most.

Well..other than the fact that Tornado Alley has been getting Tornados for well over 100 years..

Don't let facts like that interfere with HAARP and the CIA causing everything.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is very horrible, My prayers go out to everyone affected by this pure show of mother natures brute strength and force. Now that same system is headed my way to Chicago. I hope the best for everyone.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

In what area are you located?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
More: Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office tells @NBCNews at least 20 of the 51 fatalities accounted for so far are children

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
My thoughts are with those in Oklahoma tonight, speed and courage are wished for the first responders.

To all of the HAARP, Agenda 21, "My kids are being taken hostage", false flag, and "God Hates Us" folks.

Please give it a rest, mother nature is not a kind lady, these things have been happening for 100's, 1000's, and millions of years, and those of us that have lived with them and through them all of our lives, we will take care of ourselves and our neighbors. The keyboard warriors on this site seriously piss me off at times, and this is one of those. IT WAS A TORNADO, PEOPLE WERE KILLED, either get off of your grossly obese posterior and do something, or shut the hell up. Off to figure out the best way to help, RED CROSS, SALVATION ARMY, or I am sure some of those churches that have opened there doors could use some cash or item donations.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by OkieDokie

We love you OkieDokie, stay safe, check back in.

Thank you so much for a much needed smile at the end of one heck of a day!

The storms are finally letting up here and all of the threatening stuff has passed. We had one tornado go directly north of us, then 2 more after that that grazed us to the south. Our county has seen at least 3 different tornado warnings tonight.

I had gotten a call right as the storms were hitting here that one of my friends was missing her daughter that was at Moore elementary. My heart absolutely broke for her. She had been trying to get into the school area but they weren't letting parents in saying they were not doing anymore rescue in the school, only recovery

Thankfully she finally found her about an hour ago with emergency personnel. It is about the only good news I have heard all evening.

Folks, please hug your loved ones extra tight tonight and let them know just how much you love them. Days like this really make you realize just how blessed you are by just having your loved ones around. I have a 3 and 5 year old and I know I had a hard time putting them in bed tonight because I just wanted to hold onto them forever. My thoughts and prayers go out to those that are still missing, those who have loved ones missing, and those who have lost loved ones today.

Ya'll stay safe tonight. These storms are still firing off and putting out tornadoes and we are forecasted for more severe weather tomorrow.

~OkieDokie

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

WTH!?

They are already moving in heavy equipment? Per CNN. Are you kidding me?

They found people in Bangladesh long after for cripes sake.
It's been six hours.

It may actually be a good thing. Perhaps there may be certain sections they can easily access to look for survivors if strategic pieces are moved.

I really hope they are not going to just start ripping in there without thinking of people still buried.

I hope......

They have maps of the underground storm shelters and are getting organized to search and make sure people could get out of them since the debris piles can cover the doors. And obviously with this much devastation, you may need to move large pieces of debris and cars to get to injured persons.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Whats the deal with different tornadoes going the same path? 1999, 2003 and now 2013 same path. I understand tornado alley has the right conditions for tornadoes but it just seems strange to me. I feel for all the victims terrible what their going through.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I'm in Clark County and it's headed right for us. Don't blame you about the shoes. When I know the S could HTF, I try to stay ready. Brewed a fresh pot of coffee, this could be a long night. Stay safe.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and, this is....stressful. I just keep looking at my 6 year old son and cannot fathom the pain in the hearts of these parents that lost their kids. Watching that beast on t.v., it was clear to me that if you were not underground your were in trouble.There is a 3ft. by 4ft. hole dug in a flat field about 100ft. from us and I have my maglite,military ax,military headgear and goggles,combat boots,heavy black jeans and a harly davidson leather jacket with a supplies packed swat vest over that.I will mad max this situation if it comes to me.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
One question I do have and maybe some one can answer. The Fire Department approves all emergency plans at the school fire, tornado, hurricane and so on. All the way down to where teachers and students should go in case of a emergency. So the fire department should know exactly where to look for any students and teachers. Does this mean they were blown away?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join