It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes, typically IR works better at night depending on temperature. I use IR a lot with my job, but I live in Arizona, so here it does not work as well during the day than at night when it is at extreme temperatures. Also IR technology plays a factor; a UAV IR will be much better than an "off-the-shelf" IR available to the public.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The meteorologists are calling for another round tomorrow. Hopefully it's only hay bales and wheat that's destroyed.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

man, I hope the conditions aren't as ripe as they were today. After the smaller storm that killed two in Shawnee, I heard the same thing, and look what happened today. The whole area needs a break.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
CNN just added 40 more.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's early morning in Europe and i just woke up only to find out about this tragedy.
You sure are getting no rest America, this is horrible. Poor kids

I hope people there will soon be able to build new homes again.
Does anybody know who is paying for it?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by EdSurly

man, I hope the conditions aren't as ripe as they were today. After the smaller storm that killed two in Shawnee, I heard the same thing, and look what happened today. The whole area needs a break.

The conditions seem to be the same.

Here is the SPC convective outlook for tomorrow:

There is a very high chance for severe weather tomorrow in the Midwest. Probably more tornadoes as well.
edit on 21-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I was playing WoW and had CNN on in the background and they came in with Breaking News and mentioned that. My heart sank. I can't think about anything else. all those lil guys and gals
gosh. and they have to abandon the rescue attempt for the night. i could cry

edit on 21-5-2013 by ReverendGreen because: sad face

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Are you able to use this streaming link from your location?
kfor.com...

They have been covering this all day, and have been doing a great job keeping people informed.
It's been mentioned in the thread before. Thought I'd mention it again.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Thanks for those maps. very informative. Hope everyone keeps their guard up.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I know,that was my first thought.My first thought is always for the littlest ones.But i'm concerned for everyone,just started reading this thread.My sympathy to everyone affected by these tornadoes

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ReverendGreen

Are those the kiddies at the elementary school? 40 lil kids deceased?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Taking the shoe's off.

Got a call a few minutes ago. Our Church will be sending out a need to help others.

Very tried now, I lay my head down with much in my mind. I pray for the parent's who have lost everything.

Good Lord!!!

I don't know what else to say. Peace be with you all.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is devastating and so very sad. I endured a tornado this size in 1996 and survived. It changed my life forever and thanks be to GOD, no one ...not ONE person lost their life in the town I lived in. However, this is not the case today. I am so deeply saddened, and wish so badly there was something I could do!

Here is a really great link to a ton of ongoing footage of the actual twister and reports directly from the area.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 21-5-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Weather manipulation to take your mind off recent events is a very, very scary thing. Especially when it's one of the largest tornadoes on record ever.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Im tuned to your link,the report i'm seeing says 51 confirmed dead,but i saw on SkyNews(im in SouthAfrica,i have to rely on CNN+Sky for overseas didasters) but on Sky they said ,91 dead among which 24 kids were killed at Plaza Towers school,they were gathered in the main hallway,the roof collapsed+the kiddies drowned
my heart is just breaking,this is so horrible!
Why don't all schools in states at risk from tornadoes have mandatory underground tornado shelters????????????
edit on 21-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by shell69

Im tuned to your link,the report i'm seeing says 51 confirmed dead,but i saw on SkyNews(im in SouthAfrica,i have to rely on CNN+Sky for overseas didasters) but on Sky they said 24 kids were killed at Plaza Towers school,they were gathered in the main hallway,the roof collapsed+the kiddies drowned
my heart is just breaking,this is so horrible!
Why don't all schools in states at risk from tornadoes have mandatory underground tornado shelters????????????

I agree 100% they should have shelters and I have to wonder why they don't already have them. It could have saved these kids.

My heart and prayers go out to all the people that have lost tonight. My heart is in my throat this so bad.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Damn

7am here in the UK and so sorry to hear this news, wish i could come and help y'all.
Deepest thoughts to all of you.

Ps is Okey OK? Only read the 1st 6 pages so far

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Me too,it's so horribly sad.My sympathy to the parents,to everyone whose lives were shattered by this-by the loss of adult loved ones too.And being a great animal lover,i don't even want to think about all the beloved pets lost,on top of everything else.I wish so badly there was something,anything,i could do to help!!!!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Good question, great idea! I wish I had an answer????
I know that I spent several hours on Saturday watching Doomsday Preppers and saw a ton of different bunkers or whatever they call them that would be ideal storm shelters without anything but the bunker itself... basically however I know that after being involved in an F4 tornado here where I live, that by the Grace of God I survived. Afterwards all that I KNEW for certain was that you can NEVER EVER be truly safe from one of these type of tornadoes UNLESS... you are UNDERGROUND!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
WOW!!....We dont know how lucky we are here in the UK...The weather might not be the best, but i'll take constant cloud and rain over this any day of the week....stay safe people and God Bless.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join