It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just heard on the weather channel, 70 + children in the hospital.

My heart is breaking.

Here, we are getting rain and wind that is picking up. Nothing like they had south.

But, You never know when those winds start to collide.

NO, Not taking the shoe's off for a while. Don't drink coffee, but will be wide awake for a while.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
omg has this been posted yet

big tornado

looks like a movie
edit on 20-5-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I keep hearing about the 7 little ones that were trapped and drowned in their school. I am hoping that it isn't true but I just don't know. I don't if my heart is breaking for the babies or for their families.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There is still a very significant line of storms present.
www.intellicast.com...

It goes without saying, Everyone ahead of it, should at least be a little more conscientious of severe weather. Given what this same system has already been responsible for.

TOR-CON Index

edit on 20-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Has anyone ever entertained the idea, that maybe this is all part of Agenda 21? I know we're all anticipating a big bang but, it's these little bangs that concerns me the most.

Well..other than the fact that Tornado Alley has been getting Tornados for well over 100 years..

Don't let facts like that interfere with HAARP and the CIA causing everything.

I jumped into this thread at the end.

Lucky for me.

I cannot believe some twit is already going "Derp what if its the nwos!" .. jesus .. they're just unbelievable.. absolutely mindless..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Just starting to get heavy rain. It wil be sparatic according to the radar.

Alot of electricity in this storm. Great show.

Sorry, No pic's.
edit on 20-5-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
News is stating they will try to use helicopters with IR to look for warm spots to find people. Hope it works.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Saw it first on the news here in Aus about an hour ago and they said 13 people dead. That was after I saw the other threads on here stating at least 37 - 50.

But they're showing all the damage and destruction now, my god how can it be so little a number looking at all that, I've not heard the latest but that is sheer devastation.

terrifying.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

News is stating they will try to use helicopters with IR to look for warm spots to find people. Hope it works.

What I just now heard was that they have told the news helicopters to stay away from the area, so that it would possibly make it easier to hear someone yelling for help.

reply to post by crappiekat

Originally posted by crappiekat

Just heard on the weather channel, 70 + children in the hospital.

My heart is breaking......
As far as I've heard, they still don't know the extent of those injuries. Just a minute ago, I heard them say that it was 70 children being treated, without even mentioning the Hospital.

I don't know for sure, but 'being treated' sounds much better than 'In Hospital'. It could possibly mean that many of them are being treated for cuts and bruises.
(Wishful Thinking?)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes, earlier today. Now they want to use IR in the search,

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I'm with you. At least it gives hope and will be more efficient in S&R.

What a heart wrenching day this has been. I have been following this thread since it began with tears streaming down for the parents who are still waiting. The people of Oklahoma are really rallying as a community and I hope the watching world sees how it is done.

The only thing that may not have been mentioned was that there is a mall parking lot organized to receive stray kitties , pups and other animals people may find. I have not been able to confirm whether it is the Home Depot or not, although I believe it is. ETA: The location is at 7949 -I 35 Service Road.

My prayers and best wishes go each and every person affected by this massive tragedy.
edit on 21-5-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Watches and Warnings for Illinois - alerts.weather.gov...

Anyone else can find watches and warnings for their state here : www.weather.gov...
edit on 20-5-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Have been avoiding this thread as well as lame stream media because I knew it was going to be bad. Trying to limit the crappy news stories these days.....but WOW that video is enough for me. Good luck to everyone affected. You will be in my thoughts.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is probably a stupid question.......

Does Infrared work better at nighttime?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If anything crazy happens ill post about it, I live in Williamson county and don't plan going to sleep anytime soon

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Has anyone ever entertained the idea, that maybe this is all part of Agenda 21? I know we're all anticipating a big bang but, it's these little bangs that concerns me the most.

No, it's May, this happens every year, and has been happening forever.

Correct...or at least partly so. As you know we haven't been having the storms or tornado's these last several years that we are accustomed to. Seems like everything is getting back to "normal". Just wish that tornado had gone a little farther south...or waited a few more miles before forming so it would have missed the populated area. Like you alluded to; These things have been occurring for thousands of years in this area. It's nothing new...most people just never hear about it because although a mile wide tornado is one hell of a spooky sight...when all it does is rearrange someone's hay bales or uproot a shelter-belt no body cares. No news coverage and no pain and anguish. However when one of these things strikes a major metropolitan area....like the unlucky people in Moore have had on 3 separate occasions....well, that's when the whole world hears about it. It certainly doesn't mean anything is amiss though. It's May in Oklahoma. God be with all the families affected by this terrible storm.
edit on 20-5-2013 by EdSurly because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

No expert here but I would think so. Cooler background I would think. Don't know it that was just someone there suggestion or if they are actually doing it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

that was downright terrifying.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why is it always the kids....I can't wrap my mind around this.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

I'm with you. At least it gives hope and will be more efficient in S&R.

What a heart wrenching day this has been. I have been following this thread since it began. I hope the mods have been dishing out some applause for the excellent and helpful info provided by some members.

The only thing that was not mentioned was that there is a mall parking lot organized to receive stray animals people may find. I have not been able to confirm whether it is the Home Depot or not, although I believe it is. So maybe first responders can assist with that info if someone comes across stray kitties or pups.

My prayers and best wishes go each and every person affected by this massive tragedy.
edit on 20-5-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

This is from KFOR News website regarding animals.

Lost animals: If you find displaced animals, you can take them to the Animal Resource Center at 7949 S. I-35 Service Rd. (405) 604-2892. They are also offering displaced people shelter for the night as well.

Animal aid: The Pet Food Pantry of OKC is offering dog food, cat food, leashes, collars, food bowls, etc to those in need. (405) 664-2858 www.petfoodpantryokc.org

edit on 20-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join